PDA

View Full Version : Spellbreaker [3.P]

Seatbelt
2013-06-22, 08:40 AM
I'm building a 20th level 2-weapon fighter. My DM likes to use mages and spell casters as enemies, so I'm considering taking Disruptive and Spellbreaker. Are there any other feats in 3.Pathfinder that do anything like these?

Fouredged Sword
2013-06-22, 08:58 AM
From 3.5 Mageslayer is a great feat for fighting spellcasters. It prevents them from casting defensively when you threaten them.

Follow it up with the rest of the line.

Pierce Magical protection grant the ability to ignore magical bonuses to AC

Pierce Magical Concealment grants the ability to ignore magical miss chances.

It means a spellcaster that is within your threatened range can't cast spells, and all their buffs do them little good.

Psyren
2013-06-22, 09:09 AM
Urgh, Fighter 20...

Step Up is a great anti-caster feat so that you can follow them when they try to 5ft. step away from you.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-06-22, 09:19 AM
Disruptive and Spellbreaker are worthless feats, especially by high level. Concentration DC to cast defensive is still easy, so the feats do nothing.

If you do have them, though, get Teleport Tactician. That feat is actually somewhat useful if you have a big reach. I just don't think it's worth spending 3 feats for.

You will want Mage Slayer feat line, as mentioned. Also, 3E Stand Still, if possible. PF has Pin Down and Lunge, which are sort of decent, and Dazing/Stunning Assault (which is the best lockdown martials can get in PF) - pick which one you like more, don't take both. I like dazing even though it's a weaker effect because almost nothing is immune to it and it still robs turns.
3E also has Imperious Command to cower-lock foes; combine it w/ the Zhentarim Soldier fighter variant (available for free on WotC's website) and possibly the Intimidating Strike feat and Never Outnumbered skill trick.

Get a 3E Spiked Chain if possible; otherwise consider the 3E Kusari-gama...you want something that hits reach and adjacent ideally.

Seatbelt
2013-06-22, 06:11 PM
Thats kind of what I figured. Those feats aren't available to us. I know Fighter 20 sucks. But I'm doing it. So deal with it. :)

(as an aside, multiclassing is specifically forbidden for this 1-shot campaign, and I've never actually played a non-caster character. Ever. So.. yeah.)

Psyren
2013-06-22, 06:49 PM
I know Fighter 20 sucks. But I'm doing it. So deal with it. :)

Your inevitable agony bothers me not one bit :smallbiggrin: