PDA

View Full Version : The Emissary - Single Player Campaign, Part 2

LaZodiac
2013-06-24, 01:38 AM
Yay flipflooping between campaigns and stuff!

When we last left off, the party had just reached the cooling room of the Las Mascaras Ocoltus secret lab they had found. Sorin had just received a communication from Tytannia, the archfey he has a secret pact with, telling him that where they are in now is a perfect area for her to manifest and speak more freely. What mysterious does she hold, and what has happened to Bloodfang, the shifter infected with the enigmatic AG that was being tested here!

Blue Ghost
2013-06-24, 01:46 AM
The party regroups in the lab room to decide their next move.
We need to hurry if we are to catch Bloodfang, Elias growls.
True, but we can't leave Professor Shent all alone here. She's still not fully recovered. I'm going to have to tend to her for some more.
An' there's still that room with the altar. Probably got some loot ready for pickin'. I'm gonna go check it out. Dealin' with the bugs won't be a problem.
Elias, acting as the party leader, comes to a decision. All right. Beren and Lelastri, you go and search back at the altar room. Miriam and Anna, tend to Shent. I'll stay with you to question her further. Sorin, you take Ryko and search the cooling room.

And so, we'll split up, each taking our appointed tasks.

LaZodiac
2013-06-24, 02:48 AM
Okay, I'll take these in order...

The giant ants in the ant stable aren't all that difficult, and the two are able to smash them quite easily with a mix of magics. There sadly isn't any real loot here, other then the saddle bags and slop they fed the ants. The only thing of real note is the Vecnean obelisk made of Odstone, that was releasing mind control magic on the ants, making them docile unless attacked. It takes a 25 arcana check to disable (and, as a result, destroy) the obelisk, but between Beren and Leleastri this isn't really anything at all. The remaining chunks of odstone after the destruction could fetch a pretty penny, about 500 gold worth of the stuff.

--------

Miriam and Anna check on Professor Shent. She's still out cold, but it's clear she's recovering quite nicely, given that her right arm's been amputated. You don't think it'd be dangerous to wake her up for questioning.

--------

Sorin and Ryko search the cooling room. They can see some rather fine traces of blood mixed in with the destroyed suppresent of AG that is staining the floor. Ryko could probably track the scene of the blood, assuming it's Bloodfang's and assuming he rolls a high enough nature check. Also as a reminder there is a big ole hole in the wall leading outside, and peering out said hole reveals a fairly obvious path. Ryko's job isn't SO hard.

Tyrannia, of course, asks Sorin "Take it out. The pendant."

Blue Ghost
2013-06-24, 11:18 PM
Beren studies the obelisk with interest. Odstone. I could craft somethin' handy with this. Well, let's tear down this infernal thing an' put it to good use, shall we?
Allow me.
Lelastri reaches out to the obelisk, attempting to make a connection to Vecna's domain and siphon some insight from the Lord of Secrets. To find where his prize lies, he would have to pry some information from those who know.

Arcana or Religion check: [roll0]

--------

With a soft prayer, Miriam infuses Professor Shent with another dose of healing energy, soothing her and waking her up.

---------

While Ryko sniffs at the trail, Sorin takes out the pendant. What do you want?
Ryko turns to look, but Sorin pays him no heed.

LaZodiac
2013-06-24, 11:34 PM
Lelastri feels a twinge of pain in his mind, and hears a soft, pitiless laugh. All he can divine from trying to contact Vecna is a succinct feeling of "you are doomed". Additionally, Lelastri is unable to take the obelisk down, though Beren can easily assist him.

-------------

Professor Shent, somewhat groggily, awakens, and shakes her head "Ah. It...appears I am alive. Everything..." she reaches over to feel for her missing arm, grasps nothing "...seems to be in order."

-----------

As the butterfly pendant is exposed to the cold, Sorin feels a deep chill, as icy mist is expelled from it. The mist forms infront of him in the visage of Tytannia, a women in a frayed, though still elegant, dress. As if she was going out to eat, the thought crosses Sorin's mind. Her hands seem a little wispy as well, and her hair ruffled. "I wished to speak more freely with you, oh Sorin. I can only muster up a good conversation in a cold place such as this" She twirls around for a moment, her frayed fairy wings glistening like fresh snow. The cold seems to be drawn into her. "And I'm certain you have some questions for me."

Blue Ghost
2013-06-25, 01:50 AM
Lelastri curses in the drow language, punctuated with intricate hand gestures. He proceeds to dismantle the obelisk with Beren's aid. Beren picks up the bits of odstone and pockets them.

-----

Miriam nods. You're going to be all right. You were infected pretty badly; we had no choice but to amputate.
If you're wondering why we kept you alive, says Elias, it's because we need someone who knows about the AG to prevent an outbreak. When this is over, you're coming with us to Brindol.

----

Sorin is rather annoyed with Tytannia, and shows it. Quit it with the games, woman. What do you want?

LaZodiac
2013-06-25, 08:29 AM
Professor Shent moves a bit, so she's in a more comfortable sitting position. "Quite understandable. I'll tell you all I know about AG. My infection, despite taking the utmost precaution, has made me realize that my compatriot may of been using me as a test subject. The only one allowed to do that is myself. Consider my ties with them cut."

----------------

Tytannia gains a more solemn expression, and answers. "I am dying, lone wolf. You already know why. The dream, the feast...the gorgon. You must kill her, take her staff and her ring, and give them to me. Only then will I regain my full strength, and be able to reward you properly."

Blue Ghost
2013-06-29, 11:21 PM
Miriam is sympathetic to Professor Shent, but wary. So will you come with us? We need you.

Insight for general trustworthiness: [roll0]

---

Sorin shakes his head. I work alone. You enlisted me without my consent. Why did you choose me anyway?

LaZodiac
2013-06-30, 01:24 AM
Miriam is sympathetic to Professor Shent, but wary. So will you come with us? We need you.

Insight for general trustworthiness: [roll0]

---

Sorin shakes his head. I work alone. You enlisted me without my consent. Why did you choose me anyway?

Professor Shent gives a polite, professional smile. Really more a slightest grin "I will come with you."

Miriam does not detect any untrustworthiness. Shent still seem's a bit odd, but Miriam can tell it's definitely more of a "Shent is a weird person" vibe, not a "she'll betray us" vibe.

-----------

"Because your swordplay was superb. I needed someone who'd...be able to restore me to full power. And I must admit your lone wolf mentality did make you quite suitable for the task. Though it appears some assistance is needed." she answers, after a brief pause to think.

Blue Ghost
2013-07-07, 11:25 PM
Mad drow scientists generally are kinda weird.

Elias asks, What were they planning with the experiments?

-----

I need no assistance. I shall be well enough on my own, and I will not owe you anything. Sorin huffs. But I can always take on an employer. What's in it for me?

LaZodiac
2013-07-07, 11:38 PM
Mad drow scientists generally are kinda weird.

Elias asks, What were they planning with the experiments?

-----

I need no assistance. I shall be well enough on my own, and I will not owe you anything. Sorin huffs. But I can always take on an employer. What's in it for me?

Psst, Shent's an elf, not a drow :smalltongue:

"To make soldiers. Weapons, to be blunt and truthful. You've seen a taste of what this can do, some of the men you've killed were intentionaly infected with it, and even in the beginning stages they were much fiercer. And as you saw with..." she gestures to her now missing arm "in the later stages, insectoid weaponry and armour will start to show up. Imagine controlling a legion of orcs that could spit acid, fly, and tear through steel with three foot long claws. Quite ambitious, really."

-------------

Tytania steeples her fingers, palms facing up "Your reward? Fame, glory, riches. Imagine it, your own castle, servants, knights. All manner of enjoyment. When I am restored you shall get all you could ask for and more"

Blue Ghost
2013-07-10, 12:14 AM
Anna frowns in consternation. How far did they get with this?

-----

Sorin smiles slightly, though something in him still feels uneasy. All that, eh? I think that will be worth it. Who is this Gorgon Queen, and where can I find her?

LaZodiac
2013-07-10, 12:27 AM
"Not that far. We have a few...completed, soldiers, though not completely controllable and not able to revert back to humanoid form. Also, as a result, they lack any sort of mind and thus must be kept docile. They've already been shipped far off to the north. Our current mission was to find a way to perfect it, to make controllable soldiers. As you may of seen, we hadn't worked out all the kinks yet."

----------------

"She is in the Feywild." Tytannia answers. For a brief moment she, not so much scowls as she does smile unhappily, then continues "She's in my home. She's taken it over and turned it into a temple of snakes. She's done a good job of hiding it, to appease the God she serves, which frustrates me to no end. I am too weak to find it currently."

She takes a deep breath, and swirls around a bit, seemingly absorbing the cold again. "As for who she is? She is Serpiente, the Queen of Gorgons. She is not yet an archfey, though her power is comparable to one. She has tried for a long time to become one, and has gotten in with that masked group you and your allies are involved with. She's a disgusting, brutish, but willy creature, with a taste for elves."

Blue Ghost
2013-07-10, 12:47 AM
Are there any other labs working on this project? Anna asks, worried.

-----

A near archfey, eh? Sorin muses. And involved with the same group I'm currently hunting. Well, if I follow this path, I'm bound to meet up with her eventually. Very well then, I shall slay this Serpiente for you.

LaZodiac
2013-07-10, 12:58 AM
Professor Shent swallows noticeably, then answers "...yes, there are. A few. Small, splinter labs, not as elaborate as ours. They'd get much less progress done...but less chance of accidental or otherwise infection. I sadly don't know where any of them are. Cult of Vecna and all, they were rather tight lipped about it."

-------------

Tytannia smiles "Good. Now...is there anything you wish to discuss, before I return?"

Blue Ghost
2013-07-11, 12:47 AM
Well, we'll just have to hope that those won't be too much of a problem. We've the main lab secured; hopefully that'll be enough to disrupt this infernal project.

It's around this time that Beren and Lelastri return to rejoin the party.

-----

Sorin shakes his head. I won't stay to chat any more. I have business to take care of.

LaZodiac
2013-07-11, 12:58 AM
"Yes, this IS the major lab, so it will certainly give them some issue. Though this does also mean that, once they get word of this, they'll be looking for you. Of course you're heroes, I have a feeling you want that."

-----

"Very well, Sorin. I shall return." She gives him a brief smile, and fades into a blue, mist like energy, before vanishing .

Blue Ghost
2013-07-13, 10:51 PM
We want nothing more nor less than to return peace to Elsir Vale, Elias says grimly. The sooner we are rid of this threat, the better.
Aye, and the sooner we go on gettin' after Bloodfang, the better. He's got a big head start now, we'd better catch up. What's taking Sorin so long?

-----

As Sorin watches Tytannia fade, a sense of awe intrudes upon his heart. Though in his mind he regarded the whole deal as just another contract with a capricious employer, he sees something transcendent in the otherworldly beauty of the archfey. Perhaps it's something like the sense of the divine that his sister always claims to see in nature...

He shakes himself out of his reverie and returns to the party, Ryko following close behind him. Come, the trail is growing cold. We must hurry.
The others nod, and prepare to head out. We'll meet you back here as soon as we catch Bloodfang. Then we'll take you to Brindol. Stay put.
As they leave to follow the blood trail, Ryko gives Anna a knowing look.

LaZodiac
2013-07-14, 12:01 AM
Okay! Ryko leads the party down the trail of blood. The blood doesn't petter out, though it's quite clear you wouldn't of needed it. Underbrush is scattered aside, ground torn up, even the occasional chunk taken from a tree. It's not hard to follow the trail, that leads straight back to Elsircross!

The gates to Elsircross are open, which is odd. The guards that would be standing here are dead, which is odder. One has a dozen knife wounds, while the other seems to have his chest torn open, armour and all. This is QUITE destructive, especially for Bloodfang. He may be strong but not this strong.

Blue Ghost
2013-07-14, 12:17 AM
Miriam gasps at the sight of the carnage. Did Bloodfang do ll this?
Elias nods. That infernal compound that the cultists made... Do they have any idea what they're playing with?

The party looks around for living witnesses who may tell them what went on.

LaZodiac
2013-07-14, 12:21 AM
There is infact a witness nearby. Hiding between some cracks in the wall is a scrawny looking guardsmen, clearly new to this. He draws his sword nervously. "Are...are ya'll with Mistah Bloodfang?" he says, clearly nervous even through his accent.

Blue Ghost
2013-07-14, 03:02 PM
Elias shakes his head. No. We're here to help. What happened here?

LaZodiac
2013-07-14, 03:10 PM
The guardsmen seems hesitant, and keep's his sword drawn towards the party. "I-...the Mistah Bloodfang. The Baron said he's on our side. To let em and his guys...do their thing. So...when Mistah Bloodfang showed...showed up, we said hello and opened the gate." He looks to one of the dead guards "Bu-...but he was actin' all weird like, and Buddy over there...he didn't call him Mistah. So he just pounced on him!"

Blue Ghost
2013-07-14, 03:12 PM
Well, where did he go? Elias snarls impatiently. We have to stop him before he rips this city apart..

LaZodiac
2013-07-14, 03:16 PM
At Elias's snarl he gives a sort shriek and nearly drops his sword "H-h-hee went to the center! Near the fountain! You can't miss it, you can't miss it!"

Blue Ghost
2013-07-14, 04:12 PM
Move out! Elias barks.
Everyone readies their weapons to move toward the fountain.

LaZodiac
2013-07-14, 04:56 PM
It doesn't take much to refind the blood trail. You get to the center of town, at the fountain. Original it had a statue of an angel holding a jar of flowing water, it was now a statue of Baron Trask, water flowing from the head of a defeated foe. Normally the water is, as you'd expect, blue. Today the water runs run. You can see even from a distance that people have been killed and mashed into the pool of the fountain.

Standing infront of the pool is Bloodfang, looking worse for ware. His skin has taken a ghastly pale shade, and his knuckles are torn open from punching. His arms, from the elbow to the finger tips, are a deep crimson. His eyes seem to be bugging out, his chest heaving as he breaths out the words "You've...followed me!"

Blue Ghost
2013-07-15, 12:19 AM
End of the line, Bloodfang! Elias roars. Now you shall pay for all the blood you've spilt!

Initiative now, I presume?

LaZodiac
2013-07-15, 12:38 AM
"You will...all die" he says, letting out a scratchy shout. He then begins to change. His arms twist, as if someone was rotating the very bone in it's joint, then suddenly snap at the elbow with a crunch. The arms then burst, a large, three taloned white claw, stained with blood, bursting from the elbow area. You see his chest heave in, as if he was breathing in air, and hear a sickening crunch as his back splits open, two white wing beetle shells (bleached with red blood, as are all his insect parts) coming from it, complete with glittering red wings. His feet seem to spasm, almost making him fall, before three talons (two in the front, one behind) burst from his boots, and you realize that his humanoid legs stop at the knee.

At this point Bloodfang begins to cry. His eyes then start to twitch quite violently, bursts of blood coming from them as his eyes forcibly segment themselves and running down his face, mixing with the tears to make a dark red stain. Finally, he tries to speak, but his bottom jaw snaps in half and extends, bursting from his mouth, tearing the bottom half of his face completely asunder, two huge stag beetle horns made from his lower jaws now in their place (you can see the little spikes on the horns where his teeth are). He manages to get his words out regardless. "KIYAAAAAAAAHMAAAAAH"

Yes, roll initiatve. I'll roll his once I've got the map done.

Blue Ghost
2013-07-18, 12:02 AM
Elias takes his battle stance. Eeeulalia! This is your dying day, monster!
[roll0]

Anna and Ryko stare the monster in the eye, sword and fangs at the ready. You're going down!
[roll1]

Sorin flourishes his sword and gives a slight smile. Looks like we have an actual challenge coming our way.
[roll2]

Miriam clutches her holy symbol, whispering a prayer. Pelor keep us safe.
[roll3]

Beren yawns nonchalantly. You guys take care of this, I'll just watch. Maybe provide some fireworks for the show.
[roll4]

Lelastri brandishes his rod and points it at the monster. ...
[roll5]

LaZodiac
2013-07-21, 09:20 AM
Map: http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk69/LaZodiac/EmissaryEncounter.png

Pick your starting locations, just start in any non building square to the right of Bloodfang.

Bloodfang lets out a roar "KIYAAAAAAAHMAAAAAAH"
[roll0]

Blue Ghost
2013-07-21, 07:03 PM
We shall start in the following positions:

Elias M8
Anna N8
Ryko N7
Sorin N9
Lelastri O7
Miriam O8
Beren O9

And Bloodfang got a natural 20 in initiative!

LaZodiac
2013-07-21, 07:13 PM
Bloodfang did get a huge initiative! He goes first! He starts to shimmer blue, before suddenly vanishing! The cobblestone beneath him cracks, some smaller pieces flying up from the force of his teleport fast movement!

Suddenly the ground infront of Elias cracks as well, smaller pieces flying in every direction, as Bloodfang appears infront of him, swinging his claw into his chest!

Elias: [roll0] vs AC

[roll1] damage if it hits.

Bloodfang then vanishes again, this time the ground cracking next to Lelastri, in square O6! Bloodfang reappears, clawing at Lelastri!

Lelastri: [roll2] vs AC

[roll3] damage if it hits.

It then vanishes again, this time the sound of shingles cracking, shards of broken roofing falling down as he moves to N3 with his blinding fast teleport like speed that you may recall. He'll then rear back and let out a vicious howl, mandibles clicking as he does. "CAAAAAATOOOOMAAAAHH!"

Sorin's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-07-22, 01:02 AM
Elias grunts as Bloodfang's claw slashes him across the chest. His armor takes the brunt of the blow, but it reverberates painfully. Lelastri receives a light graze on the shoulder.

Seeing the quarry on the rooftop, Sorin and Anna delay, waiting for a better opportunity to strike.

Lelastri moves forward, chanting an invocation to the stars. The mark of Acamar appears upon Bloodfang as three silver orbs of light circle around him. The orbs release three simultaneous crackling blasts of light.

Move: To N6
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Bloodfang
Standard: Crown of Stars on Bloodfang:

Attack: [roll0] vs. Reflex
Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2] radiant.

LaZodiac
2013-07-22, 01:04 AM
Bloodfang's not even phased by the attack!

Miriam's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-07-22, 11:14 PM
Miriam raises her holy symbol, sending a beam of golden light toward Bloodfang, bearing the seal of Pelor.

Astral Seal.

If hit, Sorin takes -2 to defenses for one round, Elias gets 3 temporary HP, and Miriam gets 2 temporary HP.

LaZodiac
2013-07-23, 08:24 AM
Unfortunately, Bloodfang is able to shrug off that spell as well!

Map: http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk69/LaZodiac/EmissaryEncounter-1.png

As a reminder, the buildings are two squares high, and it's an athletics or acrobatics to climb up the building wall.

Beren's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-07-23, 10:27 PM
Yes, but if we climb up the wall, we'll have to climb down, and we don't want to spend the entire encounter climbing up and down walls after a super-agile bug monster if we don't have to.

Beren will try to make sure we don't have to. He twirls his orb and assaults Bloodfang with a burst of mental magic, to try to make him stumble off the roof.

Charm of Misplaced Wrath.
Attack: [roll0] vs. Will
Hit: Bloodfang is slid to K6 and dazed.
Effect: Bloodfang trips over himself (basic attack against himself.)

LaZodiac
2013-07-23, 10:34 PM
Bloodfang gets disoriented and stumbles to K6! He falls down on his face, taking the damage he gains because of Beren's spell!

[roll0] and ongoing 5 damage as his mandibles get pushed back into his face, tearing into it! (he has two basic attacks and you get to choose which one, so you chose his Bite attack)

I assume at this point the others rush him!

LaZodiac
2013-07-23, 10:37 PM
Forgot my attack roll!

[roll0] vs AC

Blue Ghost
2013-07-25, 11:35 PM
Sorin's quick blade is there to impale Bloodfang as he falls.

Sorin to J5, Riposte Strike.

Attack: [roll0] vs. AC
Damage: [roll1] (counting sneak attack), and ready riposte.

LaZodiac
2013-07-25, 11:37 PM
Sorin missteps, foot snagging on some of the torn up road Bloodfang..well, tore up. His blade doesn't even begin to pierce his chitinous hide.

Blue Ghost
2013-07-26, 01:43 AM
Without hesitation, Anna and Ryko move in, flanking the dazed Bloodfang, in a coordinated assault.

Anna to K5, Ryko to K7. Designate Bloodfang as quarry. Combined Attack.

Attack (Anna): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Attack (Ryko): [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

If either hits, extra damage from Hunter's Quarry: [roll4]

Blue Ghost
2013-07-26, 08:47 PM
Elias charges in, blade swinging in a deadly arc, roaring his challenge to Bloodfang. Eeeeeeulaliaaaaa! Come and face me, knave!

Move to L6, spend an action point (triggering Bravura Leader) to attack with Villain's Menace.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1], and +2 attack/+4 damage against Bloodfang for the rest of the encounter.
Miss: +1 attack/+2 damage

LaZodiac
2013-07-26, 09:09 PM
Unfortunately, although he gets very close, Elias is unable to pierce his hide! However, his fullblade clangs rather fiercly against his hide, weakening it (that's the effect of his miss effect).

Bloodfang's turn! His self inflicted wound bleeds a little, harming him, before clearing up. He'll then let out a bellow, and his claws will start to glow a faint, shimmering blue. They suddenly vanish from sight, and the ground around Anna, Elias, Lelastri, and Ryko suddenly explode as he rapidly punches them and the ground around them, his arms stretching horrifically as he does this!

Elias: [roll0] vs Reflex

Anna: [roll1] vs Reflex

Lelastri: [roll2] vs Reflex

Ryko: [roll3] vs Reflex

[roll4] damage if it hits, and slowed for a turn from the sheer force of the blows!

It's at this point that something happens! At G2, H2, C7 and C8, four members of the Red Wolves show up from off map! Each wields a sword, but something is odd about them. They are stumbling, holding the sword loosely, and some appear to be holding their head as if in pain. They look like you can easily knock them out, though.

Map: http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk69/LaZodiac/EmissaryEncounter-2.png

Red Wolf Enforcers (though they don't act this round): [roll5]

Lelastri's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-07-26, 10:43 PM
Cashing in Elias's additional action from last round. He continues his furious assault on Bloodfang, not letting up

Attack: [roll]d20+14[roll]
Damage: [roll0]

Blue Ghost
2013-07-26, 10:45 PM
Rerolling, because needed.. [roll0]

Blue Ghost
2013-07-26, 10:46 PM
Also, Anna Nature to detect effects of AG on the Red Wolves.

[roll0]

LaZodiac
2013-07-26, 10:50 PM
Forgot to roll my save for the ongoing: [roll0]

Elias's blade hits, carving a nice scar into his hide!

Anna can tell that the Red Wolves are not under any effect like AG, but are instead being compelled to action by Bloodfang's yell. Some insects can control lesser species with sonic vibrations, and that's essentially what Bloodfang is doing to these guys.

Blue Ghost
2013-07-26, 11:06 PM
Anna calls out, He's controlling them with his vibrations! Beren, can you take them out?

Meanwhile, Lelastri circles around to L4, blasting Bloodfang with a bolt of blinding light.

Dire Radiance.

Attack: [roll0] vs. Fort
Damage: [roll1].

The golden orbs Lelastri conjured around Bloodfang continue to harass him.
Minor action: Crown of Stars secondary attack.

Attack: [roll2] vs. Will
Damage: 5

If either hits, [roll3] additional damage from Warlock's Curse.

HP totals:
Anna 43/43
Ryko 21/21
Beren 33/33
Elias 25/48
Lelastri 28/44
Miriam 38/38
Sorin 40/40

LaZodiac
2013-07-26, 11:16 PM
Bloodfang barely manages to brush the burning bright light off, but the Crown of Stars causes his mind to warp even more, and he claws at his head, inflicting the damage it causes!

Miriam's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-07-27, 12:30 AM
Miriam steps forward (N6), and brandishes her holy symbol. A wave of sound like a trumpet blast sounds, drowning out Bloodfang's discordant buzzing.
Hymn of Resurgence.
Hit: -2 to all defenses until next round, and when next hit, knocked prone.
Effect: All allies except Miriam and Beren get 5 temporary HP.

The song invigorates everyone, but especially Elias, who is imbued with renewed strength.
Resurgent Strength on Elias. He spends a healing surge and heals [roll1] hp, and gets +4 to damage for one round.

LaZodiac
2013-07-27, 12:49 AM
Miriam's Hym hits Bloodfang, causing him much ire!

Beren's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-07-31, 12:14 AM
Beren concentrates on Bloodfang's ire, making him continue to thrash about and hurt himself.

Hypnotism.
Hit: Bloodfang makes a basic attack against himself, again, and falls prone.

He begins making his way toward the Red Wolf minions. (Move to I9)

LaZodiac
2013-07-31, 12:21 AM
Bloodfang tries to resist the magic, but Miriam's battle hymn stops him from doing so! Bloodfang gnaws at his own arm!

[roll0] vs AC

[roll1] damage and ongoing 5!

It hits, cracks appearing in his arm! Ouch!

Sorin's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-08-04, 11:27 PM
Sorin's sword flashes in and out, seeking a vulnerable point in Bloodfang's chitinous armor. Seizing the opportunity provided by Beren's enchantment, the blade flashes into a crack in the insectoid's underbelly.

Riposte Strike.

Damage: [roll1], and ready riposte.

LaZodiac
2013-08-04, 11:37 PM
Unfortunately, Sorin is unable to pierce the boney chitin of Bloodfang!

Anna's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-08-05, 01:10 AM
Anna and Ryko circle around Bloodfang, going in for another combined attack.

Anna: [roll0]

Ryko: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

If either hits, [roll4] extra damage from Hunter's Quarry.

LaZodiac
2013-08-05, 12:07 PM
Ryko's unable to get a good bite in, but Anna's scimitar (thanks to Miriam's battle hym, again) is able to strike true, cracking him right across the face, leaving a nasty cut on the flesh bits that remain!

Elias's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-08-06, 12:12 AM
Spurred on to action by Miriam's prayer, Elias viciously slashes his fullblade downward at Bloodfang.

LaZodiac
2013-08-06, 12:33 AM
Elias's fullblade hits home, tearing into his shoulder and leaving a nice mark!

Bloodfang's turn! He takes 5 damage.

He'll then let out a roar, and start his high speed movement attack! He teleport moves to M5 and claws at Miriam, teleport moves to I5 to claw at Sorin, then teleport moves to E3, smashing into another roof!

Miriam: [roll0] vs AC

[roll1] damage if it hits

Sorin: [roll2] vs AC

[roll3] damage if it hits

Save against ongoing damage: [roll4]

Map: http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk69/LaZodiac/EmissaryEncounter-3.png

Lelastri's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-08-07, 10:02 PM
As Bloodfang rushes by to attack Miriam, Elias seizes the opportunity and strikes, plunging his blade into the insect's side.

The momentary distraction Elias provides buys Miriam just enough time to move out of Bloodfang's way, throwing up her staff to block the attack. As Bloodfang zooms overhead, Sorin goes into a roll to avoid his slashing claws.

Anna tries to swipe at Bloodfang as he flies by, but doesn't even come close to hitting. He's a monster... Half a dozen sword strikes and he's barely even wounded? What do they put in that AG?

LaZodiac
2013-08-07, 10:08 PM
Elias's fullblade strikes hard, leaving a crack along Bloodfang's wing cover!

Lelastri's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-08-12, 10:58 PM
Lelastri edges closer to the fountain (I6) to get a better shot at Bloodfang, and fires off a crackling bolt of starfire, while the stars he conjured continue to harass the beast.

Eldritch Blast:

Minor action - Crown of Stars secondary:
Damage: 5 radiant.

If either hits, Bloodfang takes an additional [roll3] damage from Warlock's Curse.

LaZodiac
2013-08-12, 11:18 PM
Unfortunately, Lelastri's magic seems to sputter and spout as it crashes against Bloodfang, doing nothing to him!

Miriam's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-08-12, 11:37 PM
Miriam moves to J7, brandishing her holy symbol. It's all right, friends, victory is here!

At her shout, light from the sun disk cascades upward and encircles Bloodfang.

Astral Seal.

On hit: Bloodfang takes -2 defenses for one turn, the next person to hit him heals 4 HP, and Sorin gains 5 temporary HP.

LaZodiac
2013-08-12, 11:57 PM
Miriam hits, the astral seal burning into his forehead!

Red Wolf Enforcers turn!

One of them stumbles over to H9, and swings his blade at Beren!

Beren: [roll0] vs AC, 3 damage if it hits!

Another shambles over to H6, stabbing at Lelastri!

Lelastri: [roll1] vs AC, 3 damage if it hits!

The third walks over to I5 and attacks Sorin!

Sorin: [roll2] vs AC, 3 damage if it hits!

The fourth moves to I4 and attacks Sorin!

Sorin: [roll3] vs AC, 3 damage if it hits!

From the south, three more of the enforcers shamble into the scene!

Map: http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk69/LaZodiac/EmissaryEncounter-4.png

Beren's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-08-15, 11:50 PM
The clumsy swings of the untrained thugs are no match for the supernatural luck that Miriam's blessings bestowed upon the party, as each misses wildly.
(All of them actually hit except the last one, but all the damage was negated by the temporary HP Miriam granted.)

Beren ducks the blow, using his innate magic to vanish from sight. In his place is left a bright light that enthralls Bloodfang's insectile mind and coaxes him off the roof.
(Fade Away when hit. Shift to J8, and Hypnotism on Bloodfang.)

Hit: Slide Bloodfang to G5 on ground level.

LaZodiac
2013-08-16, 08:12 AM
Bloodfang is able to shake off the attempted hypnotism!

Sorin's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-08-16, 11:32 PM
Beren concentrates harder, putting in another burst of magical energy.

Action point, Hypnotism again.
[roll0] vs. Will

LaZodiac
2013-08-17, 09:55 AM
The extra surge of power Beren puts out is enough to control Bloodfang, and he flies down to G5!

Sorin's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-08-23, 01:31 PM
Sorin delays, awaiting an opportunity to go through the minions.

Elias shall go now, and try to provide one! He hurls a blast of flame that roars across the battlefield!

Minor action, Fire Breath. Vs. Reflex.

I4 enforcer: [roll0]
I5 enforcer: [roll1]
H6 enforcer: [roll2]
Sorin: [roll3]
Lelastri: [roll4]
Bloodfang: [roll5]

Damage: [roll6] fire, +2 for Bloodfang.

LaZodiac
2013-08-23, 02:33 PM
The I4 and H6 enforcers are killed, roasted to death by Elias's firebreath! The other manages to resist it, likely because Sorin is taking the brunt of it, and Bloodfang isn't touched by the flames.

Blue Ghost
2013-08-23, 07:49 PM
Elias charges straight into the flames like an arrow, his sword whirling expertly, catching Bloodfang and the remaining enforcer in its arc.

Move to I4, attack Bloodfang with Cleave.

Damage: [roll1], and 3 damage to the I5 minion.

LaZodiac
2013-08-23, 08:01 PM
The fullblade hits home, striking quite hard! But Bloodfang is still doing relatively well! The marauder less so, who is killed by the backswing slicing into his neck!

Anna or Sorin's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-08-23, 10:10 PM
Sorin moves! In a flash, he slides past Bloodfang's jaws and delivers a hard strike to his back, in where he estimates a sensitive point to be. Let's see how much juice is in you, bugbrain.

Tumble to F4, Dazing Strike.

Damage: [roll1] and dazed for one round.

Blue Ghost
2013-08-23, 10:11 PM
If that was a miss, Elven Accuracy. Sorin does not miss!

[roll0]

Blue Ghost
2013-08-23, 10:15 PM
Crit! Sorin's blade plunges deep into Bloodfang's insectile entrails.

[roll0]

LaZodiac
2013-08-23, 10:43 PM
Sorin's rapier tears through Bloodfang's chest, piercing multiple organs! A spritz of high pressure blood explodes from the wound, painting a thin red line along the ground (and Sorin). Bloodfang is rather close to being bloodied now :smallamused:

Anna's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-08-24, 12:08 AM
Anna and Ryko close in, to H4 and H5 respectively. Anna slashes with her scimitar.

Tending Strike.
Sorin gets 3 temporary HP.

LaZodiac
2013-08-24, 12:16 AM
Anna's strike hits home, and Bloodfang's more insectile parts all immediately start to crack! He is now bloodied! Blue energy starts seeping from the cracks on his arms.

Bloodfang's turn! He's dazed, so he lets out a pained roar, as his arms begin to shimmer blue! It starts rapidly punching the ground, targeting Anna, Ryko, Elias, Soren, and Miriem! This is vs Reflex

Anna: [roll]1d20+12

Ryko: [roll]1d20+12

Elias: [roll]1d20+12

Soren: [roll]1d20+12

Miriam: [roll]1d20+12

[roll0] damage and slowed for a turn if it hits!

Lelastri's turn!

LaZodiac
2013-08-24, 12:18 AM
er...messed up those attack rolls!

Anna: [roll0]

Ryko: [roll1]

Elias: [roll2]

Soren: [roll3]

Miriam: [roll4]

Blue Ghost
2013-08-24, 12:41 AM
Anna senses the attack coming and rolls out of the way, but everyone else is caught in the flurry of blows. Miriam is hurt particularly badly, coughing blood as she is knocked backward. (She's bloodied.)

Blue Ghost
2013-08-25, 02:47 PM
As Sorin's sword pierces Bloodfang, Lelastri's rod glows with an eerie incandescent hue, as he feels a wave of power come upon him from above. He draws a pattern in the air with his rod, deepening the arcane interlay between him and Bloodfang, as he calls upon eldritch powers to assault the monster's mind.

Bloodied Boon triggers, giving +2 to an attack roll.
Minor Action: Warlock's Curse on Bloodfang again.
Standard Action: Pandorym's Cry.

Damage: [roll1] psychic, and grants combat advantage and slowed for one turn.

Minor action: Crown of Stars secondary.

Damage: 5

If either hits, [roll3] additional damage from Warlock's Curse.

LaZodiac
2013-08-25, 03:20 PM
Unfortunately, Lelastri's spells continue to bounce off of Bloodfang's hide, much to his annoyance.

Miriam's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-08-29, 09:09 PM
Miriam raises her staff, and a holy light emanates from it, washing away the wounds that Bloodfang inflicted.

Beacon of Hope, vs. Will
Bloodfang: [roll0]
H9 minion: [roll1]

On a hit, weakened for one round. Also, all allies regain 10 HP, and Miriam's powers heal +5 for the rest of the encounter.

Action Point: Astral Seal on Bloodfang
[roll2] vs. Reflex
Hit: -2 to defenses for one round, and next ally to hit him heals 4 HP. Also, Elias gains 3 temporary HP.

LaZodiac
2013-09-10, 12:35 PM
Bloodfang manages to withstand the holy beacon, but the Enforcer not so much! Then, with a surge of power, Miriam's Astral Seal hits, weakening his armour like skin!

Next is the Enforcers!

The Enforcer that is weakened moves to I8, and attacks Miriam!

[roll0] vs AC, 4 damage if it hits!

The remaining Enforcers move up, to F7, I10 and K9! The one at K9 can actually attacks, so he attacks Beren!

[roll1] vs AC, 7 damage if it hits!

Finally, you hear a scramble of swords and armour, and see three more, behind you!

Map: http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk69/LaZodiac/EmissaryEncounter-5.png

Beren's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-09-12, 09:26 PM
Beren rolls with the hit, which grazes him, tearing his coat. As he does, he fades from view. The surrounding thugs look around, confused, for a second, until they are beset by myriad flying spiders, bursting from the spot where Beren was just standing.

Fade Away upon being hit. Shift to J9, Winged Horde. Vs. Will.

I8: [roll0]
I10: [roll1]
K9: [roll2]

Deaded on hit. :smalltongue:

LaZodiac
2013-09-12, 09:53 PM
The Red Wolf Enforcers let out groans of pain as their mind is assaulted by the winged horrors Beren creates! They collapse, all three dead!

Elias's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-09-13, 12:20 AM
As the spiders dissipate, Beren reappears in a puff of purple smoke and takes a bow. Thank you, gentlemen.

Elias moves! Adjusting his position, he whirls his sword in an arc, aiming to catch both Bloodfang and the thug in its trajectory.

Shift to G6, Cleave on Bloodfang.

Attack: [roll0] vs.AC
Damage: [roll1], and kill the minion at F7.

LaZodiac
2013-09-18, 12:17 AM
Elias's blade clatters off Bloodfang's hide, still not finding the exact purchase needed to tear into him!

Sorin's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-09-18, 12:45 AM
While Bloodfang is occupied dodging the others' attacks, Sorin slips his rapier between the insect's armor plates.

Riposte Strike.
Damage: [roll1], and ready riposte.

Blue Ghost
2013-09-18, 12:51 AM
Elven Accuracy reroll. [roll0]

Blue Ghost
2013-09-18, 01:25 AM
CRIT damage: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2013-09-18, 02:09 PM
Sorin once again pierces Bloodfang's body, inflicting massive damage! Blood spurts from his wounds and around the bone that makes up his insectoid body!

Anna's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-09-18, 02:17 PM
Nice work, Sorin!
As Bloodfang howls in pain from Sorin's blow, Anna takes the opportunity to land an attack on the beast's face.

Tending Strike.
Damage: [roll1], and 3 temporary HP to Ryko.
If that hits, add Surprise Strike to it; Bloodfang is dazed.

LaZodiac
2013-09-18, 08:12 PM
Anna's scimitar bashes Bloodfang in the head as he's distracted, dazing him and cutting into his face!

Dazed and angry, he lunges at Anna!

[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage and 5 ongoing damage, save ends.

Lelastri's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-10-11, 07:23 PM
As Bloodfang clumsily moves to attack Anna, Elias strikes back.

Elias's attack (Combat Challenge): [roll0]

Blue Ghost
2013-10-11, 07:26 PM
Lelastri continues the assault, strafing Bloodfang with relentless arcane blasts.

Move to L5, Eldritch Blast
[roll0] vs. Reflex

Crown of Stars
[roll2] vs. Reflex
Damage: 5 radiant

[roll3] extra damage from Warlock's Curse if either hit.

LaZodiac
2013-10-28, 01:51 PM
Both spells hit, exploding against his sides with a powerful force!

Miriam's turn!

Blue Ghost
2013-10-29, 10:57 PM
Miriam hits Bloodfang again with Astral Seal!

LaZodiac
2013-10-29, 11:04 PM
Okay! After quite a bit a fighting, all of Bloodfang's soldiers lay defeated, while the insectoid monstrosity that is Bloodfang is slowly torn down piece of piece! Eventually, with some help from Miriam, Elias is able to land one final blow!

However, despite him being sure of his killing strike, Bloodfang manages to hold on, and starts roaring loudly! The bone that makes up Bloodfang's insect like parts start to crack, until they explode into a fine blue mist! With a thump, the mutilated carcass of Bloodfang lands on the cobbled ground.

A quick glance reveals a couple of things. First of all, although they are marrow starved and cracked, the bones he ones had are still in place! So his arms and legs and his bottom jaw are all where they are supposed to be. The flesh and meat covering those parts...less so. He looks like a bloody mess, as does the ground beneath him.

I'd like you guys to roll a perception check.

Blue Ghost
2013-10-29, 11:25 PM
Elias wipes his sword. That monster was a tough one. I'm glad there was only one of them.

Perception: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2013-10-29, 11:29 PM
Okay! Miriam, specifically, you notice something. It's faint, but Bloodfang is still breathing!

Blue Ghost
2013-10-30, 04:50 PM
Miriam gasps. He's still alive!
Impossible!

Miriam lays her hands on Bloodfang and murmurs a prayer of healing, but the divine energy will not flow. She shakes her head. I'm all out of power...

Let me try. Anna pulls a strand of bright green light from the earth and blows it toward Bloodfang, staunching his wounds and giving him breath.

LaZodiac
2013-10-31, 05:52 PM
Bloodfang heals, but it's clear he'll need more then just a healing word to fix him up (though it helps), I'd recommend rolling a heal check.

Blue Ghost
2013-11-02, 03:49 AM
Anna goes about binding Bloodfang's wounds, pumping in another dose of healing magic for good measure. Miriam joins in and takes over.

Heal: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2013-11-02, 10:07 AM
It takes some effort, but with Miriam's skilled hand Bloodfang's life is saved! Or at least extended, as although he has not HEALED persay, he has STABILIZED, so he's not dying. Around this point the guards are slowing moving out, still rather terrified looking, hesitant to actually approach.

Blue Ghost
2013-11-04, 01:41 AM
Oi, guards! Beren calls. This man needs medical attention here! You just gonna stand there?