PDA

View Full Version : Which Tiny Creature has the most Natural Attacks?

unseenmage
2013-06-27, 11:55 AM
Just like the title says, I'm looking for the Tiny base creature with the most Natural Attacks.
Special Attacks count but only if they are not Con based.

Thanks regardless Playground.

Edit: Forgot the creature type restriction: any corporeal aberration, animal, dragon, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, or vermin.

Specification: Class levels are a no-go as well. Sorry.

dascarletm
2013-06-27, 12:01 PM
Just like the title says, I'm looking for the Tiny creature with the most Natural Attacks.
Special Attacks count but only if they are not Con based.

Thanks regardless Playground.

Hydra shrunk down using sizing shenanigans. (for details see Tippy)

Saito Takuji
2013-06-27, 12:18 PM
i somehow doubt there would be a tiny giant. altho, it would be amusing to play one sometime, so if there is one out there someone lemme know

Nettlekid
2013-06-27, 12:25 PM
Actually Tiny and smaller Giants are possible with the spell Return to Nature. It's a spell which has different effects based on the unnatural creature type affected by it. It affects Giants as Reduce Person. Except that it's an instantaneous spell. So it Reduces the Giant, and that's it. Therefore, it stands to reason that you can cast it repeatedly, shrinking the Giant to Fine size.

Yeah, I'd say something like Tippy-style sizing Hydra too. To guess on how to do it, I'd say use Flesh to Stone on the Hydra, Shrink Item on the statue (technically nonmagical stone), and then Stone to Flesh. Spells don't stop working if you stop being a valid target, so you basically now have a Hydra affected by Shrink Item.

Or make the Hydra a Monk, give it an Amulet of Mighty Fists with the Sizing property, and now it can change the size of its weapons (its whole body, because it's a Monk) into any size you want.

Or a Muckdweller that somehow has levels in Totemist, because that can lead to NI Natural Attacks.

unseenmage
2013-06-27, 12:35 PM
Hydra shrunk down using sizing shenanigans. (for details see Tippy)

Yeah, I'd say something like Tippy-style sizing Hydra too. To guess on how to do it, I'd say use Flesh to Stone on the Hydra, Shrink Item on the statue (technically nonmagical stone), and then Stone to Flesh. Spells don't stop working if you stop being a valid target, so you basically now have a Hydra affected by Shrink Item.

Or make the Hydra a Monk, give it an Amulet of Mighty Fists with the Sizing property, and now it can change the size of its weapons (its whole body, because it's a Monk) into any size you want.

Or a Muckdweller that somehow has levels in Totemist, because that can lead to NI Natural Attacks.

Does Tippy-style resizing survive Templating?

If so aren't there like 2 creatures that beat the Hydra for sheer number of Nat Attacks? In the Fiend Folio maybe.

Additionally, no class levels. Sorry for not specifying. Editing OP to reflect.

Thanks for the suggestions so far folks.

dascarletm
2013-06-27, 01:41 PM
Does Tippy-style resizing survive Templating?

If so aren't there like 2 creatures that beat the Hydra for sheer number of Nat Attacks? In the Fiend Folio maybe.

Additionally, no class levels. Sorry for not specifying. Editing OP to reflect.

Thanks for the suggestions so far folks.

I'm sure there are things that beat hydras. I just used that as an example because it was the first thing that came to mind.:smallbiggrin:

Kazyan
2013-06-27, 02:04 PM
There aren't a lot of Tiny or smaller creatures in D&D 3.5, compared to the number of Small or larger creatures.

Monsterfinder isn't a complete index, but I looked through it, and, uh...

The best answer is a Cat, I think.

unseenmage
2013-06-27, 02:23 PM
There aren't a lot of Tiny or smaller creatures in D&D 3.5, compared to the number of Small or larger creatures.

Monsterfinder isn't a complete index, but I looked through it, and, uh...

The best answer is a Cat, I think.

Thanks, I'd forgotten about good ol' Monster Finder.
Cat was winning in my search too till I ran across Monstrous Scorpion. It'll lose poison but I'm fairly certain it'll retain Improved Grab and Constrict.

Omitting any coolness from Dragon/Dungeon I guess that's the best of the cheapest (menaing tiny) Effigies.

Too bad it doesn't have hands.