PDA

View Full Version : Eador : Masters of the Broken World

Cikomyr
2013-06-23, 10:40 AM
Continuing my streak of Fantasy Strategy game, I just learned the existence of a game named Eador : Masters of the Broken World.

Someone tried it? It looks.. interesting, at first. I might be checking if it has a demo, but I wanted to see with other peoples.

Apparently, there was plenty of bugs in the release version.. but Maybe it got better since?

Gamerlord
2013-06-23, 10:59 AM
Haven't played it since about a month or two post-release, but while they did improve some stuff, it was still very much unfinished and had a lot of bugs. Most of the stuff I've heard about it makes it sound like there still hasn't been much improvement.

The previous game, Eador Genesis, is much more enjoyable if you can withstand the primitive graphics , terribad "animations", lack of an English manual with a crappy tutorial, a really obnoxious audio stuttering issue, and rather tough difficulty. Try that one out instead perhaps?

EDIT: Also, the GOG version of MotBW takes forever to get patches.

Cikomyr
2013-06-23, 01:08 PM
If I were to buy it, it'd be on steam..

From what I've seen over the internet, it has certain elements of Dominion 3 in its gameplay. Somewhat irregular provinces that you have to spend time and resources exploring thoroughly after you have conquered them. Turn-based where you issue your orders and are simultaneously resolved..

GloatingSwine
2013-06-23, 05:51 PM
I've played Eador Genesis.

It feels like one of those strategy games where they decided that having More Mechanics would make the game More Better, when a lot of them don't actually seem to benefit the game a whole lot and don't interact with each other.

If you ever thought the problem with Heroes of Might and Magic was that it just wasn't beardy enough, then maybe you'll like it, but otherwise I'd just say play more HoMM.

Gamerlord
2013-06-23, 06:02 PM
If I were to buy it, it'd be on steam..

From what I've seen over the internet, it has certain elements of Dominion 3 in its gameplay. Somewhat irregular provinces that you have to spend time and resources exploring thoroughly after you have conquered them. Turn-based where you issue your orders and are simultaneously resolved..
Eh, I wouldn't say there are many similarities between the two. IIRC, the only real exploring you did of your provinces in D3 was having the mages check for magic sites. Exploring provinces in Eador is one of your primary source of gold and experience,as well as allowing population growth. Besides that, I can't really think of any similarities between the two, it's more like a mixture of HoMM and AoW with a little bit of pretty much every other fantasy turn-based strategy game thrown in.

Cikomyr
2013-06-27, 06:26 AM
Okay, the game is fun, on average. A bit unfair at times, I'd say, but what can you do? Playing as a Warrior really makes you a juggernaut on the battlefield...

But one bug really disgusted me. Apparently, you cannot reconquer provinces who have rebelled against your rule.

Wookieetank
2013-06-28, 11:36 AM
Okay, the game is fun, on average. A bit unfair at times, I'd say, but what can you do? Playing as a Warrior really makes you a juggernaut on the battlefield...

But one bug really disgusted me. Apparently, you cannot reconquer provinces who have rebelled against your rule.

You just need to marry into the family of that province and conviently become heir of it :smallwink:

Cikomyr
2013-06-28, 11:37 AM
You just need to marry into the family of that province and conviently become heir of it :smallwink:

Wrong game mate :smallbiggrin:

Wookieetank
2013-06-28, 12:47 PM
Wrong game mate :smallbiggrin:

I totally haven't been playing a certain game all week, nope not one bit. :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Nourjan
2014-04-28, 08:30 PM

I haven't played the game yet (though I am planning to buy it when the sorted enough of the bugs and when it goes on sale) but I do watched a lot or gameplay videos of it and I haven't seen this bug before.Hell one of the tactics in the game was to allow problematic provinces to rebel and reconquer it(sometimes the benefit of this outweighs the negatives).