PDA

View Full Version : The Dreamwalker Paragon Path - Questions

testsubject27
2013-06-26, 09:56 AM
OK, so I couldn't find a lucid and thorough discussion of the Dreamwalker paragon anywhere that had useful or usefully difficult questions addressed and answered.

So here goes:

Character I will be discussing:

Hybrid Warlock Battlemind MC Psion Dreamwalker.

Relevant Powers:
Mind Spike
Living Fortress
Shadow Ally
Manifest Dream Form
Intellect Prism
Psionic Speed
Eldritch Strike
Command Insanity

Questions:

1) What are the defenses of the dream form? I assume like most conjurations they are equal to my defenses.

2) If the dream form is summoned ahead next to 3 foes and attacks them with psionic speed, they are marked by ME, not by it. Nonetheless, when they attack it, if they do, Mind Spike triggers. They roll their damage and add it up then Mind Spike punishes them for hitting not ME and the dream form is destroyed. Is that correct?

3) By the same token, the fact that targeting the dream form is not the same as targeting me, Shadow Ally does not give the dream form a bonus to its defenses. If it is ruled that the dream form is me then it gets the defensive bonus to Shadow Ally if that is in play.

4) If the same attack hits both ME and an Intellect Prism, but not my Shadow Ally, then I have +4 defenses. My intellect prism in such a case has +4 on top of that for that attack. Correct?

5) If any of the adjacent foes to the Dream Form move away without shifting they are subject to my opportunity attack. I have Eldritch Strike and can add my curse damage to any foe that is cursed. Correct?

6) If I used Command Insanity on a foe that failed its save and got marked by Psionic Speed then when I command it to attack itself with its at-will, this will trigger the Mind Spike as well, or if they have a ranged at-will it will trigger the opportunity Eldritch Strike with curse damage, even better. Correct?

7) If I use a power like Living Fortress or Armor of Agathys on myself, they do not affect the area or defenses of the Dream form Intellect Prism do they?

Surrealistik
2013-06-26, 10:59 AM
Yes. Temporary bonuses don't apply.
No; Mind Spike doesn't trigger. It's not an ally or even a creature.
Yes, if the DM fiats that it counts as 'you', it gets the bonus, but it doesn't count as you by the RAW.
No. The Intellect Prism isn't you and temporary bonuses don't apply to its defenses.
They don't provoke. You can use powers as if you were there, but this doesn't change the normal definition of what triggers an opportunity attack (leaving a square without shifting or using a ranged/area power while adjacent to you). If the DM fiats that the Dreamform counts as 'you' this works. You can apply curse damage to the target if you haven't already on its turn.
No; it's not an ally. Yes, it will provoke.
No. Temporary bonuses don't apply. Dream Form and Intellect Prism aren't allies and so can't even benefit from the 'cover' aura of Living Fortress.