PDA

View Full Version : Girard's Maximum Age

alternaloser
2013-06-20, 11:57 PM
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I lurk the forums pretty regularly and hadn't seen this postulated. I'm curious what others have to say about it. I know there isn't a specific rule for a 1/4 dragon's lifespan, but I would guess that Girard would live longer than a normal human. Thoughts?

KillianHawkeye
2013-06-21, 12:20 AM
I'm pretty sure there isn't even a rule for a standard half-dragon's maximum age, since the template can be applied to practically anything.

alternaloser
2013-06-21, 12:22 AM
I'm pretty sure there isn't even a rule for a standard half-dragon's maximum age, since the template can be applied to practically anything.

Eh, you're probably right. It's been a while since I've seen the book with the templates.

Vinsfeld
2013-06-21, 12:56 AM
For all we know, that skeleton under the statue may not be Girard.

Copperdragon
2013-06-21, 01:09 AM
For all we know, that skeleton under the statue may not be Girard.

Maybe. Maybe not. But to put the theory Girard might be still of some use to the grave, I have one word: Familicide!

factotum
2013-06-21, 02:23 AM
Girard certainly wasn't able to live longer than Dorukan, who was hale and hearty six months before the start of the online strip--judging from the state of the skeleton in the tomb, Girard has been dead for a long, long time.

Roland Itiative
2013-06-21, 06:58 AM
Per RAW, Girard would have the same lifespan as any regular human. He was not a half-dragon, he just had dragon (and half-dragon) ancestors. The only thing this gave him, assuming the Giant doesn't decide otherwise, was his talent for sorcery.

Ghosty
2013-06-21, 07:12 AM
There are a couple of ways Girard could have dodged Familicide. I like the Temporal Stasis one, others may like the idea that he's some sort of intelligent Undead, and there may be some other way we haven't accounted for, but would be really obvious in hindsight. He could have a Shadow Clone of himself at the Gate, triggered to activate when someone gets x distance from it. Anyway, I think we're going to hear his perspective on the Order of the Scribble, the Snarl, and the Gates one way or the other.

That skeleton's been there awhile, but nothing says it absolutely has to be him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Draconic blood extended lifespan a bit. How old would Girard be, absent F'Cide and temporal trickery? Something like ~100?

David Argall
2013-06-22, 01:59 AM
There are a couple of ways Girard could have dodged Familicide. I like the Temporal Stasis one, others may like the idea that he's some sort of intelligent Undead, and there may be some other way we haven't accounted for, but would be really obvious in hindsight. He could have a Shadow Clone of himself at the Gate, triggered to activate when someone gets x distance from it. Anyway, I think we're going to hear his perspective on the Order of the Scribble, the Snarl, and the Gates one way or the other.

That skeleton's been there awhile, but nothing says it absolutely has to be him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Draconic blood extended lifespan a bit. How old would Girard be, absent F'Cide and temporal trickery? Something like ~100?

Of course, there are ways to get around it, but he is dead and gone and won't be back.
Our author doesn't like to repeat his stuff. Since we had Soon defending a gate as a spirit, that is not going to happen again.
This is also the story of the Order of the Stick. They are the heroes that do the good deeds, not some NPC.
And we already have a crowded state to deal with. X, Tarquin, and V have parts to place in this confrontation. We have no need to add in more.