PDA

View Full Version : Question about Glory Domain power

What
2013-06-22, 02:12 PM
The Touch of Glory power says work on a single charisma ability check, does channel count for one of these checks? I don't normally play clerics, so i am unsure exactly how this all works.

Touch of Glory (Sp): You can cause your hand to shimmer with divine radiance, allowing you to touch a creature as a standard action and give it a bonus equal to your cleric level on a single Charisma-based skill check or Charisma ability check. This ability lasts for 1 hour or until the creature touched elects to apply the bonus to a roll. You can use this ability to grant the bonus a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

The wording on channel dc is: The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 the cleric's level + the cleric's Charisma modifier.

Thanks in advance.
What

Malvanis
2013-06-22, 03:04 PM
If said channel requires a charisma check or charisma ability check, then it applies.

sleepyphoenixx
2013-06-22, 03:23 PM
Doesn't Glory give you a Turn Undead bonus? Where's Touch of Glory from?

Malimar
2013-06-22, 03:26 PM
Doesn't Glory give you a Turn Undead bonus? Where's Touch of Glory from?

Pathfinder. (3.5's Glory domain is, yes, way cooler.)

sleepyphoenixx
2013-06-22, 03:35 PM
Pathfinder. (3.5's Glory domain is, yes, way cooler.)

Thank you. But cooler? A cleric level bonus to UMD and any social check you might have to make vs. a minimal bonus to turn undead? Ten or more times/day?
I'll take the PF version, thank you :smalltongue:
Maybe i can talk my dm into it...

Malimar
2013-06-22, 04:34 PM
Thank you. But cooler? A cleric level bonus to UMD and any social check you might have to make vs. a minimal bonus to turn undead? Ten or more times/day?
I'll take the PF version, thank you :smalltongue:
Maybe i can talk my dm into it...

It's one of the only ways (the only way?) to get extra d6s to your turning damage roll!

But I think I was actually confusing it with the Sun domain. And also the thing where Radiant Servant of Pelor lets you use the Sun domain's granted power more than 1/day. (I usually never play one of those without the other two, plus a couple other things, is why I get them confused. I find turning isn't worth having unless you specialize.)

sleepyphoenixx
2013-06-22, 04:57 PM
The thing is you need a campaign thats heavily undead focused to justify optimizing turning for well... turning :smallamused:
Personally I like Divine Spell Power and getting a reliable way to boost the charisma check on that without spending anything is quite useful.
The bonus to UMD and bluff/diplomacy/intimidate/disguise/gather information is just (a lot of) icing on the cake.

What
2013-06-22, 05:18 PM
So looks like I am able to boost the DC of my channel's, I can channel positive or negative. So if I use this ability before I channel, my DC should go from 20 (22 charisma, level 9) to 29? The DM is a stickler for the rules of the game, just wanted to make sure this was a legal play on my part.

thanks for the info. :)
What