PDA

View Full Version : Justice League Unlimited Season 4 IC

Dienekes
2013-06-19, 01:36 AM
Justice League Unlimited Season 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvjMnVi3XZI)

Episode 1: Recreation

Today was the day. Months after the desolation of Darkseid, each of you had been contacted by Hawkgirl. She flew into each of your lives to ask you a simple question; would you be willing to step up and become a member of the Justice League?

In your own time and for your own reasons each of you accepted her offer. She smiled and gave each of you a heavy card marked with “JL” and directly below it “Delta.” Patiently Hawkgirl explained that in one week you were to keep the card on your person if you still wished to join. That day had finally arrived, and as you prepared you heard a deep, commanding voice in your head. <<Are you ready?>> it asked simply. Before you even had a chance to respond in the affirmative the voice replied <<Good.>>

Suddenly the whole world grows bright with a light almost too radiant to keep your eyes open. The next thing you realize is that your location has changed. You stand atop steel blue circle, one of seven atop a darker blue platform. On five of the other circles stands another costumed hero; a redheaded girl dressed in black with a white bird symbol on her chest, a man in a red and white battlesuit, a tall woman in a black toga, her eyes seeming to glow with inky blackness, a metal suit of armor with a large wing attached to its back, a girl with a dinosaur, and a woman in bunny slippers.

Before you stands one you recognize well, Hawkgirl. With her mace hanging by her side. “Thanks J’onn, that looks to be all of them,” she says as she taps her ear. “Yes, I know what to do.” Putting her hand down she looks to each of you. “Alright Delta Squad, let me be the first to welcome you to the Watchtower. The home of the Justice League.”

She steps to the side to allow you to see the hall. A wide metallic expanse filled with heroes, some familiar, some less so. Each of the heroes rushing about as though they had a million things to do and no time to do them. Several gathered by the computers where a faceless man in a blue fedora and trench coat was muttering to himself. A girl that appeared to be made of green flame flew around the room once until she shot upward to some unknown floor. But her movement brings your eye up as you see for the first time just how impossibly large the satellite is.

"And when you're finished gawking you can follow me, there is someone you need to meet."

greenpotato
2013-06-19, 02:18 AM
Sable Seer steps of the platform and smiles at the others before moving to follow Hawkgirl.

BananaPhone
2013-06-19, 02:36 AM
Apex
Cnd: Normal
HP: 1

Jennifer had been at home when Hawkgirl had approached her, popping the question of whether she'd like to step up and join the Justice League.

The Kryptonian was seated upon her leather couch, absentmindedly stroking Nightmare that rested in her lap.

"So you finally want me to come along huh?" she asked, a blonde eyebrow raised skeptically.

"Sure took you're time asking me. I mean, it's not like I could be of any use. I'm only a nigh-invincible alien - what use could I be?"

"Do you accept or not?"

"Temper, temper deary - I'm just busting your balls, relax. I figured you'd be used to it now with shoes like those. Fine, if you really need me to come along I suppose I can help out."

Jennifer's eyes returned to her large television which was obscured behind Hawkgirls figure. As the superheroine reached forward with a JL card between her fingers, Jennifer inclined her head to the left to get a better view of the obsfucated TV.

"Yeah that's nice sweetie, just put it on the counter on your way out."

oOo

"No Amanda, I can't...I must tell you - I love you!"

"Oh James, and I must admit...I'm pregnant with your child!"

Cheesy saxaphone music played as the two characters on television embraced and kissed, a setting sun throwing a lens flare across the scene.

Sitting beneath a quilt, an empty box of malomars to one side and a sleeping pet sea otter to her other, Jennifer narrowed her eyes suspiciously as she stuffed the last chocolate candy into her mouth and chewed it with open lips.

"Oh sure, he says that now. Just wait till that ticking time bomb in your womb blows your ass up, then we'll see how enamored he is with some jelly on a spring."

"Are you ready?"

Jennifers blue eyes widening, "No, no!" she huffs moving to stand up.

"Good."

Before she could act the world peeled away in a wash of bright light, only to be replaced with the steel chrome of the Watchtowers interior.

Jennifers yellow hair was a mess, while the rest of her was dressed in her pyjama's (http://cdn.pajamagram.com/Images/ProductImages/Large/GKPJ01048_Large_Keyword_20130108_1224.jpg), completely with fluffy novelty-sized slippers (http://www.therandomshop.co.uk/gift-ideas/wp-content/uploads/white-cute-westie-fluffy-dog-slippers.jpg).

Pausing, eyes slightly wide at spotting the array of people around her, Jennifer slowly composed herself to her 5'11 height, projecting an image of dignity and gravitas. "Ahem." she spoke quietly, and then, with her head high, marched off the teleporter-pad.

Throughout the tour Jennifer seemed less impressed than others might be. She'd been on starships before, and helped in the conquest of other species: this was more familiar than exotic.

Binks
2013-06-19, 09:57 AM
There were many disadvantages to a full visor design that James had considered when assembling the TALOS II suit. Lack of peripheral vision, less friendly look more likely to frighten people, increased likelihood that criminals would be willing to use lethal force due to lack of a recognizable face, and a few others. All of those objections had been outweighed by the advantages of such a design, however, and here was a new advantage to add to the list; the fact that no one could see him gawking.

A real, working, teleportation device in a full on orbital space station...

James just barely restrained himself from rushing around to try and find the control panel, or going to see what the wall interfaces did, or trying to find the vehicle bay, or doing any of the hundred other things he would love to do aboard such a technological wonder.

Hawkgirl's words about gawking wrenched James back to the present. As he swung his head down to look back in her direction (thank goodness the only external movement he had made had been to tilt his head up roughly in time with the others) he noticed, for the first time, the other heroes on the pad with him. Nodding to Hawkgirl in a manner that he hoped disguised his complete giddiness TALOS II fell into line...and barely managed to avoid stopping to stare at every gadget they passed.

Time for that later...

mistformsquirrl
2013-06-19, 01:59 PM
Iris was momentarily stunned by her sudden arrival on the Watchtower; one moment she'd been scanning the streets of Gotham from above, and the next well... here she was.

"Well, that's one way to say 'you're in'" she marveled.

Iris instinctively checked over her utility belt and grapple gun as she followed Hawkgirl - having no actual powers to fall back on she had become quite cautious about making her her equipment was always at the ready - if it weren't it could well be fatal.

ripleycat
2013-06-19, 05:57 PM
Timegirl
Cnd: :smallbiggrin:

"Are you sure about this? I mean, what if-"

"Yes! Yes I'm sure! I'm totally, totally sure! I was sure the last-" Rosario paused and counted quickly on her fingers. "-eight times you asked!"

"You can't blame your mother for wanting to be careful, dear. This could be tremendously dangerous."

"Ohh, a lecture on danger from a man who got me a dinosaur for my 8th birthday?" At the word, Big Al trundled over and nudged Rosario's shoulder affectionately, nearly knocking her flat. "Aww, love you too big guy. Come on, dad! We did tons of dangerous stuff all the time. I'm gonna do this."

"All right, all right. Just, you know where you can find us if anything goes wrong. Drink lots of water, and..."

"Are you ready?"

Timegirl looked around wildly. "Wait, what? Who said that?"

"Good."

"I'm not- Aaaaaa!"

And then Rosario was standing in the Watchtower, surrounded by other heroes and trying very very hard not to squeak in delight. She manages an equally high-pitched "Oh wow." instead. Big Al growled in confusion, leaving Timegirl to soothe him, lest someone on the platform have the shortest superhero career of all time.

With her buddy no longer in the mood to gnaw on someone, Rosario followed Hawkgirl, open-mouthed and not bothering to hide her gawking as they walked. Rosario had seen a lot of extraordinary things in her life, but this was something else again, and she was looking at the heroes just as much as the Watchtower. That included the group who teleported in with her. "OK, you're all superheroes too right? I mean, um, of course you are. This is crazy. I'm Ros- Timegirl, by the way. Super awesome to meet you all! Can't believe this is real..."

shugyosha
2013-06-19, 06:53 PM
Wind Dragon

Months after his public debut Toshio still looked over his shoulder from time to time. Even with the card in his pocket he worried. At first he thought this might be one of their traps but Kimiyo had verified that the offer was real. The might of the League just could give him the breathing room he needed.

He was flying for fun, something he rarely did before. The freedom and the exhilaration of moving without bounds made him smile like a child. The Tokyo city lights danced below when the voice came. His only words were, "Ready for what?" Then he remembered the card, "Yes."

The darkness of the night faded to the main room of the watchtower. It was hard not to gawk at the sight of it all. Not for the size of things but how everyone was so comfortable with themselves and their power. Part of him fears that he might be recognized.

He offers a hand in greetings to Time Girl, "I am Wind Dragon."

Dienekes
2013-06-20, 08:37 AM
"I see you've changed your costume," Hawkgirl sneered to Apex as they walked through the complex. "I assume your new name will be the Sleep Walker? Truly a great addition for the league, it's a wonder we took so long recruiting you."

She kept walking, steadily getting higher and higher. "And here is the cafeteria and mess room it's where we go to relax."

"Ha-ha! I knocked your block off!" a voice shouted from within the room, causing Hawkgirl to roll her eyes as they continued to head upwards. They passed so many rooms it was nearly impossible to keep them all straight, several conference rooms, and training rooms, one for sparring, one against robots, one for target practice. Holding cells, more teleporters, monitor rooms, until they finally were near the top.

greenpotato
2013-06-20, 09:06 AM
"I'm the Sable Seer" the woman in the black toga says once timegirl begins the introductions, somewhat distracted as she seems to peer around through the walls of the place taking in as much as she can.

Binks
2013-06-20, 09:33 AM
Dragging himself back to the matters at hand for a moment the man in the suit of armor with a wing on his back (which, James notes, is proving somewhat impractical for the watchtower's hallways, despite their width) nods to the others, though he restrains from offering a handshake.

"You can call me Talos 2." he says by way of introduction. "Nice to meet all of you." he adds, in an effort to be polite, before his attention is dragged away by one of the teleporter rooms the group passes.

BananaPhone
2013-06-20, 10:42 AM
Apex

Grooming herself along the way, Apex steadily straightened her hair out to resemble something halfway presentable. She could be heard muttering at the back of the group as she periodically struggled with her Kryptonianly resistant hair tangles.

When Timegirl shakeup,Apex offered a terse smile and a polite wave with her free hand. The girl seemed sweet and enthusiastic. It was kinda cute. "I'm Apex, glad to meet you all. By the way, I love your jacket!"

Then Hawkgirl spoke up with her suggestion for a namechange.

"Well you know how it is," Apex returned immediately, struggling with her hair tangles and sounding bored at having to respond, "it's decent manners not to completely render your new coworkers obsolete on your first day. Given you're already our door-girl the next step might involve the phrase 'Hey buddy, got a quarter?'."

mistformsquirrl
2013-06-20, 02:05 PM
Iris followed the group closely, but stayed silent, mulling the situation over in her head and particularly taking stock of the more talkative members of the group. I really hope those two can learn to get along, I don't have a good feeling about being around them if they're going to be that catty she thought to herself.

Dienekes
2013-06-21, 07:46 AM
"Oh I don't think anyone was worried of you showing up anybody," Hawkgirl said over her shoulder as they finally reached their destination. Coming to a large metal door she tapped the control panel at its side. The door slid open revealing Superman standing in front of a large screen dominated by the features of an old Asian man dressed in military apparel.

"Of course general," he said, holding his hand out behind him signalling for Hawkgirl and the rest of the team to remain where they were. "I'm sending Captain Atom, he should help with this mess. Now if you'll excuse me I have some business to attend to here."

Switching the screen off Superman turned to all of you with a large smile as he looked at each of you, stumbling a bit in confusion upon seeing Apex costume but he quickly recovered. "Hello, I'm Superman. Though I guess you probably know that." He came forward to shake each of your hands in turn. "I like to meet all the new recruits and say a few words."

BananaPhone
2013-06-21, 08:03 AM
There weren't many people that could bring a dash of red to Apex's cheeks, but Superman was one of them. A fellow Kryptonian and one of the handful remaining of her species, he was also the one that helped her settle onto the planet. For that she was forever grateful.

"How you been?" Apex smirked, returning the firmness of his handshake.

Binks
2013-06-21, 10:53 AM
James stopped as the door opened to reveal Superman, not because of his signal to wait, or because the rest of the group had also stopped, but simply because of how awe-inspiring it was to get to meet Superman. During the battle with Darkseid's forces James had seen the occasional piece of the main fight over Metropolis (the suit's optical enhancers were worth every penny, he'd thought at the time), and getting to meet the man who had fought at ground zero and won was an incredible honor.

After a moment's pause to collect himself TALOS II stuck out a hand to shake with Superman, doing his best to seem calm and collected behind the mask.

"It's an honor to meet you, uh, sir." he added after the handshake.

ripleycat
2013-06-21, 11:03 AM
Timegirl
Cnd: Speechless

Rosario kept her head on a swivel as they marched through the impossibly large space station. This place was extraordinary. She listened as her new teammates made their introductions, some terse, some chatty (and catty). Apex in particular seemed familiar with the League already.

And then there he was. The boss. The hero whose simple presence had been enough to convince Rosario's parents that yes, she'd be "safe" on this Earth. The Big Blue Boy Scout. Superman himself. Timegirl's brain goes blank as she tries to form a coherent sentence. What comes out instead is a shrill squeak of awe.

"Eeeeeeee!"

As Talos shakes his hand without making a fool of himself, Timegirl hastily tries to follow suit. "W-what he said! It's an honor!"

shugyosha
2013-06-21, 12:22 PM
Wind Dragon

He tried not to look eager and keep his cool. The enthusiasm kept building as he shook everyones hands. A part of him worried that he might remember the other wind dragons and hold him accountable for them. When it came to his turn he says, "It's a real honor to be here, you've been an inspiration for all my life."

mistformsquirrl
2013-06-21, 03:55 PM
Iris happily shook Superman's hand, though trying to keep it cool.

Omigodomigodomigod Superman touched me! Why am I wearing these stupid gloves?!? she thinks to herself.

"I-It's an honor and a pleasure to meet you, sir." Iris couldn't really say much more than that without saying something ridiculous.

greenpotato
2013-06-21, 06:25 PM
Sable seer takes the proffered hand with a soft laugh and a wide smile. "Yeah, I think we all know who you are Superman. I'm the Sable Seer and its a pleasure to meet you."

Dienekes
2013-06-21, 08:58 PM
"Busy," Superman said to Apex. "Could use a bit more sleep between missions, but with this new team hopefully some of the pressure will be taken off the senior members."

"Thank you," he said as Talos honored him. "But I must say, I caught a couple of glimpses of your battles in the suburbs of Metropolis during the invasion. That was very brave of you."

Going next to Timegirl he looked befuddled by her squeal. "Are you alright, do you need anything?" he began to ask before being cut off by the young hero regaining the ability to speak in a complete sentence. "I'll be honest, you're the member I know the least about, but I'm certain you'll make us all proud."

"Thank you," he said again to Wind Dragon, before he put his arm on the man's shoulder and whispers so only he can hear. "Just so we're clear, I believe you're free from Cadmus' control. And if anyone gives you a hard time you can come to me. I'll do my best to sort everything out."

"The pleasure is all mine," the man of steel said to Iris. "I've often said, the bravest of all heroes are the ones who are driven to help out, despite not having any superpowers, you are the real heroes."

"Thank you Sable Seer. I've read about several of your cases, they're very impressive." Superman said with a smile as warm as her own.

With introductions concluded Superman stepped back so he could address the entire group. "Six months ago, Earth suffered through a terrible event. An invasion that we are still reeling from to this day. The fact that we have been so busy lately is the only excuse I have why each of you haven't been invited to the league months ago. But you are with us now, and that's the important thing.

Each of us, each of you, have been called here because within you there is a spark that wants to do right. That wants to help those who can't help themselves. This Justice League is meant to allow us to be more efficient, to be proactive, and to help the world as best we can. As part of our new organization, we've decided to split our recruits into specific groups that have trained together and know how to work with each other seamlessly. You will be Team Delta, a fast response team. Now I know you probably want to go out and show off what you can do. But the hero work is not about showing off. So for the next two weeks, you will be training with Hawkgirl to hone your skills and learn to work as a team." Superman raises his hand to preemptively silence any disagreements. "I know it doesn't sound like what you're expecting, but-" suddenly the monitor behind him starts to glow red.

"Oh, what now?" he says as he turns back again and sighs. "I have to take this, Hawkgirl, make sure they're ready."

"Of course, alright Delta you've taken up enough of the big man's time. Let's move out, we're showing you where you're rooms are then we're going straight to training."

Binks
2013-06-22, 12:36 AM
TALOS II nods and turns to follow Hawkgirl.

So we'll train as a team. Sounds like a solid plan...assuming we can work well together. I guess that's what this training will be for then. he thinks as he follows along.

BananaPhone
2013-06-22, 01:01 AM
Apex
Cnd: Jubilant

I get to beat up Hawkgirl for two weeks? Apex thought silently to herself, Well fate reaches down, pats me on the head and says Good Girl Qui-Xu!

"I have to go home first," she says as they're lead away, her tone diplomatic and calm, "I need to get some things if we're going to be throwing down later."

mistformsquirrl
2013-06-22, 01:13 AM
Iris nods to Superman, then to Hawkgirl.

I need to calm down, I'm so excited I could explode... she thinks.

greenpotato
2013-06-22, 01:16 AM
"Yes, I'm sure superman has many things to attend to. Lead the way Hawkgirl" the Sable Seer says.

So, I'm expected to live here as well? That could make things complicated. Well, I get to see what the others can do at least. She thinks to herself.

shugyosha
2013-06-22, 09:41 AM
Wind Dragon

His smile covers his face after Superman whispers him his ear. He felt safe. At Hawkgirl's behest he moves along to the living quarters section.

Dienekes
2013-06-23, 11:30 AM
In two hours time the team was all situated, they were shown their rooms. They were fairly small, dormlike in sparsity. They each had a single desk and chair, a small bed, a small closet, and a wastebin. As they walked Hawkgirl explained that these rooms were meant as a place to rest while on duty. They could decorate their room in any way they pleased. While there were a few heroes who decided to make the small rooms their permanent home it was far from the norm.

An hour later, the heroes were all situated and Apex had gathered her equipment and had rejoined the team.

Hawkgirl lead them to a large open room made from wall to ceiling from large rectangular grey tiles. "Here, is one of the training rooms. I know all of you can hold your own in a fight. But it takes training to work effectively as a group. That training starts now. Good luck." Smirking she turned and left the room and large steel automated doors closed behind her.

SIMULATION BEGINNING

Came a hollow robotic voice. When suddenly it appeared that you were no longer in a large empty room, but instead standing in the middle of a city street, civilians all moving about as though they had somewhere important to go.

Roll Initiative and Perception

Binks
2013-06-23, 11:50 AM
TALOS II nodded as the simulation began. This would be a good opportunity to learn how this team would perform. Looking around at the scenario with the suit's sensors he prepared for action.

Intiative: [roll0]

BananaPhone
2013-06-23, 12:36 PM
http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh483/tempestII/Ap2S_zps7fa97e21.jpg Apex

A completely transformed woman, Apex stood amongst the group in her Kryptonian armor - every recognisably human feature about her was hidden behind a steel grey, eyeless visage. A framed, alien symbol was displayed across her chest, it's meaning hidden in another language.

"Anyone here been in the military?"

The voice was distorted through her helmet - baritone, with only the slightest hints of femininity.

"I don't know what they're throwing at us, but crash course: utilise surroundings for cover and watch out for the person next to you."

BananaPhone
2013-06-23, 01:13 PM
ooc:

Initiative: [roll0]
/10char

mistformsquirrl
2013-06-23, 07:16 PM
Iris immediately began to try to assess the situation, grinning from ear to ear in the process... This is so awesome... she thought.

Perception: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

greenpotato
2013-06-23, 07:35 PM
[roll0] Initiative
[roll1] Perception

ripleycat
2013-06-23, 09:08 PM
Timegirl
Cond: Normal

"Been in the military? Um, no." Rosario shuffles forward, peering at the scene and double checking her high-tech gear, especially the device strapped to her wrist, the extraordinary Chrono-controller. "But I met Genghis Khan once. Does that count?"

Timegirl:
Perception: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

Big Al:
Perception: [roll2]
Initiative: [roll3]

BananaPhone
2013-06-23, 10:11 PM

Apex looked over her shoulder, or at least as far as both her helmet and neck-guard would allow her.

"...who? Did he stress team-work: the whole being greater than the sum of its cooperative parts?"

ooc:
Herp derp, forgot perception:
[roll0]

shugyosha
2013-06-23, 10:25 PM
Wind Dragon

"I do area control and range attacks with air," he says to everyone and immediately lifts off the ground. A small but stiff breeze surrounds him.

[roll0] init
[roll1] perception

Defenses:
Toughness: 10
Parry/Dodge: 12

Dienekes
2013-06-25, 01:34 PM
Initiative Order
The Grey Kestrel
Wind Dragon
Enemy
Apex
Time Girl
Big Al
Talos
Sable Seer

As the heroes talk, The Grey Kestral, Sable Seer, Big Al, and Wind Dragon see something green glowing bright over one of the buildings around 60 feet away. Before they have any time to shout a warning the green light overtakes them.

Enemy Attack: [roll0]
Enemy Damage: 13

Grey Kestrel, Timegirl, Big Al, Apex, and Talos are hit for full damage. Wind Dragon and Sable Seer are hit for half damage.

Binks
2013-06-25, 02:05 PM
Bruises: 1

I'm assuming for now that was a surprise round and we're at the top of initiative.

TALOS II turns towards the green light at the last second. Bracing himself for the hit he manages to withstand it with only some light damage to the armor.

greenpotato
2013-06-25, 07:54 PM
Toughness: [roll0]

BananaPhone
2013-06-25, 11:09 PM
Cnd: Unimpressed

"Hmm, what's everyone looking at?" Apex asked, turning to look in the direction the others were facing. Before she could, a green nebula seemed to over-take them, searing the flesh of those who couldn't withstand its searing pain.

Apex stood there looking about, before bringing her hands up and peering at them then back up at the source of this attack.

Inside her helmet, her HUD flashed with several indicators as to the terrain while a small representation of her body remained green, indicating that everything was A-Okay for her.

Completeley unphased by the attack, Apex peered around for its maker. "Ohhh you did not just shoot a snot blob at me!"

ooc:
This is just a reaction post, I'll post what she does when it's my turn to act.

mistformsquirrl
2013-06-26, 06:14 AM
Grey Kestrel is caught by the green light and flung backward, landing in a rough crouch. She stands, but is too disoriented to do much beyond look for the source of the attack.

That's a lot of power, how did I let myself get hit by something that dangerous?

shugyosha
2013-06-26, 06:47 AM
Wind Dragon

He deftly evades the burst of green energy. "Over there," he says and flies off towards the origin of the green ray. If he can determine the source of the energy attack he'll project a wind blast at it. If not he hopes to draw enemy fire away from his team mates.

Oh yeah Evasion 2. Attack missed.

How big is the training room (I'm trying to figure out how much air he has to play with).

ripleycat
2013-06-26, 08:52 AM
Timegirl
Cond: Bruised x1
(Al: Dazed, Bruised x1)

Big Al growls menacingly, which Rosario misinterprets as worry rather than alarm. "Hey, what is it, big guy? Don't worry, none of it's rea-" *Krakoom*

The pair are knocked to the pavement by the green burst. Al roars in pain, while Timegirl jumps woozily to her feet, having been shielded from the worst by her forcefield. "Ugh. Anyone get the license plate number on that bus that just hit us?"

Toughness Check, DC 28:
Timegirl: [roll0]

Big Al: [roll1]

Al takes a bruise and is Dazed, Timegirl just takes a bruise.

Dienekes
2013-06-27, 04:13 PM
Thanks to Wind Dragons flying toward the creature, everyone can see the green energy starting to rise from above a large building.

Wind dragon
As you fly upward your new angle allows you to see more clearly what you're dealing with. Your opponent is some sort of monster, a huge super-human with a skull for a head, wrapped in green flames. The Atomic Skull.

You can fly up and still have a standard action to attack.

shugyosha
2013-06-27, 05:00 PM
Wind Dragon

He saw their opponent and shouted, "ATOMIC SKULL!" The young hero was not convinced that he would be the only one. Instead of simply attacking him with a wind blast, he summons a vortex of wind to hold the villain.

He'll use his Maelstrom around the Atomic Skull. Shouldn't affect his teammates as the atomic skull is on a building and they are not. If it is possible he'll look for other dangers. [roll0] perception

Maelstrom:
Environment
Impede Move (-16 ranks)
Impede Visibility (-20 perception)
Impede Hearing (-20 perception)

Dienekes
2013-06-28, 12:20 AM
"Hey cut that out!" came the surprisingly whiny voice from the skull faced giant.

He turned his head wildly as though he was finding it hard to see. He raised a hand to cover the empty sockets that used to be his eyes, but after a few seconds of searching he finally glared directly at Wind Dragon.

"I said CUT THAT OUT!" The orb of green flame around his head burst forth directly at Wind Dragon

Ranged Attack: [roll0]
Damage 14

Also Wind Dragon does not see anything out of the ordinary.

BananaPhone
2013-06-30, 09:04 AM
Apex

Apex shifted her head to peer up at the emaciated menace that glittered about in the sky like an emerald disco ball.

"There he is..." she uttered quietly, her HUD flashing with an array of colors as a targeting sequence zoomed in to frame the Atomic Skull on the inside of her visor.

Abruptly, Apex shot off like a black bullet, her voluminous black cape billowing behind her as she rocketed across the sky to deliver a closed, gauntleted fist right into Atomic Skulls face.

Ooc:
Apex is taking extra effort so that she can aim and attack in one round. She has Improved Aim so she gets a +10 to hit with a close attack. She's also got Favored Environment: air, so she gets another +2 to hit, and with her base +8 to hit she's got a total of +20. She's taking -5 to that and adding it to her damage rank via Power Attack feat.

So: 1d20+15=29 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4111033/) im assuming 29 hits, so Atomic Skull has to take a toughness save, DC 34.

She's then using Fast Grab feat to get a free Grab action, so Atomic Skull has to take a strength check against DC 24, otherwise Apex has him grappled.

If she gets him grapple she'll then use Moveby action feat to allow her to move, so that she turns around and exposes a hindered and defenseless atomic skull to the group for them to curb stop him. Atomic Skull can resist this, but it'll be another DC 24 check, but this time with -5 to his roll due to Improved Grab feat.

Dienekes
2013-06-30, 10:06 AM
"OWWW! Come on!" Skull yelped as Apex punched his skeletal cheek, wrenching about from the hit Apex was unable to grab a hold on the atomic monster.

ripleycat
2013-06-30, 11:04 AM
Timegirl

Spotting the villain rising from the rooftop, Rosario touches her dinosaur buddy and presses a button on her wrist. She and Big Al vanish in an electric blue flash, reappearing milliseconds later on top of the building below the Atomic Skull. "Hey, boney! Why don't you take a second and slow down?" She raises up and fires a crackling blue-white beam at the villain. Timegirl grins madly. Her first superhero quip! "H-hey guys, how was that line? Too corny? Not enough? I'm open to criticism here."

Big Al doesn't share his companion's penchant for the rules of superheroics and terrible wordplay. He had been attacked, hurt, and now he saw the thing that had hurt him. The Allosaurus lets out an earsplitting roar, massive maw full of steak knife sized teeth open wide for the Atomic Skull to see what awaited him.

Timegirl: Move: Teleport (with Al) up to the building where the Atomic Skull flew up from.

Standard: Basic attack with Timestop affliction. [roll]1d20+13/roll] I fail at typing. Rolled properly in the OOC, result is 25. DC 18 Fortitude save for the Atomic Skull if it hits. Impaired/Immobile/Paralyzed.

Big Al: Roar menacingly. (Demoralize attempt with Intimidation, resisted by better of Insight or Will.) [roll0]

Dienekes
2013-06-30, 07:58 PM
"Oww! Wait? What?" Skull looks in confusion as the beam hits him. "What were you trying-" he began before Big Al roared at him.

"Ahhh! A dinosaur? Why is there a dinosaur?!" The large skull faced metahuman holds his hands up as though attempting to ward off an attack from the ferocious beast.

Talos is next.

Binks
2013-07-01, 10:31 AM
Shaking his head slightly TALOS II turns towards the rooftop on which everyone seems to have found their enemy. Quickly glancing over to confirm that Kestral is alright, he rockets straight up to a point a couple stories over the enemy in question.

With the whipping winds and clouds surrounding the target TALOS elects to utilize his suit's built-in radar. Quickly running the numbers to confirm that the howling winds shouldn't interfere with a half-second lighting bolt's travel, and that the building should be properly grounded for lightning strikes, he lines up and fires a bolt at the target.

Move: Fly straight up, around 20ft over the height of the maelstrom (I want a little elevation but don't want to get any closer, 60ft is good for me)
Standard: Laser Assisted Arc Lightning Strike on Skull. I assume no concealment penalty for using an Accurate: Radio sense to perceive him instead of visual?
Atk: [roll0]
Dmg: DC 26

Dienekes
2013-07-01, 08:57 PM
The Atomic Skull raises his arms to cover himself as a lightning bolt blasted him bringing him almost to his knees. "This-" he began to pant, "is not fair." There was almost a sob in his voice as he looked wildly about at all the superpowered opponents attacking him.

greenpotato
2013-07-01, 10:24 PM
With a muttered incantation and a brief glance at her spellbook the Sable seer adds another lightning bolt to the mix [roll0] to hit 11 damage

Dienekes
2013-07-02, 12:20 PM
Sable Seers bolt blasts past Atomic Skull harmlessly. Start at the top, we're doing block initiatives. Grey Kestrel and Wind Dragon are up.

mistformsquirrl
2013-07-02, 01:16 PM
Shaking off the earlier blow, Iris moves forward to engage the Atomic Skull. The flying opponent out of reach of her usual method leaves her no choice but to resort to her shock whip...

Using Shock Whip - please let me know in the OOC thread if I've done this attack roll wrong >< first time:

[roll0] That's Dex+Ranged, is that right?

Damage is 19? I think? >.<; It's a rank 4 power.

shugyosha
2013-07-02, 02:07 PM
Wind Dragon

"This is your last warning Skull. You are out number and out matched. Surrender now!" he yells as he drops the maelstrom.

With an outstretched arm he is ready for any aggressive action the green flaming villain might do.

Ready action, Wind Blast (perception damage DC 26). He will fire it if he sees anything but Skulls surrender.

Dienekes
2013-07-03, 12:55 PM
"I- ARGHHHH!" shouts the skull, his voice contorting into a dull robotic sound. "Free me!"

The room around you begins to contort and change, with various patches of static where the buildings were, ever shifting and re-arranging. Coming back in different shapes, or colors, distorted as though looking through a glass, and others simply disappearing completely.

Hey shugyosha, or well anyone, next time you ready an action just do the necessary die rolls then so it can be added in without waiting.

Dienekes
2013-07-06, 06:42 AM
Alright I think that's a long enough wait for Shugy to roll an attack

Atomic Skull howls, his whining normal voice combining in harmony with the robotic monotone. He spread his arms wide as green light erupted from his body.

You hear over the intercom Hawkgirl's voice shouting. "Get out of there, I don't know what's happening! Turn away! TURN AWAY!" But it was too late, the light reaches you and in your mind strange images are burned, various buildings from countless cities mismatching and patched. Static, people with a certain generic expression, and numerous villains each exquisitely detailed. Suddenly all you know is pain as the entire collection of images stored within the hard-light simulation computer are etched into your brain.

roll for Will Save

BananaPhone
2013-07-06, 07:20 AM
Ooc:
Terrible - 1d20+9=13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4118895/)

shugyosha
2013-07-06, 09:33 AM
Wind Dragon

He held his position in the air, but when things started to distort confusion set on his face. At first he thought it was a trick set by the simulation, then Hawkgirl's voice confirmed the worse.

[roll0] will save

Binks
2013-07-06, 12:44 PM
What? is all TALOS II can think before the energy reaches him and he grips his head from the pain.

Will: [roll0]

mistformsquirrl
2013-07-08, 02:22 PM
Iris tries to turn away from the light, and cover her eyes with her cape, but is too slow -

[roll0]

ripleycat
2013-07-08, 06:36 PM
Timegirl

"Uh oh. Hey! What's- Aaaaaah!" Timegirl clutches her head and tries futilely to push Al's head away from the warped vision of every image in the simulator flooding out at once.

Apologies for holding things up. Internet's been spotty. Should be back to normal this week. :smallredface:

Will rolls:
Rosario: [roll0]
Al: [roll1]

Dienekes
2013-07-09, 10:44 PM
The light clears and the images clear your mind. You return from the hardlight hologram to the empty metallic room. Almost immediately heroes and workers are at your sides, Hawkgirl among them. Stretchers are brought out and you are all carted to the emergency ward. People are shouting if you are ok, and hands press against you to check your pulses. Those in armor have their helmets taken off to try and perform any necessary rescue operations.

Apex and Sable Seer are unconscious, Talos, Kestrel, Grey Wind, and Al are stunned, while Time Girl is dazed.

Time Girl
Before the visions are ended you see three green lights arranged in a triangle pointed down, with the cold metallic voice still ringing in your ears though you were unable to make out what it was saying.

BananaPhone
2013-07-09, 11:00 PM
Apex
CND: Out of it

Apex lay there, brought low by an attack that bypassed her seemingly invincible body. In this state she mentally traveled to another place, back to Krypton, its fields, its wild-life, its culture...before the cataclysmic spiral and the faceless dead.

shugyosha
2013-07-09, 11:13 PM
Wind Dragon

Sitting he rests his arms on his knees. He turns to Hawkgirl, "What happened... and how'd we do?"

Binks
2013-07-10, 09:30 AM
TALOS II allows himself to be carted away as he is barely able to stand from the assault of images. "Did we win?" is all he asks as he struggles to maintain consciousness.

ripleycat
2013-07-10, 02:42 PM
Timegirl
Cond: Bruised + Dazed

"G-go with 'em, big guy. You'll be OK, they're h-here to help. Ugh..." Rosario pats Al on the side as the techs and heroes rush in. "We were winning before... um, whatever happened. Hey, did any of you catch what that voice said right at the end there? The creepy metallic one? It was all gibberish to me."

Dienekes
2013-07-11, 11:33 PM
"Don't worry about that now, it's not important. You did great," Hawkgirl said as she grabbed Wind Dragon's hand as she walked beside the stretchers bringing the injured to the emergency ward. Though you can tell from her eyes that she is worried and confused over what just happened.

"What?" she asks as she hears Timegirl. "What did you hear?"

Apex
"Get up soldier!" you hear a voice bark, seemingly all around you. Amidst your dreams the idyllic landscape of krypton turns in an instant to the barren flames of a warzone as the fortress of Jax-Ur looms before you.

Hands all around you, seem to lift you up. But as your body twists back upright all you can see is Zod. Your general, shouting orders and pointing at the enemy forces.

OOC: Hope you don't mind, just a mini-dream scenario to give you something to do.

BananaPhone
2013-07-11, 11:57 PM
Dreaming...

Qxi-Xu blinked beneath her helmet to flutter away the motes of light that clouded her vision. Flames chewed at the horizon while the fortress of the hated traitor dominated the landscape.

"Yes sir!" she responded to General Zod, shouldering her rifle as the scattered platoon fell in behind her for the push into the sprawling facility.

~~~

The scent of ozone clogged the air as doors were thrown open, flash-bangs detonated within waiting squads of soldiers and black-armored figures breached rooms to gun down everyone inside.

Her helmet HUD flashing with an array of colors and targeting notions, Qxi-Xu panted within her armor as her trigger finger ached from its use, her field of vision cluttered by boxes, crates, steel-concrete walls, the shadowy figures of enemies that she shot at through the haze of smoke and the sounds of energy rifles intertwining with the howls of the dying that sliced into her helmet.

The armor that she wore carried the scorch-marks of several grazing hits, while her arms, mid-section and right thigh each displayed a streak of red that peeked through the sliced fabric of her out-fit.

shugyosha
2013-07-11, 11:59 PM
Wind Dragon

He is wobbly when he stands. Taking a second to get his balance he slow moves to Timegirl rubbing his head along the way. "You have an idea of what happened?"

mistformsquirrl
2013-07-12, 02:58 PM
Iris shakes her head repeatedly, clearly trying to break through the mental static, but not having much success.

ripleycat
2013-07-12, 04:29 PM
Timegirl

"I-I don't know. Huh. You guys didn't hear it? I mean, I was just curious, I thought it was part of all the crazy images and stuff. Did you guys see the three green lights in a triangle right at the end? It was during that. A voice, cold, uh, metallic, like I said, creepy, but I couldn't understand the words." Rosario gave Hawkgirl a nervous smile. "Why?"

Dienekes
2013-07-13, 09:40 PM
Hawkgirl listened intently as Timegirl explained what she saw. "I didn't see any of that, all I saw on the monitor was static then I cut the power as quickly as I could." She explained as they finally made it to the recovery rooms. "Alright, you'll need to stay here for observation. Hold on, I need someone who understands this stuff." She reaches for her ear. "Atom, get to the recovery room, now."

The medical personnel start hovering around each of you. One tall blond man directs them. "Hawkgirl, please step back from the patients. As always I have to remind you, your wings take up a lot of room." Respirators are placed upon Apex and Sable Seer, while the rest of you are hooked up to heart monitors and IVs.

Apex
The enemy soldiers appear in their darkened armor, but in your dreamlike state they seem more monsters than krpytonian. Howls and fire rage around you as friends and allies scream and drop.

As your squad enters the facility you are greeted by darkness, and doors. Doors upon doors rushing past in a wave. Within each door you hear shouts and seem to remember more than experience the horrors that lurked within each one.

Finally you see one final door looming larger than all the others. Jax-Ur's chambers.

BananaPhone
2013-07-13, 10:05 PM
Dreaming...

Qxi-Xu panted heavily beneath her helmet as sweat clung to her skin and flattened her hair against her scalp. Gripping what seemed like a weapon in her hands, she shot a look around her as she searched for any other life-form that might be with her...but only the gloom was there to keep her company.

Turning to the frontal portal of the traitor Jax-Ur's inner sanctum, the Kryptonian pursed her lips and narrowed her eyes: she'd have to do this herself. Reaching forward, she pushed them open and stepped through...

shugyosha
2013-07-14, 12:11 AM
Wind Dragon

"You say you don't remember what was said, but do you remember the voice, what it sounded like. We could use the League's data base and run some voices of some likely meta humans."

Binks
2013-07-14, 11:57 AM
"All I heard was static. Couldn't make anything out of it." TALOS II says as he follows the doctor's instructions.

Dienekes
2013-07-16, 03:29 PM
"That is a clever idea," says a man dressed in blue as the doors swing open. "I would have thought of that myself if I was fully briefed on the situation."

He pulls out a weird device and starts scanning each of you. "Nope, hmm. Not that either. Well, huh?" After a few minutes he puts the device away. "There does not appear to be anything physically wrong with you other than the normal scrapes and bruises from using the hard-light simulators. And there appears to be no conscious or sub-conscious residual electro-fluctuation. Meaning that those two should come out of this as though they had received a light cranial trauma or photo and phonophobia."

"They'll have a headache," the doctor translated looking annoyed at Atom.

"Let's try Wind Dragon's idea out, shall we? Please follow me... Timegirl, is it?"

ripleycat
2013-07-16, 05:23 PM
Timegirl

Timegirl nods rapidly and gets to her feet, a little starstruck at meeting yet another of the League's leading lights, and now genuinely concerned about the situation she found herself in.

"Oh good, so they're going to be all right? Oh! Yes, that's correct sir, Timegirl, or uh, I guess just Rosario if you don't think the codename thing is important." She pauses and looks around awkwardly before making to follow Atom. "I'll be happy to try and identify it, sure, lead the way. But um, why the fuss? Is this important somehow? Is it because nobody else saw or heard it? I mean, I thought it was just more corrupted images from the simulator going haywire."

shugyosha
2013-07-16, 10:20 PM
Wind Dragon

He tried his best not to smile that this idea was found credible. WInd Dragon followed the others out and offered, "Maybe we should start with people with known time powers and speedsters."

Dienekes
2013-07-18, 03:05 PM
"Ahh, I suppose you haven't been told the whole story. The training room was not the only thing that was targeted," Atom said as he lead the conscious members of the team to a separate conference room. "We haven't been able to pinpoint the exact location of where it came from. Maybe if Mr Terrific was here but... no. Sorry. Anyway the electo-magnetic pulse hit the entire Watchtower, but only seemed to effect the most complex technological devices and speakers. My belt for instance, the teleportation stations, and of course the hard-light simulation room were all effected. My assumption is that whatever sent that pulse was trying to communicate with us and searching for the devices by which it could reveal itself. The intercom was filled with only static, however more clear and complex messages might have gone through the simulator." The Atom finally paused for a breath, as they sat down in the conference room. "So, Timegirl, do you think you can identify the voice?"

Timegirl: Roll Perception

Apex
She remembers the room vividly. She sees Jax-Ur standing alone behind a large desk. Leering at her, his mechanical eye seeming to look straight through her. She tried to avoid looking at what was on the desk. She knew it was terrible. The mere implication too horrible to think about.

"Stop!" Jax-Ur yelled. "You can't fight me, you can't beat me. I'm the only one who can undo what I've accomplished. Unless the council relinquishes its power to me, Kandor will forever be as it is."

He stood so most of his body was covered by the large glass bottle on the desk. With Kandor, the Jewel of Krypton, and it's billions of people acting as a shield between him and the soldiers sent to stop him.

BananaPhone
2013-07-18, 03:38 PM
Dreaming

Qxi-Zu entered slowly, her eyes drifting back and forth across the room as she felt her knuckles tighten with her grip around her rifle.

Inside her helmet the woman gritted her teeth and grimaced her jaw, resisting every urge to take the first head-shot she could.

"So this is your plan, huh?" she asked the mad tyrant. Her voice deepened through the filters of her helmet.

"What if they say no? Are you going to place the whole of Krypton in a bottle?"

ripleycat
2013-07-20, 04:08 PM
Timegirl

"Let's give it a shot!" Rosario perks up at the chance to help the League with what sounded like an honest to goodness supervillain attack, or maybe a call for help from some advanced alien? Or an AI?

Man, and this is just the first day.

As requested: Perception: [roll0]

Dienekes
2013-07-21, 12:25 PM
Unfortunately after listening through every voice on file, Timegirl could not find a match. The voice from the training rooms was just too distorted.

"Well, maybe it isn't here after all," the Atom sighed. "Well I shouldn't be surprised it didn't work, after all it wasn't my idea." He stretched as he stood up, "Ahh well, back to the sensors maybe I can find something out there."

OOC
To check to find the origin of the pulse using the Watchtowers sensors is a Technology check. Anyone who wants to try can have a go.

Apex
"As if they would dare to say 'no'!" the mad scientist scoffed. "Once your paltry squad is defeated they will never risk all these lives."

You see it, you remember it. The maniac raising his hand and pointing his laser directly at you. Smirking in triumph and the reassurance that you would never risk the destruction of Kandor.

BananaPhone
2013-07-21, 03:58 PM
Dreaming...

Qxi-Xu grimmaced her jaw as she listened to that psychopath rant on.

Looking at the bottled shield before him, a knot twisted itself into existence inside her stomach at the ultimatum that yawned before her, threatening to pull her into a world of the ends justifying the means.

Glancing back up at Jax-Ur, she spoke "A million lives, or several billion? Not a hard equation buddy."

With that, she started forward. The conditions were not ripe to aim down her rifle, so instead she threw it while on the move, aiming the weapon for the scientists head to at least make him duck.

Charging forward and around his desk like a determined rugby player, Qxi-Xu surged at the mad scientist, shoulder first into his stomach to slam him brutally against the wall behind him...

Binks
2013-07-22, 09:03 AM
TALOS II, once cleared by the medics, heads off to look into the watchtowers sensor logs to try and see if he can locate where the signal came from.

Technology Check: [roll0]

Dienekes
2013-07-23, 10:53 AM
Apex and Sable Seer
"They seem to be coming out of it now," Sable Seer and Apex hear as their eyes flicker open. "You two gave us quite a startle there," says a smirking doctor. "How are you feeling?"

Talos
The sensors seem to indicate that the pulse came from Metropolis. Maybe getting closer to the source can allow for more accurate readings.

Binks
2013-07-23, 11:03 AM
"Huh." James says with some surprise as he completes his analysis on the sensor logs and rejoins the others investigating the matter. "Looks like the data pulse came from somewhere in Metropolis. Should we go investigate the area, see what we can turn up?" he adds, obviously at ease with the idea of heading back towards his relative 'home turf', and even more obviously interested in the pulse and its nature.

shugyosha
2013-07-25, 10:12 AM
Wind Dragon

"Yes, let's go and investigate," he says enthusiastically.

BananaPhone
2013-07-25, 11:21 AM
Apex, sits up sharply, her shoulders panting and beads of cold sweat staining her hair.

Swallowing hard, she gently brushed away the invasive gestures if the doctors, "Im fine, really," she said in a mostly neutral tone. "what the hell happened?"

Dienekes
2013-08-01, 11:41 AM
"Well, here's what I overheard..." began the doctor as he relayed the events to Apex.

In a half hour the team was standing on the teleporter with Atom. "I hope Hawkgirl doesn't mind if I borrow her team," the senior superhero mumbled to himself as he fiddled with the the two devices in his hand. "These are my scanners, I think we can use them to track the source of the signal once we get down to Metropolis." He cleared his throat. "Alright, we're ready!" he called out as there was a flash and the team rematerialized in downtown Metropolis.

"Here, take this one," Atom said passing the second scanner to Talos. "Maybe you'll get lucky."

All around you, you notice the electronic billboards that normally shift with bright colors to draw the attention for whatever product they're selling have gone completely black, as have several televisions in a nearby electronic store. Several civilians were gazing awkwardly at the blank screens. Beyond that it appears no damage was dealt to the city recently.

OCC
To use the scanner is an electronics check.

Binks
2013-08-01, 11:56 AM
TALOS takes the scanner from Atom with a nod. Looking around at the blanked screens he ponders the possible explanations as he activates the scanner.

Question - Are the lights in the buildings still on, or is everything electronic down? Follow up question, is anyone using a cell phone in line of sight.

Is there some kind of check I can do to get more information on why the screens are blank? Pure intelligence check maybe?

Assume you meant technology instead of electronics.
Technology check to use scanner: [roll0]

Dienekes
2013-08-01, 12:19 PM
OOC
You will have to go get a closer look at one, but that would be a technology or investigation check.

shugyosha
2013-08-01, 01:07 PM
Wind Dragon

Taking a look at his wrist top computer he begins to tap into the local news feed to check on what is going on with the power grid or any other possible disturbances.

his wrist top is essentially his smartphone
[roll0] investigate

BananaPhone
2013-08-01, 01:17 PM

Standing in the street, Apex looked around at the various black screens and dim bulbs that seemed to have replace the usual neon revelry of the city.

Not exactly a tech expert person, the last time she had seen something like this was when her television had blown a fuse. She knew that human technology was rather...primitive...but it shouldn't all just spontaneously fail at the same time.

"Human technology is pretty backwards," Apex said out-loud to any of her team-mates that would listen, "but what would cause this on a mass scale?"

Dienekes
2013-08-03, 07:51 AM
Talos
The scanner reads that the source of the pulse is north toward the very center of the city.

Wind Dragon
On your wrist computer, there is static for half a second before you can use it. You find a lot of information flooding the internet about the electronic disturbances but mostly complaints and confusion. Little in the way of useable information.

Dienekes
2013-08-05, 11:10 PM
"I don't know," mumbled the Atom as he finally looked up from his scanner.

"But I think I found the source of the pulse. It's north of us." He headed down the streets of Metropolis. It was astounding how people got back to their daily lives. In only a few months after the Darkseid invasion people were still back to their routines. The only difference was the loss of several buildings and more than a few construction sites patching up the destruction.

After an hour of walking, it became increasingly clear where the signal was pointing the team towards; LexCorp Tower.

shugyosha
2013-08-05, 11:38 PM
Wind Dragon

He frowns at this wrist top, "It seems this disturbance is at least city wide."

Once they got to their center of the effect he asks the Atom, "So how do you want to do this? We can look for an external emitter or we can go inside the building."

Sorry I thought I posted earlier.

Binks
2013-08-06, 10:38 AM
"I can do an exterior sweep with the scanner to locate any likely external antenna if you'd like." TALOS offers, prepping his engines as he waits for the more experienced scientist's orders.

If needed, Tech to scan: [roll0]

Dienekes
2013-08-06, 11:17 PM
"Well, since Mercy Graves took over LexCorp there have not been any direct problems between her and the league. But let's not ruffle any feathers we don't have to. Let's check for an external emitter first."

BananaPhone
2013-08-06, 11:34 PM
Apex looked around the city, chewing on the inside of her lip. All this techno-babble was somewhat over her head...if only she'd paid more attention in science class.

Looking over at Atom, "Anything you need?" she asked through her voice filter.

shugyosha
2013-08-07, 10:13 AM
Wind Dragon

"Okay, I'll take the north side of the building," he says then takes off, looking for anything that might be out of the ordinary.

[roll0] perception

Binks
2013-08-07, 11:50 AM
TALOS takes off to sweep the other side of the building, paying attention to the scanner to locate the antenna.

Above tech roll, 36

Dienekes
2013-08-08, 10:48 PM
"If you could fly me to the top of the building that would be great," Atom says as he waves the scanner around. "I can't fly."

Talos
It becomes clear that the higher up you get the weaker the signal is. It is not coming from outside the building.

Wind Dragon
You do not see any antenna from your location.'

Everyone make a Perception check.

BananaPhone
2013-08-08, 11:16 PM
Reaching out, Apex hooked her hands underneath Atoms arms and took off. Her black cape billowed in the wind as she sailed up into the air and curved her trajectory in a graceful arch to land atop the building Atom had designated.

ooc:
Perception: 1d20+9=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4167439/)

Dienekes
2013-08-11, 11:48 AM
While in the air around the tower Wind Dragon and Apex both notice a commotion near the ground, a bright yellow light and a group of costumed individuals.

shugyosha
2013-08-12, 10:07 PM
Wind Dragon

He moves in from above to get a closer look. Wary that costumed individuals usually meant superpowers he shifts his body to the air currents.

Insubstantial: Air

Binks
2013-08-12, 10:11 PM
TALOS heads in for a landing near the crowd, having confirmed that the signal is coming from somewhere within the building.