PDA

View Full Version : epic cleric idea

blelliot
2013-06-24, 05:34 AM
A friend of mine is going to begin the quicksilver hourglass. We are starting at level 30,and I'm playing the cleric. Ill be doing the dmm persist and iwas wondering what spells are fun choices for dmm persist. Also would that combo work on summon spells?

ahenobarbi
2013-06-24, 06:15 AM
I don't think summoning will work at that levels... Malconvoker (Complete Scoundrel) is great for summoning (extra summoned creatures, better summons).

For more check out summoning handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19864066/Summoning_Handbook).

Jack_Simth
2013-06-24, 07:08 AM
A friend of mine is going to begin the quicksilver hourglass. We are starting at level 30,and I'm playing the cleric. Ill be doing the dmm persist and iwas wondering what spells are fun choices for dmm persist. Also would that combo work on summon spells?

... unless you're doing your Summons by way of Epic magic (or perhaps super-9th researched non-Epic spells), Summons will be pretty useless at those levels. Summon Monster IX caps off with critters of CR 12 or so. Cannon fodder at best at level 30, and costing you 9th level spell slots to do it.

As to spells: Just stroll through the PHB and the Spell Compendium for ideas.

Also: Pick up Ocular Spell (Lords of Madness), as that can make pretty much any spell Persistable (gives it a range of 30 feet - fixed - if it was touch or greater before).