PDA

View Full Version : Ways to play an evil character?

Drizzcon
2013-06-20, 02:59 AM
Going to be starting an evil campaign and I will be playing the wizard. Our party is all going to be tied together based on mutual need. But I'm not sure how to play my character in rp situations. I don't want to take it super seriously because things can get really creepy and weird at that point, but I don't want to be like a stupid comic book villain. So I'm looking for some ideas and suggestions on how an evil wizard could be played rp wise avoiding the aforementioned issues.

Komatik
2013-06-20, 03:02 AM
Just ask "What's in it for you?"

No reason to slaughter random people because lolz evulz. But it isn't necessarily particularily beneficial to stop the orphanage (not lit by yourself) from burning. Oh, you might do it if it's still easy. If not, meh, their problem.

Rhynn
2013-06-20, 03:03 AM
NB: This is probably an accidental duplicate of this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288743) thread. Probably better not to respond into this one so the mods can just remove it rather than having to merge them (and remove the OP and this post).

tadkins
2013-06-20, 03:06 AM
Play as a wizard who is willing to go to any lengths to get what they want. Disregard morals, use fear/bully tactics, regularly use evil spells and if possible, prolong the suffering of your enemies.

Definitely be smart about it, though. You might be evil but you're a wizard, the brainiac of the group! Don't be afraid to be discreet, reserved and subtle when the situation calls for it.

Rhynn
2013-06-20, 03:12 AM
Really? :smallsigh: