PDA

View Full Version : A problem of Prestige

Annos
2013-06-19, 05:11 PM
I was wondering if advancing a 10 level prestige class that grants divine casting's divine casting above the capstone level is possible. because I'm making a character that's going to be a divine avenger (not the kind that wears suits and wield hammers and yell "Avengers assemble!") and the only class that I have found that even vaguely resembles this idea is the 10 level prestige class "Divine Crusader" and I want him "for fluff reasons" to take 10 full levels in "singer of concordance". If you have an answer or suggestion please post it.

Wings of Peace
2013-06-19, 05:32 PM
I was wondering if advancing a 10 level prestige class that grants divine casting's divine casting above the capstone level is possible. because I'm making a character that's going to be a divine avenger (not the kind that wears suits and wield hammers and yell "Avengers assemble!") and the only class that I have found that even vaguely resembles this idea is the 10 level prestige class "Divine Crusader" and I want him "for fluff reasons" to take 10 full levels in "singer of concordance". If you have an answer or suggestion please post it.

The Epic Level Handbook has rules for this but they're only for characters going on level 21 or higher. You could easily show them to your dm and ask to use them as a model for your own purposes though.

Annos
2013-06-19, 05:58 PM
I'm now mostly looking for a class, though I probably will settle for cleric.
Or just suck it up and take the dead level like a man...:smallcool:

Wings of Peace
2013-06-19, 06:03 PM
If you want to get sneaky you could use Legacy Champion.

Annos
2013-06-19, 06:05 PM
If you want to get sneaky you could use Legacy Champion.

Please explane. :smallconfused:

Wings of Peace
2013-06-19, 06:07 PM
Please explane. :smallconfused:

Legacy Champion except for one or two levels advances all the level dependant abilities of another class or prestige class. By applying it to your prestige class you wouldn't gain new abilities but if it's a 10/10 casting class your CL should go up and all prc abilities dependent on how many levels you have in the prestige class should get stronger.

Any playgrounders want to confirm that summary? I'm afb right now.

BowStreetRunner
2013-06-19, 06:09 PM
By RAW, a 10 level prestige class cannot be advanced beyond level 10 by any means until after 20th level. (ELH p.5)