PDA

View Full Version : e6 question (probably a dumb one lol)

Yogibear41
2013-06-20, 10:52 PM
So I've been looking into e6 lately and feel I have a pretty great understanding of it, but from time to time when I see people talking about feats post level 6 they may say something like epic feats.

Does this in fact mean that a character who has reached level 6 can begin to take feats normally reserved for epic level 21+ characters? if the level 6 character happens to qualify? For example if a level 6 character somehow managed to reach 25 con could he then take the fast healing feat to give himself fast healing 3?

I was under the impression that this was NOT the case, but I want to make sure and clarify because this would be a VERY big deal if it was actually the case.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-06-20, 11:16 PM
I've never seen anyone using that interpretation of "epic feat" in E6 before. I've always understood it and used it to refer to the feats you gain every 5,000xp. This is mostly done because there are some homebrewed feats or other abilities that require you to have a certain number of feats beyond level 6 to qualify. "Epic" is just used to more succinctly describe feats gained past level 6.

Tvtyrant
2013-06-20, 11:18 PM
I sometimes pick out the 20+ level epic feats and let people use them, because a lot of them are basically worthless. But I think people are referring to epic as-in post level 6 feat gaining, not an actual set of epic feats.

The great stat epic feats for instance are each 1/2 of a weapon focus, so they are generally useless. If you make ruinous rage only require improved sunder and power attack, it is like a worse version of a level 1 maneuver.