PDA

View Full Version : Construct gish build

Yogibear41
2013-06-19, 11:45 AM
So still waiting on DM approval for using this homebrew class/base race but have already worked out a build I would like to use for a force golem gish, using a homebrewed version of the race I found on brilliant gameologists. so anyway here goes in the order they are listed up to level 20:

2 Racial hit die
1 Sorcerer
2 Racial hit die
1 Battle Dancer
1 Sorcerer
1 Dragon Slayer
5 Abjurant Champion
1 Spell Sword
6 Eldritch Knight

This build gives me 18 BAB and 14th level casting. Before Dragon Slayer I will have to pick up dodge and iron will as prereq feats, and before abjurant champion I need to pick up combat casting, but other than that the prestige classes pretty much take care of the later prestige classes requirements.

Note: the racial hit die give me no weapons/armor proficiencies other than being proficient with my natural slam attacks.

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=9557.340 link to the page with the Force Golem Homebrew class for reference, I will be choosing to boost Charisma over Int.

Is their anything I could do differently class wise to improve this build?

lord_khaine
2013-06-19, 12:01 PM
That really looks it would leave you with allmost no HP, and make you easy pray to the first bruiser you get into melee combat with.

I would seriously considder going psion instead of sorcerer, for among other things the chance to buff yourself with Vigor.

Yogibear41
2013-06-19, 12:38 PM
racials, abjurant champion, and dragon slayer are d10s, spellsword and battle dancer are d8s, eldritch knight is d6. I have no con score, but I gain 30 health just for being a large construct, in addition the class gives a bonus on health for each hit die based on the number of hit die, so basically every 5 levels I believe I effectively get a +2 to con as far as hit dice are concerned, and I will probably take improved toughness as my fighter bonus feat I get from eldritch knight. Not to mention I will have dr/adamatine = to 1/2 my hit dice.

My ac will also be fairly high as I get my str bonus to natural armor, and my charisma bonus to a deflection bonus and then again as a monk like bonus from battle dancer. I also plan to use mage armor and shield spells. This guy is going to definently be a front line kinda of guy.