PDA

View Full Version : pathfinder anything allowed

soject
2013-06-19, 10:11 PM
so my DMs alternate sometimes, well this1 is allowing anything from pathfinder and or forgotten realm i was just wondering what would be (DM scratches his head u do waht and how much damage) class i was thinking a gunslinger ( o we will be lvl 18) twp revolvers but not sure yet any input be great

Gildedragon
2013-06-19, 10:16 PM
What sort of role ya want to fill? Is 3.5 stuff in general allowed? If so I really would recommend a factotum if you wanna do skill-things. See if you are allowed a rogue trick at level 6 (a dead level) and pick the kirin style feats. They are grrrreat.
fighting with pistols is still possible and pretty cool. Indiana Jones the hell out of it.

Snowbluff
2013-06-19, 10:17 PM
TWF Pistolero can give some insane damage. Rapid Shot, Clustered Shoted, Signature Deed (The touch attack Deed and Up Close and Deadly) will tear up just about anything. Reloading is important, so make sure to grab and extra arm (Alchemist) or weapons cords and cut the reload down to a free action.

soject
2013-06-19, 10:20 PM
from what i was told only forgotten realms and patherfinder books alloweed but ANYTHING from them is allowed

grarrrg
2013-06-19, 10:33 PM
TWF Pistolero can give some insane damage. Rapid Shot, Clustered Shoted, Signature Deed (The touch attack Deed and Up Close and Deadly) will tear up just about anything. Reloading is important, so make sure to grab and extra arm (Alchemist) or weapons cords and cut the reload down to a free action.

Nice, but no.
Gundolon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12152413#post12152413)
[/thread]

Snowbluff
2013-06-19, 11:02 PM
Nice, but no.
Gundolon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12152413#post12152413)
[/thread]

Well, I was going to suggest summoner, but I was guessing he wanted

Also, your build doesn't have Clustered Shots, which make slicing through DR a non-issue. My use of Dead-Eye potentially gets around the limitations of the Early Firearm rules and let you use Deadly, which you should have regardless.

Also, being a Half-Elf would have more evolution points. This would let you have Arms. Additionally, starting with a Biped Form would give you 2 more arms for free. More attacks means more damage, which is a no-brainer.

grarrrg
2013-06-19, 11:39 PM
Also, your build doesn't have Clustered Shots, which make slicing through DR a non-issue.

Then replace a feat.
Leaping Shot Deed is just there for flavor anyway (really awesome flavor mind you, but flavor).

Also, being a Half-Elf would have more evolution points.

Half-Elf is good too.
Going Halfling lets us take a Small Eidolon for the extra +2 DEX.
Half-Elf Synthesist for 12-ish levels is 3 Evolution points, of which we could spend 2 of that on +2 DEX.

Either one is fine. Halfling was used, based on the assumption of a low Point-Buy of 15 (combined with having to qualify for ALL feats in non-Eidolon form).

Additionally, starting with a Biped Form would give you 2 more arms for free. More attacks means more damage, which is a no-brainer.

Biped is a bad choice for Gundolon.
Biped starts with 2 Arms and 12 DEX.
Serpentine starts with no Arms and 16 DEX.
2 Arms cost 2 Evo points, and you can take them as many times as you want.
+2 DEX also costs 2 Evo points, but you can only take it once for every 6 levels (plus 1).

End result is that the Serpentine is up 2 Evo points on the Biped, with more options for just how you want to upgrade it.

Snowbluff
2013-06-19, 11:50 PM
Then replace a feat.
Leaping Shot Deed is just there for flavor anyway (really awesome flavor mind you, but flavor).
You don't have Signature Deed: Up Close and Deadly either, which is about 7 extra damage.

Biped is a bad choice for Gundolon.
Biped starts with 2 Arms and 12 DEX.
Serpentine starts with no Arms and 16 DEX.
2 Arms cost 2 Evo points, and you can take them as many times as you want.
+2 DEX also costs 2 Evo points, but you can only take it once for every 6 levels (plus 1).

End result is that the Serpentine is up 2 Evo points on the Biped, with more options for just how you want to upgrade it.
Incorrect. You should be spending the evo on the Dex either way. You can live without the 2 Attack/Damage quite easily. The actually same result, using the same expenditures, is that the biped has 2 more attacks attack but 2 less attack and damage using style that utilized touch attacks. Sunk costs, mate.

The bipeds saves are better as well. Reflex isn't really good. You also kind of failed at /threading the thread, but I'll let it slide. Dialectic, etc.

grarrrg
2013-06-20, 12:20 AM
You don't have Signature Deed: Up Close and Deadly either, which is about 7 extra damage.
Signature Deed can't be taken until Gunslinger 11, which is not really feasible in a Gundolon build.
It would be nice, but not really needed considering the sheer number of attacks a Gundolon can have.
Besides, it's still getting DEX and CHA to damage.

Incorrect. You should be spending the evo on the Dex either way. You can live without the 2 Attack/Damage quite easily. The actually same result, using the same expenditures, is that the biped has 2 more attacks attack but 2 less attack and damage using style that utilized touch attacks. Sunk costs, mate.

Using Non-light weapons, even with Multi-weapon fighting, incurs a -4 penalty to-hit (unless you can sweet talk your DM otherwise). Combine that with the -5 (or so) from Deadly Aim, and that's a -9 penalty to-hit.
Touch attack or not, that's a sizable penalty.

Another potential consideration is cost.
(almost) Every hand needs a Pistol.
Every Pistol should at least be a +1.
Alchemical cartridges are a necessity (and considering the rate you can go through them...).
Yes, level 18+ WBL is fairly high, but there are limits.

The bipeds saves are better as well. Reflex isn't really good.
Synthesists use their own Saves, not those of the Eidolon.

And the build (obviously) doesn't have to be used 'as-is'.

To tell the truth, the primary focus of the build was "just how ridiculously can I abuse Leaping Shot Deed (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/leaping-shot-deed-grit)?"
Optimizing damage output was secondary.
Optimizing leaping through the air guns a blazing was main focus.

Other key points of ridiculousness:
Using a Small Eidolon? Generally a bad choice.
Using a Serpentine Eidolon? Generally a bad choice.
Multi-classing Summoner? Generally a VERY bad choice (Synthesist gets a little more leeway, but usually not to Gundolon kind of levels).

Snowbluff
2013-06-20, 12:24 AM
Yeah, if given the option and or ability, a runestaff to cast Greater Magic Weapon on the all of the guns would be preferred to cut expenses. I will be changing my summoner build in a game I'll be playing to make a mini-Hecatoneir now, for the silliness of it.

If it was made for a specific option rather than in general, why did it have to /thread my suggestion?

grarrrg
2013-06-20, 12:26 AM
You also kind of failed at /threading the thread, but I'll let it slide. Dialectic, etc.

If it was made for a specific option rather than in general, why did it have to /thread my suggestion?

He wanted build ideas.
He might go with a Gundolon type build. If so, I still have a chance of /threading the thread. :P

Besides, an "anything goes" game is just about the only type of game where a Gundolon WON'T get books thrown at you.

Snowbluff
2013-06-20, 12:27 AM
Besides, an "anything goes" game is just about the only type of game where a Gundolon WON'T get books thrown at you.

Indeed. Godspeed, silly many-armed halfling. /salute.

grarrrg
2013-06-20, 12:33 AM
Indeed. Godspeed, silly many-armed halfling. /salute.

/salute
NINJA TEXT! 10 character minimum!

soject
2013-06-22, 12:10 PM
see i dont want anything to complicated because this just a one shot character, i have talked to my dm a little more and he said that if there is a prestiage class from forgotten realm we can try to make it work with pathfinder . so far im looking a noble drow (lol) with the extra limb temp. and peerless archer from silver march pg 114 i have 18 lvls to play with so i realy haven't made up my mind

Snowbluff
2013-06-22, 12:14 PM
Here is a good source of gunslinger information. (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2p9ns?Kill-anything-Gunslinger-This-cant-be-right)