PDA

View Full Version : Some undead questions.

Raendyn
2013-06-25, 06:09 PM
I decided at last to work witha necromancer. It shocked me that after all these years nor me nor my groups ever worked with one (at least one that did more than summon undead), So I am wondering, and at the same time I am a bit bussy to disappear in my books atm.

Where is this mentioned? I found it at necromancer handbook but cant confirm it.
So if you happen to be a Lawful Good Cleric of Wee Jas, you channel positive energy but can still animate the dead (because you get all those Death Domain spells).

What does animate dead does exactly? It raised the original creature with added the templates right?

Is there any actual way to raise someone exactly as he was while he was living? I mean, something like bringing him back like the necropolitan ritual.

is it true that the turning checks have nothing to do with command and destroy effects of rebuking and turning?

Darth Stabber
2013-06-25, 06:49 PM
1) you could technically make an LG cleric of weejas and cast animate dead from your domainn slot, but your alignment is going to slip, and quickly, because casting a spell with the evil descriptor is an evil act, as is creating undead (yes this is a case of double jeopardy, but that's how it's written according to BoED/BoVD).

2) all animate dead does is raise the creature with the zombie or skeleton template, under your control (with in the hit die limit).

3) nope. You can kinda sorta resurrect a companion as a mummy with create greater undead, but there are a lot of issues with doing so. A proper resurrection followed by the rite of crucimigration will work. You could make a house rule otherwise, but as written your options are limited.

4) turning/rebuking checks are set up such that anything you would destroy or command is destroyed or commanded so long as you succeed the turn/rebuke check.