PDA

View Full Version : Prestidigitation at will: how can I do it?

qwertyu63
2013-06-20, 10:11 AM
I am searching for some way to have Prestidigitation at will. I would rather have it as an ability of the character rather then their items (which would be a near trivial 1000 gp purchase). Almost anything else will do, as long as it doesn't need me to move off of Good (Exalted actually).

Verditude
2013-06-20, 10:15 AM
Expensive feat-wise, but Innate Spell (CArc version) works.

Zubrowka74
2013-06-20, 10:15 AM
Wizard 1 in Pathfinder.

qwertyu63
2013-06-20, 10:22 AM
Expensive feat-wise, but Innate Spell (CArc version) works.

The feat cost I could deal with, but I wouldn't even have the spellslot to give up.

Wizard 1 in Pathfinder.

...I should have mentioned this is 3.5...

Lightlawbliss
2013-06-20, 10:24 AM
1000 is continual
900 is on command

double those for slotless

I really don't see why you would want to use a Feat or lvl to get something that cheep.

qwertyu63
2013-06-20, 10:30 AM
1000 is continual
900 is on command

double those for slotless

I really don't see why you would want to use a Feat or lvl to get something that cheep.

...because I would rather not have it be something that can be stolen (that an fluff reasons that are complicated)... I do believe I said the item would be cheap, and that I wanted to know other ways.

Jigokuro
2013-06-20, 10:37 AM
...because I would rather not have it be something that can be stolen (that an fluff reasons that are complicated)... I do believe I said the item would be cheap, and that I wanted to know other ways.

That is why he mentioned double for slotless. It is entirely possible that a slotless item is impossible to steal. It could be grafted/tattooed/internalized/etc. in a wide variety of fluff ways. Bottom line: double the cost allows it to be irremovable, and still cheaper than using feats.

Coidzor
2013-06-20, 10:41 AM
Social engineering on the DM.

Feint's End
2013-06-20, 10:51 AM
Social engineering on the DM.

This pretty much
I once wanted to have the same thing (I think I know why you want it :smallwink: ) and just talked to my dm about it and to be honest ... it's nothing worldshattering and I guess you take it purely for flavour. Maybe ask him for a sidequest or make a homebrewed feat if he insists on some cost.

Like for example:
Prequisite: 1st Characterlevel
Effect: You are a Person naturally talented in influencing minor arcane energies found in the world. You can use Prestigitation at will as a Spelllike Ability (maybe even ask for Su?). Tre the Ability exactly like the Prestidigitation spell described in the PHB but change the duration to permanent though effects or objects you create with the ability still vanish after one hour.

Here you go. Maybe have to change the wording a bit but that's how I'd rule it and to be honest I'd even allow you to have the whole thing without a feat as a Su (so Dispel Magic doesn't work against it).

qwertyu63
2013-06-20, 11:04 AM
That is why he mentioned double for slotless. It is entirely possible that a slotless item is impossible to steal. It could be grafted/tattooed/internalized/etc. in a wide variety of fluff ways. Bottom line: double the cost allows it to be irremovable, and still cheaper than using feats.

Oh... Sold. We are done here. Thanks everybody.

ShurikVch
2013-06-20, 12:01 PM
Permanent rune CF of Runesmith PrC.
Or scribe rune of unlimited use on gauntlet and weapongraft it.