PDA

View Full Version : Spelljammer- Ship construction

Yaitanos
2013-06-19, 05:50 AM
So, been reading through the ship construction rules for Spelljammer. I get the majority of it. Pretty straight forward and all that. But I don't get how to determine cargo. From what I can see I'm guessing it's left over tonnage after determining facilities and all that. I also get the rules for increasing cargo space after it's been determined, so no need to touch on that.

Mutazoia
2013-06-19, 10:02 AM
So, been reading through the ship construction rules for Spelljammer. I get the majority of it. Pretty straight forward and all that. But I don't get how to determine cargo. From what I can see I'm guessing it's left over tonnage after determining facilities and all that. I also get the rules for increasing cargo space after it's been determined, so no need to touch on that.

Basically when desigining your ship you add 1 ton to your ship for every 1 ton of cargo you wish to carry. This is basically cost free since your just making a bunch of empty space in your ship. Somebody did a pretty good 3e Spelljammer ship construction (http://lost.spelljammer.org/TBLIV/lsccs3e/3eShipConstruction.pdf) update that covers cost for internal space including cargo. Since its all about cost it should scale back to 2e pretty easily.

Lord Torath
2013-06-19, 10:42 AM
Huh. I love Spelljammer, but I've got to admit the Ship Construction rules are a mess. I believe nearly all the original ships had cargo equal to half their tonnage.
Runecarver (http://home.earthlink.net/~duanevp/index.htm) has a whole bunch of spelljammer stuff. He explores a lot of the issues. I'd recommend giving it a look.

The ship construction rules posted above are probably a good resource also.

Best of luck!

Edit: You also might try the Spelljammer forums at The Piazza (http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/index.php). Big Mac and Night Druid (among others) are really helpful.

Yaitanos
2013-06-26, 12:44 AM
Well that forum looks promising, but they won't activate my account for some reason. Also, does anyone know what book the helm augmentations are?

Ashtagon
2013-06-26, 02:50 AM
Well that forum looks promising, but they won't activate my account for some reason. Also, does anyone know what book the helm augmentations are?

PM me with the username you chose, and I'll see what I can do to get it activated.

Ashtagon
2013-06-26, 11:25 AM

Okay, I think I just activated your account there now :smallsmile:

Yaitanos
2013-06-28, 04:46 AM
Okay, I think I just activated your account there now :smallsmile:

Awesome! Thanks a ton!