PDA

View Full Version : Antimagic Field Boarders

AugustNights
2013-06-24, 10:04 PM
I've been poking about with antimagic field (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/antimagicField.htm), and I've come up with a few questions and I was wondering if the playground could provide some insight on how a character outside of an antimagic field interacts with a character within one.

An example. A dwarven fighter with a +2 Greataxe, and a ring of protection +1 is standing within an antimagic field and a orcish rogue with a +2 dagger and a +1 Buckler is standing outside of the field. These two characters are fighting, and are adjascent, and thus both are along the boarder of the field.

Does the orc rogue's attacks against the dwarven fighter gain the +2 enhancement bonus to attack and damage? Do they gain a bonus to attack, but not damage? Does the dwarven fighter's attacks gain the +2 enhancement bonus? Or do they only gain a +2 to damage, and +1 to attack (from using a masterwork weapon.)

Suppose now the orc rogue is standing 30 feet away from the dwarven fighter, but the antimagic field has not moved (and thus covers the fighter, but not the rogue). The rogue wields a +2 handcrossbow, and the dwarven fighter wields a +2 Longbow. Similar questions.

Same scenario, only there is a single space between the two combatants, and the orc has a +2 Spiked Chain, and the dwarf has a +2 long-spear.

I suppose, really, my question can be boiled down to this: When/where does a weapon apply it's enhancement bonus? It it only to the creature that wields it? Thus the orc, never actually entering into the antimagic field, retains the bonuses, while the dwarf, within the field, gains only the masterwork benefits for their weapons. Is the enhancement to attack applied at origin of the attack? Is enhancement to damage applied at the target of the attack?
Any thoughts?

olentu
2013-06-24, 10:16 PM
As of the rules compendium I recall that the rule is magic weapon properties are not available when when making an attack from inside an antimagic field and also when making an attack against someone that is inside an antimagic field.

AugustNights
2013-06-25, 12:27 AM
Straightforward and simple, I like it.
Thanks!

olentu
2013-06-25, 12:47 AM
Straightforward and simple, I like it.
Thanks!

You're welcome.