PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Weapons of Legacy customization

Crasical
2013-06-22, 08:23 PM
Having a little trouble with the 'menus' and customizing one of the sample WoLs to make a personal version. I want to grab the 'Sling of the Dire Wind' and chop out Giant Bane, Gust of Wind, Wind Wall, and possibly Stunning Stone, and pick up Flaming and Explosive as weapon enchantments to turn it into more of a bomb-launcher type weapon. I've been reading the 'Weapon of Legacy for Dummies (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=485.0)' and 'Weapon Legacy Special abilities (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19862762/Weapons_of_Legacy_Ability_List_(who_knew_there_wer e_so_many))' lists, and I can't find any of those abilities to find what I can replace them with equivalently.

I know they have a reputation for weakness, but does anyone have experience with this book?

shaikujin
2013-06-23, 08:32 PM
The handbooks might have it listed under a different name (such as by what the ability does, instead of what it is called).

If you still can't find it, you can easily reverse engineer it your self.

Plot out 2 columns in a spreadsheet. 20 rows to correspond to 20 levels, the first few will always be blank, but makes it easier to match side by side.

Column 1 with the ability that your selected WoL gains at each level.

Column 2, plot out what menu ability it is supposed to gain (A, B, C, D etc). If your selected WoL do not gain an ability for a certain level, that means it takes a higher or more "menu slot to get it)

Away from books, so might have remembered something incorrectly. But that's the gist of it.

Crasical
2013-06-24, 12:56 AM
Well, starting with the 'least legacy' segment, the Sling of the Dire Wind gets...

05) Stunning Stone/3 a Day
06) Gust of Wind/1 a day
07) +2 Sling
08) Pebble to Boulder (+2 Sizes)
09) -
10) Destructive Power

Without knowing the ratings of any of the powers, I'm having to go with the one thing I can peg a value on, the increase from a +1 to a +2 weapon, which is a menu-slot B, which would leave a one-level gap. So that means all the other slots here are menu-Slot A options, apparently.

Past that, into the Lesser Legacy section...

11) +2 Giant Bane Sling
12) Pebble to Boulder (+3 Sizes)
13) -
14) +3 Giant Bane Sling
15) Wind Wall x3 a day
16) Pebble to boulder (+4 Sizes)

Same deal. The first increase is a simple D menu, the second is an E menu, and takes up two slots. That means that the rest of this is default for this tier 'D menu'

17) +4 Giant Bane Sling
18) Forceful Strike
19) +5 Giant Bane Sling
20) Pebble to Boulder (+5 sizes)

This gets weird though. Menu G weapon enchantments should increase the weapon to +6 in just one purchase, shouldn't they? But we have two separate purchases here....

Overall this all feels just a little off.

EDIT: and the Ability List linked in the first post lists Destructive Power as a B-menu item....

shaikujin
2013-06-24, 02:08 AM
If you are looking to swap out the lower abilities, the menu G abilites don't matter -

Say at level 5 and level 6 you get a menu A (I don't have access to my books atm, so I might be wrong)

The weapon gives the following:

05 Stunning Stone (since only menu A is availale, this is a menu A ability)
06 Gust of Wind (since you have used a menu A ability at level 5, this means this is not a menu B item that it received by combining 2 level A. Hence, this is also a menu A ability)

Swap it out by selecting any other Menu A ability that it qualifies for.

If you can remind me which menu becomes available at which level, and the rate of exchange for each higher menu (eg 2 menu A = 1 menu B, 3 menu E = 1 menu F etc), I can work it out for you.

Crasical
2013-06-24, 02:13 AM
Least Legacy, levels 5-10: A, B, C

B = 2 A, C = 3A.

Lesser Legacy, Levels 11-16: D, E, F

E = 2D, F = 3D.

Greater Legacy, Levels 17-20: G, H, I

H = 2G, I = 3G.

shaikujin
2013-06-24, 03:10 AM
Thanks!

Here's the breakdown (hope the formatting comes out right, using phone):

Level|Menu selection used by Sling of the Dire Wind
05|A
06|A (you can swap out gust of wind for any other Menu A ability)
07|A
08|A
09|-
10|B
11|D (you can swap out Giant Bane for any other Menu D ability)
12|D
13|-
14|E
15|D (you can swap out Wind Wall for any Menu D ability)
16|D
17|G
18|G
19|G
20|G

Crasical
2013-06-24, 03:16 AM
'Giant Bane' isn't a menu choice, it's a weapon enchant. Bane(Giants). Either way, increasing your weapon from a +1, which the sling starts as, to a +2, is a Menu B option, not a menu A one. Something's gone wrong here.

EDIT:

{table=head]Level|Sling of the Dire Wind|Menu|Menu|Marie's Bomb Thrower
05|Stunning Stone/3 day|A|B(A?)|+1 Flaming Sling
06|Gust of Wind/1 day|A| - | - |
09|+2 Sling|B(A?)|B| Obscuring Mist (Sp)
08|Pebble to Boulder (+2 sizes)|A|A|Pebble to Boulder (+2 sizes)
09| - | - | - | -
10|Destructive Power|A(B?)|A(B?)|Destructive Power[/table]

I'm working under the assumption that the 'gap' indicating a higher level ability is occasionally moved for the purpose of symmetry, so I've done that here with this hypothetical version of the 'Least' levels for the custom WoL.

EDIT2: Also I'm aware that flaming on a weapon is suboptimal, but I don't have anything else in mind to represent it's explodiness just yet.

shaikujin
2013-06-24, 03:29 AM
Could be 1 of those items where the designers just winged it.

Which are the menus with options to get weapon enchantment bonus (or enchantment equivalents)?

Doesn't look like they used mutable legacy for this item, but I could be wrong.

Crasical
2013-06-24, 03:34 AM
Could be 1 of those items where the designers just winged it.

Which are the menus with options to get weapon enchantment bonus (or enchantment equivalents)?

Doesn't look like they used mutable legacy for this item, but I could be wrong.

Check the Weapons of Legacy 'For Dummies' Guide listed in spoilers just above the 'Threads' post, though the writer refers to the menus in his own ideosyncratic way.

Least-1 slot is A, Least-2 slots is B, ect.