PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Particular Spell

Sugashane
2013-06-22, 05:58 PM
Is there a spell to bind one or more people to another person or object, so that when this person/object is attacked the individuals bound to it are teleported there to help defend it?

It might have been a method using contingency, but I remember our mentor in one game letting us be bound to a dragon's egg that was involved in a prophecy, and he did so with a spell.

Ezekiul
2013-06-22, 10:39 PM
A permanent greater alarm spell, with a contingent teleport that sends you to that location upon the alarm triggering.

Sugashane
2013-06-22, 10:57 PM
A permanent greater alarm spell, with a contingent teleport that sends you to that location upon the alarm triggering.

I can work with that. Thank you, I've been frustrated as I thought there was a particular spell to do it, I'll work this into my game tomorrow.

NeoPhoenix0
2013-06-22, 11:13 PM
There is a particular spell that does it but it is not as good. Refuge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/refuge.htm) can be altered so that if you willingly give the object to a creature and inform them of it's function and command word, it will transport you to within 10ft. of them when they say the command word and smash it.

It is tailor made for this type of thing but is useless if they are separated from the object or if they are killed before they have the chance to smash it.

to improve on the first suggestion add contingent plane shift in case you are on different planes.

HalfQuart
2013-06-23, 08:51 PM
There's Sacred Guardian from BoED... it works like Status (SRD), but lets you teleport to the target if you want to and have a mechanism to teleport with... the problem is, it's a divine spell and in itself it doesn't actually provide any teleport capability, so unless you have access to the Travel domain or something, it probably won't work for you.