PDA

View Full Version : Many questions, Need help

Omegaprecept
2013-06-24, 06:02 PM
Hi guys,

this is my first post, I hope I have it in the right area if not please let me know. I recently played my first game D&D game after not playing in over 11 years (3.5e). I have a few questions and was hoping I could find an extremely experienced player to help aid and assist me with the questions I have. I will start with a simple questions if you need info please let me know. First off, Would a lvl 1 Barbarian Orc who is Lawful evil be able to take goblin as slaves? Also would he be ever able to kill is cleric over something as petty as killing goblins while in battle.

CRtwenty
2013-06-24, 06:06 PM
Barbarians lose their class abilities if they become Lawful. They have to be Chaotic or Neutral.

To answer your other question Orc society generally allows for slavery. A LE Orc could certainly have Goblin slaves assuming he had some way of obtaining and controlling them. Killing an allied Cleric over the lives of a few slaves seems like overkill though, most likely he'd just ask the Cleric to pay for the cost to replace the slave in question. If it was a non-allied Cleric though I'd say that's fair game. I mean he is an Orc.

Invader
2013-06-24, 06:13 PM
Although alignment restrictions are generally stupid and most DM's won't stick you with them. I feel like killing a cleric for killing your slaves would fall in the wheelhouse of lawful evil so you should be ok. Now if he was engaged in combat with them and they died that way then no lawful evil wouldn't really give you a free pass to murder some one.

nedz
2013-06-24, 06:19 PM
Barbarian
Alignment
Any nonlawful.

Apart from this rules wrinkle the rest of your questions are role-play related, so yeah, whatever fits your character/alignment/setting.