PDA

View Full Version : Designing an Elf Swordsmen

BoutsofInsanity
2013-06-21, 10:41 PM
I wish to build an elf swordsmen with limited amount of cheese. As in limited to no cheese.
Preferably either a duel wielder or a single sword user. (YES I KNOW THESE ARE BAD).

Note: Weapon Finesse is house ruled to deal damage as well as to hit.

I do not have Tomb of Battle
I have access to the Core, Completes, and
- Races of Stone
- Magic of Incarnum
- Complete Psionic
- Monster Manual II
- Expanded Psionics Handbook
- Races of Destiny
- Complete Adventurer
- Player’s Handbook II
- Complete Arcane
- Monster Manual IV
- Races of the Wild
- Book of Vile Darkness
- Dungeonscape
- Deities and Demigods
- Book of Exalted Deeds

ArcturusV
2013-06-21, 10:48 PM
Actually when I think Elf Swordsman I'm probably going to go for a mix of Ranger and Thug Variant Fighter (Combo'd with the Sneak Attack variant as they stack for even more dice being thrown). Survival, track, minor magical tricks, probably with something like Favored Enemy: Orcs, Gobbos, Dwarves.

Jigokuro
2013-06-21, 10:57 PM
Luckily you have RotW available, so you can use one of the best exotic weapons for flavor and profit: Elven Courtblade. It is both 2-handed for good power attacking, and finesse-able for dex SADing. Bonus: it is explicitly an elf thing flavorwise, so it fits great for you.:smallsmile:
You could basically take a typical PA charger build and toss in weapon finesse and EWF(courtblade) and come out pretty dang good for flavor and effectiveness.

Emperor Tippy
2013-06-21, 11:07 PM
Gray Elf Rogue 1/ Factotum 16/Fighter 2/ Exemplar 1.

Use an Elven Courtblade.

Max Dex and have 30 Int.

Pity that you don't have access to Dragon for FMI or Libris Mortis for Necropolitian but you will be fine, just kill your enemies first.

For feats you want Craven and lots of Font of Inspiration. Chaos Shuffle your elf feats to useful things.

Proceed to make 13 or more attacks in a single round, after moving to get into range and before moving to get out of range.

Pity you can't throw one level of Kung Fu Genius monk into the build for Int to AC twice.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-06-22, 12:11 AM
Some mix of Duskblade, Extra Spell (haste) and Swiftblade?

Psyren
2013-06-22, 01:47 AM
When I think "Elf Swordsman" I think "gish," so I recommend Duskblade. Personally I prefer Pathfinder's Magus, but since you have PHB2 there shouldn't be problems playing a DB.

Seharvepernfan
2013-06-22, 02:41 AM
Some mix of Duskblade, Extra Spell (haste) and Swiftblade?

This, using a courtblade, with a Couerre (spelling?) Eladrin familiar.

The ranger and factotum suggestions would work as well.