PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion's "GET OVER HERE!" weapon equivalent?

Siege Tower
2013-06-24, 05:06 PM
Hey y'all.

I was considering using a weapon similar to Scorpion's rope blade thing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C3poU_0sK4). Is there any such equipment that exists in 3.5. If not, are there any rules for a PC being pulled towards someone else in combat by a lasso or anything?

Tvtyrant
2013-06-24, 05:22 PM
Kythons get a special bio weapon that lets them pull people they have bit towards them. You could use Polymorph Any Object stuff to be a Kython and see if you can take one from another Kython.

Asrrin
2013-06-24, 05:22 PM
A simple Harpoon will get you most of the way there. if it gets lodged in you you can only move half your movement, and opposed strength rolls will only allow you to move within the radius of the rope. Trying to pull it out will result in further damage.

Slipperychicken
2013-06-24, 07:33 PM
A simple Harpoon will get you most of the way there. if it gets lodged in you you can only move half your movement, and opposed strength rolls will only allow you to move within the radius of the rope. Trying to pull it out will result in further damage.

Stats are found in Arms and Equipment Guide, page 8 Stormwrack page 107.

Perhaps you could combine it with a Rod of Ropes' ability to retract rope? Extrude rope from the rod, tie it to the Harpoon before the fight, throw it into the enemy, then hit the Rope button so it retracts? After that I guess it would be a Strength check to see who is pulled toward who.

EDIT: Or you could rule-of-cool it as a ranged Bull Rush attempt to pull the enemy toward you. I don't think this should require a magic item.

CyberThread
2013-06-24, 07:37 PM
stormwrack for legal stats.

Siege Tower
2013-06-24, 07:48 PM
The harpoon seems like it would work very well. Thanks for the info!