PDA

View Full Version : GIRALLON’S BLESSING and FUSE ARMS

Devronq
2013-06-18, 02:27 PM
First of all can i cast Girallons blessing more than once granting extra sets of arms?
Can i cast Girallons blessing then fuse arms (+4untyped bonus to str) over and over again after each other gaining near infinite punpun type strength? (until the duration runs out that is :P)

Rhynn
2013-06-18, 02:31 PM
SRD: "Stacking Effects: Spells that provide bonuses or penalties on attack rolls, damage rolls, saving throws, and other attributes usually do not stack with themselves."

That is separate of and in addition to the fact that bonuses of the same type don't stack.

So, even a spell that grants an untyped bonus does not stack with itself.

I'd personally also interpret this to mean that you can only be affected by one girallon's blessing at a time, but that's obviously up to the DM.

Deophaun
2013-06-18, 03:06 PM
This is more on point:

Same Effect More than Once in Different Strengths

In cases when two or more identical spells are operating in the same area or on the same target, but at different strengths, only the best one applies.
So no. All that multiple castings of Girallion Arms does is reset the duration, assuming that all castings are at the same caster level. You do not get additional pairs of arms.

Vaz
2013-06-18, 03:14 PM
Try casting Girallon's Blessing after fusing arms, then recast fuse arms. That should work, however.

The Viscount
2013-06-18, 04:52 PM
You're also not prevented from stacking on separate effects like Arms of Plenty.

Icewraith
2013-06-18, 07:19 PM
Try casting Girallon's Blessing after fusing arms, then recast fuse arms. That should work, however.

You still run afoul of the "same effect, different strengths" clause, since what you're fusing is the result of Girallon's blessing, and bonuses from the same spell (Fuse Arms) don't stack.