View Full Version : Why would there be two paths to the gate?

Demolator
2013-06-27, 03:11 AM
I don't know if this question's been brought up before (it probably has, in which case I apologize), but while going through the most recent comics, it shows the Linear Guild coming to the room with the gate via another hallway. Maybe it's a gate illusion or something (probably not), but if I was building a labyrinth in a pyramid full of tricks and traps, I definitely wouldn't make two pathways that lead to it if it needs to be protected so badly. So I'm wondering why Girard did (maybe he had a good reason). It just seems like if you didn't want anyone to find your gate, you wouldn't give people two right ways to get there. Anyone got any guesses why?

Silverionmox
2013-06-27, 03:20 AM
I don't know if this question's been brought up before (it probably has, in which case I apologize), but while going through the most recent comics, it shows the Linear Guild coming to the room with the gate via another hallway. Maybe it's a gate illusion or something (probably not), but if I was building a labyrinth in a pyramid full of tricks and traps, I definitely wouldn't make two pathways that lead to it if it needs to be protected so badly. So I'm wondering why Girard did (maybe he had a good reason). It just seems like if you didn't want anyone to find your gate, you wouldn't give people two right ways to get there. Anyone got any guesses why?

Presumably the family, stationed throughout the pyramid, needs access too to make a last stand when the pyramid were to be invaded.

factotum
2013-06-28, 02:49 AM
The best mazes have a load of interconnecting passageways in order to prevent people following the left-hand wall to get to the exit or something like that. Having more than one passage leading to the eventual exit is just another method of achieving the interconnection.

Gift Jeraff
2013-06-30, 12:26 AM
Maybe it's done to throw off the fact that it is indeed the final room. So even if you suspect that the Gate is indeed in the pyramid, you might try going through the path you didn't take rather than fully examine the pillar.

Or maybe since the Draketooths are chasing you in the path you came from, you might decide to keep running, forcing you down a path with untriggered traps and hallways you are unfamiliar with.

Vinsfeld
2013-06-30, 12:55 AM
Maybe it's done to throw off the fact that it is indeed the final room. So even if you suspect that the Gate is indeed in the pyramid, you might try going through the path you didn't take rather than fully examine the pillar.

This is what I think too. If they go down one path, they will end up in the gate room. When they get there, they will see another door, so they might think that it's not the end of the line. Even though there's a massive "dome"-kinda-thing in the center of the room.

Bottom line is... It's just to confuse people more.