PDA

View Full Version : Character Creation and Maneuvers

Kilink
2013-06-26, 09:35 AM
So, I was wondering. I know the usual method of learning maneuvers if you start from lvl 1 and start moving forward.

But what about Making a Lvl 6 Character?

If I'm making a lvl 6 warblade he knows 6 maneuvers and can learn maneuvers from lvl 3.

Does that mean I can choose as many lvl 3 manuevers I want or do I choose the maneuvers as if I was lvling up from lvl 1?

Flickerdart
2013-06-26, 09:37 AM
When making a character above 1st level, you always make decisions as though the character started at level 1 and then progressed onwards. With maneuvers, like feats, spells, and so forth, you can't just pick only high level ones.

INoKnowNames
2013-06-26, 09:37 AM
I've been under the assumption that you'd have to pick them as you learned them while leveling up. Not to mention most Level 3 Maneuvers, you don't actually qualify for without some initial investment.

For a 6th Level Warblade, I'm pretty sure you can pick... 4 1st Level 1 2nd Level, and 1 3rd Level, with an additional 2nd and 3rd level by substituting one from the lower levels.

Edit: I WAS NOT SWORDSAGED, BECAUSE I PROVIDED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION!

navar100
2013-06-26, 12:11 PM
If two third level maneuvers in a discipline have a prerequisite of knowing another maneuver of the same discipline, you can't just take them both by fiat and declare they are the prerequisite of each other. You have to show your work. What you would do is have a first level maneuver of that discipline declaring you took it at 1st level. Then you can choose one of the third level maneuvers you wanted declaring you took it at 5th level. At 6th level you can then declare you are replacing the 1st level maneuver with the other third level maneuver you wanted and claim the first third level maneuver you took as the prerequisite. Now you have both third level maneuvers you wanted.

It's convoluted. You end up with what you wanted anyway. The process of getting there makes all the difference. You just have to show your work.