PDA

View Full Version : how does the power call to mind work?

CyberThread
2013-06-25, 05:05 PM
It seem it got a errata? Use to get +1 to knowledge checks but now does this?

By meditating on a subject, you can recall natural memories and knowledge otherwise inaccessible to you.

On a failed Knowledge check, you can manifest this power to gain a new check with a +4 competence bonus. If successful, you instantly recall what was previously buried in your subconscious.

So by the steps

Step 1: I do knowledge check , I fail it or...get a low roll? Their is a sliding scale on knowledge checks so not sure how you outright fail one.

step 2: you manifest this ability and it gives you a +4 competence bonus?

step 3: that is all to the power and its not that difficult, just allot of words.

TuggyNE
2013-06-25, 08:48 PM
Step 1: I do knowledge check , I fail it or...get a low roll? Their is a sliding scale on knowledge checks so not sure how you outright fail one.

You fail by not meeting the base DC. For IDing creatures, that's 10+HD; for other things, it's set based on the difficulty of the question.

step 2: you manifest this ability and it gives you a +4 competence bonus?

It also lets you retry the check, which is not normally possible without gaining another rank in that skill first.

Dimers
2013-06-25, 08:58 PM
It can't effectively be applied to most Knowledge checks, unfortunately, because it now also has a manifesting time of 1 minute. A very odd requirement, especially since the flavor text implies something much quicker.

CyberThread
2013-06-25, 09:12 PM
I don't know seems about right, it says that you meditate and try to find it in the depths of your mind.

TuggyNE
2013-06-26, 12:53 AM
It can't effectively be applied to most Knowledge checks, unfortunately, because it now also has a manifesting time of 1 minute. A very odd requirement, especially since the flavor text implies something much quicker.

Hmm? You manifest it, and when it comes into effect, you make another Knowledge roll. What's the problem?

Feint's End
2013-06-26, 06:06 AM

Use a dorje ... that's pretty much the most effective way to use it in fight