PDA

View Full Version : character ideas

Somensjev
2013-06-25, 07:15 AM
anyone who's read my threads has probably realised that i'm not exactly very sane when it comes to the DM giving me free roam of character creation (any book i can lay my hands on is fair game, and some homebrew is allowed)

so, at the moment i'm making a character for a campaing, i'm starting at level 6 because i couldnt make it to the first session (which was last week) and i cant get to this session, so they're already level 5 and close to leveling up

so, i'm considering playing a human druid lycanthrope, and i'm trying to decide what to be a lycanthrope of (LA, RHD, etc, dont matter, as long as my class levels equal 6 or less)
for those who have seen my "mini-miniaure-titan" thread in the homebrew section, it's the same campaing, i just got bored of said titan

any oppinions would be appreciated, lycanthropy isnt definitive, i could happily change to something else, and i have 17080gp to spend as i please

my characters stats are Str 12, con 13, dex 16, int 11, wis 18, cha 7
however, only the numbers are certain at the moment, i can swap where they're placed for the moment

also, class and race can be changed, i just never played human or druid before, so i thought it'd be interesting

Gwendol
2013-06-25, 07:45 AM
Lycanthrope druid seems a bit redundant. So, you're going to change to your werewolf form, and then wildshape into another animal?

Grayson01
2013-06-25, 07:55 AM
At level six you are really limited (as far as Lycans from MM1) to what were-creature you can take. Your only two options are Wererat and Werewolf, because when you give someone the Lycan template it's a +3 level adjustment (if you want to keep your alignment for changing) and they gain racial hit die equal to the Base creature wolf 2 and rat 1. MM1 pg 177 has the how to on making your own Lycan from another base creature but at level 6 you would need a base creature with 1 or 2 Hit die.

BowStreetRunner
2013-06-25, 08:50 AM
This reminds me of my old Were-Saint Bernard monk from playing Discworld. Use the Riding Dog stats and make sure to add that little barrel of liquor on his collar and there you go! I even played my character as an alcoholic in tribute to that old Saint Bernard character in Looney Toons who was always pulling frozen toons out of the ice then mixing himself a drink. :smallbiggrin:

Somensjev
2013-06-25, 05:42 PM
Lycanthrope druid seems a bit redundant. So, you're going to change to your werewolf form, and then wildshape into another animal?

well, you only get so many wildshapes per day, and i get extra feats, skills, etc

At level six you are really limited (as far as Lycans from MM1) to what were-creature you can take. Your only two options are Wererat and Werewolf, because when you give someone the Lycan template it's a +3 level adjustment (if you want to keep your alignment for changing) and they gain racial hit die equal to the Base creature wolf 2 and rat 1. MM1 pg 177 has the how to on making your own Lycan from another base creature but at level 6 you would need a base creature with 1 or 2 Hit die.

as i said, ECL doesnt matter, as long as my class levels are equal to six. i can play absolutely any lycanthrope i want, since level adjustment and racial hit die dont matter to my DM

BowStreetRunner
2013-06-25, 06:02 PM
i can play absolutely any lycanthrope i want, since level adjustment and racial hit die dont matter to my DM

Whoa, what?!? RACIAL HIT DIE DON'T MATTER?!?

In that case...may I suggest a nice were-Elephant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/elephant.htm)...or something else similar?

Somensjev
2013-06-25, 06:17 PM
Whoa, what?!? RACIAL HIT DIE DON'T MATTER?!?

In that case...may I suggest a nice were-Elephant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/elephant.htm)...or something else similar?

actually, i was considering one of the legendary creature from MM2
legendary tiger has 26 hit die
legendary shark has 30 hit die

Roguenewb
2013-06-25, 06:25 PM
actually, i was considering one of the legendary creature from MM2
legendary tiger has 26 hit die
legendary shark has 30 hit die

officially walking off the universe. This is soooooo broken.

Somensjev
2013-06-25, 06:28 PM
officially walking off the universe. This is soooooo broken.

yes, yes it is :smallamused:

Darth Stabber
2013-06-25, 07:06 PM
Black ethergaunt wizard?
If you want to get wacky, and slightly less broke, pixie druid. Pixie druid is bad@$$. Massive stat-ups and fantastic abilities, both active and passive. SR 15+HD is just a taste of it. Adding those abilities is actually pretty synergistic with druid. I've done it in gestalt, but it will probably be just fine here too.

Grayson01
2013-06-25, 07:39 PM
Well then be a were tiger best ability increases and one of the coolest Lycans oh and a pretty BA miniature.
well, you only get so many wildshapes per day, and i get extra feats, skills, etc

as i said, ECL doesnt matter, as long as my class levels are equal to six. i can play absolutely any lycanthrope i want, since level adjustment and racial hit die dont matter to my DM

nedz
2013-06-25, 07:41 PM
On the Druid side: since you have wildshaping covered by the free were-monster, why not dump wildshape and take the Druidic Avenger (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#druidVariantDruidicAve nger) ACF.

Somensjev
2013-06-25, 11:29 PM
Black ethergaunt wizard?

black ethergaunt?

edit: never mind, found it in a book, seems fun :smallamused: i may have to try that

If you want to get wacky, and slightly less broke, pixie druid. Pixie druid is bad@$$. Massive stat-ups and fantastic abilities, both active and passive. SR 15+HD is just a taste of it. Adding those abilities is actually pretty synergistic with druid. I've done it in gestalt, but it will probably be just fine here too.

i had considered a pixie druid, and it's still a possibility

eggynack
2013-06-25, 11:44 PM
black ethergaunt?

Fiend folio, page 65. The monster finder (http://monsterfinder.dndrunde.de/) is some sweet business.

GreenETC
2013-06-25, 11:47 PM
Legendary Shark is definitely the way to go. Now to find a way to not require oxygen and a Fly speed.

Somensjev
2013-06-26, 12:21 AM
Legendary Shark is definitely the way to go. Now to find a way to not require oxygen and a Fly speed.

the winged template (i find the one from savage species, instead of the one from the book of templates, it's more fun) can help for the Fly speed
but i'm not sure about not requiring oxygen.. i'll keep looking for something i might be able to use that does something like that

almightycoma
2013-06-26, 12:32 PM
I've always been a fan of the werecrocodile. You get to look like a lizard man but are way cooler than most lizard folk races.

Darth Stabber
2013-06-26, 01:13 PM
Kuo toa cleric of blipdoolpoolp, just to try to make others say blipdoolpoolp.

Somensjev
2013-06-27, 12:19 AM
Kuo toa cleric of blipdoolpoolp, just to try to make others say blipdoolpoolp.

what book would i find that in?

Darth Stabber
2013-06-27, 12:39 AM
what book would i find that in?

MM 1, with more informtion available in some FR books, most notably underdark (which has a cool PRC for clerics of blipdoolpoolp).

Also your deity is effectively a female zoidberg.

Somensjev
2013-06-27, 12:44 AM
-snip-
Also your deity is effectively a female zoidberg.

that could be fun :smallamused: