PDA

View Full Version : Constructs + will saves

Yogibear41
2013-06-18, 10:38 PM
Looking for anything that a force golem would ever need to actually make a will save for, assuming normal construct traits, and immunity to lots of spells (will be using a homebrew version of it that is suitable for PC use, that isn't automatically guaranted immunity to all spells, but has a scaling immunity that rises with level, as well as spell resistances = to 15+ HD)

basically I'm just seeing if I have any reason not to just completely dump wisdom, spot and listen checks be darned :(

Rubik
2013-06-18, 11:06 PM
Nopony is immune to Pinkie Pie.

No, not even then.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/bb2/a1e/630/resized/insane-pinkie-pie-meme-generator-try-a-cupcake-tom-they-re-insanely-good-8915ec.jpg

Make your Will save.

TaiLiu
2013-06-18, 11:20 PM
Make your Will save.
As I dislike cupcakes, I get a huge circumstance bonus and pass with ease!

erikun
2013-06-18, 11:32 PM
Pretty much any non-mind affecting spell or effect that uses will saves will force them with your character. There are a few, such as dealing subdual damage or ability drain, that you don't have to worry about. Illusions, however, are going to be a big one that you will likely need a will save against.

Psyren
2013-06-19, 04:47 AM
When that show finally gets cancelled I think the entire internet might implode.

Anyway, one of the major categories of "non-mind-affecting will saves" are teleportation/transportation effects. Most require willing targets, but some can be used offensively - for example, plane shift is a "soft" save or die you can use to take out any monster that lacks a way to come back on its own. Baleful Transposition and Translocation Trick are will saves that you can use to put opponents in harm's way.

Bakkan
2013-06-19, 10:52 AM
The most common low-level spell that a construct would have to make a Will save against might be Glitterdust.