PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Feral Cleric

A.A.King
2013-06-27, 12:28 PM
I'm thinking of creating a Feral Cleric as an NPC who grew up and still lives in the wild, (raised by wolf, the complete old cliché). I'm going for Cleric instead of Barbarian or Druid because I like the Bestial Domain and I want him to have scent (actually kind of need him to). However, I feel that, because he grew up in the wild he shouldn't have Medium or Heavy Armor proficiency, now I'm wondering what would be a nice thing for my Feral Cleric to get in exchange for losing proficiency. I want him to travel with the players and I don't want them to buy him nice armor for him to wear so that's also why I'm taking away the proficieny.

Another question is, what would be a good second domain next to Bestial for my Tarzan/Mowgli-Cleric?

NOTE: I'm not really a DM (yet), I just like creating stories/campaigns so this is more a thought exercise then something created for specific people. I also don't like to just handwave, I prefer giving scent to my Feral Cleric using the Bestial Domain instead of making him a barbarian and saying he just has it.

Gerrtt
2013-06-27, 12:33 PM
Animal or Plant fit the bill.

blelliot
2013-06-27, 03:16 PM
Strength also would work imho

ArcturusV
2013-06-27, 03:27 PM
I'd probably kitbash the Cloistered Cleric to do what you want. I mean they don't get heavy or medium armor. Instantly fits. Swap out the "Always has Knowledge Domain" and "All Knowledge Skills are class skills" for "Always has Beastial Domain. Climb, Jump, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, and Survival are always class skills."

Should be a rough approximation of what you want. And it's not so far out of left field that you are really doing any heavy work to the system.

A.A.King
2013-06-27, 03:54 PM
Yeah, that should work. I was kinda hoping to keep the BAB but with the -4 to INT that the Feral Template gives him, and the general idea of him being stupid he'd be losing too many skill points, so I'm guessing it's easier to just change Cloistered Cleric.

nedz
2013-06-27, 06:37 PM
You're really trying to make a new Cleric ACF. You could model it on one of the Druid ones

Deadly Hunter (UA, p 58): Gain bonus to AC when armoured and fast movement (as monk). Gain favoured enemy, track, and swift tracker as a ranger. Lose armour and shield proficiency and wild shape.

Maybe take away turn undead instead of wild shape.

Any of the Animal, Endurance, Plant, Storm, Strength, Travel, Weather or Windstorm domains sound in character

A.A.King
2013-06-28, 05:29 AM
I like that suggestion better, the high wisdom makes it unnecessary to be armored anyway and it represents a more wild personality. (And he doesn't really need turn anyway)

Small question about the Feral template I assume that with inherited they mean that you got it from your also Feral parents but it's surely not too far fetched to say someone got it simply from growing up as a beast right?