PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Build: Duskblade/ Shapeshifter

CyberThread
2013-06-24, 09:39 PM
Okay so am looking at a

HENGEYOKAI that takes duskblade levels, and then eventually goes into shapeshifter, making it a sort of (weaker end) Arcane Melee Druid.

Just thought of it, will give it more thought later today.

Norin
2013-06-25, 01:49 AM
I put together a build similar to this once.

It's not super optimal - far from it i think - but it does look a bit fun to play imo.
I'm not sure it would work, but it's a rough draft anyways.

It goes something like this:

Duskblade 1\druid 5\duskblade +2\Arcane hierophant 10\something 2

It's not caster efficient at all, and it's ends up with around 16 bab at 20.

As far as i can see, you can wildshape and channel your duskblade spells using natural spell.

Please excuse my ignorance if this build is not working at all. :smalltongue:

edit: I guess early entry shenenigans for 2nd lvl arcane spells would be in order here as the duskblade gets 2nd lvl at 5th... Oh well. (precocious apprentice?)

Talionis
2013-06-25, 10:19 AM
Ordained Champion (Complete Champion) allows what might be called a superior channelling ability (unless you go Duskblade 13) and progresses divine casting. This could be used with a Druid easily enough.

Norin
2013-06-25, 11:13 AM
Ordained Champion (Complete Champion) allows what might be called a superior channelling ability (unless you go Duskblade 13) and progresses divine casting. This could be used with a Druid easily enough.

Clearly a much better idea if you do not want bring in both arcane and divine spells. The only bumps in the road is getting Magic Weapon without wasting a level on a cleric dip and also the diety requirements would need a bit of a refluffing i guess?

Talionis
2013-06-25, 01:49 PM
Clearly a much better idea if you do not want bring in both arcane and divine spells. The only bumps in the road is getting Magic Weapon without wasting a level on a cleric dip and also the diety requirements would need a bit of a refluffing i guess?

Its a trade, but for one level of cleric you gain three levels of druid casting (Ordained Champion casting advancing Druid). There may also be some tricky ways to add spells to the druid spell list. One level of Cleric also nets you two domains and turn undead which can fuel a number of tricks. A one level dip in Cleric is usually a sound return on investment.

Deity requirements are usually loose; almost all including Ordained Champions have adaptions listed in them to allow for other deities.