PDA

View Full Version : nWoD Ascending Ones vs. Zombies

Elricaltovilla
2013-06-25, 08:47 PM
I'm involved in a "Zombie land" Hunter game and randomly drew the Ascending Ones as my conspiracy. I've looked through some of their elixers and am not all that sure how useful they'll be in such s combat heavy campaign.

So any suggestions for useful combat elixers or flavorful "build your own endowments" that I could use would be awesome.

Water_Bear
2013-06-25, 09:17 PM
You already have access to the second most potent destructive force in the entire WoD, barring Archmages; the Firearms and Science skills. Get Armory Reloaded, or just be creative in your use of plastic explosives, and you will be able to do a lot more damage than any idiot throwing fireballs. The combat Endowments actually tend to be the worst IMO, because they never come close to the kinds of things you can buy out of the back of some guy's van.

As for the Elixers, they are excellent for utility and subtlety which is something you will need. Gaining a bonus to social rolls, invisibility or being able to breath clouds of mind controlling mists might not kill many zombies but they will be invaluable to make sure you have the resources to win a fight you enter. Plus if you get bored you can always turn into a Vampire (Tears of Nehebkau, Night Stalkers p.145).

Elricaltovilla
2013-06-25, 09:44 PM
I've been doing that so far, but I'm really disliking how low my shotgun shell count has been lately. I'm hoping to find/make stuff that will expand my utility, but we haven't had time for crafting lately.