PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for a book

VeryGayMel
2013-06-25, 08:20 PM
Okay, so a few years ago my mother had a book on her computer--I cannot remember the title or the publisher (but I know it wasn't WotC), but I do remember what was in it. The book had a few strange races: half-dwarf and true elf (which were over seven feet tall, literally immortal, and they had no pupils). The only two classes I remember being in it were the Chronomancer and the Witch. Now I have Googled this extensively and nothing I have seen by any of those names are what were in that book and it's getting frustrating because my mother no longer has it. I would love to get it again, so if anyone has any idea at all what this may be, I would really appreciate it.

eggynack
2013-06-25, 08:28 PM
I did a quick google majog, and I found a book called AEG Magic, and it has a witch and chronomancer class. It's 3rd party, and I haven't checked deep enough to know if it has those races you mentioned, but it might be what you're looking for.

Edit: It might just be a book called "Magic" by some book making company called "AEG". I dunno. Anyways, searching for the terms I said will probably find what you're looking for, if what you're looking for is what I found.

Darth Stabber
2013-06-25, 08:56 PM
There is a company called AEG, they publish L5R, 7th Sea, and several 3rd party d&d sups.

erikun
2013-06-25, 09:43 PM
Here (http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/10/10248.phtml) is a review of the Magic sourcebook for d20 from AEG. It does have a chronomancer and witch, although doesn't mention anything about races.

The only official human/dwarf races I've hear at the Mul from Dark Sun. Dark Sun is very low magic, so you are unlikely to find a Chronomancer there. There are others, like Mongrelfolk or half-celestials, but I don't think that's what you are looking for - it is highly likely to be a third party book.

Madcrafter
2013-06-25, 10:05 PM
Flipping through the table of contents for AEG's Magic does not reveal any races. It does have both Chronomancer and Witch (among a dozen or so other base classes). The elves might have been one of the prestige classes in the book perhaps, but I think you're probably after a different publication.

VeryGayMel
2013-06-25, 10:55 PM
This is what I'm looking for class-wise, but the book my mother had had those races in it...I can find a lot of homebrew Half-Dwarves, none that are what I'm looking for, and nowhere can I find the True Elf race--that's what I'm really looking for now, I guess, since this book has everything I could want about those classes. Thank y'all so much for helping me search, you're all wonderful. I wish you all many crits when you need them :)

VeryGayMel
2013-06-25, 11:09 PM
I FOUND IT!!
The book with the races is AEG's Secrets--I guess my memory was kind of faulty (it was over five years ago, though :P)
You're all so great for helping me, thank you so much

eggynack
2013-06-25, 11:15 PM
You're welcome, and a good tidings to you. I couldn't find those races at all, so I'm glad you successfully found these majigs.