PDA

View Full Version : Interesting articles from Dragon Magazines

Cicciograna
2013-06-20, 09:04 AM
Hello Playgrounders! I invoke the all-knowing users of tha boardz to help me in my quest!

As per the title, I'm looking for "interesting articles" from Dragon Magazine, where with "interesting" I mean the following.
I've recently read the article 101 uses for a dead dragon from issue #332, and was wondering if there are other articles like this, that describe creative uses of pieces of the setting to craft mundanes and magic items.
Any such article describing plant uses? Particular minerals to craft weapons from? Creature harvesting to extract interesting substances to use as power components for spells (or with other cool, mundane uses)?

Go!

EDIT: on a separate note, if you happen to know some really interesting article not directly related to my question itself, perhaps introducing some cool new game mechanic or item, feel free to point it at me :smallsmile:
Just keep in mind that generally I'm not interested in:
* feats;
* spells;
* PrC.

kreenlover
2013-06-20, 12:18 PM
dragon magazine 319.

The entire dark sun stuff. Those are the best dragon magazine articles I have ever seen

Urpriest
2013-06-20, 02:11 PM
Not answering the meat of your question, but the very last Dragon ever had a template that gave rules for creating new Demon lords. Really handy stuff.

Agent 451
2013-06-20, 02:32 PM
Dragon 358 had an article with a list of mundane armor and weapon add-ons, which cost flat gp.

Arcanist
2013-06-20, 02:39 PM
dragon magazine 319.

The entire dark sun stuff. Those are the best dragon magazine articles I have ever seen

In Dragon 315 they have Defiler rules (Which don't make sense for long term use).

Darrin
2013-06-20, 03:49 PM
Dragon 358 had an article with a list of mundane armor and weapon add-ons, which cost flat gp.

Seconding this, very nifty "Master's Forge" article.

My list (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12640978&postcount=17) from an older "Essential Issues of Dragon Magazine" thread.