PDA

View Full Version : Taet's Acrostic: Everyone's Tuned into Random Banter #195

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Elemental
2013-06-26, 09:10 PM
Firstly, Elemental has returned from mourning! Let me welcome you by making a nest in your beard.

Thank you. I have set aside nesting materials for this eventuality as I am still certain that my beard is much too short for nesting in.

Indeed.
http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b506/AmidusDrexel/693a1eab-8226-4c4c-9cc1-61d41b427f89_zpsf5f1ae2c.jpg
http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b506/AmidusDrexel/361b3677-ec6e-4168-b1c6-4dfee70d00bf_zps88efc295.jpg

ION: And now I away to grill steak! :smallcool: (man, dinner's gonna be late)

Hmm... I feel like stealing the article of furniture you were resting that mandolin on. I feel I should know what to refer to it as, but all I know is I feel like flying to America and absconding with it.

And I should really learn how to cook things one of these days... Now I want steak.

Not all butter has salt in it... grease is where flavor comes from, and the oil is natural and keeps it from breaking apart. Also, butter is normally more creamy than greasy and oily, or you've got the wrong kind of butter. Margarine is greasy and oily, but that's because it's made from vegetable oil. I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

Indeed. Butter is thousands of times better than margarine.

TaiLiu
2013-06-26, 09:11 PM
Not all butter has salt in it... grease is where flavor comes from, and the oil is natural and keeps it from breaking apart. Also, butter is normally more creamy than greasy and oily, or you've got the wrong kind of butter.
Yeah, I suppose you're right. It's just hard to like cow oil, you know.

Well that's good, then.
Yup.

I'll probably put some dressing on it, if I even bother to eat it at all. I suppose I should check out this "salad"...
Oo! You should slice the steaks into thin strips, and wrap the lettuce around the steaks!

Coidzor
2013-06-26, 09:19 PM
Yeah. In fact, I suppose the only similarity between the most distant recipies must be that the share some very fundamental core idea of base components (carbon, oxygen, hydrogen... :smallwink:).

Yeah, I'm still having a hard time telling myself this. The past half year has been a pretty strong confidence boost of mine (partially thanks to all of you! *big bearhugs for all*), and I'm getting better at accepting that people actually can find me agreeable without them having to remind me every other second, but full recovery is a long and trying journey, and I still have a long way to go. On the positive side, however: The higher you climb, the better the view. :smallsmile:

It happens, most commonly near the borders (for obvious reasons), and at the larger holiday resorts, but you can generally see them at camping sites and cafés as well in the summer. The general lack of a language barrier helps a lot in this regard, and the general variety in landscape makes going to one of your neighbours for holiday quite worthwile.

Acidic... pancakes...

No, the (whipped) cream goes with the pancakes, which generally are served as a side dish to the soup. It's the traditional Thursday lunch if you look to the military or lunch restaurants.

No wonder everything is bigger in Texas...

Yeah, I have no idea of what a "stick" is for a unit of meassurement. I do think I get the idea, however...

Starch and liquid, aye.

*yay big bearhugs of d00m!* True that.

mmm *grunt of acknowledgment*

The end result pancakes aren't acidic, per se, as far as I can tell, but buttermilk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttermilk)is kind of acidic, aye. Hm. I wonder if you guys even have it or what you do with it if you don't use it in cooking... :smallconfused: Wikipedia seems to think it's at least known in Germany and Scandinavia. :/

That seems way too sweet to go with pea soup. I dunno, maybe my version of pea soup has a lot more garlic than your version. I'd associate it more with being paired with something like garlic toast rather than something sweet.

Something like that, yes. Our portion sizes have gradually crept up to absurd levels over the past 50 years or so. You've almost assuredly heard American Tourists complaining about things being too small directly or indirectly, no?

A quarter pound/8 tablespoons/0.5 cup or so. Or about the size of a large man's fist, but not the size of a man's fist who has fists the size of a ham.

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-26, 09:44 PM
Hmm... I feel like stealing the article of furniture you were resting that mandolin on. I feel I should know what to refer to it as, but all I know is I feel like flying to America and absconding with it.

And I should really learn how to cook things one of these days... Now I want steak.

Indeed. Butter is thousands of times better than margarine.

Hrm... My stepmom calls it a divider, although I'm not sure if that's the official name for it or not. I normally just call it the "thing over there". Also, you might not want to steal that particular one; the drawers don't all open correctly, and that door is being held shut by my foot in the picture.

It's not hard to make. Hell, all I did was flip 'em a few times. I spent more time playing GBA games while I was cooking than I did paying attention to the steak. Honestly, grilled steak is easy stuff to make. :smallcool:

Indubitably.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. It's just hard to like cow oil, you know.

Oo! You should slice the steaks into thin strips, and wrap the lettuce around the steaks!

Bah, I eat all sorts of other parts of cows; why not butter?

Yeah, except I already ate the steak. :smallamused: I managed to fish the lettuce off of the bottom of the bowl (it's almost pitiful how little of it there was), and grabbed a few cucumber slices. Good stuff.

A quarter pound/8 tablespoons/0.5 cup or so. Or about the size of a large man's fist, but not the size of a man's fist who has fists the size of a ham.

It's more like half the size of a man's fist... I think my hands are fairly average, and a stick of butter is certainly not as big as my fist.

LaZodiac
2013-06-26, 10:29 PM
Hello, all my lovelies! How are you all doing? My mouth is full of spicy chicken wings.

Dimonite
2013-06-26, 10:35 PM
Yes, but none of your friends are apparently bro enough to bro a bro out like that, bro-dawg or else they just don't have the bros to dawg up on you. And, fine, subsitute "fake-dating" mentally then. :smalltongue: Mr. Reasons and stuff.

They're totally bros. One of them got me Elder Scrolls: Oblivion for Christmas. It was awesome. They just aren't too big into retro games either.
And if you WANT my reasons you can have them, I'm just not going to take up valuable forum space giving reasons no one cares about. :smalltongue:

I guess I'm just weird and occasionally eat pancakes with jam that isn't scandinavian or terribly canadian either. Granted, I'm from the south so I'm not allowed to dislike blackberries.

I'm from the north and I cannot even conceive of someone not liking blackberries. It just... doesn't compute for me.

If I ever go away and then post and then Amidus doesn't even say hi to me, someone lick his nose. HARD.:smallbiggrin:

Dragonpuppy agents standing by for nose-licking. It will be adorable, but INSANELY SMELLY. :smallcool:

I had things to say at you guys, but I forgoted. :smallfrown:Something with Knee and Finn, then something with Dimo. Meh. LAZINESS.:smallcool:

Was your thing for me something to do with my new avvie, perhaps? That's the only thing I can think of that I've done lately that might be interesting to you...

Hello, all my lovelies! How are you all doing? My mouth is full of spicy chicken wings.

I'm well! How are you?
Spicy wings are the best wings. Personally, my favorites are habenero wings - they burn, but they are SO YUMMY.

Kneenibble
2013-06-26, 10:51 PM
Ovis!
http://images14.fotki.com/v219/photos/4/1440364/7764776/petBlueBudgieAussie-vi.jpg

Coidzor
2013-06-26, 10:52 PM
It's not hard to make. Hell, all I did was flip 'em a few times. I spent more time playing GBA games while I was cooking than I did paying attention to the steak. Honestly, grilled steak is easy stuff to make. :smallcool:

Indubitably.

Bah, I eat all sorts of other parts of cows; why not butter?

Yeah, except I already ate the steak. :smallamused: I managed to fish the lettuce off of the bottom of the bowl (it's almost pitiful how little of it there was), and grabbed a few cucumber slices. Good stuff.

It's more like half the size of a man's fist... I think my hands are fairly average, and a stick of butter is certainly not as big as my fist.

Yep. Start with good steak, apply heat without mucking with it, flip it once, transfer to plate and let cool for something like 3-5 minutes to steal in the juices and consume. Or consume whenever, really. It's making fine cuisine from the less choice parts of the animal that takes the skill and forms the real basis of national cuisines. Just look at Cajun, Mediterranean, various regions of Chinese cookery, hell, even Italian. I believe Sir Terry Pratchett had some lines on the subject that were quite good, but my google fu is weak.

Just so, old bean. Bully, even.

Exactly. Once you've consumed the still-beating heart of an Aurochspawn, its lifes blood ebbing into your bestial maw... What's left to get squeamish about? :smallamused:

"Steak, Liara. I think about when there's so much Steak. I ****ing love Steak!"

Several sticks together, on the other hand, can add up to the original sort of quantity I was talking about.

If I ever go away and then post and then Amidus doesn't even say hi to me, someone lick his nose. HARD.:smallbiggrin:

I am very familiar with the "mix the different batter things together" method of gluten free cooking. And your result is no fluke. A wide mix of rice and potatoe and eveny other kind of qualified thing makes deliciouuuuus foodstuffs.:smallbiggrin::smallcool:

*shrugs* *licks Ship's Nose.* *licks Amigam's nose*

I hear that using fructose and milk powder can also sort of substitute for the crystal structure one gets from using sucrose in recipes to give more structure to things that don't rely on a lot of gluten structure but rely instead on sugar for their shape. Random dad-related tidbit.

Ninetales doesn't have the Lick move. Sorry. :smalltongue:

Lickitungs, on the other hand, do. Pretty sure at least. By the way, have I mentioned that Lickitung is my spirit pokemon? :smallamused:

LaZodiac
2013-06-26, 11:40 PM
I'm well! How are you?
Spicy wings are the best wings. Personally, my favorites are habenero wings - they burn, but they are SO YUMMY.

I'm doing good. And yes, indeed they are!

Ovis!
http://images14.fotki.com/v219/photos/4/1440364/7764776/petBlueBudgieAussie-vi.jpg

D'aw, so cute!

Coidzor
2013-06-26, 11:45 PM
They're totally bros. One of them got me Elder Scrolls: Oblivion for Christmas. It was awesome. They just aren't too big into retro games either.

And if you WANT my reasons you can have them, I'm just not going to take up valuable forum space giving reasons no one cares about. :smalltongue:

I'm from the north and I cannot even conceive of someone not liking blackberries. It just... doesn't compute for me.

Ahh, that was real nice of them, aye. Still, need some retro friends. Or at least older ones. :smalltongue:

Hm. Relationship Woes and Advice Thread? Here? PM? New Thread? And how would it go to waste, really? You know what we're like, put it in the right spot and we'll react to just about anything.

Hmm. Maybe there can be peace between our two peoples in our time then.

I like mango habanero wings from BWW, aye. Though I've recently discovered bourbon-habanero hot sauce. I want to use this stuff to make buffalo sauce and make some wings so bad now. Never made wings though. :/ Might just do drumsticks instead and treat them like wings. It just seems so perfect for buffalo sauce between the heat and the bourbon element.

Mutant Sheep
2013-06-26, 11:55 PM
I too, have a "no dating because", but my because is simple.

Resolved: Bitches be crazy.
Be that
I am insane
Relationships are an investment of time and work
And that in my current school environment, I rejoice in not doing work
I will not add to my workload by dating, and
Due to the great likelihood of two insane people in a relationship not turning out well, me sparing womenfolk my charm means mankind owes me.

Edit:I am sad my attempts at indents did not work, and my Resolution/Contention hardly seems appropriate. Ah we'll, I must sleep.:smallfrown::smalltongue:

enderlord99
2013-06-26, 11:57 PM
Odd. The thread seems like it has somehow gotten shorter, all of a sudden.:smallconfused:

LaZodiac
2013-06-27, 12:07 AM
Odd. The thread seems like it has somehow gotten shorter, all of a sudden.:smallconfused:

...you know, deleting every single post you've made in a thread isn't a very practical means of...going about anything, honestly!

Coidzor
2013-06-27, 12:12 AM
Sometimes deleting a post is appropriate, but generally that's only when it's very fresh and hasn't really hit very many people yet.

When it's fallen back several pages, it's just disruptive and makes the person doing it look bad, especially if they go and call attention to it.

Own your mistakes and learn from them instead of attempting to deny that you made any mistakes.

enderlord99
2013-06-27, 12:13 AM
...you know, deleting every single post you've made in a thread isn't a very practical means of...going about anything, honestly!

Not even surreal humor?

:smalltexastoast:

Kneenibble
2013-06-27, 12:19 AM
Ooh, I support a Texas Toast emoticon!

Resolved: Bitches be crazy.
Be that
I am insane
Relationships are an investment of time and work
And that in my current school environment, I rejoice in not doing work
I will not add to my workload by dating, and
Due to the great likelihood of two insane people in a relationship not turning out well, me sparing womenfolk my charm means mankind owes me.

Edit:I am sad my attempts at indents did not work, and my Resolution/Contention hardly seems appropriate. Ah we'll, I must sleep.:smallfrown::smalltongue:

WHY YOU NO LIKE MY FLYING BUDGIE, AM I BITCHES?!?!

All of this makes sense to me. Although if you get dues from mankind for withholding your charm from womanfolk, then by George I should get some mannish dues too.

Taet
2013-06-27, 12:22 AM
One of the cats has occupied the food cabinet. He would not have fit if I had not taken the food out. This doesn't matter. He is in the food cabinet and no force will remove him.

Yes, Dimonite, please share your reasons. I like Mutant Sheep's reasons. They make me smile. Especially the part about not doing work. Especially today. I like contact from old friends as a surprise but it is the opposite of getting work done.

Has anyone here taken MegaBus lately? Do you know if they allow bikes in the luggage if they are covered and don't look like bikes?

Coidzor
2013-06-27, 12:28 AM
Not even surreal humor?

:smalltexastoast:

No, it's not really surreal humor. It's not even dadaist, really, since you went about informing us of it incorrectly.

we could do with a texas toast emote though, I'll concur.

Kneenibble
2013-06-27, 12:31 AM
Oh enderlord, you're so adorable and misunderstood. :smallbiggrin:

Oh Tight, you're so mysterious and moon-like. :smallbiggrin:

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-27, 12:39 AM
Yep. Start with good steak, apply heat without mucking with it, flip it once, transfer to plate and let cool for something like 3-5 minutes to steal in the juices and consume. Or consume whenever, really. It's making fine cuisine from the less choice parts of the animal that takes the skill and forms the real basis of national cuisines. Just look at Cajun, Mediterranean, various regions of Chinese cookery, hell, even Italian. I believe Sir Terry Pratchett had some lines on the subject that were quite good, but my google fu is weak.

*shrugs* *licks Ship's Nose.* *licks Amigam's nose*

Aye. I'd search for it myself, but I don't trust my internet. I just spent half an hour getting the damn thing to load google.

Oy, don't like mah nose. :smalltongue:

I'm so tempted to quote this... :smallamused: :smalltongue:

Coidzor
2013-06-27, 12:49 AM

This is perfect. Someone must sig this.

Kneenibble
2013-06-27, 12:50 AM
It's not the least intelligent thing I've posted here, that's for sure. :smalltongue:

Is this blackmail? I have fancy sapphires...

LaZodiac
2013-06-27, 12:52 AM
It's not the least intelligent thing I've posted here, that's for sure. :smalltongue:

Oooh, sapphires! I like sapphires! No blackmailing though, you'll eat my eyes.

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-27, 12:52 AM
This is perfect. Someone must sig this.

Someone else concurs! I'm taking it. :smallcool:

On the contrary, even; it's a pinnacle of eloquence and entendre. :smallamused:

Well, I won't put it in my regular sig if you don't want me to, but it is going in my quotebox. :smalltongue:

Coidzor
2013-06-27, 12:53 AM

If it was blackmail, there'd be more audacious things being said. :smallamused:

Aye. I'd search for it myself, but I don't trust my internet. I just spent half an hour getting the damn thing to load google.

Oy, don't like mah nose. :smalltongue:

I'm so tempted to quote this... :smallamused: :smalltongue:

I kept getting the one about Vimes' 4 food groups & the one about a poor man's boots.

I don't like it, but I did just lick it. :smallamused: Why? ...I honestly haven't the foggiest.

do eeet.

Someone else concurs! I'm taking it. :smallcool:

On the contrary, even; it's a pinnacle of eloquence and entendre. :smallamused:

Well, I won't put it in my regular sig if you don't want me to, but it is going in my quotebox. :smalltongue:

:smallbiggrin:

SO MUCH ENTENDRE! MORE ENTENDRE THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR.

aww

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-27, 01:03 AM
I don't like it, but I did just lick it. :smallamused: Why? ...I honestly haven't the foggiest.

do eeet.

SO MUCH ENTENDRE! MORE ENTENDRE THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR.

aww

I corrected my spelling but it seems I was too late. Woe is me. :smallamused:

Well, it was at the instruction of Sheep, so not making sense is pretty much par for the course. :smallamused:

THE DEED IS DONE.

I know, man; I can't even begin to guess how many different ways there are to interpret that. :smallamused: MADNESS INCARNATE! ENTENDRE EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK!

Lawful Evil. :smallwink:

Coidzor
2013-06-27, 01:13 AM
I corrected my spelling but it seems I was too late. Woe is me. :smallamused:

Well, it was at the instruction of Sheep, so not making sense is pretty much par for the course. :smallamused:

THE DEED IS DONE.

I know, man; I can't even begin to guess how many different ways there are to interpret that. :smallamused: MADNESS INCARNATE! ENTENDRE EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK!

Lawful Evil. :smallwink:

Whoa is you indeed.

Quite right, old boy.

Hurrah

Yeah, I don't know man, sometimes it's like... is entendre even worth it? ENTENDRE ON THE WALLS, ENTENDRE ON THE CEILING, ENTENDRE ON THE NEIGHBOUR'S DOG!

Evil Law. :smalltongue:

And with that vapid horse pucky of mine, I must bid ye all a bonne not. or bon nuit. Guten Nacht?!

...Goodnight, or something.

Taet
2013-06-27, 01:15 AM
I am confused. The moon has nothing to do with it. There was a regular cat in the pantry, not MoonCat. I got tired of waiting and shut the door on it so of course it then poked the door open and jumped down.

And jumped up again to a different countertop and started to lick the window.

Why.

Why does a cat ever want to lick a window? It's not like licking whatever Coidzor is licking. I don't know what that is either. The hot sauce? The wings? Amidus' nose?

Feytalist
2013-06-27, 03:07 AM

Witches Abroad.

Something about dredging up the river, cooking whatever's in it, and then making a gourmet chef burst into tears and promising to be a better person for just one more plateful.

Why do I know this

On another note, I believe cats lick whatever the hell they want, because they're the masters of the universe :smalltongue:

...and now I have that song stuck in my head.

LaZodiac
2013-06-27, 03:20 AM
Witches Abroad.

Something about dredging up the river, cooking whatever's in it, and then making a gourmet chef burst into tears and promising to be a better person for just one more plateful.

Why do I know this

On another note, I believe cats lick whatever the hell they want, because they're the masters of the universe :smalltongue:

...and now I have that song stuck in my head.

Heeeere we are, born to be kings~

Man, I liked Witches Abroad. Was a good book.

Feytalist
2013-06-27, 03:40 AM
Heeeere we are, born to be kings~

Man, I liked Witches Abroad. Was a good book.

Heheh.

You know, my mind also jumped to that. And then I realised, no, that's Princes of the Universe, and Masters of the Universe is another show :smalltongue:

Just goes to show what an earworm that song is.

So I recently started playing chess again. That would be cool and all, but I for some reason decided to start by playing against really really good players. It's enough to dent a guy's self-confidence :/

Elemental
2013-06-27, 04:34 AM
Hrm... My stepmom calls it a divider, although I'm not sure if that's the official name for it or not. I normally just call it the "thing over there". Also, you might not want to steal that particular one; the drawers don't all open correctly, and that door is being held shut by my foot in the picture.

Indubitably.

Well, I have no idea, so I suppose divider works.
Hmm... I don't really know why I decided to consider stealing it, and now that I know that I don't want to.

Clearly, you have a great deal of confidence in my cooking abilities. I, however, am considerably more realistic given that I know I cannot.

Oh, and Taet, the reason Kneenibble compared you to the Moon is that you are so mysterious and wondrous. Beneath that façade, there could be anything. For all we know, you are an eldritch creature from beyond the edge of time itself, possessed of a form inconceivable and an intellect vast beyond comprehension. Alternatively, you could just be a person who has a strange cat.

Teddy
2013-06-27, 05:26 AM
@Teddy who I no quote because wooooooork:smallfrown:

Don't worry, I know the pains of editing quotes on subpar typing devices, you're excused. Doesn't prevent me from still doing it though. Anything that's worth doing is worth overdoing...

I am very familiar with the "mix the different batter things together" method of gluten free cooking. And your result is no fluke. A wide mix of rice and potatoe and eveny other kind of qualified thing makes deliciouuuuus foodstuffs.:smallbiggrin::smallcool:

Oh, and he was allergic to potatoes too, but yeah, I think there was both rice and corn meal going into the mix, plus two more obscure varieties I've never heard of neither before nor afterwards.

Teddy is one fine looking dandelion, then.:smallwink: (Because I haven't complimented your physical appearance in -too long-:smallbiggrin:)

Actually, I was rather refering to my insecurities as dandelions, because dandelions are an invasive pest that always tries to conquer you perfectly fine garden lawns. That said, I do enjoy the beauty of a proper dandelion field out on the countryside.

And I should probably post some pictures from our latest holiday. They're most of them pretty unflattering, though, because for some reason, I seem to emanate an innate anti-camera field whenever I manage to look picturesque, but meh, you can probably stand that as well. It's probably better for the whole picture anyway.

Oh, and speaking of pictures, Y U NO POST SHEEPY PICTURES!?

Yeah. You grow up and everyone is their own unique person, and then you meet this person and your first impression of them is "I know you from somewhere... THE TE VEE.:smalleek:". Then they reveal themselves to have actual depth and you feel guilty for stereotyping, but still. First impressions wherein they act like a stereotype are bad.:smalltongue:

On the positive side, it's always fun to be positively surprised. And who knows, you may always make a friend out of it...

The end result pancakes aren't acidic, per se, as far as I can tell, but buttermilk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttermilk)is kind of acidic, aye. Hm. I wonder if you guys even have it or what you do with it if you don't use it in cooking... :smallconfused: Wikipedia seems to think it's at least known in Germany and Scandinavia. :/

Hmm, Swedish Wikipedia tells me it isn't sold in Sweden any longer, and is solely shipped to bakeries...

That seems way too sweet to go with pea soup. I dunno, maybe my version of pea soup has a lot more garlic than your version. I'd associate it more with being paired with something like garlic toast rather than something sweet.

Yeah, I don't think garlic really is much of an ingredient in our pea soup.

Something like that, yes. Our portion sizes have gradually crept up to absurd levels over the past 50 years or so. You've almost assuredly heard American Tourists complaining about things being too small directly or indirectly, no?

Not really (haven't had much contact with any American tourists), but I've heard of Swedes being shocked at how large portion sizes are abroad.

Oh Americans and your nonstandard units of measurement. :smalltongue:

Dimonite
2013-06-27, 06:34 AM
Ahh, that was real nice of them, aye. Still, need some retro friends. Or at least older ones. :smalltongue:

Well, my dad does still have a big box o' old nerd games (like Dungeon Hack and Prince of Persia) but the problem is that none of them work on modern machines.

Hm. Relationship Woes and Advice Thread? Here? PM? New Thread? And how would it go to waste, really? You know what we're like, put it in the right spot and we'll react to just about anything.

Yes, Dimonite, please share your reasons. I like Mutant Sheep's reasons. They make me smile. Especially the part about not doing work. Especially today. I like contact from old friends as a surprise but it is the opposite of getting work done.

Eh, fine, ye'll have my reasons. But be warned: they're not so lighthearted as friend sheep's.

In-depth explanation:
As many of you know, I am a theater major. As you may also know, but may not, my father was also a theater major. Over the years, he was in over 40 different performances, and from what I hear he was a fantastic actor. Note that I say "from what I hear." You see, once he got married (while still in college), my dad decided that he should go into a field that could guarantee him a job, so he added a Computer Science major in his last year of college (and ended up taking an extra year to finish it) and now works for IBM. He hasn't acted since before I was born. Now I respect his decision to get a steady job instead of taking the risk of acting for a living, and my father and I are similar enough that I know I would make the same decision. But I don't want to have to. I want to act. And I figure I might just be able to do that if I avoid the dating scene altogether.
(doesn't really fit into Relationship Woes, since there's no relationship and it's not a woe so much as a decision)

Hmm. Maybe there can be peace between our two peoples in our time then.

Aren't we already at peace? And aren't we pretty much one people? Just... some of us are more tan and have no tolerance for cold. :smalltongue:

I like mango habanero wings from BWW, aye. Though I've recently discovered bourbon-habanero hot sauce. I want to use this stuff to make buffalo sauce and make some wings so bad now. Never made wings though. :/ Might just do drumsticks instead and treat them like wings. It just seems so perfect for buffalo sauce between the heat and the bourbon element.

Well, as someone who is to young to legally have alcohol, I'll pass on the bourbon-habaneros for a couple years at least. :smalltongue:

LaZodiac
2013-06-27, 09:23 AM
Ever read a story, be a really big fan of it, and then have something happen in the story that is so...well, UNBELIEVABLY amazing that you wish you could time travel to see where it ends up?

That's just what this week's chapter of Toriko made me feel. I've mentioned it here before, but holy crap this week's chapter was exemplary.

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-27, 11:17 AM
Whoa is you indeed.

Yeah, I don't know man, sometimes it's like... is entendre even worth it? ENTENDRE ON THE WALLS, ENTENDRE ON THE CEILING, ENTENDRE ON THE NEIGHBOUR'S DOG!

Evil Law. :smalltongue:

:smalltongue:

Always. If you've got the entendre to throw around, you should make good use of it! OH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE!

:smallcool:

Well, I have no idea, so I suppose divider works.
Hmm... I don't really know why I decided to consider stealing it, and now that I know that I don't want to.

Clearly, you have a great deal of confidence in my cooking abilities. I, however, am considerably more realistic given that I know I cannot.

I mean, you might want the wood, and it's structurally sound, just... not everything on it works as it should. :smallamused:

Honestly, you don't have to be a good cook to grill steak. Seriously, I put less effort into making that than I do most sandwiches. It literally is: put on grill. Flip once or twice. Eat. It's not even the "easy" that my stepmom calls some meals, where she uses half the dishes in the kitchen and makes a giant mess of the place - it's easy enough that the guy who can barely cook pasta can make it. Give it a shot; it's not as hard as it looks. :smallwink:

Ever read a story, be a really big fan of it, and then have something happen in the story that is so...well, UNBELIEVABLY amazing that you wish you could time travel to see where it ends up?

No, but I don't really get that into things when I read them... :smalltongue:

Taet
2013-06-27, 11:57 AM
I am a person with very strange cats. This morning the cats were playing with the bed frame. That's normal because there are drawers under the bed, and opening and climbing into drawers with soft winter clothing is fun. But, again, one of them was licking something a cat has no reason to lick. The bed frame does not need washing.

Please stop splashing entendre everywhere or the licking will never stop.

Dimonite, I have a few old games too but I went ahead and bought the gog.com versions just to not have to deal with Windows emulators and old scratched CDs. Yes I also already own them and don't need to buy them twice. Just think of it as a paid emulation service.

Also it was inspiring to hear your reasons. They have inspired me to go back to the drafting table for today. See you all in the evening.

enderlord99
2013-06-27, 12:12 PM
I have a cat that licks things, too.

He once started licking the grate for an air conditioner.

We were worried he would slice his tongue open!:smalleek:

LaZodiac
2013-06-27, 12:14 PM
I am a person with very strange cats. This morning the cats were playing with the bed frame. That's normal because there are drawers under the bed, and opening and climbing into drawers with soft winter clothing is fun. But, again, one of them was licking something a cat has no reason to lick. The bed frame does not need washing.

Please stop splashing entendre everywhere or the licking will never stop.

Dimonite, I have a few old games too but I went ahead and bought the gog.com versions just to not have to deal with Windows emulators and old scratched CDs. Yes I also already own them and don't need to buy them twice. Just think of it as a paid emulation service.

Also it was inspiring to hear your reasons. They have inspired me to go back to the drafting table for today. See you all in the evening.

Cats lick things to show domination and ownership. The cat owns that bed now.

Devmaar
2013-06-27, 12:18 PM

This is one of my favourite facts.

enderlord99
2013-06-27, 12:45 PM
Why is it that you get lava when you melt rocks, but when you grind them into sand first, you get glass instead? Shouldn't you still get lava?

Teddy
2013-06-27, 01:04 PM
Why is it that you get lava when you melt rocks, but when you grind them into sand first, you get glass instead? Shouldn't you still get lava?

It doesn't work with any sand, you'll have to use the right types of sand, or you'll just end up with lava again.

Mutant Sheep
2013-06-27, 01:07 PM

Yes.:smalltongue:

Ohh, mailing me black clothes! Do Et!

#/braindead

Qwertystop
2013-06-27, 01:15 PM
It doesn't work with any sand, you'll have to use the right types of sand, or you'll just end up with lava again.

Also, you only get glass after the sand's recooled.

Coidzor
2013-06-27, 01:57 PM

Always. If you've got the entendre to throw around, you should make good use of it! OH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE!

:smallcool:

Honestly, you don't have to be a good cook to grill steak. Seriously, I put less effort into making that than I do most sandwiches. It literally is: put on grill. Flip once or twice. Eat. It's not even the "easy" that my stepmom calls some meals, where she uses half the dishes in the kitchen and makes a giant mess of the place - it's easy enough that the guy who can barely cook pasta can make it. Give it a shot; it's not as hard as it looks. :smallwink:

Pepperoni.

Yepparoonie.

:smallwink:

SRSLY. Heck, there's step-by-step instructions in one of the old Playground cookbook threads for how to grill a steak. And, also, google can bring you so many you couldn't shake a stick at all of them if you had 500 generations of offspring who dedicated their entire lives to the task.

That explains why only one ofmy cats ever tries to lick me, and that she then backs down when I boop her in the nose and lick her right back.

Makes it more hazy when two of them start licking eachother. Maybe I just have lesbian cats? :smallconfused:

Ceramics be a harsh mistress, arrgh. Don't forget about artificial gemstones either.

Though I believe Materials Engineering deals with questions like that.

LaZodiac
2013-06-27, 02:01 PM
That explains why only one ofmy cats ever tries to lick me, and that she then backs down when I boop her in the nose and lick her right back.

Makes it more hazy when two of them start licking eachother. Maybe I just have lesbian cats? :smallconfused:

Acknowldging themselves as equals. Dogs sniff butts, people handshake, cats lick each other.

Coidzor
2013-06-27, 02:01 PM
Well, my dad does still have a big box o' old nerd games (like Dungeon Hack and Prince of Persia) but the problem is that none of them work on modern machines.

Eh, fine, ye'll have my reasons. But be warned: they're not so lighthearted as friend sheep's.

In-depth explanation:
As many of you know, I am a theater major. As you may also know, but may not, my father was also a theater major. Over the years, he was in over 40 different performances, and from what I hear he was a fantastic actor. Note that I say "from what I hear." You see, once he got married (while still in college), my dad decided that he should go into a field that could guarantee him a job, so he added a Computer Science major in his last year of college (and ended up taking an extra year to finish it) and now works for IBM. He hasn't acted since before I was born. Now I respect his decision to get a steady job instead of taking the risk of acting for a living, and my father and I are similar enough that I know I would make the same decision. But I don't want to have to. I want to act. And I figure I might just be able to do that if I avoid the dating scene altogether.
(doesn't really fit into Relationship Woes, since there's no relationship and it's not a woe so much as a decision)

Aren't we already at peace? And aren't we pretty much one people? Just... some of us are more tan and have no tolerance for cold. :smalltongue:

Well, as someone who is to young to legally have alcohol, I'll pass on the bourbon-habaneros for a couple years at least. :smalltongue:

Not even via DOSbox? Granted, if you're doing that way it'd probably be simpler and less of a potential headache to just get the cheap, digital forms.

Hmm... formulating a reaction...

Nope. Surely you've heard about the places in the South where they're still fighting the Civil War. :smalltongue: Though you are right, some of us do look like we're from Ohio and some of us look like we're from Canadia, and then some of us do not.

...You do understand how alcohol and the cooking process interact, right? :smallconfused:

Acknowldging themselves as equals. Dogs sniff butts, people handshake, cats lick each other.

That's weird, they're mother and daughter, those can't be equals, can they? Gah, I can never remember kitty social hierarchies properly.

Hmm, Swedish Wikipedia tells me it isn't sold in Sweden any longer, and is solely shipped to bakeries...

Yeah, I don't think garlic really is much of an ingredient in our pea soup.

Not really (haven't had much contact with any American tourists), but I've heard of Swedes being shocked at how large portion sizes are abroad.

Oh Americans and your nonstandard units of measurement. :smalltongue:

Ah, sounds like the general public has lost out then. :smallfrown: Poor Emprah Teddums, it looks like he'll never know the joys of buttermlik without having to leave his homeland and go aviking. It really is great for cooking with. I'm surprised that there's that few people who bake at home or as hobbyists that they stopped selling it, and even for Scandinavia it doesn't make sense that they'd ban it from being used by the general public but still allow it to be used in industrial and commercial food production. :smallconfused:

But it's such a natural flavor combination! Like that fancy French version with the long name because they add in other vegetables like lettuce and maybe watercress. :smallfrown: What kind of flavor does it go for then? Unseasoned peas? :smallconfused::smalleek:

Ah, guess you've lucked out then.

It's quite standard. In America (http://youtu.be/YffOzO9oqdA?t=1m15s). :smalltongue:

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-27, 02:12 PM
SRSLY. Heck, there's step-by-step instructions in one of the old Playground cookbook threads for how to grill a steak. And, also, google can bring you so many you couldn't shake a stick at all of them if you had 500 generations of offspring who dedicated their entire lives to the task.

Indeed. Like bacon, it's really easy to cook, and tastes awesome. :smallcool:

Hahahaha :smallbiggrin:

Nope. Surely you've heard about the places in the South where they're still fighting the Civil War. :smalltongue: Though you are right, some of us do look like we're from Ohio and some of us look like we're from Canadia, and then some of us do not.

It's quite standard. In America. :smalltongue:

Yep. That's the mindset around here. :smallamused:

Yeah, SI stands for "standard imperial", right? :smalltongue:

Teddy
2013-06-27, 02:56 PM
Ah, sounds like the general public has lost out then. :smallfrown: Poor Emprah Teddums, it looks like he'll never know the joys of buttermlik without having to leave his homeland and go aviking. It really is great for cooking with. I'm surprised that there's that few people who bake at home or as hobbyists that they stopped selling it, and even for Scandinavia it doesn't make sense that they'd ban it from being used by the general public but still allow it to be used in industrial and commercial food production. :smallconfused:

Yeah, not banned, I just think they lost their customer base. Seeing how many suggestions Wikipedia gives me for substitutes, I'm not surprised, really...

But it's such a natural flavor combination! Like that fancy French version with the long name because they add in other vegetables like lettuce and maybe watercress. :smallfrown: What kind of flavor does it go for then? Unseasoned peas? :smallconfused::smalleek:

Let's see, it's peas, and ham, and generally eaten with mustard. I don't really know much more about the ingredients, though, seeing how we've never had it at home...

Also, putting garlic in it would just clash horribly with the pancakes. :smallwink:

It's quite standard. In America (http://youtu.be/YffOzO9oqdA?t=1m15s). :smalltongue:

Heh, I've partially come to regard America as some remote reservation for zealots and other crackpots, so anything In America can safely be disregarded as kook and nonsense. :smallwink:

That said, I have a number of wildly different mental pictures of America. They're so strongly separated from eachother that they might as well be different countries alltogether...

TaiLiu
2013-06-27, 03:22 PM
Lickitungs, on the other hand, do. Pretty sure at least. By the way, have I mentioned that Lickitung is my spirit pokemon? :smallamused:
You did not.

A most amusing poem, comrade.

...My research says that Texas Toast is just a really thick slice of bread.

So I recently started playing chess again. That would be cool and all, but I for some reason decided to start by playing against really really good players. It's enough to dent a guy's self-confidence :/
If it makes you feel better, you would probably trounce me. I just know how the pieces move; nothing more.

In-depth explanation:
It's not as amusing, I suppose.

I am a person with very strange cats.

I have a cat that licks things, too.

Maybe I just have lesbian cats? :smallconfused:

Huh. Does everyone here have cats?

enderlord99
2013-06-27, 03:29 PM
...My research says that Texas Toast is just a really thick slice of bread.

Actually, it's cheesy garlic bread.

TaiLiu
2013-06-27, 03:33 PM
Actually, it's cheesy garlic bread.
I knew I should have read the entire article.

Devmaar
2013-06-27, 03:35 PM

Well I know I do

Teddy
2013-06-27, 04:02 PM

I actually don't (we don't have any pets at all, in fact, unless you count the wolf spiders), but that only means I can enjoy the company of cousines' cats even more. Or the nigh uncountable neighbourhood cats, for that matter...

Dimonite
2013-06-27, 04:29 PM
Not even via DOSbox? Granted, if you're doing that way it'd probably be simpler and less of a potential headache to just get the cheap, digital forms.

I'm a broke college student! Even at cheap prices, I likely can't afford them. :smalltongue:

I had not heard that, no. But I suppose I'm more inclined than most to think of the north and south as one entity due to my rich Alabama uncles.

...You do understand how alcohol and the cooking process interact, right? :smallconfused:

Not even slightly. :smalltongue:
(But at least I cop to it!)

enderlord99
2013-06-27, 04:44 PM

The alcohol boils away, but tastes like it's still there.

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-27, 04:54 PM

I do.

I had not heard that, no. But I suppose I'm more inclined than most to think of the north and south as one entity due to my rich Alabama uncles.

Well, it's more a mentality than actual fighting but yeah, it's still there.

The general idea is that a significant portion of the alcohol cooks off, because it has a much lower boiling point than water does. You do have to cook things fairly hot to get it all out, but if you're cooking meat all the way through, that's not really a problem. It leaves the flavor, without making the food alcoholic.

Coidzor
2013-06-27, 05:30 PM
Yeah, not banned, I just think they lost their customer base. Seeing how many suggestions Wikipedia gives me for substitutes, I'm not surprised, really...

Let's see, it's peas, and ham, and generally eaten with mustard. I don't really know much more about the ingredients, though, seeing how we've never had it at home...

Also, putting garlic in it would just clash horribly with the pancakes. :smallwink:

Heh, I've partially come to regard America as some remote reservation for zealots and other crackpots, so anything In America can safely be disregarded as kook and nonsense. :smallwink:

That said, I have a number of wildly different mental pictures of America. They're so strongly separated from eachother that they might as well be different countries alltogether...

I've never quite run into a good substitute for buttermilk for baking with, I must admit, all of the proposed substitutes are lacking that je ne sais quoi which makes it worth using. As a beverage on the other hand, well, I can see why gaining some measure of actual refrigeration technology available to the public would cut down on its consumption in favor of, say, raw milk or pasteurized milk.

Mustard on the side, mustard added at the table? :smallconfused: Ours is peas, ham, garlic/onion/black pepper for seasoning as a baseline, IIRC. I think sometimes the soup is cut with some form of dairy as part of the cooking process, but not really eaten with it as a side.

Which aren't supposed to be sweet anyway, but you're putting sweet whipped cream on them in order to eat them with pea soup. Or else you guys don't include sweetening as part of the process of making whipped cream, but then there's the second point of confusion in the form of creaminess while eating pancakes and pea soup flavored with ham and mustard. :smallconfused:

You could probably reach the character limit for posts just listing out what all we have in this one country.

The country is about the size of the continent of Europe, I believe, 3.794 million sq miles (9.827 million km²) vs 3.931 million sq miles (10.18 million km²).

The general idea is that a significant portion of the alcohol cooks off, because it has a much lower boiling point than water does. You do have to cook things fairly hot to get it all out, but if you're cooking meat all the way through, that's not really a problem. It leaves the flavor, without making the food alcoholic.

And if one is too scared to deal with trace amounts of alcohol left from cooking with minute quantities (*le gasp*) then they even sell flavor extracts for the faint of heart.

I'm a broke college student! Even at cheap prices, I likely can't afford them. :smalltongue:

Being a broke college student is the mother of invention. :smallwink: Besides, you just said you have a treasure trove of stuff that you could try to make work using DOS emulators and the like.

huh

Let's just say that there's two kinds of rumballs and only one can make you drunk after you've gorged yourself on them enough to make yourself sick from the quantity of food alone.

You did not.

Well, now you know, I suppose.

A majority of us, likely, if not, then probably a plurality.

Teddy
2013-06-27, 06:17 PM
I've never quite run into a good substitute for buttermilk for baking with, I must admit, all of the proposed substitutes are lacking that je ne sais quoi which makes it worth using. As a beverage on the other hand, well, I can see why gaining some measure of actual refrigeration technology available to the public would cut down on its consumption in favor of, say, raw milk or pasteurized milk.

Who said it had to be a good substitute? For as long as people won't have to throw away half a package of a too niched ingredient because they bake all too seldom, they'll accept it.

Mustard on the side, mustard added at the table? :smallconfused: Ours is peas, ham, garlic/onion/black pepper for seasoning as a baseline, IIRC. I think sometimes the soup is cut with some form of dairy as part of the cooking process, but not really eaten with it as a side.

Mustard added at the table. I don't really know what it's supposed to achieve, because I dislike mustard in general, but that's how it's usually eaten.

Which aren't supposed to be sweet anyway, but you're putting sweet whipped cream on them in order to eat them with pea soup. Or else you guys don't include sweetening as part of the process of making whipped cream, but then there's the second point of confusion in the form of creaminess while eating pancakes and pea soup flavored with ham and mustard. :smallconfused:

Sweetening the whipped cream? That's only for the desserts. And I suppose you'll have to experience it yourself if you are to make sense of it...

You could probably reach the character limit for posts just listing out what all we have in this one country.

All kook or all anything? :smallconfused:

The country is about the size of the continent of Europe, I believe, 3.794 million sq miles (9.827 million km²) vs 3.931 million sq miles (10.18 million km²).

Yeah, except it's a little like thinking "all Europeans are German" and "all Europeans are French" at the same time. :smallwink:

Elemental
2013-06-27, 08:15 PM
I mean, you might want the wood, and it's structurally sound, just... not everything on it works as it should. :smallamused:

Hmm... Sounds like a lot of furniture then.

But I don't even count as a bad cook I'm that terrible. However, if you people think that I can do it, then I'll think about it. I just need to convince my Mum to let me try.

That's weird, they're mother and daughter, those can't be equals, can they? Gah, I can never remember kitty social hierarchies properly.

It's one of the ways cats show close familial bonds.

Just the one, and she doesn't do anything.
Oh, and plus a stray who's slowly getting more comfortable around me, I give it a month or two and I'll be able to pat him.

Taet
2013-06-27, 08:31 PM
Something I know! You need a flux in the mix for making glass. That's something to keep it from bunching up and making grains again once the sand cools. If you get a natural flux in the lava, it cools into obsidian instead of rock. It's not exactly right to say that flux keeps melted stuff liquid but it's close enough.

The theory about cats licking to own explains so much. Although I will add that this cat will lick me when I have delayed feeding it wet food. That is no mystery. That's a taste test. :(

TaiLiu
2013-06-27, 08:51 PM
I do.

A majority of us, likely, if not, then probably a plurality.

Just the one, and she doesn't do anything.
Oh, and plus a stray who's slowly getting more comfortable around me, I give it a month or two and I'll be able to pat him.
Yup. Plenty of cats.

Well, now you know, I suppose.
I do. So, does the spirit float around you, or...?

LaZodiac
2013-06-27, 10:15 PM
I have a dog! It's a sheetzu, but not spelt that way since the dog breed isn't classified as something that is okay in regards to the censors, which I find funny.

enderlord99
2013-06-27, 10:25 PM
Typing "shi'tzu" is perfectly possible on this forum. You probably just misplaced the apostrophe... unless I'm mistaken, and did so myself...

Coidzor
2013-06-27, 10:29 PM
I have a dog! It's a sheetzu, but not spelt that way since the dog breed isn't classified as something that is okay in regards to the censors, which I find funny.

How does dog like arctic land?

I do. So, does the spirit float around you, or...?

If you're hallucinating mudkips, I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems, but a poke ain't mon.

Rawhide
2013-06-27, 10:30 PM

Why would the censors block "Shih Tzu"?

TaiLiu
2013-06-27, 10:32 PM
If you're hallucinating mudkips, I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems, but a poke ain't mon.
A reference, I think. I like the pun at the end.

A variant spelling, perhaps?

Coidzor
2013-06-27, 10:34 PM
A reference, I think. I like the pun at the end.

99 Problems, but then, you do apparently have an irrational hatred of music. :smallconfused:

Try it out as one word and I'm sure you'll see how that could happen.

Rawhide
2013-06-27, 10:37 PM

No variants listed on Wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shih_Tzu

Try it out as one word and I'm sure you'll see how that could happen.

Shihtzu?

TaiLiu
2013-06-27, 10:46 PM
99 Problems, but then, you do apparently have an irrational hatred of music. :smallconfused:
It's... It's not irrational.

No variants listed on Wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shih_Tzu
Bah.

enderlord99
2013-06-27, 10:51 PM
Shihtzu?

It's only blocked when you get rid of the bold letter (which people often do) and forget to replace it with either a hyphen or an apostrophe.

But then, that's to be expected.

...There's got to be some sort of story here...

LaZodiac
2013-06-27, 11:01 PM

:redface:

I didn't know it was spelt that way...

TaiLiu
2013-06-27, 11:16 PM
...There's got to be some sort of story here...
There isn't, really.

Coidzor
2013-06-27, 11:27 PM
There isn't, really.

Darn, you'd gotten my hopes up. :/ It really is so bizarre to me that I had to keep from poking and prodding and trying to vivisect your brain on the matter the first time it came up.

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-27, 11:27 PM
Hmm... Sounds like a lot of furniture then.

But I don't even count as a bad cook I'm that terrible. However, if you people think that I can do it, then I'll think about it. I just need to convince my Mum to let me try.

It's pretty heavy, aye. I'm glad I haven't had to move the thing.

Come on, you can't be that bad.

If you disliked certain kinds of music, I'd say that's not irrational. But having a blanket dislike for all music strikes me as a bit silly. I'm having trouble coming up with a metaphor for what I'm trying to say that makes sense...

ION: Saw Na'ir Al Saif, Infirmary, and Savage Kenny - the show rocked. The same guy drummed for the Na'ir Al Saif and Savage Kenny, so he was dead tired when they finished their set. (and Robin convinced 'em to play The Trooper right after that, too). \m/(>w<)\m/

Midnight's a good time to eat dinner, right? :smallamused:

enderlord99
2013-06-27, 11:28 PM
There isn't, really.

Do you like any sort of sound?

Coidzor
2013-06-27, 11:30 PM
It's pretty heavy, aye. I'm glad I haven't had to move the thing.

If you disliked certain kinds of music, I'd say that's not irrational. But having a blanket dislike for all music strikes me as a bit silly. I'm having trouble coming up with a metaphor for what I'm trying to say that makes sense...

ION: Saw Na'ir Al Saif, Infirmary, and Savage Kenny - the show rocked. The same guy drummed for the Na'ir Al Saif and Savage Kenny, so he was dead tired when they finished their set. (and Robin convinced 'em to play The Trooper right after that, too). \m/(>w<)\m/

Moving Furniture is just about the worst thing I've had to do by myself, I must admit.

If you can avoid killing people while following the instructions in Chemistry Class, you can learn to cook and can follow a recipe, even if you do have to go on youtube in order to actually see how certain techniques are physically done or consult reference material to understand certain terms. The Internet is powerful tool in this regard, after all.

It's like finding a person who just plain lacks a component of what one had thought was part of what made human beings people. And even more jarring than when people discover that asexual people exist and react badly.

On the bright side, it sounds like he worked off his drinking for the next two nights. :smallamused: Also, like fun.

That's when I ate dinner.

TaiLiu
2013-06-27, 11:38 PM
Darn, you'd gotten my hopes up. :/ It really is so bizarre to me that I had to keep from poking and prodding and trying to vivisect your brain on the matter the first time it came up.
What, did you suspect it to be a traumatic event? :smalltongue:

I usually don't like noise.

Do you like any sort of sound?
Sure. I like the sound chickens make.

enderlord99
2013-06-27, 11:42 PM
Sure. I like the sound chickens make.

Well, the term "music" is rather arbitrary. Chicken-sounds could be considered music just as much as anything else. Saying "I like chicken-sounds, but not music" is like saying "I like water, but not chemicals."

Water is a chemical: H2O.

TaiLiu
2013-06-27, 11:46 PM
Well, the term "music" is rather arbitrary. Chicken-sounds could be considered music just as much as anything else.
I suppose. It would be more exact to say that I dislike human music, then.

enderlord99
2013-06-28, 12:15 AM

What about simple conversation? Do you only ever communicate in a visual manner? Because the difference between "talking" and "singing" is pretty much nonexistent.

Similarities, on the other hand, do exist.

They're called "poetry."

LaZodiac
2013-06-28, 12:19 AM

Interesting...how would you classify something as human music?

Does Hatebeak (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYeximOhaUk), a band that has a parrot do the lead vocals for their band, count as human or avian music?

Sorry if I'm prying, I've just never heard of someone not liking music before.

TaiLiu
2013-06-28, 12:23 AM
What about simple conversation? Do you only ever communicate in a visual manner?
Oh, no; that's not possible. I usually stay silent, and maybe nod once in a while.

They're called "poetry."
I like it, as long as it isn't sung aloud.

Oh? I had a comrade who disliked music also; I assumed it was uncommon, but not unheard of...

enderlord99
2013-06-28, 12:23 AM
Interesting...how would you classify something as human music?

Does Hatebeak (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYeximOhaUk), a band that has a parrot do the lead vocals for their band, count as human or avian music?

Human. It's kind of obvious.

LaZodiac
2013-06-28, 01:49 AM
Oh? I had a comrade who disliked music also; I assumed it was uncommon, but not unheard of...

It's not uncommon to dislike SOME music, but not all of it :smalltongue:

Teddy
2013-06-28, 02:22 AM
How does dog like arctic land?

Seeing how long-haired they can be, probably just fine. Sled dogs are a thing, after all (even though I doubt the shih tzu is one).

Well, the term "music" is rather arbitrary. Chicken-sounds could be considered music just as much as anything else. Saying "I like chicken-sounds, but not music" is like saying "I like water, but not chemicals."

Water is a chemical: H2O.

I don't think any sound qualifies as music, just as not any object qualifies as art. The definitions vary, just as for art, but a general criterium is that you need to follow a beat. There are musicians who don't, but they're generaly concidered experimental...

Feytalist
2013-06-28, 02:45 AM
I don't think any sound qualifies as music, just as not any object qualifies as art. The definitions vary, just as for art, but a general criterium is that you need to follow a beat. There are musicians who don't, but they're generaly concidered experimental...

Experimental, sure, but there are whole genres of music exploring just that. Starting with industrial, all the way up to noise, power electronics, and even field recordings. The Symphonies of the Planets series, for instance, is considered music even though it's just a bunch of electromagnetic waves from space converted into sound (as an aside, it's surprisingly beautiful).

Also, I just got back my exam results. I passed! One step closer to qualification, yeah baby.

LaZodiac
2013-06-28, 02:58 AM
Speaking if experiments, Mom has discovered how to make slushies at home! We're still working out the kinks, but we've got the taste down 100%

mistformsquirrl
2013-06-28, 04:08 AM
I'm alive <x,x> I have been decidedly way too sick for the past couple days. Yech.

Rawhide
2013-06-28, 04:38 AM
Speaking if experiments, Mom has discovered how to make slushies at home! We're still working out the kinks, but we've got the taste down 100%

Make yourself a Midori avalanche.

Feytalist
2013-06-28, 06:23 AM
I'm alive <x,x> I have been decidedly way too sick for the past couple days. Yech.

While everyone else around me were keeling over from the flu, I myself have steadfastly refused to get sick. I feel like a bastion of health.

But being sick sucks, especially if you know you have work to complete right the hell now. But your body is all like "no, let me be! and also, where's my blanky"

Anyway, good luck. Here, have some of my leftover health.

Uhm, I'll carrier pigeon it to you.

Devmaar
2013-06-28, 07:09 AM

Perfectly reasonable.

If you can avoid killing people while following the instructions in Chemistry Class, you can learn to cook and can follow a recipe, even if you do have to go on youtube in order to actually see how certain techniques are physically done or consult reference material to understand certain terms. The Internet is powerful tool in this regard, after all.

The BBC Food website links to guides on techniques whenever they come up in recipes.

Also, I just got back my exam results. I passed! One step closer to qualification, yeah baby.

Congratulations! :smallbiggrin:

LaZodiac
2013-06-28, 08:08 AM
Make yourself a Midori avalanche.

No idea what that is Rawhide. The only result I'm getting is someone from a shojo anime.

Feytalist
2013-06-28, 09:30 AM
No idea what that is Rawhide. The only result I'm getting is someone from a shojo anime.

Midori Avalanche (http://www.barfinder.com.au/cocktaildetails.php3?cocktailid=125):

Ingredients: 30ml Midori, 30ml Blue Curacao, 15ml Triple Sec, pineapple juice

Mixing Instructions: Build over ice. Top with pineapple juice and garnish with pineapple wedge.

Sounds delicious.

LaZodiac
2013-06-28, 10:38 AM
Midori Avalanche (http://www.barfinder.com.au/cocktaildetails.php3?cocktailid=125):

Sounds delicious.

I still haven't ever drunk any booze, so I'm not sure on this :smalltongue:

Coidzor
2013-06-28, 10:46 AM
I still haven't ever drunk any booze, so I'm not sure on this :smalltongue:

Don't worry. It sounds delicious.

The BBC Food website links to guides on techniques whenever they come up in recipes.

That's a nice integrated system there. Really about time someone was doing that. :smallsmile:

LaZodiac
2013-06-28, 10:58 AM
Hey so does anyone else have Magic 2014? I do! Sealed mode is pretty fun, but my first deck was kind of poop, kind of. I think it's okay I'm just not a big fan of how red green plays. Second deck isn't finished yet but it's a rather good blue black deck and I like it a lot but then I'm also a blue/any other colour person so...there you go!

Kneenibble
2013-06-28, 11:08 AM
Experimental, sure, but there are whole genres of music exploring just that. Starting with industrial, all the way up to noise, power electronics, and even field recordings. The Symphonies of the Planets series, for instance, is considered music even though it's just a bunch of electromagnetic waves from space converted into sound (as an aside, it's surprisingly beautiful).

In my eyes, you're qualified for anything. :smallamused:

I love the Symphonies of the Planets recordings. My favourite is Jupiter -- it makes me feel like I'm in a different world full of benevolent supercreatures.

Could you please make me a port slushie?

Feytalist
2013-06-28, 11:24 AM

I love the Symphonies of the Planets recordings. My favourite is Jupiter -- it makes me feel like I'm in a different world full of benevolent supercreatures.

You smooth talker you. :smallwink:

I'm a sucker for mood music, and the whole collection is just so amazingly calming. Makes me feel as if I'm floating in a deep dark void of something incredibly gigantic, but - as you say - benevolent.

Sacrilege, that is! Port should be had in the dead of winter, warmed only by the massive fireplace you're currently staring into.

LaZodiac
2013-06-28, 11:35 AM

Port's a kind of booze, right? I'm not sure if this method works for beer, buuuut...

Shake it up really really hard, put it in the freeze for about three hours, then take it out, crack the top open and quickly turn it upside down. It'll turn to slushie.

Devmaar
2013-06-28, 11:38 AM

Sounds delicious.

Yeah it does *covets*

Don't worry. It sounds delicious.

That's a nice integrated system there. Really about time someone was doing that. :smallsmile:

Yeah it does *covets*

The beeb has a good web service in general, though watching live tv requires a UK IP (I think)

Taet
2013-06-28, 11:46 AM
It does. The BBC had to block more now because they were losing too much bandwidth with one particular show and too many virtual IPs watching it.

It's interesting to think what makes music. I agree with the beat but right now that is because I hear my own beat right now kind of loud. It's not painful but it is hard to think. Must have hit my head harder than I thought yesterday.

Coidzor
2013-06-28, 01:34 PM
Port's a kind of booze, right? I'm not sure if this method works for beer, buuuut...

Shake it up really really hard, put it in the freeze for about three hours, then take it out, crack the top open and quickly turn it upside down. It'll turn to slushie.

Wine, so only by the broader of the two meanings of the term. Ye wouldn't want a beer slushie anyway.

Mutant Sheep
2013-06-28, 02:18 PM

All of this makes sense to me. Although if you get dues from mankind for withholding your charm from womanfolk, then by George I should get some mannish dues too.Texas Tea...

I still have no real idea of how to respond to this. :smalltongue: (The budgie looked more seductive-dancing, than flyer)

I meant it more in the after affects of a crazy-on-loony relationship ravaging the globe. By avoiding one, I save the world. Saving the world means excuse for free stuff.:smalltongue: (I can only laugh at the three ways of interpreting that sentence :smallamused:)

@Tai: Tit 'twas no poem, it was a statement put into a format of debate. I don't know how they actually set up the form, so that's why the spacing and thebAnds were all lined badly.:smalltongue: (Also, I wanted to find a way to say "bitches be crazy" in a mostly non-non sequitur.:smallbiggrin:)

Also, moosic is awesome. Y u no like moosic? :smallfrown:

I'm alive <x,x> I have been decidedly way too sick for the past couple days. Yech.Yay aliveness?:smallconfused::smallsmile:

@teeds:Oh ohhhh, can you name/describe all the American stereotypes you know?:smalltongue: AM I ONE OF THEM?!!?:smallbiggrin:

(Other responses should be here but I HUNGRY)

Teddy
2013-06-28, 02:27 PM
@teeds:Oh ohhhh, can you name/describe all the American stereotypes you know?:smalltongue: AM I ONE OF THEM?!!?:smallbiggrin:

No, you're not one of them. Except possibly the "uneducated philistines which can't spell correctly" one. :smallwink::smalltongue:

Most of them are rather unflattering, but that's kind of the point of most stereotypes to start with, so hey. I'm not sure I want to waste my time figuring out which they are and listing them, though. Spending time suppressing them doesn't really help putting them in working memory, if you get my drift. And I want to play Master of Orion.

Kneenibble
2013-06-28, 02:33 PM
You smooth talker you. :smallwink:

I'm a sucker for mood music, and the whole collection is just so amazingly calming. Makes me feel as if I'm floating in a deep dark void of something incredibly gigantic, but - as you say - benevolent.

Sacrilege, that is! Port should be had in the dead of winter, warmed only by the massive fireplace you're currently staring into.

Tee hee. :smallsmile: I also enjoy mood music, something unstructured and gentle and amelodic. It unhitches my mind better than silence.

That is truly a fine environ for port. There could be a Dr. Seuss poem written about all the times and places I would gladly drink it, however: for I am a hummingbird, who requires such nectars at all times to stay alive.

Mutant Sheep
2013-06-28, 02:40 PM
No, you're not one of them. Except possibly the "uneducated philistines which can't spell correctly" one. :smallwink::smalltongue:

Most of them are rather unflattering, but that's kind of the point of most stereotypes to start with, so hey. I'm not sure I want to waste my time figuring out which they are and listing them, though. Spending time suppressing them doesn't really help putting them in working memory, if you get my drift. And I want to play Master of Orion.

Yay?:smallbiggrin:

Oh, do that instead! I will be thinking about my European stereotypes as I food.:smallamused:

Don't worry, I know the pains of editing quotes on subpar typing devices, you're excused. Doesn't prevent me from still doing it though. Anything that's worth doing is worth overdoing...

Oh, and he was allergic to potatoes too, but yeah, I think there was both rice and corn meal going into the mix, plus two more obscure varieties I've never heard of neither before nor afterwards.Horray excusement! (Anything that I do, I felt like doing, and therefore is exactly how it should be.:smallamused:)

Oh god that must suck. I forgot to mention corn, but yeah, that's in everything too. Not just the everything-everything, my everything everything!:smallannoyed:

Actually, I was rather refering to my insecurities as dandelions, because dandelions are an invasive pest that always tries to conquer you perfectly fine garden lawns. That said, I do enjoy the beauty of a proper dandelion field out on the countryside.

And I should probably post some pictures from our latest holiday. They're most of them pretty unflattering, though, because for some reason, I seem to emanate an innate anti-camera field whenever I manage to look picturesque, but meh, you can probably stand that as well. It's probably better for the whole picture anyway.And I took your metaphorical dandylion-ness and used it to compliment you. Hahaha haha.:smalltongue: (your perfectly fine garden lawns, which are covered in snow 24/7/9?:smalltongue:)

I do that. But you seem to also have a "good looking" thingey. Mine are just "augh mah face" or "eww".:smalltongue:

Oh, and speaking of pictures, Y U NO POST SHEEPY PICTURES!?

On the positive side, it's always fun to be positively surprised. And who knows, you may always make a friend out of it...

Because bad at pictures.:smallfrown: And because AT being the only one who knowsith is fun. (It'd take maybe 20 minutes to find one of me, and that's definitely on the "don't know computers" kind of finding a pic of me. I bet August and his Internet ninja powers could conjure one, but meh. Anyone could. It's collective laziness, and no one actually wanting to know that badly.:smalltongue:)

Indeed. Fine people, most every-body.:smallwink:

I laughed at this, just because "Swedish Wikipedia" sounds really silly to me. The contributors are all Swedish Fish, and trolls write the articles in some weird Austrian accent...:smallamused:

Deathkeeper
2013-06-28, 02:49 PM
Ooh, new topic I never posted in. I'll do that now.
Wait, there has to be a point to my post. Uh...I'm bored at work again. And tonight I'm going to a pirate loot exhibit.

Mutant Sheep
2013-06-28, 02:51 PM
Wait, there has to be a point to my post. Uh...I'm bored at work again. And tonight I'm going to a pirate loot exhibit.Posty post post, giant checkmark now a thing!:smalltongue:

Your going to loot a pirate exhibit?:smalltongue: Bring friends, or you can't pillage right!:smallbiggrin:

Kneenibble
2013-06-28, 02:59 PM
By the way, hello Devmaarius. You became scarce for a time.

It's interesting to think what makes music. I agree with the beat but right now that is because I hear my own beat right now kind of loud. It's not painful but it is hard to think. Must have hit my head harder than I thought yesterday.

I read an aesthetics article a few years ago about music as creating virtual time, compared with visual art as creating virtual space. That was more about what music is, than what is music.

Sometimes my heart races at night and I think I hear footsteps, which makes it race more.

Wine, so only by the broader of the two meanings of the term. Ye wouldn't want a beer slushie anyway.

I bet rum and coke would make a grand slush. Also yes, I don't think it dignified to call port "booze." In spite of my guzzling it as swill, it is worthy of the sort of romantic usage that Fremen Feytalist ascribes.

Texas Tea...
...sweetener

I still have no real idea of how to respond to this. :smalltongue: (The budgie looked more seductive-dancing, than flyer)

I meant it more in the after affects of a crazy-on-loony relationship ravaging the globe. By avoiding one, I save the world. Saving the world means excuse for free stuff.:smalltongue: (I can only laugh at the three ways of interpreting that sentence :smallamused:)

Tee hee. :smallsmile: I have budgie honeypots in the field as well as budgie agents, you know.

But think, you could write a Strindberg play about it afterwards!

I laughed at this, just because "Swedish Wikipedia" sounds really silly to me. The contributors are all Swedish Fish, and trolls write the articles in some weird Austrian accent...:smallamused:

Form
2013-06-28, 03:24 PM
Wait, there has to be a point to my post. Uh...I'm bored at work again. And tonight I'm going to a pirate loot exhibit.

Pirate loot exhibit? I didn't think there was such a thing. I'm kind of curious whether it'll be more than just ancient gold and jewels now.

Devmaar
2013-06-28, 03:41 PM

I bet rum and coke would make a grand slush. Also yes, I don't think it dignified to call port "booze." In spite of my guzzling it as swill, it is worthy of the sort of romantic usage that Fremen Feytalist ascribes.

Hello, the conversation just went in directions where I hadn't much to say.

Yes. Yes it would. That would be nice.

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-28, 03:42 PM

You should tell us about this pie-rat exhibit once you've seen it. :smallcool:

I read an aesthetics article a few years ago about music as creating virtual time, compared with visual art as creating virtual space. That was more about what music is, than what is music.

That sounds pretty interesting... do you, by chance, still have the article? (or know where I could find it?)

Kneenibble
2013-06-28, 03:58 PM
That sounds pretty interesting... do you, by chance, still have the article? (or know where I could find it?)

It was published in a volume of essays... "Art and Aesthetics"? "Philosophy and Art"? Let me look for it in the dusty chaos of my library. It had a grey cover with blue writing, which I can picture perfectly except for the actual words.

Mutant Sheep
2013-06-28, 04:04 PM

Sometimes my heart races at night and I think I hear footsteps, which makes it race more.He dided! Speaking of, hi Dev!:smalltongue:

No idea what that means.:smallamused::smallbiggrin:

At first, I was all "you don't hear footsteps?" and then I realized Knee is oldling.:smalltongue:

...sweetener

Tee hee. :smallsmile: I have budgie honeypots in the field as well as budgie agents, you know.

But think, you could write a Strindberg play about it afterwards!

:smallbiggrin:French Port? Imported port?:smalltongue:

Do Texans even drink tea?:smallconfused: Hey Teddy, do they in Swedish-version of Texas?:smalltongue: (Remind me to try to list my stereotypes. Some of them overlap, and I'm probably skipping Belgium, (and any -Anita's due to not knowing them at all), but I can totally say offensive stereotypes of Frenchmen and Russians and Austrians!:smallbiggrin:)

*wanders around field, trips over one such pot, covered in honey*

True, but I don't think it'd be worth creating Fallout 4.:smalltongue:

It just sounds silly to me! Swedish Wikipedia is like Swedish water. I no gets the idea.

Oh, does your Starcraft work, Knee? I did a game this morning and I did the sucking.:smallfrown:

Taet
2013-06-28, 04:07 PM
Music makes time. Yes. That works better because it makes new age music be music and a heartbeat isn't music. I just wish it wasn't so loud. In future time I have to not break my falls with my face. Falling on wrists hurts more but it's easier to think with a hurting wrist. Aspirins can shut that out.

Hello, Devmaar. If you're lost and your ISP is not sending notices to you to stop playing so much youtube during peak hours, there are many very new songs to listen to linked in the first post.

Any good pirate loot exhibit should have a display where you can learn to pillage and loot. Or sail a pirate ship.

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-28, 04:11 PM
It was published in a volume of essays... "Art and Aesthetics"? "Philosophy and Art"? Let me look for it in the dusty chaos of my library. It had a grey cover with blue writing, which I can picture perfectly except for the actual words.

Ah, okay. I will wait patiently, should you look for it.

At first, I was all "you don't hear footsteps?" and then I realized Knee is oldling.:smalltongue:

Do Texans even drink tea?:smallconfused: Hey Teddy, do they in Swedish-version of Texas?:smalltongue: (Remind me to try to list my stereotypes. Some of them overlap, and I'm probably skipping Belgium, (and any -Anita's due to not knowing them at all), but I can totally say offensive stereotypes of Frenchmen and Russians and Austrians!:smallbiggrin:)

I never hear footsteps when I'm trying to go to sleep. :smalltongue: That's probably because I go to sleep at 2am, have loud fans making lots of noise, and have somewhat damaged hearing to begin with. :smallamused:

Sweet tea, I'd imagine.

Music makes time. Yes. That works better because it makes new age music be music and a heartbeat isn't music. I just wish it wasn't so loud. In future time I have to not break my falls with my face. Falling on wrists hurts more but it's easier to think with a hurting wrist. Aspirins can shut that out.

I don't know... I can think of several songs that have a heartbeat in them. It's music, of it's own sort. I mostly use music to keep a certain portion of my thoughts occupied so I don't get too distracted from what I'm doing by thinking. Not so much making time as busying my brain.

Devmaar
2013-06-28, 04:23 PM
He dided! Speaking of, hi Dev!:smalltongue:

Hai Sheep :smallsmile:

Hello, Devmaar. If you're lost and your ISP is not sending notices to you to stop playing so much youtube during peak hours, there are many very new songs to listen to linked in the first post.

Hi to you too, unfortunately my computer doesn't like playing youtube vids :smallannoyed:

TaiLiu
2013-06-28, 04:26 PM
It's not uncommon to dislike SOME music, but not all of it :smalltongue:
Hm. I'm an oddity, it seems.

You are well again?

@Tai: Tit 'twas no poem, it was a statement put into a format of debate. I don't know how they actually set up the form, so that's why the spacing and thebAnds were all lined badly.:smalltongue: (Also, I wanted to find a way to say "bitches be crazy" in a mostly non-non sequitur.:smallbiggrin:)

Also, moosic is awesome. Y u no like moosic? :smallfrown:
It's noise. That's it, really.

Oo! Take photos for us!

Dr. Bath
2013-06-28, 04:33 PM
Any good pirate loot exhibit should have a display where you can learn to pillage and loot. Or sail a pirate ship.

I'm pretty sure I went to a pirate exhibition like that in Greenwich when I was young. About 10 times. I just... I just really liked pirates ok? Also the cereal that was giving away tickets to said exhibition. It was basically a perfect storm that blew my tiny mind.

When it comes to music I aspire to be like Tyres (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sF6Lnxl8ZA). If there is an obnoxious repetitive noise I can and will dance to it. Actually. Maybe it's just best to be like Tyres in every way.

Coidzor
2013-06-28, 05:25 PM

Great, now I'm just imagining the Devmaarian reforms. :smalltongue:

Sometimes my heart races at night and I think I hear footsteps, which makes it race more.

That sounds fascinating.

Yeah, I'm still scared of the dark when I'm alone because I start to have that thing where you're not actually hallucinating, but your mind is still playing tricks on you and you just want to stop having to imagine all of the myriad ways in which a determined person or supernatural entity could nom you.

Rum and coke would be good because coke slushies are good and rum just makes it better. As long as it's spiced or black or black spiced. Regular old golden or silver rum is tres miserable when combined with coke. Also, Bourbon and Gingerale slushies. Though they're not as good as bourbon and Ale81, but, sadly, anyone outside of Kentucky and a small portion of Tennessee and Ohio has to special order to get any Ale8.

...:smalleek:

:smallamused:

I like Mars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUTByW8NElo), myself. Partially because of the old Outpost (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtfmvwyHuNs)series of computer games, partially because I find it hilarious (http://youtu.be/bfjj7Y9N27c?t=1m37s). All of them are pretty sweet though. :smallbiggrin:

French Port? Imported port?:smalltongue:

It's supposed to be Spanish, no?

Yes, yes they do. They even sometimes have proper sweet tea, though it's about 50-50, really. I should see if any of my people are still in Texas, or if they finally were compelled to leave. I'm not certain I'd be able to vouch for the state having good sweet tea if the Coidkin there have departed.

There's already one Texas, Ship, we don't need to go around creating more of them all over the place. :smalltongue:

Anita? Who is this Anita of which you speak?

OMG, IT'S A BATH! :smallbiggrin:

Teddy
2013-06-28, 05:34 PM
Yay?:smallbiggrin:

Nah, I don't really think of you as a philistine. Nor uneducated, for that matter. I mean, you'd beat me in a latin-off any day of the week.

Oh god that must suck. I forgot to mention corn, but yeah, that's in everything too. Not just the everything-everything, my everything everything!:smallannoyed:

Well, it made even a large part of the gluten-free section of the store off-limits, but he managed to survive through it anyway. And I think the potato allergy of his is mostly gone by now...

And I took your metaphorical dandylion-ness and used it to compliment you. Hahaha haha.:smalltongue: (your perfectly fine garden lawns, which are covered in snow 24/7/9?:smalltongue:)

Nah, more like 24/7/5.

And I'll soon post a new batch of pictures in the You thread. They'll be pretty silly, some of them. Try and compliment them, if you can. :smallwink:

Because bad at pictures.:smallfrown: And because AT being the only one who knowsith is fun. (It'd take maybe 20 minutes to find one of me, and that's definitely on the "don't know computers" kind of finding a pic of me. I bet August and his Internet ninja powers could conjure one, but meh. Anyone could. It's collective laziness, and no one actually wanting to know that badly.:smalltongue:)

Honestly, I don't think I know enough of you to actually track you down. I know your general age and birthday, and that you live in Chicago, but that's about it. Chicago is a pretty big town...

Which is sadness, because I want to see Mutie!

I pondered an explanation, but laughing was so much more enjoyable. :smallbiggrin:

I don't know, but their cars guzzle it by the gallons.

And Swedish version of Texas? I... Do we even have anything which could qualify as a version of Texas? I do suppose Norrlänningar (Northlanders) under some definitions could be considered our equivalents to rednecks, but no, they don't drink tea, they drink coffee.

It just sounds silly to me! Swedish Wikipedia is like Swedish water. I no gets the idea.

What, you mean like the Baltic sea? Or at least the parts closest to Sweden, I suppose...

Deathkeeper
2013-06-28, 07:34 PM
So, it was a shipwreck exhibit, not solely pirates. It was fun though. NY Times Square's Discovery center often has pretty good stuff, if a bit overpriced. No photos allowed, sadly.

Rawhide
2013-06-28, 08:04 PM

Sounds delicious.

Argh, those instructions are... terrible.

Try these:

Midori Avalanche

Glass: Colada (http://www.drinkstuff.com/productimg/37276_large.jpg) (preferred)
Garnish: Pineapple Wedge

Ingredients: (have handy, but don't mix yet)
Ice (a fair bit, a couple of scoops if you have an ice scoop)
30ml Blue Curacao
30ml Midori
15ml Triple Sec
60ml Pineapple Juice

1st:
Pour 30ml Blue Curacao in colada or other glass

2nd:
Blend to a slush the following:
Ice
30ml Midori
15ml Triple Sec
60ml Pineapple Juice

3rd:
Pour the slush down the side of the glass very carefully and very slowly, so that the slush floats on top of the Blue Curacao and does not mix (called layering).

4th:
Garnish with a pineapple wedge and insert straw.

Drinking:
Drink should be served layered, but should be stirred by the drinker with straw prior to drinking.

Refinement:
Work out how much ice you need to just about fill your glass.

HalfTangible
2013-06-28, 08:21 PM
I feel like I've been a creep to a group of family friends even though we've both been in the lodge area for two hours and haven't had much chance to interact.

Mutant Sheep
2013-06-28, 08:25 PM
I feel like I've been a creep to a group of family friends even though we've both been in the lodge area for two hours and haven't had much chance to interact.
Ohh, I've done that. The key is to sleep and be all "I Tireeeeeed :(". And then if they do games, do that and have fun and stuff.:smalltongue: But if its a specific person in the group of family friends that makes you do creep-stuff, avoid dem. Awkwardness isn't welcome.:smallwink::smalltongue: (Unless they think your a funny awkward. But then, once your learn of it you stop being innocently awkward, so meh. I said NOTHING.:smalltongue:)

HalfTangible
2013-06-28, 08:45 PM
Ohh, I've done that. The key is to sleep and be all "I Tireeeeeed :(". And then if they do games, do that and have fun and stuff.:smalltongue: But if its a specific person in the group of family friends that makes you do creep-stuff, avoid dem. Awkwardness isn't welcome.:smallwink::smalltongue: (Unless they think your a funny awkward. But then, once your learn of it you stop being innocently awkward, so meh. I said NOTHING.:smalltongue:)

I haven't even DONE anything creepy, though! I've glanced over there a few times (dear lord [name] is gorgeous) but nothing to warrant the same feeling I get when I see someone who has told me they would hate me for life!

ION: I just played two games with my dad, and I crushed him both times liek da noob he is :smallbiggrin: (the second by forfeit. At Ms.Pacman)

Mutant Sheep
2013-06-28, 08:54 PM
I haven't even DONE anything creepy, though! I've glanced over there a few times (dear lord [name] is gorgeous) but nothing to warrant the same feeling I get when I see someone who has told me they would hate me for life!

ION: I just played two games with my dad, and I crushed him both times liek da noob he is :smallbiggrin: (the second by forfeit. At Ms.Pacman)

Yes! So the key to not feeling like one is to isolate yourself in a creepy cave and live by torchlight!:smalltongue:

You have people who say that?:smallconfused:

Does that count as a game?:smallconfused::smallwink:

LaZodiac
2013-06-28, 08:55 PM
I need you all to help me with a thing.

When I say "20% Cooler", what do you think of? Would you consider that phrase a reference?

Coidzor
2013-06-28, 09:04 PM

When I say "20% Cooler", what do you think of? Would you consider that phrase a reference?

MLP. So, yes.

enderlord99
2013-06-28, 09:08 PM

Okay.

When I say "20% Cooler", what do you think of?

Another phrase, which I have used myself:

Cult followings, my butt!

Get it?

Would you consider that phrase a reference?

Yes. A somewhat cliche one, too.

HalfTangible
2013-06-28, 09:12 PM
Yes! So the key to not feeling like one is to isolate yourself in a creepy cave and live by torchlight!:smalltongue:

You have people who say that?:smallconfused:

Does that count as a game?:smallconfused::smallwink:And now i feel like a **** for putting Blind Guardian on the jukebox both before and after Garth Brooks. :smallannoyed: I can't win against myself here, can I?

One person. Can't say I've been a paragon of virtue around him, but I'm not sure why he'd just up and decide, bam, you're an ******* and I hate you. Good thing I never see him anymore or I'd care.

He doesn't know what Dota is, I had to humor him :smalltongue: (also, I think our game was glitched - i went through the ghosts without dieing twice)

Freezers, and yes.

LaZodiac
2013-06-28, 09:13 PM
MLP. So, yes.

A brightly colored cartoon, after which my avatar's lower torso and legs happen to be based.

You're all crazy. I...I don't see how your first thought could be to ponies.

Freezers, and yes.

Sensibility! Cold things!

Skeppio
2013-06-28, 09:17 PM

And you doubted me. :smallannoyed:

HalfTangible
2013-06-28, 09:18 PM

This is how. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PvDPOT3_Y0) It's one of the show's most enduring/famous quotes and comes in the middle of Rarity's first song. (Which is awesome and characterizes her perfectly, imho)

LaZodiac
2013-06-28, 09:20 PM
This is how. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PvDPOT3_Y0) It's one of the show's most enduring/famous quotes and comes in the middle of Rarity's first song. Which is awesome and characterizes her perfectly, imho)

I've never heard it before in my life, in relation to the ponies.

Coidzor
2013-06-28, 09:22 PM

Well if you haven't had a chance to really say hi, what's the problem other than how busy you've been? :smallconfused:

Deathkeeper
2013-06-28, 09:23 PM

I have, but only because it was in a YouTube video which looked normal until SURPRISE PONIES EVERYWHERE. I hate those kind of videos.

enderlord99
2013-06-28, 09:26 PM

I've seen only the first 2 episodes (they were okay, not great). The phrase went memetic after being coined in the 14th episode, which I know about because I read about it on a wiki, or maybe 2 wikis.

3 wikis if knowyourmeme is a wiki.

Wiki is a fun word.

Whee! Key!

...What are we talking about?

Oh, right: kiwis! Did you mean the fruit or the bird?

No, I'm not drunk. Why do you ask?

HalfTangible
2013-06-28, 09:26 PM

Well now you have.

Well if you haven't had a chance to really say hi, what's the problem other than how busy you've been? :smallconfused:

I don't friggen know! I feel like a stalker every time I look over there... =( There's no good reason for it, it just happens.

Mutant Sheep
2013-06-28, 09:27 PM
I have, but only because it was in a YouTube video which looked normal until SURPRISE PONIES EVERYWHERE. I hate those kind of videos.

That's pretty much all ponies do. Why I only nominally support them. (This avatar, I'm just too lazy to change. xD. I did it to try and even the Count to 50 thread, but I stopped posting there a while ago...)

Coidzor
2013-06-28, 09:30 PM

You've not interacted very much with bronies or watch the fan videos on youtube then. :smalltongue:

So is this some kind of Canadian Advertisement?

And you doubted me. :smallannoyed:

Oh, hush, Fun Police. :smalltongue:

Usually you have to be purposefully looking at, like, Youtube Poop for that... So you really have no one to blame but your masochism. :smallconfused:

enderlord99
2013-06-28, 09:33 PM
Raise your hand if an insane Evil Overlord with levels in Bard, who thought humans were monkeys, created you as a gift for his girlfriend!

Coidzor
2013-06-28, 09:35 PM
I don't friggen know! I feel like a stalker every time I look over there... =( There's no good reason for it, it just happens.

...Why do you feel like a stalker? Do you want to shtup one of them or something? :smalltongue:

Here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PvDPOT3_Y0) You (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=20%25%20cooler). Go (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/bronyspeak).

Raise your hand if an insane Evil Overlord with levels in Bard, who thought humans were monkeys, created you as a gift for his girlfriend!

She's not so much his girlfriend as his hostage. (http://youtu.be/2_ryNJVreiY?t=1m22s)

Deathkeeper
Usually you have to be purposefully looking at, like, Youtube Poop for that... So you really have no one to blame but your masochism. :smallconfused:

It was in a suggested video while I was watching childhood cartoons. Gargoyles, if I remember right.

Amidus Drexel

I think you'll find that, if you spend enough time on the internet, everything is ponies. :smalltongue:

Agreed. :smallcool:

That doesn't sound very stalkerish, unless you're leering at them the whole time. :smallamused:

So is this some kind of Canadian Advertisement?

Hey, we like cold things in other places! Like, here, where it's hot in the summer.

Mutant Sheep
2013-06-28, 09:38 PM
It was in a suggested video while I was watching childhood cartoons. Gargoyles, if I remember right.... They tainted GARGOYLES?:smalleek::smallfrown: That's wrong...

...Why do you feel like a stalker? Do you want to shtup one of them or something? :smalltongue:

Here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PvDPOT3_Y0) You (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=20%25%20cooler). Go (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/bronyspeak).

She's not so much his girlfriend as his hostage. (http://youtu.be/2_ryNJVreiY?t=1m22s)Yes. He said before "(name) is so GORGEOUS". :smalltongue: So a Halftan friendship keeping mechanism?

whyyyyyyy

Hehe....hwhA

Skeppio
2013-06-28, 09:39 PM
I think you'll find that, if you spend enough time on the internet, everything is ponies. :smalltongue:

Sadly, this is true. :smallsigh:

Deathkeeper
2013-06-28, 09:40 PM
... They tainted GARGOYLES?:smalleek::smallfrown: That's wrong...

It wasn't actually related whatsoever. It's just that YT's program just said "Watching cartoons? What about these OTHER popular cartoons?"
For the record the unrelated video under it was Batman TAS, so it pretty much evened out.

HalfTangible
2013-06-28, 09:44 PM
...Why do you feel like a stalker? Do you want to shtup one of them or something? :smalltongue:...Shtup?

That doesn't sound very stalkerish, unless you're leering at them the whole time. :smallamused:

*shrug* Like i said, i don't get it either.

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-28, 09:44 PM
... They tainted GARGOYLES?:smalleek::smallfrown: That's wrong...

It wasn't actually related whatsoever. It's just that YT's program just said "Watching cartoons? What about these OTHER popular cartoons?"
For the record the unrelated video under it was Batman TAS, so it pretty much evened out.

Yeah, youtube's related videos are rarely related to whatever you watched. :smallamused:

Eh, I tend to stay away from the places that are awash with them. I only really use youtube for music, anyways, and I have yet to have a pony video suggested to me by it. I mean, just about every fanbase has a bunch of loud, annoying people in it that overshadow the normal fans. :smallamused:

Mutant Sheep
2013-06-28, 09:45 PM
...Shtup?

*shrug* Like i said, i don't get it either.

Chitty chitty bang-bang.:smalltongue:

Yeah. Creeper feelings rarely do. Soooo.. BECOME THE VILLAIN FROM SHADOWOF THE COLLUSUS!:smalltongue:

TaiLiu
2013-06-28, 09:46 PM
That's pretty much all ponies do. Why I only nominally support them. (This avatar, I'm just too lazy to change. xD. I did it to try and even the Count to 50 thread, but I stopped posting there a while ago...)
Aw. That's just generalisation, now.

People say this, but I don't see it. Am I blind to ponies?!

In Other News: I'm going on vacation tomorrow!

Skeppio
2013-06-28, 09:47 PM
Eh, I tend to stay away from the places that are awash with them. I only really use youtube for music, anyways, and I have yet to have a pony video suggested to me by it.

As in.....nowhere? Even this site is rife with them. Absolutely nothing I hold dear is safe. All because I had the sheer audacity to not enjoy one particular cartoon.

I mean, just about every fanbase has a bunch of loud, annoying people in it that overshadow the normal fans. :smallamused:

Really? Almost every (at least 90%) of the MLP fans I've ever met are the loud annoying ones.

TaiLiu
2013-06-28, 09:53 PM
As in.....nowhere? Even this site is rife with them. Absolutely nothing I hold dear is safe. All because I had the sheer audacity to not enjoy one particular cartoon.
Comrade, we will not judge you for your dislikes. I dislike music, and comrade Amidus Drexel - a musician, to note - is not judging me.

(I hope not, at least.)

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-28, 09:56 PM
People say this, but I don't see it. Am I blind to ponies?!

Well, if you haven't seen any, then you're either blind, or more inattentive than me. :smallamused:

Have fun! Whither art thou vacationing?

As in.....nowhere? Even this site is rife with them. Absolutely nothing I hold dear is safe.

Really? Almost every (at least 90%) of the MLP fans I've ever met are the loud annoying ones.

What, you mean the handful of pony threads and a couple hundred people's avatars? :smalltongue: I've never had a problem with it here, and there are really only one or two people I've seen on giantitp that I thought were being a bit pushy about the fandom.

I've had rather the opposite experience, although I understand that's not the case everywhere. (I mean, the internet is a big place) *shrug*

Comrade, we will not judge you for your dislikes. I dislike music, and comrade Amidus Drexel - a musician, to note - is not judging me.

(I hope not, at least.)

Mwahahahahahaha :smallbiggrin:

Coidzor
2013-06-28, 09:58 PM
It was in a suggested video while I was watching childhood cartoons. Gargoyles, if I remember right.

Right in the childhood. Old cartoons do tend to link directly to youtube poops though.

...Shtup?

Also spelled Schtup. It's yiddish slang for boinking. :smallamused:

Hey, we like cold things in other places! Like, here, where it's hot in the summer.

I thought it was porn myself.

It blew my mind when I found out Sweden and Zodi-land got warmer than ideal temperature in the summer. Partially because I thought they both lived near or in regions of permafrost.

Taet
2013-06-28, 09:59 PM
My head has stopped being so full of loud heartbeat. I am so happy. It was tiring.

I don't think you are doing bad, HalfTangible. Just let other people use the jukebox for a little while. The creepy feeling might just be you telling yourself to stop staring at family before they even noticed. But if they're there how are you talking to us? Short breaks?

TaiLiu
2013-06-28, 09:59 PM
Well, if you haven't seen any, then you're either blind, or more inattentive than me. :smallamused:
Until I came to this forum, I've never even heard of the show!

Have fun! Whither art thou vacationing?
On thy ship, my lord.

Mwahahahahahaha :smallbiggrin:
No! His judgemental eyes are upon me!

Skeppio
2013-06-28, 10:01 PM

Except they do. Constantly. And they're not my comrades, and never will be.

What, you mean the handful of pony threads and a couple hundred people's avatars? :smalltongue: I've never had a problem with it here, and there are really only one or two people I've seen on giantitp that I thought were being a bit pushy about the fandom.

I've seen way more that are pushy. Insanely so. And if I dare to say a word against them, I'M the one who has the book thrown at them!

Deathkeeper
2013-06-28, 10:01 PM

Good luck with that, O He of Many Cuddly Tails. I'll keep the campaign from burning to the ground while you're away.

LaZodiac
2013-06-28, 10:02 PM

Well that's not their fault, now is it. Vocal minorities are kind of a thing.

@TaiLiu: Have a good vacation! WHere are you going?

Coidzor
2013-06-28, 10:04 PM
Well that's not their fault, now is it. Vocal minorities are kind of a thing.

Course not, hard to change the perspective of others after all.

No, it's much more than simply not enjoying it. :smalltongue:

That might have some relation to how you react to people casually mentioning MLP in a conversation you're not even part of like they're braying about it directly in your ear. :smallwink:

TaiLiu
2013-06-28, 10:05 PM
Except they do. Constantly. And they're not my comrades, and never will be.
What if they stop being so pushy...?

Good luck with that, O He of Many Cuddly Tails. I'll keep the campaign from burning to the ground while you're away.
Excellent, excellent. :smallsmile:

@TaiLiu: Have a good vacation! WHere are you going?
Many places. It's one of those ship trips.

LaZodiac
2013-06-28, 10:09 PM

I better believe that you're on a boat! You're on a boat!

TaiLiu
2013-06-28, 10:10 PM
Not right now, but I will be! Of course, I get seasick easily, so I don't know if it'll be such a pleasant trip...

LaZodiac
2013-06-28, 10:12 PM
Not right now, but I will be! Of course, I get seasick easily, so I don't know if it'll be such a pleasant trip...

Oh dear, don't forget to take ant acids!

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-28, 10:12 PM
On thy ship, my lord.

No! His judgemental eyes are upon me!

No, that's a bad place. Full of the most treacherous scum you'll ever meet. And a parrot. He's pretty cool.

Eh, I might find it odd, but as it doesn't really affect me at all I'm not going to judge you for it. I kind of assume a baseline level of oddity for the people I know. :smallamused:

I've seen way more that are pushy. Insanely so. And if I dare to say a word against them, I'M the one who has the book thrown at them!

I think that's probably more intrinsic to what you say and how you say it rather than that you said anything at all. Of course, there's no pleasing some people. :smallamused:

Oh, a cruise. Cool! :smallcool:

Heheheh :smallamused:

enderlord99
2013-06-28, 10:20 PM

How would caustic pheremones help with anything? "Antacids" should be one word.

LaZodiac
2013-06-28, 10:21 PM

Aaah, I didn't know that. Thank you.

TaiLiu
2013-06-28, 10:21 PM
But... But I don't like ants!

No, that's a bad place. Full of the most treacherous scum you'll ever meet. And a parrot. He's pretty cool.
You must introduce him to me. Tell me his name.

Eh, I might find it odd, but as it doesn't really affect me at all I'm not going to judge you for it. I kind of assume a baseline level of oddity for the people I know. :smallamused:
I assume a different outcome would occur if I came to a concert of yours and started hissing, then? :smalltongue:

Oh, a cruise. Cool! :smallcool:
You have been on one?

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-28, 10:25 PM

Clearly it's an alternative to setting them on fire with a magnifying glass. :smallamused:

You must introduce him to me. Tell me his name.

I assume a different outcome would occur if I came to a concert of yours and started hissing, then? :smalltongue:

You have been on one?

Softly-(and-Slowly)-Eats-Patella, in the vernacular. :smallwink:

If I could even hear you over the noise. :smallamused:

I have not; I know a good many people that have, though, and they all thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

enderlord99
2013-06-28, 10:28 PM
She's not so much his girlfriend as his hostage. (http://youtu.be/2_ryNJVreiY?t=1m22s)

True. Either way, you got the reference. Good job!

Coidzor
2013-06-28, 10:28 PM

Dirty...

Formic Acid? That's just gross, telling people to take ant pee like that. :smalltongue:

TaiLiu
2013-06-28, 10:30 PM
Nn! The wink means something, I know it!

If I could even hear you over the noise. :smallamused:
Are you certain? My hissing is very sharp, comrade. :smalltongue:

I have not; I know a good many people that have, though, and they all thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
Ah! I fear, though, that I may not. Oh, well.

enderlord99
2013-06-28, 10:35 PM
But... But I don't like ants!

Then just take calcium-carbonate tablets intended for heartburn-relief! They work just as well!

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-28, 10:35 PM
Dirty...

Hehehe, you get it. :smallamused:

Nn! The wink means something, I know it!

Are you certain? My hissing is very sharp, comrade. :smalltongue:

Ah! I fear, though, that I may not. Oh, well.

:smallwink:

You've got to overcome two guitar amps, or hiss at a really high pitch. There are only three or four spots in our set you'd be able to make yourself heard, and that's where me and Jabor are the only ones playing. :smalltongue:

Why not? If you're worried about seasickness, the boats don't sway back and forth - they're too big for that.

Skeppio
2013-06-28, 10:36 PM
No, it's much more than simply not enjoying it. :smalltongue:

That might have some relation to how you react to people casually mentioning MLP in a conversation you're not even part of like they're braying about it directly in your ear. :smallwink:

I think that's probably more intrinsic to what you say and how you say it rather than that you said anything at all. Of course, there's no pleasing some people. :smallamused:

Riiiight, it's always my fault, isn't it? I ignore them, they push harder. I ignore them again, they push harder. I snap and fight back, I'm the one who gets blamed.

This is the bullying I suffered in high school all over again... Except this time I don't have the handful of teachers who'd actually listen to me.

TaiLiu
2013-06-28, 10:42 PM
Then just take calcium-carbonate tablets intended for heartburn-relief! They work just as well!
Aw. I have to eat tablets?!

You've got to overcome two guitar amps, or hiss at a really high pitch. There are only three or four spots in our set you'd be able to make yourself heard, and that's where me and Jabor are the only ones playing. :smalltongue:
I'm bring cats with me! We'll hiss in harmony!

Why not? If you're worried about seasickness, the boats don't sway back and forth - they're too big for that.
No, but it's going to a tropical area - which I dislike.

Riiiight, it's always my fault, isn't it? I ignore them, they push harder. I ignore them again, they push harder. I snap and fight back, I'm the one who gets blamed.

This is the bullying I suffered in high school all over again... Except this time I don't have the handful of teachers who'd actually listen to me.
My condolences, comrade. :smallfrown:

Taet
2013-06-28, 10:43 PM
I'll take the ant acids if they also work against wasps. This is the third time today I have had to knock down a nest they built right outside the front door. I do not wish to kill but cannot convince them to move and will not permit them to stay.

Deathkeeper

Trust me, I spent all of my high school having to deal with loud annoying fanbases. I know exactly how you feel.

enderlord99

One solution is to watch the first four episodes once each, in order to be able to say "I saw a few episodes" without lying. Another is to wear a disguise. I like to go halfway with each, personally. I've seen a total of two episodes (once each), and would describe them as "mediocre."

TaiLiu
2013-06-28, 10:46 PM
I'll take the ant acids if they also work against wasps. This is the third time today I have had to knock down a nest they built right outside the front door. I do not wish to kill but cannot convince them to move and will not permit them to stay.
Oh, those rude wasps! I shall shake my fists at them for you.

Trust me, I spent all of my high school having to deal with loud annoying fanbases. I know exactly how you feel.
Oo! Tell us about your experiences!

One solution is to watch the first four episodes once each, in order to be able to say "I saw a few episodes" without lying. Another is to wear a disguise. I like to go halfway with each, personally. I've seen a total of two episodes (once each), and would describe them as "mediocre."

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-28, 10:55 PM
RE: High school thing - No one really bothered me about anything in high school, but that's because, as Rafiki aptly put: "Nobody wants to mess with you, man; you look like a crazy ************."

I'm only inferring things based on how this conversation is going - I'm not blaming you in any way. Some people react poorly to even non-aggressive reasoning and make assumptions about what they hear because of their opinions, and I'd say that the people you've been dealing with fall into one of those two categories, or both.

There's no pleasing some people. After a point, it's easier not to try.

I'm bring cats with me! We'll hiss in harmony!

No, but it's going to a tropical area - which I dislike.

I don't think they'll let you bring cats in the bar, but you can certainly try. :smallamused:

Oh, well, I can't help you with that. Try to have fun anyways.

TaiLiu
2013-06-28, 10:58 PM
I don't think they'll let you bring cats in the bar, but you can certainly try. :smallamused:
I'll sneak them in! They'll be my hats and scarfs!

Oh, well, I can't help you with that. Try to have fun anyways.
I will.

enderlord99
2013-06-28, 10:59 PM

Well, the plot was cliche, it was overly preachy, there were a large number of "stealth"-puns, all of which were both obvious and nerve-grating, there were a few tangentially-relevant songs that nearly made my ears and/or brain collapse because they were so irritating.

The only positive thing about it was that it managed to be slightly funny.

Once.

And only because I somehow managed to stomach watching both of those episodes in full.

...I suppose calling it "mediocre" was too good for it.

TaiLiu
2013-06-28, 11:02 PM
I... I meant your experiences with disguising yourself, comrade. :smalltongue:

Taet
2013-06-28, 11:07 PM
Oh! I was rude. Yes, do have a good time on your cruise TaiLiu. If you can't at least try to use it for a good story to tell us here later. We will react however you like to that story.

Can I say something positive about My Little Pony without Skeppio hating me? I think the animation style is much better this time. The originals were round and soft. The new style is bolder and older. I like the strong outlines.

Deathkeeper
2013-06-28, 11:10 PM

Well, first I should go on a bit as to why I still mostly can't stand MLP enough to ever watch an episode. One, preachiness, for lack of a better term bothers me. I don't like watching Very Special Episodes of cartoons much, even well-done ones like Teen Titans or Gargoyles. Heck, I flinch at Kingdom Hearts sometimes. So the whole friendship premise just isn't up my alley. But that's not the point. The point is me in high school. Rant ahead.
My friend played Pathfinder in his senior year. That's like DnD for those that don't play. His party got wiped because his DM was kind of a jerk. He also didn't want to play again, so two of the players, my friend and a younger guy each made their own games so they could play, since new interest made it so there were too many for one game. Too late my friend realized he'd gotten the minority, meaning the only returning players were one guy who had suddenly gotten very full of himself for having warned the party of the possible demise and being correct (he's another story) and their previous sorceress. Said girl was so hopelessly clueless that she never used a single spell creatively and sometimes would try to use melee with only 10 Str (that's the base by the way). He got enough players after getting me on board and asking me to recruit to justify not having them but he was just too nice to kick them out after giving them the OK.
Okay, so why is DnD and this girl important? Because she liked ponies. A lot. In fact, the monk she made for the game was a blatant expy of Rainbow Dash. She mentioned the show every few minutes. But that wasn't enough. She forgot about what her character's pretty much only good for (stunning fist), played a DS at the table, constantly pointed out that she "didn't care," was disruptive, and turned every Skype RP into an attempt to get us to pay attention to her despite often refusing to have her character speak a line. Oh and said character, who punched zombies in the face, was awkward and shy around puppies. And other normal people and animals. It blew my mind. This lasted three months until we finally got her character perma-killed (she thought punching a giant was a good idea). And the whole time I couldn't say a word because we all knew the first person to tell her to shut up would get guilt-tripped and lashed out against the rest of the year no matter how nicely they worded it. Yes, there was a precedent for it.
So yeah, this person was so incredibly annoying that I essentially developed an instinctive response of annoyance whenever anything she liked popped up in anyone's conversation. This could have been avoided if I'd been on this site earlier, but instead my only experience with the MLP fanbase was GameFAQs, whose fans bombarded the boards with links to pony things or brought it up constantly, also annoying me.

At the same time, every single Junior year student among my friends obsessed over Homestuck, to the point that I literally could not go a single day without hearing "karkat" despite my best attempts to get them distracted with Persona and other cool things they liked. And in this case I really did try that one and I can officially say that I cannot stand MSPA or anything associated with it. I really dislike the art that much, although I wouldn't say it was flat-out bad. Just that I really, really don't like it.

So yeah, I freely admit that these are very petty reasons, and there's more to the story that I won't bother you with. I just wanted to vent about it a bit. Since you asked.

enderlord99
2013-06-28, 11:11 PM
I... I meant your experiences with disguising yourself, comrade. :smalltongue:

...Oh.

Well, all I did was get a new avatar.

As in, the one I'm currently wearing.

TaiLiu
2013-06-28, 11:33 PM
We will react however you like to that story.
Pre-determined reactions. Rather dull, no?

Well, first I should go on a bit as to why I still mostly can't stand MLP enough to ever watch an episode. One, preachiness, for lack of a better term bothers me. I don't like watching Very Special Episodes of cartoons much, even well-done ones like Teen Titans or Gargoyles. Heck, I flinch at Kingdom Hearts sometimes. So the whole friendship premise just isn't up my alley. But that's not the point. The point is me in high school. Rant ahead.
My friend played Pathfinder in his senior year. That's like DnD for those that don't play. His party got wiped because his DM was kind of a jerk. He also didn't want to play again, so two of the players, my friend and a younger guy each made their own games so they could play, since new interest made it so there were too many for one game. Too late my friend realized he'd gotten the minority, meaning the only returning players were one guy who had suddenly gotten very full of himself for having warned the party of the possible demise and being correct (he's another story) and their previous sorceress. Said girl was so hopelessly clueless that she never used a single spell creatively and sometimes would try to use melee with only 10 Str (that's the base by the way). He got enough players after getting me on board and asking me to recruit to justify not having them but he was just too nice to kick them out after giving them the OK.
Okay, so why is DnD and this girl important? Because she liked ponies. A lot. In fact, the monk she made for the game was a blatant expy of Rainbow Dash. She mentioned the show every few minutes. But that wasn't enough. She forgot about what her character's pretty much only good for (stunning fist), played a DS at the table, constantly pointed out that she "didn't care," was disruptive, and turned every Skype RP into an attempt to get us to pay attention to her despite often refusing to have her character speak a line. Oh and said character, who punched zombies in the face, was awkward and shy around puppies. And other normal people and animals. It blew my mind. This lasted three months until we finally got her character perma-killed (she thought punching a giant was a good idea). And the whole time I couldn't say a word because we all knew the first person to tell her to shut up would get guilt-tripped and lashed out against the rest of the year no matter how nicely they worded it. Yes, there was a precedent for it.
So yeah, this person was so incredibly annoying that I essentially developed an instinctive response of annoyance whenever anything she liked popped up in anyone's conversation. This could have been avoided if I'd been on this site earlier, but instead my only experience with the MLP fanbase was GameFAQs, whose fans bombarded the boards with links to pony things or brought it up constantly, also annoying me.

At the same time, every single Junior year student among my friends obsessed over Homestuck, to the point that I literally could not go a single day without hearing "karkat" despite my best attempts to get them distracted with Persona and other cool things they liked. And in this case I really did try that one and I can officially say that I cannot stand MSPA or anything associated with it. I really dislike the art that much, although I wouldn't say it was flat-out bad. Just that I really, really don't like it.

So yeah, I freely admit that these are very petty reasons, and there's more to the story that I won't bother you with. I just wanted to vent about it a bit. Since you asked.
No problem! Your venting is my creepy, obsessive information hoard!

...Oh.

Well, all I did was get a new avatar.

As in, the one I'm currently wearing.
Oh.

Nice disguise.

HalfTangible
2013-06-28, 11:34 PM
Chitty chitty bang-bang.:smalltongue:

Also spelled Schtup. It's yiddish slang for boinking. :smallamused:

... I'm not certain I'd say 'no', if that's what you mean. I am celibate, recuerdan?

Well, the plot was cliche, it was overly preachy, there were a large number of "stealth"-puns, all of which were both obvious and nerve-grating, there were a few tangentially-relevant songs that nearly made my ears and/or brain collapse because they were so irritating.

The only positive thing about it was that it managed to be slightly funny.

Once.

And only because I somehow managed to stomach watching both of those episodes in full.

Sounds like LFG.

... Yeah, the first three episodes aren't great. Especially when you go in expecting a choir of angels to sing its praises. *shrug* Personally I like it because it's happy and cheery and bright.

ION: So apparently I'm smart because I know who Ghengis Khan was and what suffrage is. *facepalm* Maybe i should refocus my paranoia.

Coidzor
2013-06-28, 11:39 PM
... I'm not certain I'd say 'no', if that's what you mean. I am celibate, recuerdan?

I can honestly say, I've forgotten whether I've forgotten this or if I just wasn't around for whenever this got unveiled.

Some kind of vow or just an ironic turn of phrase for being involuntarily single?

ION: So apparently I'm smart because I know who Ghengis Khan was and what suffrage is. *facepalm* Maybe i should refocus my paranoia.

Oy gevalt. Trivia?

enderlord99
2013-06-28, 11:42 PM
ION: So apparently I'm smart because I know who Ghengis Khan was

Moskau! Moskau! I don't know the freakin' words! I don't know the freakin' words! HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! HEY!!!

TaiLiu
2013-06-28, 11:46 PM
I am amused by your comrades.

Deathkeeper
2013-06-28, 11:51 PM
Sounds like LFG.

The comic? What's wrong with it? Other than the early pages where Krunch essentially didn't have a head, that is.

Skeppio
2013-06-28, 11:52 PM
Can I say something positive about My Little Pony without Skeppio hating me?

Yes you can. However, you can't assume I hate a person entirely over as minor difference of opinion, assume my mind is as one-track as your question implies or paint me as some kind of hair-trigger jerk without me getting a bit upset. :smallannoyed:

Mutant Sheep
2013-06-29, 12:10 AM
Half tan... I Don't know what to say to that...:smalleek: That is sadnesssssss. WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?

Now, what is suffrage, and how does it relate to Ghengis Khan? (I know suffrage from context, but not an actual definition of "equality or etc...".:smalltongue:)

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-29, 12:15 AM
Now, what is suffrage, and how does it relate to Ghengis Khan? (I know suffrage from context, but not an actual definition of "equality or etc...".:smalltongue:)

Suffrage just means the right to vote. It... doesn't really relate to Ghengis Kahn at all.

Taet
2013-06-29, 12:19 AM
How can I assume that you don't hate me? There's a :smallannoyed: after I talked to you. Before I talked to you there weren't.

enderlord99
2013-06-29, 12:21 AM
How can I assume that you don't hate me? There's a :smallannoyed: after I talked to you. Before I talked to you there weren't.

You sound like I used to.

That's not good, especially seeing as you were quite cheerful when making the OP (as far as I can tell).

By the way, who here likes to read about kiwis on wikis and then texas toast?

Actually, I'm not going to texas toast my posts.

Roast ghost host most close nose glows snows grows toes raspberry alfalfa polyurethane...

HalfTangible
2013-06-29, 12:48 AM
I can honestly say, I've forgotten whether I've forgotten this or if I just wasn't around for whenever this got unveiled.

Some kind of vow or just an ironic turn of phrase for being involuntarily single?Meh :smalltongue: I'm not entirely sure how often I've brought it up.

It's a turn of phrase for being voluntarily single, finding nudity gagworthy and swearing off of porn.

I am amused by your comrades.I like 'em too :smallbiggrin:

The comic? What's wrong with it? Other than the early pages where Krunch essentially didn't have a head, that is.imho? Mostly lack of direction. It's often funny but it has the same feel as some of the roleplays I've played as far as direction goes, which isn't a good thing for something that's supposedly trying to tell a singular narrative. There's also problems with the impact and weight events should be having versus what they do.

Also, attempts to stay funny through memes and references. Which doesn't work.

Half tan... I Don't know what to say to that...:smalleek: That is sadnesssssss. WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?

Now, what is suffrage, and how does it relate to Ghengis Khan? (I know suffrage from context, but not an actual definition of "equality or etc...".:smalltongue:)*epic facepalm*

Oy gevalt. Trivia?
Suffrage just means the right to vote. It... doesn't really relate to Ghengis Kahn at all.

We were playing Cards Against Humanity (think ex-rated apples-to-apples). "Ghengis Khan" and "Women's suffrage" were both cards players had at the end of the game.

I had things like 'Dead Babies'.

It's a messed up game >.>

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-29, 12:53 AM
We were playing Cards Against Humanity (think ex-rated apples-to-apples). "Ghengis Khan" and "Women's suffrage" were both cards players had at the end of the game.

I had things like 'Dead Babies'.

It's a messed up game >.>

Oh, I love that game! :smallcool:

Those three cards are probably the least offensive ones I've seen in the game. :smallamused:

LaZodiac
2013-06-29, 01:02 AM
Oh, I love that game! :smallcool:

Those three cards are probably the least offensive ones I've seen in the game. :smallamused:

So true. Card's Againest Humanity is kind of a dark humour manifestation station.

Skeppio
2013-06-29, 01:30 AM

Because maybe, just maybe, I am capable of being upset with something someone says without loathing them entirely? Because it is in fact possible that I'm a human being, not some sort of hate-monster?

LaZodiac
2013-06-29, 02:07 AM
Ya'll just crazy. I wish everyone could get a long. I'm glad it seems things have cooled down some.

ION: Elden, the elf invoker of Pelor in my DND campaign, has become part Druid. Hooray! He's also got a legion of undead revenge spirits and he's leading them towards the christmas party of the main villain. Hooray?

Coidzor
2013-06-29, 03:06 AM
ION: Elden, the elf invoker of Pelor in my DND campaign, has become part Druid. Hooray! He's also got a legion of undead revenge spirits and he's leading them towards the christmas party of the main villain. Hooray?

...Worships Pelor. Leading Undead. Part Druid.

Christmas Party.

:smallconfused: I'm so lost right now

You were supposed to make a malapropism. :smalltongue:

Because maybe, just maybe, I am capable of being upset with something someone says without loathing them entirely? Because it is in fact possible that I'm a human being, not some sort of hate-monster?

Who was suggesting you weren't human? Methinks the Lady Doth Protest Too Much, and all that jazz. And you've got to be careful with that sort of thing, since the more people protest that they're human as a non sequitur, the more we have to wonder if we've got a First Contact scenario on our hands.

Rawhide
2013-06-29, 03:47 AM
Hey, everyone, settle down. I don't want to come through here and have to reprimand anyone.

Also, some advice to everyone. If something seems aggressive or antagonistic, it's probably not. It is very hard to communicate correctly through text, and very easy to misinterpret what was said, especially when cultural differences come into play. So, take a step back, reexamine what was said, and try to see it in as polite a way as possible. Then reply to it politely as if it was originally meant in the politest way you could interpret it. This will not only help reduce misunderstandings, but will also help diffuse the rare situations where the politest meaning wasn't meant.

---

Christmas Party.

So am I. There is absolutely no way any class granted power by Pelor should have a legion of undead. Pelor despises the undead and would strip their powers immediately.

Teddy
2013-06-29, 04:43 AM
One person. Can't say I've been a paragon of virtue around him, but I'm not sure why he'd just up and decide, bam, you're an ******* and I hate you. Good thing I never see him anymore or I'd care.

I'd blame the reptile brain. I know I have one person or another who my brain just have decided to dislike eternally and irrevocably, which is stupid because I'm still not sure what they ever did to trigger it to start with. Now, since I recognise this, I can at least combat it, so it shouldn't show, and I do manage to reason myself pretty well around the issue altogether, so I suppose I can get along, but it's makes it way too easy for me to get annoyed at the slightest flaws, which isn't exactly fun.

It blew my mind when I found out Sweden and Zodi-land got warmer than ideal temperature in the summer. Partially because I thought they both lived near or in regions of permafrost.

It may have something to do with the long days. Lots of sun means lots of heat. Also, I'm not exactly close to any form of permafrost. The Gulf Stream goes a long way in preventing that.

So am I. There is absolutely no way any class granted power by Pelor should have a legion of undead. Pelor despises the undead and would strip their powers immediately.

That's because they aren't undead spirits, they're primal spirits (I'm not entirely sure where LaLa mixed this one up. Probably somewhere close to when 70000 elves were being genocided in the lore leading up to the event (yes, I'm imposing lore upon the campaign I'm a player in :smallwink:)).

Mutant Sheep
2013-06-29, 09:14 AM
I dunno Teddy. That just seems a byproduct of having Teddy in ones campaign. Better logistics and backstory consistency. And a side dish of Slow-Comic.:smalltongue:

LaZodiac
2013-06-29, 09:44 AM

Christmas Party.

Well, as the good Teddy tells you, they are primal spirits. But they're primal spirits of revenge made from the angered, tormented souls of the many elves who died in a horrible fire.

Also, I noticed that in game the Lich's dinner party was going to be on December 25th in game, so I decided to make it an in universe feast day equivalent to Christmas.

That's because they aren't undead spirits, they're primal spirits (I'm not entirely sure where LaLa mixed this one up. Probably somewhere close to when 70000 elves were being genocided in the lore leading up to the event (yes, I'm imposing lore upon the campaign I'm a player in :smallwink:)).

Naw, it's not that I'm confused, it's that I personally don't see a difference. Ghosts and primordial spirits of revenge have a pretty big overlap :smalltongue:

Also, you can do this because I let you :smallamused:. After all, what's the fun of DND if you can't change the world in some way or another, can't influence it.

Teddy
2013-06-29, 09:59 AM
Naw, it's not that I'm confused, it's that I personally don't see a difference. Ghosts and primordial spirits of revenge have a pretty big overlap :smalltongue:

Actually, I kind of had the idea that it would be the same spirits who'd been there all the time, only lost and confused and angry because their world was taken from them, and they have no idea of how or why. Elden just wants to help them to revenge (and get revenge himself), plus maybe some more, but that's spoileriffic so I'll refrain from saying it publicly.

Also, you can do this because I let you :smallamused:. After all, what's the fun of DND if you can't change the world in some way or another, can't influence it.

Yeah, I know. Just teasing around with the facts. :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2013-06-29, 10:27 AM
Actually, I kind of had the idea that it would be the same spirits who'd been there all the time, only lost and confused and angry because their world was taken from them, and they have no idea of how or why. Elden just wants to help them to revenge (and get revenge himself), plus maybe some more, but that's spoileriffic so I'll refrain from saying it publicly.

Yeah, I know. Just teasing around with the facts. :smallwink:

Aaah, okay (times 2, since I have the same thing to say about both of those things!)

I think we might need a bit more communication between ourselves on this point, so we don't end up in a situation where Pinkhair asks me "what's going on" and my answer is "I don't knoooow XP" :smalltongue:

Coidzor
2013-06-29, 10:50 AM
Also, I noticed that in game the Lich's dinner party was going to be on December 25th in game, so I decided to make it an in universe feast day equivalent to Christmas.

Ancient Festivus Of Evil! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MeQJuBHCE8)

One is dead people's leftovers that need to be put to rest or destroyed as per Pelor and how nice the Pelorite is feeling. The other is more like fey, I'd have argued.

LaZodiac
2013-06-29, 11:08 AM
Ancient Festivus Of Evil! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MeQJuBHCE8)

One is dead people's leftovers that need to be put to rest or destroyed as per Pelor and how nice the Pelorite is feeling. The other is more like fey, I'd have argued.

Pelor doesn't hate undead (well, he probably dislikes them at least), I should note. It's the Raven Queen's thing to REALLY hate the undead, but then she's more focused on the zombie type stuff. Ghosts are...basically just souls that haven't passed on, and since people where made out of the primordial chaos like everything else, one COULD say that ghosts are just primal spirits.

Though in this case when Teddy said Primal, he meant "primal as in nature" not primal as in primordial. I'm just arguing semantics at this point, the fact is Elden is now a Vengeance machine and it's awesome!

Oh, also, Elden is an Invoker, so I don't think the God's can strip him of his power. Atleast without killing the guy. Invoker's have a shard of the god's power inside them, it's not really a power that's granted so much as built in.

Coidzor
2013-06-29, 11:16 AM
Pelor doesn't hate undead (well, he probably dislikes them at least), I should note. It's the Raven Queen's thing to REALLY hate the undead, but then she's more focused on the zombie type stuff. Ghosts are...basically just souls that haven't passed on, and since people where made out of the primordial chaos like everything else, one COULD say that ghosts are just primal spirits.

Though in this case when Teddy said Primal, he meant "primal as in nature" not primal as in primordial. I'm just arguing semantics at this point, the fact is Elden is now a Vengeance machine and it's awesome!

Oh, also, Elden is an Invoker, so I don't think the God's can strip him of his power. Atleast without killing the guy. Invoker's have a shard of the god's power inside them, it's not really a power that's granted so much as built in.

Ahh, yet another thing they changed in 4e. I guess they at least had a reason for it when they introduced the Raven Queen.

I thought he meant Primal as in the Druidic Power Source or wossname, myself.

Sounds like fuel for some squick and body horror, especially if you include any ineffable horrors or eldritch abominations.

LaZodiac
2013-06-29, 11:25 AM
Ahh, yet another thing they changed in 4e. I guess they at least had a reason for it when they introduced the Raven Queen.

I thought he meant Primal as in the Druidic Power Source or wossname, myself.

Sounds like fuel for some squick and body horror, especially if you include any ineffable horrors or eldritch abominations.

Well yes, that is what he meant by Primal.

And I'm not sure! I guess Pelor doesn't like undead since he's the god of life and stuff! Also, don't take everything I say at face value I have my own setting, of sorts. Gnomes are still Gnomes in 4e, but if I were to describe the gnomes that are in my game, you'd basically get "they're the mafia".

And yes. Imagine being an invoker of Vecna, or Asmodeus.

Taet
2013-06-29, 11:48 AM
That string of nonsense made me smile. Thanks, enderlord. :smallsmile:

enderlord99
2013-06-29, 11:58 AM
That string of nonsense made me smile. Thanks, enderlord. :smallsmile:

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-29, 12:12 PM
Ya'll just crazy. I wish everyone could get a long. I'm glad it seems things have cooled down some.

Us, crazy?
Heh, we're not crazy.
Well, it's more of you're crazy. :smalltongue:
Hey!
Heh, no comment. :smallamused:

If I hadn't been following the campaign, that would seem really confusing. :smallamused:

Well, there's always the Burning Hate... :smalltongue: Of course, he hates undead too, because it's harder to hurt them with his sunly power.

Coidzor
2013-06-29, 01:36 PM
Us, crazy?
Heh, we're not crazy.
Well, it's more of you're crazy. :smalltongue:
Hey!
Heh, no comment. :smallamused:

If I hadn't been following the campaign, that would seem really confusing. :smallamused:

Well, there's always the Burning Hate... :smalltongue: Of course, he hates undead too, because it's harder to hurt them with his sunly power.

Yes. Yes all y'all are.

I keep trying to start, I must admit...

I've always wanted to play as a Crusader of the Burning Hate/Cleric/Burning Hate Vindicator. This Pelor of mine is on fire with an awesome power! The Burning Hate tells me to defeat you!

TaiLiu
2013-06-29, 02:50 PM
I'm on a boat! :smallsmile:

HalfTangible
2013-06-29, 02:53 PM
I'm on a boat! :smallsmile:

With the man your man could smell like? :smalltongue:

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-29, 07:42 PM
I keep trying to start, I must admit...

I've always wanted to play as a Crusader of the Burning Hate/Cleric/Burning Hate Vindicator. This Pelor of mine is on fire with an awesome power! The Burning Hate tells me to defeat you!

It's a good read, even where the party isn't... a cohesive team. :smallamused: The part with the plant is awesome.

You've got to get Desert Wind on there, somehow. :smallcool:

AsteriskAmp
2013-06-29, 08:15 PM
I've always wanted to play as a Crusader of the Burning Hate/Cleric/Burning Hate Vindicator. This Pelor of mine is on fire with an awesome power! The Burning Hate tells me to defeat you!A vampire cleric of pelor; he worships the sun for it's lethality and not incinerating him during the night.

Alternatively; he wishes to accelerate the sun process of dessication and blistering. Of course you take the name Jozan...

It's a good read, even where the party isn't... a cohesive team. :smallamused: The part with the plant is awesome.Is it ever?

LaZodiac
2013-06-29, 08:18 PM
A vampire cleric of pelor; he worships the sun for it's lethality and not incinerating him during the night.

Alternatively; he wishes to accelerate the sun process of dessication and blistering. Of course you take the name Jozan...

Is it ever?

You could also play a Vrylocka, who don't have a weakness to the sun, and claim you're just a basic vampire who was blessed not to be harmed by the sun so as to better serve your lord.

It totally is! Sometimes...

AsteriskAmp
2013-06-29, 08:22 PM
You could also play a Vrylocka, who don't have a weakness to the sun, and claim you're just a basic vampire who was blessed not to be harmed by the sun so as to better serve your lord.Vrylocka is 4E the Burning Hatred is from 3.5, because there, the existence of an evil cleric of Pelor implies Pelor is at best Neutral (and through several arguments exposed across the web; probably evil).

In 4E you can have the do-good Cleric and Paladin of Vecna and the evil cultist of Bahamut without it meaning anything of its god.

It totally is! Sometimes...Are we reading the same threads?

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-29, 08:28 PM
Is it ever?

It totally is! Sometimes...

Yeah, sure! Like... the first two or three pages of the first thread. :smallamused: :smalltongue:

enderlord99
2013-06-29, 08:30 PM
In 4E you can have the do-good Cleric and Paladin of Vecna and the evil cultist of Bahamut without it meaning anything of its god.

...Have you read the sourcebooks, or are you just parroting rumors?

Because Clerics (and similar) have alignment restrictions based on their deity's alignment in both editions, and other characters (such as Wizards, Fighters, Rogues, etc.) have such restrictions in neither edition.

LaZodiac
2013-06-29, 08:34 PM
Vrylocka is 4E the Burning Hatred is from 3.5, because there, the existence of an evil cleric of Pelor implies Pelor is at best Neutral (and through several arguments exposed across the web; probably evil).

Are we reading the same threads?

Good point. And yes I'm reading the same thread, I'm just too optimistic.

Because Clerics (and similar) have alignment restrictions based on their deity's alignment in both editions, and other characters (such as Wizards, Fighters, Rogues, etc.) have such restrictions in neither edition.

cough cough in 4e you don't have an alignment restriction unless you're a WArpriest, Cavalier, or Blackguard.

AsteriskAmp
2013-06-29, 08:38 PM
Yeah, sure! Like... the first two or three pages of the first thread. :smallamused: :smalltongue:Are you implying my absence is related to that (followed by a bad attempt at looking innocent)?

Because Clerics (and similar) have alignment restrictions based on their deity's alignment in both editions, and other characters (such as Wizards, Fighters, Rogues, etc.) have such restrictions in neither edition.Yes, I've thoroughly read every single literary production for 4E; amongst the most basic of those, the PHb.

And no; they don't have, that's just related to choosing a deity at investment. You can be invested and then simply go evil or good as you wish; one cannot fall in 4E because the power comes not from the deity but the investment; in fact, it's not even clear what happens with the specific "Channel Divinity"s you may have at said moment.

enderlord99
2013-06-29, 08:50 PM
cough cough in 4e you don't have an alignment restriction unless you're a WArpriest, Cavalier, or Blackguard.

On the contrary. Clerics' alignments must match their deities' unless the cleric or their deity is Unaligned. Paladins have the same restriction. Avengers must be Unaligned or whatever alignment their deity is. Invokers' alignments must match their deities' exactly.

Those restrictions are, admittedly, in easy-to-miss sidebars, and only mentioned once for each class, but they still exist.

EDIT: Okay, apparently, by RAW, that only applies when you start the game, not later.

AsteriskAmp
2013-06-29, 08:51 PM
On the contrary. Clerics' alignments must match their deities' unless the cleric or their deity is Unaligned. Paladins have the same restriction. Avengers must be Unaligned or whatever alignment their deity is. Invokers' alignments must match their deities' exactly.

Those restrictions are, admittedly, in easy-to-miss sidebars, and only mentioned once for each class, but they still exist.As mentioned above, for clerics it's only related to being initiated, afterwards you can stray as you wish without any explicit consequence.

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-29, 08:55 PM
Good point. And yes I'm reading the same thread, I'm just too optimistic.

That, and not all DMs enforce alignment restrictions. I know I don't. Then again, most of the gods in my setting are neither explicitly good nor evil, so that's not much of an issue.

Are you implying my absence is related to that (followed by a bad attempt at looking innocent)?

Nah... their teamwork was suspect well before Adalhard joined the party. :smallamused:

AsteriskAmp
2013-06-29, 09:01 PM
That, and not all DMs enforce alignment restrictions. I know I don't. Then again, most of the gods in my setting are neither explicitly good nor evil, so that's not much of an issue.There is also there being the fact that there is no limitation to the amount of gods you can worship IRC; meaning you can worship several of them and get away with being a cleric because your alignment matches on of the ones you worship (also, CHANNEL DIVINITY MIX MATCH ABUSE!).

Nah... their teamwork was suspect well before Adalhard joined the party. :smallamused:-sighs in relieve-

May be related to lack of coordination because players don't really talk to each other regularly, in or outside combat; and not knowing how the other characters work because when someone goes AWOL it defaults to the DM?

Rawhide
2013-06-29, 09:22 PM
Ok, so there is no 'falling' or stripping of powers in 4e anymore, but there should still be consequences. Pelor is especially opposed to the undead, even good aligned undead, and associating with them or otherwise breaking the order's code is likely to incur the wrath of other members of the order who will hunt the wayward member down in order to punish them (methods of punishment will vary by deity, as will wether you get a trial or not).

AsteriskAmp
2013-06-29, 09:30 PM
Ok, so there is no 'falling' or stripping of powers in 4e any more, but there should still be consequences. Pelor is especially opposed to the undead, even good aligned undead, and associating with them or otherwise breaking the order's code is likely to incur the wrath of other members of the order who will hunt the wayward member down in order to punish them (methods of punishment will vary by deity, as will whether you get a trial or not).That however is up to each individual DM to decide upon. Mechanically there are no consequences. Some DMs can play Pelor as the Burning Hatred, or ignore the undead aspect of it. Consequences also depend on how one treis to understand the pantheons or their roles and even to what extent they are involved with the world.

One can have an evil cleric of Pelor, and to some degree in 4E philosohpy (and in one particular case to my memory it's explicitly mentioned) one is still embodying an aspect of Pelor. Bahamut is mentioned as allowing misguided zealots and even evil representatives of him because they still cover an aspect of himself.

An undead cleric of Pelor could be the embodiment of what Pelor rejects; what a person rejects is still representative of him, almost as much, if not more than what one embraces. Alternatively, put a spin on it and play the Hegelian Cleric of Pelor, you are the Negation of Pelor's thesis so that your god can further perfect himself.

enderlord99
2013-06-29, 09:39 PM
I still don't know what being "a god" means.

Beyond being "really good at something."

If we assign an arbitrary level of skill above which someone is "God of {thing they're skilled at}," then...

Well, "arbitrary" is clearly the most important word.

AsteriskAmp
2013-06-29, 09:43 PM
I still don't know what being "a god" means.

Beyond being "really good at something."

If we assign an arbitrary level of skill above which someone is "God of {thing they're skilled at}," then...

Well, how big is a heap of sand?In D&D depends on the edition.

In 4E it's arbitrary and given by the book.

In 3.5 it's related to Divine Rank and having Salient Divine Abilities.

Apart of the gods (some of which are statted and are near the lvl 35 mark) there are also archfeys which are very near it at times, Demon Lords which are near if not there already, unstatted amazing creatures and other such things. It's quite arbitrary considering that depending on the edition in some it's possible to kill one without being one yourself.

Rawhide
2013-06-29, 10:18 PM
That however is up to each individual DM to decide upon.

Of course. Rule zero and all that. Hence my use of the word "should". By the lore set out for Pelor, there should be consequences. It's up to the DM to decide what, if any, there will be.

AsteriskAmp
2013-06-29, 10:27 PM
Of course. Rule zero and all that. Hence my use of the word "should". By the lore set out for Pelor, there should be consequences. It's up to the DM to decide what, if any, there will be.I'm not even sure if there is precedent for Pelor punishing anyone or anything at all; he's kinda the softy insane god who also has a Shard of the Living God inside his pillow. So if he can do that... maybe one undead between the ranks is proportionally not that important.

Rawhide
2013-06-29, 11:02 PM
I'm not even sure if there is precedent for Pelor punishing anyone or anything at all; he's kinda the softy insane god who also has a Shard of the Living God inside his pillow. So if he can do that... maybe one undead between the ranks is proportionally not that important.

Who said anything about Pelor punishing anyone? Pretty sure I said "[Pelor's] order". D&D and fantasy in general is rife with various orders doing something because they feel it is what their deity would want.

Plus, "legion of undead" is hardly "one undead between the ranks".

AsteriskAmp
2013-06-29, 11:06 PM
Who said anything about Pelor punishing anyone? Pretty sure I said "[Pelor's] order". D&D and fantasy in general is rife with various orders doing something because they feel it is what their deity would want.He's a PC, pretty sure by the end of heroic where he is he can actually kill whatever order decides to tackle the massive army.

Plus, "legion of undead" is hardly "one undead between the ranks".Well, when does a number of them become a legion? What if they were raised by Pelor for that person?

LaZodiac
2013-06-29, 11:14 PM
Who said anything about Pelor punishing anyone? Pretty sure I said "[Pelor's] order". D&D and fantasy in general is rife with various orders doing something because they feel it is what their deity would want.

Plus, "legion of undead" is hardly "one undead between the ranks".

The fact that my campaign is technically the cause of this discussion amuses me greatly :smallamused:

Rawhide
2013-06-30, 01:00 AM
He's a PC, pretty sure by the end of heroic where he is he can actually kill whatever order decides to tackle the massive army.

Depends on what the DM decides to throw at him, and if he wants to become a criminal, an outcast, and start killing members of his own order. Certainly opens up a new campaign path if he does, though... Heck, even just defending his actions at a trial could possibly be a fun thing to do.

Well, when does a number of them become a legion?

Technically? 3000-6000 soldiers.

Colloquially? Very great in number, very large amount, a vast multitude.

What if they were raised by Pelor for that person?

Pelor, by lore, wouldn't do that. If Pelor did that, it's not the same Pelor.

LaZodiac
2013-06-30, 01:32 AM
Uwaaaaah!

For the first time ever, I beat Metroid 2: Return of Samus, one of the first games I've ever owned that I can remember actually owning.

I was 52 minutes off from getting the bikini ending. My timing is impecible, clearly.

FinnLassie
2013-06-30, 03:14 AM
North of Finland is good. Mobile internets bad. :smallcool:

Coidzor
2013-06-30, 04:18 AM
North of Finland is good. Mobile internets bad. :smallcool:

Glad you're having fun. :smallsmile:

Uwaaaaah!

For the first time ever, I beat Metroid 2: Return of Samus, one of the first games I've ever owned that I can remember actually owning.

I was 52 minutes off from getting the bikini ending. My timing is impecible, clearly.

What's life without something to strive for, after all? :smallamused:

Skeppio
2013-06-30, 04:30 AM
Uwaaaaah!

Yay, I beat that not too long ago myself! I have to say, I think it's an overlooked but pretty good game. :smallsmile:

Rawhide
2013-06-30, 05:02 AM
Uwaaaaah!

Uuuuuuuuuuullaaaaaa! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrZ7ZwqC6d0)