PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder - battle soundstriker bard suggestions

MalcolmReynolds
2013-06-20, 09:06 AM
hey all

my friends and i are planing a drunkards and dragons one off (no misspelling) for which i'm planning on playing something akin to this:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRu1G275_H3zV_fEo0qTVgd17ZvBd3OI n0S03ROeApiyAcIlLJn

majestic, i know.

we're playing 20pt buy, level 6, and each of us can have 1 free weapon proficiency extra.

so far i know for the build i want to do a human soundstriker bard 6, who wields an axe. thats all i know, and i'm a little stumped as to where to begin.

we figure sound strike gives me 6 blasts which can be stacked, but a save for each die rolled.

the primary problem will be how i do my performence, lead singing would be the obvious answer, given working my non cleaving axe into combat alongside my cleaving axe would just waste resources. eh, ill do air guitar and belt my lungs out.

for feats, i have 4 to play with. 1 i reckon will be arcane strike? not using swift actions for anything else. power attack seems like an obvious choice. as does lingering performence. i dont know what to do with feats.

as for what to spend money on, (i think i have 16,000gp) i'm thinking a nice axe of some description, a headband which adds charisma (aiming for +5/6 modifier), probably some nicer armor or rings of protection for better AC.

basically, i'm a little unsure how to proceed. how can i remain combat viable (as in wading into the thick of things) as a bard with this concept?

MalcolmReynolds
2013-06-21, 03:09 AM
Ok, i realise i kind of just went out without any kind of planing done.
i've noodled around with a sample build,
20pt buy, level 6 and a free profficiency feat
Str 14 dex 12 con 14 int 12 wis 9 cha 18 (racial and level 4)
Human Bard 6 (sound striker)
feats:
-Arcane strike
-power attack
-cleave
-dodge
(proficiency is greataxe)
(i know not very optimised, i'm just trying to competent in melee)
my 16,000gp to spend:
- +1 buckler
- +1 chainshift
- +1 greataxe
- +2 charisma headband
- +2 strength belt
- +1 ring of protection
- +1 amulet of natural armor

combat wise this gives me:
hp = 6d8+18
AC = 20
melee attack (with arcane strike) is+8 to hit and 1d12+5
Weird words is 6 d8+5 damage (not sure what the dc is, 10+5 for charisma, +6 for bard level?)

basically, will this be combat viable for the level? the game shouldnt be too optimized