PDA

View Full Version : Cleric/Warlock/Wizard

tricktroller
2013-06-26, 03:45 PM
Ok folks, first off, I am not trying to chain Eldritch Disciple and Eldritch Theurge with Mystic theurge. They will all three be used but separately.

Cloistered cleric3/Warlock2/Eldritch Disciple1/Wizard3/Eldritch Theurge1/Mystic Theurge1/ED1/ET1/MT1/ED1/ET1/MT1/ED1/ET1/MT1

Ending with 10th level cleric casting 10th level warlock and 11th level wizard casting.

Sure it isn't optimal but holy crap does he have a ton of things he can do all day. This isn't a character that can be done as a 1-20 because you just wouldn't do anything useful ever, but it is an interesting concept. Funny enough though even using the chain you only end up with cleric13 warlock 14 wizard 14.

So what do you guys think? any way to make it work better?

I am actually working on an Eldritch disciple to play in a friends game, that should be cool. If anyone wants to help me with that as well I wouldn't mind.

Snowbluff
2013-06-26, 03:49 PM
Eldritch Disciple is a pretty nifty class. Check out my handbook if you need ideas. I am also thinking about adding a sample ED build sometime.

As for your build, early entry the spell requirements, and switching Cleric for Ur Priest would work wonders.

Randomguy
2013-06-26, 05:14 PM
Wizard 1 (with Precocious Apprentice)/Warlock 3/Any class with a good fort save 1/Urpriest 1/Mystic Theurge 9/Eldritch Theurge 5 gets you casting as an 8th level warlock, 15th level wizard and a 10th level UrPriest. So that's 9th level cleric spells, 7th level wizard spells and you only lose 1 invocation and 1d6 eldritch blast.

You could also do something like MT 1/ED 8/ET 5 for the last 14 levels, netting you 16 levels of Warlock casting, 9 levels of urPriest casting and 7 levels of wizard casting, which gets you a Dark Invocation, 9th level divine spells (if you have a high wisdom score) and 4th level arcane spells. Or you could use sorcerer rather than wizard 1st level and go MT1/ED 9/ET 4, getting only 3rd level arcane spells but making you much less MAD and giving you all 10 levels of urpriest casting.

For a more even approach; make the last 14 levels MT 6/ED 4/ET 4, which gets you Warlock 11, Wizard 11 and Urpriest 10 casting.

Spuddles
2013-06-26, 06:43 PM
Munchkin route:

Hatchling Phaerimm with Old Blood feat (True Dragon).

Pick up Academic Priest (ur priest), add loredrake, riddled, and spell hoarding template.

You now cast as a wizard equal to your character level +2, have +10 int, ANY spell you successfully counterspell can be added to your wizard spells known (provided you have enough gp in gems at hand), and you use int for all your ur priest casting.

Warlock9/ur priest1/Eldritch Disciple 10 (use early entry method), LA buy off two, and you are casting as a 22nd level wizard, 22 CL ur priest, and 19th level invocations.

But you have to use 3rd party stuff and pretty much disregard RAW when you need RAI, and RAI when you need RAW.

Snowbluff
2013-06-26, 07:04 PM
Gamebreaker Hatchling should work, if you want a 1st party version.

Spuddles, which parts of that was 3rd party?

Spuddles
2013-06-26, 07:10 PM
Old Blood is from Bastards and Bloodlines, and Academic Priest is Dragonlance.

Speaking of Dragonlance, as long as LA buy off is around, grab White Dragonspawn for another +1 sorc (converted to wizard thanks to spellhoarding) casting. Use a thought bottle to buy off the first 1 LA from phaerimm, then grab the dragonspawn template (applied), followed by more buy off and thought bottle abuse.

You may as well necropolitan your way into an evolved template, buy it off, and thought bottle back up to 500 less your full xp total. Pump that charisma a little for your invocations.