PDA

View Full Version : 3.0/3.5 Does This Ring a Bell?

Rubik
2013-06-20, 03:39 AM
I could swear I've seen this before, but I can't remember for the life of me where.

There's a ring that acts as a weapon. It only deals 1 point of damage (or adds +1 piercing damage to an unarmed strike, I don't recall), and its main use is as a poison delivery system. It's not the fanged ring -- it counts as a light melee weapon on its own merits.

Can anyone help me with this?

Rhynn
2013-06-20, 03:45 AM
Did you check Song and Silence and Sword and Fist? (And, of course, the 3.5 counterparts: Complete Warrior and Complete Scoundrel.) Also, Oriental Adventures.

I'm not seeing it on a quick look through S&S, but that doesn't mean much.

olentu
2013-06-20, 03:46 AM
The poison ring from dragon magazine is all that comes to mind at the moment. I believe it was one of the weapons that also appeared in the dragon magazine compendium.

Rubik
2013-06-20, 03:52 AM
The poison ring from dragon magazine is all that comes to mind at the moment. I believe it was one of the weapons that also appeared in the dragon magazine compendium.The poison ring, from Dragon Compendium. This looks about like what I was looking for, though I'm pretty sure the version I saw added a point of damage to unarmed strikes as well.

GilesTheCleric
2013-06-20, 04:05 AM
The Fanged Ring from DM deals one point of con on an unarmed crit.

Edit: Totally didn't finish reading the OP. I'm going to check AaEG - I think one might be in there.

Edit: something like a nekode, tiger claw, steel fins, finger blades, or similar might be useful, but probably isn't what you're looking for. There's a glass-cutting ring in DR 316 p41.

I'm betting there might be one in CS.

Edit: Nothing in CS, and the Magic Fang ring from AaEG isn't it.

Eldan
2013-06-20, 04:19 AM
I know what you mean. I remember this thing. And I've never read the Dragon compendium. Sadly, I can't remember where it was.

TypoNinja
2013-06-20, 04:30 AM
If its not in CS or A&EG, I'd have to guess its in an evil book.

If its designed to be a poison delivery system and poison use is Evil in D&D, its probably is one of the more sinister themed publications, like the BoVD, or maybe a Drow book. This really seems like something Drow would enjoy to me.

It could be squirreled away somewhere odd, as a tool for subterfuge rather than in some weapons table.

GilesTheCleric
2013-06-20, 04:31 AM
I think you're looking for the Ring of Might, from MoF. You count as armed, and do 1d8.

Edit: Re above: it's not in Und, I looked there.

Edit: BoVD has the Master Ring, which does damage to those who have Slave Rings. The Vile Weapon Ring does 1 vile damage with melee attacks, but you don't count as armed.

TypoNinja
2013-06-20, 04:48 AM
I think you're looking for the Ring of Might, from MoF. You count as armed, and do 1d8.

Edit: Re above: it's not in Und, I looked there.

Edit: BoVD has the Master Ring, which does damage to those who have Slave Rings. The Vile Weapon Ring does 1 vile damage with melee attacks, but you don't count as armed.

Welp, I'm stumped then. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

I gotta say though, very nice of you to be being willing to go book diving, if the board used a karma system I'd give you some.

Seffbasilisk
2013-06-22, 01:16 AM
Isn't there a poison-ring, in either Song and Silence or Drow of the Underdark? It's a ring that deals one piercing, and is usually used to deliver poisons.