PDA

View Full Version : Planely Mad Adventures (World of Dungeons) [IC]

UserClone
2013-06-26, 08:27 PM
Welcome to the IC thread! [OoC Thread link] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288066)

For clarity, here is how I would like us to format our posts:

Actions are just regular text.

EXAMPLE: John reaches back to draw his sword.

Speech is in your color. Shouts can be capitalized, bolded and sized up to 3 (the default is 2), and whispers can be sized down to 2. This will make the thread very easily readable to anyone who is into AP. Quotes are helpful to differentiate what you privately think from what you actually say out loud.

EXAMPLES: John says, "I'm sorry, Sally, but there's no other way..."
John shouts, "I'LL KILL YOU! RAAAARGH!"
John whispers, "Stop standing there and play along! I can get us out of this!"

Private thoughts are italicized in your color, without quotes (so we know you aren't talking out loud).

I really hope the orcs don't notice we're just acting. At least until Sally can get to her quicksilver...

You already know how to roll, so if I ask you to roll with a stat, you'll know how. Best of luck with the forum RNG, as it loves to murder me when I play!:smalltongue:

A whiff of something cooking over one of the two fireplaces that dominate the ends of the common room is the first impression you get of this Inn. Exotic, sensual, mouthwatering.

The barkeep raises an eyebrow. "Oy! You raised in a barn?"

Telurian
2013-06-27, 03:24 PM
Joxer looks up from his table toward the door.

Joxer

Karen BlackRose
2013-06-27, 03:30 PM
"Maybe I was, what's it to you?" Najja retorts shutting the door to the Inn behind her. She strides in confidently, trying to make the most of the attention she was getting. She walks right up to the bar and sits down on one of the stools. "So, I see there are some folk you don't normally see 'round these parts here. What type of establishment you runnin'? If you don't mind me askin'."

UserClone
2013-06-27, 09:08 PM
"You got an attitude, kid!"

The barman raises to his full height as he comes around the bar to meet Najja. He towers over her, impossibly tall and imposing.

Then he bearhugs her, grinning.

"Great! We could use some of that verve around here!"

Karen BlackRose
2013-06-27, 09:34 PM
"Glad you approve." Najja coughs, "Now, would you mind letting me breath?" She doesn't really try to get out of his grasp, knowing that a wrong move may end up with her squished into glob. "Also, my name is Najja, yours?"

UserClone
2013-07-02, 08:54 AM
((Sorry for the delay!))

"Oh, relax, Najja! No harm will come to you here!"
Even as he says it, gingerly placing you back on the ground, you feel your throat instantly cease aching and your breathing comes easily, without the gasping and gulping for air you'd have expected.

"Mitchifer's the name," his voice booms, "and welcome to the World Serpent!"

That isn't the name of the bar you meant to go to, but you're positive that this is the exact address your buddy tipped you off to.

Looking around, you are clearly both not in your element. Whereas most bars would have some elves, dwarves, and humans (with perhaps the occasional hobbit or orc), this is entirely unfamiliar territory. There are what appears to be a couple of devils playing cards at a corner table with some sort of human half made out of mist and what looks like a centaur, only of a ram instead of a horse.

There is what appears to be a sentient blob at another table, drinking with a vampire and its three thralls.

Also, there sits at one table a lone man (Keith, you can describe Joxer).

"Food and drinks are on the house, young miss! What'll it be?"

Karen BlackRose
2013-07-02, 09:08 AM
"I'll just have some food if you don't mind. Warm bread if you have it, preferably. If you don't, just bread is fine." Najja had always lived in a fairly bad state financially while she was growing up, so warm bread had not been an option in her household. Her parents also didn't really like the idea of her methods of supporting herself, so they refused to let her give them any of the money unless they knew exactly where it came from.

Telurian
2013-07-02, 02:14 PM
Joxer is a middle-aged man, appearing to be around 40, with well-worn lines in his face and weathered by the sun. He is not built well, narrow of shoulder and face, but his short-sleeved tunic shows some well-toned muscle that suggests some measure of strength. Dangling in the center of his chest is a silver holy symbol of some deity you don't recognize. A worn satchel rests under his chair, bulging with odd shapes and corners, while a shield hangs off the back of his chair. He watches the exchange with a smile, then adds, "It's all right, he means it, have some real food, you'll need your strength if you're going to venture into the back rooms. You're welcome to join me if you'd like," as he waves to one of the other chairs at his table. Glancing at his table you see that he has enough food to feed two grown men arrayed out in front of him in various states of consumption. "This one is quite good, Mitchifer, thank you for suggesting it," he continues as he stabs at another piece of marinated meat and pops it into his mouth.

Joxer

Benhimself
2013-07-04, 09:35 AM
Kothas scowled as the dice rolled up a pair of grinning skulls. There was laughter from about the table: "At least we know the wizard isn't using magic to cheat!"

"As if I would waste good quicksilver on something so trivial." The roll did leave him flat broke, however. Hadn't there been some mention of a 'lucrative proposal' floating around earlier?

Kothas excused himself, and rose from the gambling table, a strange figure for a 'wizard': young, fit, his deeply tanned shirtless body covered in spiraling tattoos, and surveyed the room. That person who had mentioned work was still around here somewhere, right?

Karen BlackRose
2013-07-05, 10:40 PM
The lady standing next to Mitchifer who has identified herself as Najja is a strawberry-blonde, her hair cut shorter than most women. Her stormy grey eyes reflect the turmoil in her heart. She is built lean, although she has almost no muscle. She looks quick and nimble, and she is also fairly beautiful compared to some others. Her clothes accentuated her dexterity over her beauty with the looser style of clothes. They were a beige color bringing out the red in her hair.

She walks over to Joxer's table and pulls up a seat after saying, "I'll try whatever you'd recommend Mitchifer."

She smiles at Joxer and gives a slight chuckle at the unknown holy symbol, though she doesn't know who would expect a thief to recognize any holy symbol for that matter. She nods her head, "Thanks for letting me sit here."

She notices the ruckus of the dice table and just gives a quick grin before returning to the situation at hand, she wouldn't want to give herself away so quick, now.

Telurian
2013-07-07, 02:16 AM
Joxer gives the young woman a toothy grin, "No problem, always nice to meet new people. Najja, was it? I'm Joxer," he finishes, and offers a hand after wiping it carefully on his napkin to clean it. "Oh, I saw you eyeing my symbol, it's the holy symbol of Hercules since you were curious. I don't suppose you've ever heard of him where you're from?"

Joxer

UserClone
2013-07-07, 05:40 AM
As a matter of fact, you haven't heard of Hercules. It must be some minuscule cult then, since you're at least passingly familiar with the gods of Greyhawk, and you wouldn't expect foreigners in such a provincial town as this one. Huh. Come to think of it, you wouldn't have thought there'd be such a large, lavish tavern here, either...in fact, you could have sworn this building was smaller on the outside...

Karen BlackRose
2013-07-08, 09:33 AM
"It's nice to meet you too, Joxer. It's weird though... I've never heard of Hercules... And I'm really honestly surprised that this tavern is so big and all. The islands I call home... Well, we don't really get foreigners too often so our taverns aren't all that big." Najja commented. To her, this was a mystery. Why would my island ever have a tavern this large? I don't remember ever having a foreigner visit our tiny island...

Telurian
2013-07-09, 01:32 PM
Joxer smiles warmly and says, "It's all right, I've met many people here that have never heard of Hercules, even though he is quite famous where I am from. They have told me of their gods and so many of them are completely unfamiliar to me as well. A few have told me of the inn they THOUGHT they were entering, only to find themselves in a completely different place, so I'm guessing that some transportation magic is involved. An inn of this size would be completely out of place in my home city, and I actually entered a small hostel only to find myself here. I am in no great hurry to make my way home, this place seems a glorious adventure, and filled with those who have never heard of the mighty labors of Hercules, so I get to tell all my stories to fresh ears, what more could I ask for? What were you seeking when you came here?

Joxer

Karen BlackRose
2013-09-28, 12:13 PM
"I thought I was entering a small tavern that had been designated as the meeting spot for a job I was about to take up. Alas, though it seems that job will never happen because of this mishap; or maybe it was meant to be that I came here. I won't know, unless I find this person who was offering me the job unfortunately. And even if I did, it'd be even less likely I'd be able to complete it now." she sighed. Her elbows rested on the table and her fingers were woven together as a cradle for her chin, "But what's done is done. Would you tell me a bit more about this place?"

Telurian
2013-10-05, 08:29 PM
"I only know what I've been told, I haven't been here that much longer than you have, I just listen to people's stories, I haven't gone exploring yet, the back corridors are said to be dangerous. The common room here is safe enough though.

Joxer