PDA

View Full Version : Ways of dealing Consistent Damage without Weapons [3.5]

Feint's End
2013-06-21, 06:29 AM
So I'm joining this game as a Level 10 Psion soon and I'm looking for a way to be able to deal a consistent amount of damage without and/or spending a lesser amount of Powerpoints. Reason is I want to avoid using a crossbow with this character for flavourreasons and wanted to see what's out there. The attack doesn't have to be overly strong but just something I can do during the rounds I don't manifest.

The Level 3 ability of the Kineticist variants would be perfect but I don't want to invest that much Ml into it.

Prestigeclasses are most likely not a way to deal with it since I want to keep stay straight up Psion. So I'd prefer use WBL and/or Feats. Also it's 3.x though I might be able to convince my Dm to allow single pieces of pathfinder material.

Thanks in advance

Edit: reason I'm asking is because I'm happy with any source not just psionic (though I'd probably prefer that) and I'm not that experienced with arcane/divine/mundane ways to achieve that.
Edit 2: renamed thread

Fouredged Sword
2013-06-21, 07:45 AM
You are proficient with daggers. Consider the gauntlets that allow you to throw an unlimited number of force daggers. It's not much, but you don't have to reload or carry anything.

Feint's End
2013-06-21, 07:53 AM
You are proficient with daggers. Consider the gauntlets that allow you to throw an unlimited number of force daggers. It's not much, but you don't have to reload or carry anything.

Sounds like a star. which book are they from?

edit: found them but what you are referring to are the gauntles with the javelins .... not a bad start at all. Any other suggestions?

Fouredged Sword
2013-06-21, 08:41 AM
There is a version somewhere that does the same thing, but with knives. I am AFB right now, but I remember it's somewhere. MIC maybe?

Feint's End
2013-06-21, 08:49 AM
Just realized that I can use a custom created psionic item (magic/psionic transparency)
For at will activation it's basically 1800xlevelxmanifesterlevel so 1800 for a at will activation of energy ray and for every additional 1800g I can increase the damage by 1d6 ... sounds pretty good cause for 7200 I could do 4d6 ranged touch attack damage at will (activation is a standartaction though so no multiple attacks) ... if I create it myself using Psychic Reformation to get myself Craft Wondrous Item just for that I could even do it for half the prize and have 8d6 at will (though I probably shouldn't do that as my dm might get pissed by that)

Am I correct?

Fouredged Sword
2013-06-21, 09:13 AM
Yes, in theory, but all custom magic items require DM approval even if it follows the guidelines.

Roguenewb
2013-06-21, 09:15 AM
See if your DM will let you make something like a psionic reserve feat? 2d6 ranged touch damage if you have at least 3 power points?

Darrin
2013-06-21, 09:18 AM
There is a version somewhere that does the same thing, but with knives. I am AFB right now, but I remember it's somewhere. MIC maybe?

Gauntlet of Infinite Blades is in the MIC, but it's inferior to the Gloves of Endless Javelins. The Gauntlet is a swift action to activate, so it's limited to once per round, while the Gloves are a free action to activate.

Also, the daggers have no magical enhancement unless you use the daily charges, which gives you a +3 dagger, but it only lasts for 3 rounds. The javelins are always +1 force javelins. The only drawback to the javelins is it's not clear if they bypass DR (by RAW they don't, since [force] is not one of the five defined energy types, and unlike the Force property on page 35 there's no explicit language in the item description that says otherwise).