PDA

View Full Version : lf construct for a PC

Yogibear41
2013-06-23, 12:05 AM
Looking to play a construct for my next character, at the moment I'm going to go for a Maug from Fiend Folio. If anyone has any better suggestions that would be great. (don't want to be a warfored)

Groups around level 4 or so, so nothing to far out their.

LOTRfan
2013-06-23, 12:27 AM
I like the Maugs, myself.

If your group allows Pathfinder material, Alluria Publishing has the Relluk (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/alluria-publishing/relluk), another race of Living Construct that gain their power from crystals and were created by an ancient civilization.

My last suggestion from Pathfinder would be the Android (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/android), which (while technically Humanoid) counts as both Humanoid and Construct when it comes to spells/effects.

Back to D&D, the Monster Manual II has the Dread Guard, an animated suit of armor that resembles an undead creature because of its glowing red eyes. It is far below average intelligence (taking a -4 penalty to Intelligence) and has 5 HD, but you may want to look into that.

EDIT: Actually, I just realized that Dread Guards also take a -8 penalty to Charisma. Ah... You may want to forget about them.

Kelb_Panthera
2013-06-23, 12:45 AM
Warforged.

They can be found in MM3, Races of Eberron, and the Eberron Campaign Setting.

No LA, no RHD, and they even benefit from healing spells (albeit at half the normal rate.)

gurgleflep
2013-06-23, 12:47 AM
Warforged.

They can be found in MM3, Races of Eberron, and the Eberron Campaign Setting.

No LA, no RHD, and they even benefit from healing spells (albeit at half the normal rate.)

While that is a good suggestion, he said he didn't want to play a warforged.
I wish I knew of some playable constructs, I know none but the warforged and maug!

LOTRfan
2013-06-23, 12:47 AM
He asked for no Warforged, though.

I have two other homebrewed Living Construct races if you would like to look at them, but something tells me you want to stay with official material, yes?

Flickerdart
2013-06-23, 12:56 AM
There is an Urban Druid variant in a Dragon issue that gives you an Animated Object companion. Once you have that, just pretend that's your character and the druid is a cohort.

Kelb_Panthera
2013-06-23, 01:06 AM
While that is a good suggestion, he said he didn't want to play a warforged.
I wish I knew of some playable constructs, I know none but the warforged and maug!

I'm beginning to think I should go to bed rather than continue to browse the forum. :smallsigh:

Maybe you could get your DM to okay an awakened effigy of a humanoid creature with an ad-hoc LA. I'd peg it at +1.

Why no warforged though? The MM3 printing was unquestionably intended for use in all campaigns, so it shouldn't be a question of availability unless your group simply doesn't have MM3.