PDA

View Full Version : move action on full attack?

Serin
2013-06-18, 02:15 PM
So Im trying to figure out how to reliably get a move action with a full attack. Game is using mainly pathfinder but I can probably get any 3.5 that isn't psionic in.

I could use a belt of battle but that is only 3x per day. The goal here is to get.multiple attacks with a feint. I'm playing a fencer type character and I'm trying to make the most of SA dice. I know using flanking might be easier and Ive got that covered. The character mainly works solo but singled tiered leadership cheese is in. She is also a vampire and I could get trained dogs or something. I just want feinting for flavor if i can.

In a completely different direction, if theres a way to combine a single weapon strike with a natural attack as a standard action that would work just as well. Id only get two attacks with the feint instead of the 3 BAB will yield but its better than one.

Disclaimer:u
Any spelling or grammar issues are my phone's fault.

limejuicepowder
2013-06-18, 02:16 PM
edi edit edit: yeah I suck at reading comprehension. What I said won't work.

My only recommendation is 5 levels of invisible blade, which gives you the ability to feint as a free action once per round. The class has other benefits as well, so it might be worth a look. Complete warrior.

Emperor Tippy
2013-06-18, 02:28 PM
8 Levels of Factotum for Cunning Surge. Gives you an extra standard action for 3 IP, which can be used to move and thus let you full attack. You can potentially get upwards of 13 such extra standard actions per encounter.

Serin
2013-06-18, 02:30 PM
I might be able to get away with 3 lvls of it since improved feint gets it to a move action. Im not really feat starved because the DM doubled the number of feats you get in PF as a way of mitigating her super low magic setting.

*edit* referring to invisible blade.

Darrin
2013-06-18, 02:36 PM
This isn't a full attack but:

Move action to feint.
Standard action = attack #1.
Snap Kick = attack #2.
Planar Touchstone: Oxyrhynchus = attack #3.

iDesu
2013-06-18, 02:36 PM
The feat travel devotion from complete champion can get you swift action movements for 1 minute per day. If you have the ability to turn undead then you can expend two uses to activate travel devotion again.

limejuicepowder
2013-06-18, 02:53 PM
The feat travel devotion from complete champion can get you swift action movements for 1 minute per day. If you have the ability to turn undead then you can expend two uses to activate travel devotion again.

I said the same thing, but it doesn't work: travel devotion allows movement, but he needs a move action. They aren't the same thing.

Serin
2013-06-18, 02:56 PM
I think snap kick or the touchstone might work best for my purposes. The extra attack I want to get is with a braid blade. With snap kick the only difference between the attack allowed by the feat and the blade is that the blade base dmg is half or less of what my unarmed strike is and it effectively applies TWF penalties. The touchstone the only difference is really the damage.

That and the blade cuts penalties from 5 to 2 with 5 ranks in tumble. I might be able to make a logical case for allowing substitution there even without RAW backing me up.

iDesu
2013-06-18, 03:02 PM
I said the same thing, but it doesn't work: travel devotion allows movement, but he needs a move action. They aren't the same thing.

Ah, well bah. I seem to be missing the mark on quite a few things lately.

Urpriest
2013-06-18, 03:09 PM
Since it's Pathfinder, Two-Weapon Feint lets you give up one of your attacks in order to feint rather than taking a move action.

erikun
2013-06-18, 05:21 PM
Psionic power Hustle (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/hustle.htm) will give it to you for 3PP each time, assuming you have some way to acquire a 2nd level power easily.

ericgrau
2013-06-18, 05:24 PM
<facepalm> He's potentially allowed everything in the multiverse except psionics :smallbiggrin:

Here's what I found:

Time Thief 11
Ally with Pathfinder Chronicler 6
Accelerate (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/words-of-power/effect-words/accelerate) (Ultimate Magic). Level 2 sor/wiz/bard/magus/alchemist spell. You could get a potion, for example. You have to get the DM to accept the words of power system, but introducing items like potions before anything else from the system is actually suggested. Basically the potion creator must have been a wordcaster variant of his casting class (to the exclusion of regular spells), or a regular caster who took a feat to allow a handful wordspells.

Serin
2013-06-18, 05:40 PM
I was looking at words of power. That's already an excepted premise as I could choose words of power instead of the normal red mantis spell list. My only drawback there is I was really looking forward to trying to get my hands on some necromancy based Save-Or-suck spells like limp lash.

Humble Master
2013-06-18, 05:41 PM
Dervish sort of lets you take a move action and a full attack but you have to move a little between attacks.

You can use the maneuver Quicksilver Motion to move as a swift action which I think lets you also make a full attack (sorry I can't remember exactly right now).

ericgrau
2013-06-18, 05:42 PM
I was looking at words of power. That's already an excepted premise as I could choose words of power instead of the normal red mantis spell list. My only drawback there is I was really looking forward to trying to get my hands on some necromancy based Save-Or-suck spells like limp lash.

Here's something I touched on in my excessive edit-fixes:

Experimental Spellcaster

Despite casting spells, you dabble in the art of wordcasting.

Prerequisites: Ability to cast spells.

Benefit: Select one class that grants you the ability to cast spells. You can now use the slots from that class to cast a limited number of words of power spells. Add all of the target words to your spell list and your spellbook, familiar, or list of spells known. In addition, add the boost meta word and one effect word of any level you can cast in the chosen class.

Special: You can take this feat multiple times. Each additional time you select this feat, add two effect or meta words to your spellbook, familiar, or list of spells known.

Basically all that garble says the feat gives you one effect wordspell, such as accelerate, plus all the other starter-kit shtuff you need to wordcast. Including the ability to boost your accelerate. If you take the feat again, you get 2 more effect wordspells.

Serin
2013-06-18, 05:47 PM
Well that avoids having to choose between accelerate and normal spellcasting.