PDA

View Full Version : Un-Armed [PF]

ExemplarofAvg
2013-06-23, 12:43 PM
So I'm working on a race for a campaign where the players are going to be animals and what not (based off of an idea I read about, which is also the idea for a comic, of playing the familiars/companions/mounts of a character)

I ended up just straight up making races myself (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/arg-creating-new-races), which basically amount to biped, bird and quadruped.

The first two went fairly easy, there are feats to do things for each. Birds can learn to use light weapons, natural spell is available to these races for classes.
Then I came to quadrupeds, the hyperlink above has this to say about Quadrupeds: Quadruped (2 RP)
Prerequisites: Any type except humanoid, Large size, normal speed.
Benefit: Members of this race possess four legs and two arms, granting them a +4 racial bonus to CMD against trip attempts and a +10 foot bonus to their base speed. In addition, members of this race use weapons and armor as if they were Medium (instead of Large).
Special: The number of legs can be increased by 2 for each additional 1 RP spent. Each such increase grants an additional +4 racial bonus to CMD against trip attempts, but no other bonus. Spoiled for length.
My final question is, what if the race just doesn't have arms?

Rover
2013-06-23, 03:21 PM
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/shadowdepository/rpg/bunnies-and-burrows.jpg

Would it be acceptable if they don't have arms that they can only use natural weapons?

F.Harr
2013-06-23, 03:25 PM
That is one ticked-off DM.

But, as I remember it, that story was disturbingly bloody.

Rover
2013-06-23, 03:54 PM
But, as I remember it, that story was disturbingly bloody.

To which are you referring? GURPS Bunnies and Burrows the game, or Watership Down?

Arbane
2013-06-23, 05:10 PM
To which are you referring? GURPS Bunnies and Burrows the game, or Watership Down?

It works with either, really. Life's not fun when you're low on the food-chain.

ExemplarofAvg
2013-06-23, 10:11 PM
Would it be acceptable if they don't have arms that they can only use natural weapons?

Yeah, Although my intention isn't to put them through anything quite like that.