PDA

View Full Version : Power Nostalgia Critic Ranger

Cikomyr
2013-06-26, 04:43 AM
You heard it right people.

Nostalgia Critic takes on the (pitiful) Turbo : A Power Rangers Movie

But he does it with the help of Zordon!!! (http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/39689-nostalgia-critic-turbo-a-power-rangers-movie)

Man, the resolution had me peeing my pants! :smallbiggrin:

Aidan305
2013-06-26, 04:47 AM
Huh, I was under the impression the Nostalgia Critic had ended as a series. Guess I've got a back-log to watch now.

Cikomyr
2013-06-26, 04:59 AM
Huh, I was under the impression the Nostalgia Critic had ended as a series. Guess I've got a back-log to watch now.

He had a "Return of the Nostalgia Critic", where he admits that he actually missed doing it. That breaking away allowed him to regain perspective, and get new ideas.

He refuses to rush through episodes now; it's once every 2 weeks. There are no cutoff dates either, so every movie is game.

And finally: it is my opinion that the episodes are the product of much, much more work than before his finale. He has a supporting cast of non-recurring characters (but recurring actors), and he tries to have a little side-story linked into the review at every show.

The reviews are, on average, of higher quality than his previous incarnation's average. It's not always perfect hit, but you can see he tries. :)

Aotrs Commander
2013-06-26, 06:08 AM
I thought this was one of his better ones. The sheer effort put in, and the hilarity of it all (and you could tell they were all having a whale of a time, especially Rachel).

NC's Power Ranger's costume and Power Ranger gesticulating was probably the highlight.

I was waiting the entire time for when Linkara would show up...!

Traab
2013-06-26, 06:52 AM
I just liked how many different angles you could attack it from. I mean, you could get a 20 minute long rant on the technical aspect of the movie and talk about crappy camera angles, lighting, set and costume designs, plot, pacing, etc etc etc. You could attack the storyline itself and all the ways it was stupid, you could then pull a linkara and attack the entire power rangers reality where nothing about it really makes sense. Man I love nostalgia critic, he always amuses me. You see, I have listened to the guys who do rants on all the technical aspects of a movie and they honestly bore me. I dont want to just hear about how trite the shaky cam is, or how the angles of the shadows on set show it was done indoors when its supposed to be the desert, I want to hear snarky comments on how stupid the story is, how bad the acting is, how funny for all the wrong reasons the jokes are. But when they accidentally leave in stuff like stunt equipment in the shot, like in gladiator when we saw the air tank used to flip the chariot, feel free to point out how stupid that is too. :p

Aotrs Commander
2013-06-26, 07:09 AM
I thought it was notably that he didn't pick on the technical aspects, because it seemed to me a lot of those sequences were very dark, and you couldn't easily see what was going on, which is a fairly big thing as far as I'm concerned...! (Especially when in a fight sequence.) Maybe that was just something that was exacerbated by the translation to the review footage, I dunno.

Tengu_temp
2013-06-26, 04:30 PM
This video had me laugh a few times. Definitely one of the better ones from the new Nostalgia Critic, and the new one is better than the last 1-2 years of the old one on average.

Also, I like that even Doug acknowledges Linkara's neverending nitpicking can get annoying.

Vknight
2013-07-11, 03:39 AM
Never ending nitpicking has sustained the Power Rangers fandom for over 20 years we cannot stop now

Cikomyr
2013-07-11, 03:49 AM
Never ending nitpicking has sustained the Power Rangers fandom for over 20 years we cannot stop now

I HOPE you have picked up Linkara's review of the Power Rangers

Kato
2013-07-11, 04:01 AM
I HOPE you have picked up Linkara's review of the Power Rangers

(I'm always confused when people with the same Avatar respond to one another)

Yeah, the episode was good. I guess there could have been done more about the problems with the movie, and less with the... framing(?) but that was quite entertaining, too.

Not tryin to turn this into a general NC thread but... I like the new Critic. Not saying the old episodes were bad, while some surely were better than others. I guess he's having more fun with acting out all this stuff compared to his simple style before (which I also liked, though)

I never really got into what he did during his "break". (Even forgot what it was called) I saw he first episode and it felt quite meh to me so I never went any further.

Also, I love the Avatar VLOGs he's doing right now :smallbiggrin: