PDA

View Full Version : I have managed to stay dry.

Balain
2013-06-22, 02:53 AM
I am in Calgary and have managed to stay dry. Not sure how many playgrounders are in southern Alberta but I hope you have managed to stay dry and you and your families are safe as well.

Anarion
2013-06-22, 03:04 AM
I am in Calgary and have managed to stay dry. Not sure how many playgrounders are in southern Alberta but I hope you have managed to stay dry and you and your families are safe as well.

Glad that you're doing okay, my thoughts go to everyone up there dealing with the flooding.

Though, to be honest, from the title, I expected this thread to relate to not drinking any alcohol.

ArlEammon
2013-06-22, 09:59 PM
Glad that you're doing okay, my thoughts go to everyone up there dealing with the flooding.

Though, to be honest, from the title, I expected this thread to relate to not drinking any alcohol.

Oh there was a flood? :(

Balain
2013-06-23, 04:43 AM
There was indeed. Many areas evacuated, houses ramming into bridges. Downtown Calgary closed. Have a friend, haven't heard from him in about a day since the power was shut off in Downtown. He lives in the area, but on the 7th floor. He was okay last we heard and should be dry that high up but sucks stuck there and no power I would imagine. Another friend was called in to help keep a crane from falling over from all the water damage and flow of the water.

Video Of Flood (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scR5t8I4Rkk)

Karoht
2013-06-24, 01:01 PM
I am also in Calgary.
My workplace was evacuated. They then tried to order people back to work. I was not impressed.
It was a very dangerous weekend, but thankfully the water is receding now, and it looks like most people are safe and sound.