PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find a breastplate

Jhuldan
2013-06-20, 04:18 PM
Hey everyone, the party i'm currently running with has no healer and we're about to start the campaign. I remember having used a breastplate on a previous character that granted fast healing one, but i have since lost the character sheet and now i haven't the faintest clue what the breastplate was called (or what the material was, for all I know) if anyone has an answer for me I would greatly appreciate it!

Flickerdart
2013-06-20, 04:20 PM
Could it have been Millenium Chainmail from Complete Divine?

Jhuldan
2013-06-20, 04:25 PM
Nope, it was definately a breastplate. It was some form of elven armor or material, but its not in races of the wild.

Lightlawbliss
2013-06-20, 04:26 PM
was it custom? a breast plate of continuous vigor would fit your discription but that is a "custom" item.

Jhuldan
2013-06-20, 04:28 PM
Nope not a custom item i don't think; It was a lower level item. it does something similar to wildwood, as in it requires light to function. I beleive the description was that the armor sprouted roots that attacked to your skin and healed you (fast healing 1)

Jhuldan
2013-06-20, 04:30 PM
Seems that I can't type coherently today either :smallconfused:

Maginomicon
2013-06-20, 04:34 PM
Hey everyone, the party i'm currently running with has no healer and we're about to start the campaign.
If you have a sorcerer in the party, you might be able to convince him to take the "Divine Sorcery" feat in Dragon Magazine #343 page 88 and select the Healing domain. Then he can be your party healer. If he doesn't have the feat room for it, maybe you can convince your GM to allow the sorcerer to pick up one or two of the ~100 flaws (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterFlaws.htm) available to pay for it (most of them are in Dragon Magazines). Coincidentally, if you do have a sorcerer, they may be interested in sorcerer "spheres" (which are kind-of like wizard specializations except they affect spells in a descriptor instead of a school) in Dragon Magazine #330 page 94.

Jhuldan
2013-06-20, 04:38 PM
Well, we have a ghost-bard and a paladin-rogue, but neither of them will be able to heal until probably level 6, which poses a problem.... so i'm finding alternatives. I have fast-healing via racial bonuses, but that leaves 4 other party member without healing, although the ghost bard isn't likely to need it...

BowStreetRunner
2013-06-20, 04:43 PM
The only thing I found was under Races of War (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Races_of_War_(3.5e_Sourcebook)/Equipment) there is a darkleaf armor that gives fast healing 1 if you have 8 ranks in knowledge (nature).

Flickerdart
2013-06-20, 04:47 PM
The only thing I found was under Races of War (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Races_of_War_(3.5e_Sourcebook)/Equipment) there is a darkleaf armor that gives fast healing 1 if you have 8 ranks in knowledge (nature).
Races of War is homebrew.

Jhuldan
2013-06-20, 04:52 PM
That was the one, giving fast healing with knowledge nature. Damn, that's homebrew? Crap. Well there goes that idea. I can try it with my GM but that's pretty unlikely, she has a passionate hate for homebrew. probably because we break the game with it :)

Jhuldan
2013-06-20, 04:54 PM
I don't have the races of war sourcebook though, homebrew or not, so i must have found it elsewhere. where might that be?

Yogibear41
2013-06-20, 04:57 PM
You could always get the bard or paladin a wand of cure light wounds :smallsmile:

Lightlawbliss
2013-06-20, 05:01 PM
You could always get the bard or paladin a wand of cure light wounds :smallsmile:
maby even one with uses per day, or an on command item.

Jhuldan
2013-06-20, 05:21 PM
Yeah that might be what we "wand" up doing...

Spuddles
2013-06-20, 08:14 PM
I don't have the races of war sourcebook though, homebrew or not, so i must have found it elsewhere. where might that be?

Races of War, afaik, was the product of the internet, mostly Frank & K.

Xervous
2013-06-20, 09:49 PM
I swear I stumbled across some armor with that description "roots go into your skin and heals you in sunlight" about a week or so ago.

My bet is its in some Forgotten Realms book, the kind you know of only because of one spell or magic item from it.

Spuddles
2013-06-20, 09:56 PM
I swear I stumbled across some armor with that description "roots go into your skin and heals you in sunlight" about a week or so ago.

My bet is its in some Forgotten Realms book, the kind you know of only because of one spell or magic item from it.

Think I read that recently, too. Is it a special materi?

Big Fau
2013-06-20, 10:03 PM
Nope not a custom item i don't think; It was a lower level item. it does something similar to wildwood, as in it requires light to function. I beleive the description was that the armor sprouted roots that attacked to your skin and healed you (fast healing 1)

Flickerdart was right, it is the Millennial Chainmail in the MiC. While it isn't Breastplate, it has that exact description (save for the fact that it's FH3 instead of FH1).

Blackhawk748
2013-06-20, 10:23 PM
while the description for Millenium Chainmail is right, i remember reading about a breastplate that did something similar, that may have been in a D20 book of relics, im not sure.

and now its gonna bug me till i remember

MirddinEmris
2013-06-21, 01:24 AM
I think there was something like this in Arms and Equipment Guide. In a game that happened a long time ago i remember elven party member wearing something like this. Sorry that i could not elaborate on this any further

Vizzerdrix
2013-06-21, 04:20 AM
If you can't find it in time, get a few healing belts out of the MIC and swap them out as needed.