PDA

View Full Version : Dexter (And not the cartoon!)

Callos_DeTerran
2006-12-05, 07:39 PM
I'm speaking of the Dexter series that is currently on Showtime, new episodes showing every Sunday. The one that has its roots in a book(s) called "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" I think.

What does everyone think about it? Does it come off as cliched to some?

What do you think is going to happen by the season's end? Will the Ice Truck Killer go under the...er...I think its a buzz saw? Or will he be making a come back in the second season?

If he doesn't make it to the second season then who do you think the new seriel killer will be?

Ravyn
2006-12-08, 01:13 AM
The source material is Darkly Dreaming Dexter, followed by Dearly Devoted Dexter; the writer's Jeff Lindsey. I haven't gotten to see any of it yet, but the books were good enough to hook me a chapter in--I don't often track the new releases of non-SpecFic, but on those two I had to make an exception--and if the show's even half as good as the books, and one of my friends implied that that was the case, I can't see anything to complain about.

(Keeping the internal monologues: best choice possible. They make the books, I swear.)

Now, I can tell you quite a bit about where it's most likely going, but my question is, how much do you want to know?