PDA

View Full Version : Project Freelancer [Wild Talents] - IC

Comissar
2013-06-27, 01:24 PM
"All Agents, report to the mission briefing room in thirty minutes. Be prepared for combat insertion after the brief."

Soldiers across the Mother of Invention paused to listen to the Director's announcement. This would be the first time that the Agents would enter the field under the direction of the project. Conversations soon started up, in one of the many corridors two men started taking bets on how long the Agents would last. In the mess, a group of engineers talked about what they'd heard about the training the Agents had been put through. Down in the hangar, a soldier put down a heavy crate and turned to his senior officer.

"What? You think you can stop just because of some announcement? Get back to work! We need to have the ship loaded and ready to fly in the next half hour!"

With a disgruntled sigh, the soldier picked up the crate again and moved it on board the waiting Pelican.

"I repeat, all Agents report to the mission breifing room in thirty minutes. Be prepared for combat insertion after the brief."

On the bridge, the Director turned the intercom off. Looking out at the starscape before him, he asked "And you're certain they have it?"

The Counselor consulted the dataplate he held, "Yes, our inside source was able to capture some images of it prior to being discovered."

"That is most excellent, Counselor."

Erasmas
2013-06-27, 02:31 PM
Erasmas removed his dogtags and stared at them for a long time, taking in a myriad of details and memories not seen in the shiny reflection of the shining steel plates. All of it - the entire childhood full of admiration of heroes, his decision to enlist for service instead of study at university, the training and the secrecy - all of it... came down to this moment. He was no longer those a collection of those memories and details that had brought him here. He was now Agent Arkansas - no more than a culmination of his ruthlessness in combat and his skills at the wheel.

He hung the tags on a metal peg at the back and slammed the locker door shut. Then he flexed his armored fingers into a fist, still getting accustomed to the way it felt to be wearing so much extra weight. And, grabbing his red and black helmet, he tucked it under his arm and made his way towards the Briefing Room. I can still smell the g*dd@mn paint on this suit... he bemused to himself on the way. Hopefully they don't mind if I scratch it.

Vknight
2013-06-27, 03:00 PM
"Ok so the team load-out is?"
Carolina moves at a brisk walk, talking to herself in the way a unknown voice is answering.
Sliding her right hand across the tablet she carries, begins looking at the team.
"Alaska, Arkansas, Myself, Maryland, and Rhode Island. Gender ratio optimal, 2 have issues with human interaction. Note Arkansas & Rhode Island are not allowed on solo tasks together."
Typing away at the tablet making a few quick notes Carolina stops for a moment and begins selecting equipment.
"We are not going in hot so standard set up, 2 silenced magnums and a silenced Sub-machine gun should cover me. Note to the Director Full Metal Jacket slugs, phosphorous rounds, and armor-piercing rounds need to be added to the teams inventory."
Well talking the equipment she types with her thumb on the tablet.
Pointing at a random engineer without really looking.
"You, did they modify the suit as per my request to prioritize speed over power."
She headed off towards the briefing room snapping her fingers.
Seeing her reflection along the wall as she walked Alice grinned, to the others she was just Carolina and she liked being anonymous. Closing the tablet as she walked.

Molosse
2013-06-27, 03:49 PM
Mercia, upon hearing the announcement, rises from the kneeling position he adopts every morning, raising his gaze towards the mounted Cross of Lorraine, finishing his prayer as he does so "...Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius" .

As he rises Mercia reflects upon the preparations required within the next half-hour and following them the mission ahead. It shall be a good day he muses as he begins the kilometer long walk to the armory and from there the briefing floor.

Comissar
2013-06-27, 03:55 PM
The engineer Carolina gestured to started and then hurried to walk behind her. "Um, yes Carolina." A distinct note of nervousness is present in the engineer's voice, possibly due to being unused to speaking directly to the Agents themselves, "I think the armour's been modified the way you wanted it. It should be noticeably different to how it was in training."

Aneurin
2013-06-27, 04:46 PM
Maryland

Dink.

Dink. Dink.

Dink.

Dink. Dink. Dink.

The holographic circles flick from green to red as each punch or kick connects with them. It doesn't take long until they're all red, leaving Maryland stood alone in the middle of the training room floor.

The only sign of the strain of training under the armour is the heaving of her shoulders as she breathes heavily. She rolls her shoulders, taking a moment's respite.

"Right. Set it up agai-" she starts to say, before being cut off by the announcement blaring through the speakers in the training room.

"Aw-right! Finally!" she says with great relief at the news. Much as she hates to admit it, being out of the action's been killing her. At last, there's a chance to finally go out and get the damned Innies. Whirling on her heel, her short, armoured form strides towards the door.

As she walks, one hand slowly clenches in to a fist.

Molosse
2013-06-27, 07:31 PM
Liking Aneuran's idea of a bolded designation to start the post so I'll be stealing that :)

Rhode Island

Mircea makes his way down the corridor, absently acknowledging the quick salutes from the MoI's marine contingent as he goes.

He enjoys the walk, the flashing lights always remind him of sunlight through the branches and with his eyes closed the pneumatic crackle of his armors joints almost sounds like crushed snow beneath his feet. It's not until a much more purposeful tread interposes itself over his little reminiscent fantasy that he opens his eyes and again confronts the industrial reality around him.

He pauses at the door to the training hall, cocking his head as he does to better catch the sound of footsteps becoming ever more present. Forceful, almost aggressive, the aforementioned crackle of joints and servo's accompanying every step. He remains there, head tilted, posture relaxed as the footsteps move from approaching to approached, he opens his eyes and looks down.

And then further down again before catching the first glimpse of a visor. Similar style armor, obviously customized to suit the wearer. No salute which is the most telling.

"Hello Marylund, anodder day anodder onbeliever to schlay yah?"

Vknight
2013-06-28, 08:03 AM
Carolina steps into the briefing room from one of the two entrances.
Joy Arkansas is the only one in the room. Carolina's fingers twitched she wanted to go too her tablet and find out where the others were.
No I should talk to him he's social inept not stupid.
"Arkansas, how are you today, prepared and ready for the mission?

Erasmas
2013-06-28, 09:42 AM
Arkansas

Great, its Carolina... Little Miss Sunshine herself..., he thought as the doors opened and the female Agent stepped through. He was leaning against the wall with his arms folded across his chest, waiting as usual. Ark had already field-stripped his shotgun... twice. I mean, I don't know what her problem is. Every time she is around me, she acts like I'm some kind of... His thought process was interrupted by Carolina actually addressing him with a question.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I mean... I hope I'm ready enough. I guess I'm about as prepped as I can be. You?"

Vknight
2013-06-28, 01:23 PM
That is good to hear.
With a pause Carolina went over her equipment list in her head.
"Perfectly fine, one must remain calm and ready for action. Think training was enough?
She looked at Arkansas, she couldn't be sure if he would strip the gun again. Hmm how many times had he done that before she arrived, once, twice, three times?
And have you decided on a armor modification?
No dog tags, or under his armor hmmm.
Deciding to not worry about the situation Carolina pulls out the tablet again and begins typing into it. Waiting on a response from Arkansas.

Erasmas
2013-06-28, 01:55 PM
Arkansas

"If the training that they put us through isn't enough; then I don't know what would be. I've never trained so hard for anything in my life before this."

He scanned the room, looking for any kind of time-display - he was pretty sure that everyone else must be running late... again.

When the subject of armor mods came up, Arkansas smiled and happily stated, "Yeah... I'm going with the Ground 'n' Pound... er, Armor Lock Mod. They say that you can take a shot from a M808B right on the chin with it turned on."

Re'ozul
2013-06-28, 06:12 PM
Alaska

Walking into the room slowly, the others can clearly see that once again Alaska has disregarded regulations and brought Emma along. The man is effectively inextricable from his sniper rifle. Most likely he has cleaned it twice already ... today.

Sitting down at the farthest point of the room, he silently waits.

Vknight
2013-06-28, 10:04 PM
"Oh the 'Ground 'n' Pound', I heard about it. I personally prefer that too Armor Lock."
Thumbing through the Tablet, Carolina checks a timer before putting a note in Arkansas's file about being more open when it involves weapons/combat
"The others are not late yet. They will be late in. 7. 6. 5."
Alaska walks in, Carolina pauses in her counting.
"3. 2. 1. Now Rhode Island and Maryland are late"
Carolina nods towards Alaska, before closing the tablet once more
"Well we now wait for the mission"

Aneurin
2013-06-29, 07:04 AM
Maryland

Her eyes narrow slightly at the sight of the giant before her - not, of course, that this could be seen underneath the gold mirrored visor.

"Hello, Rhode," she says, carefully ignoring the rest of his words. Not really a topic she cares much about - nor that she really wishes to discuss.

"Are you on the way to the briefing?" she asks in a neutral tone, desparately trying to avoid the arguments and competition that happened all through training - the question of who is best will be settled soon enough in the mission. It's a largely pointless question, it must be said, because where else would he be going? But she falls in beside him, barely coming up to the giant's shoulder.

Molosse
2013-06-29, 08:27 AM
Rhode Island

Mercia nods amiably at the diminutive agent and turns so they can both begin the short-walk to the briefing room.

"Vere else?"

He continues on in silence, enjoying the ever-present crackle of servo's, humming to himself as he plays with his also ever-present cross, he tilts his head to the right.
"Zo, first mission togedder yah? Vorried at hall?" As he speaks he plays his eyes over the rather tense frame of his fellow agent, stressed or anxious? Hard to tell, Maryland always was unaccountably self-controlling, always hard to read her.

Shrugging his shoulders he continues on, eye's closed, enjoying the interposed feelings of a by-gone time with the stark interior of a military vessel, waiting for her response.

Aneurin
2013-06-29, 10:26 AM
Maryland

"No, not really," she says with a shrug. Why would she be? The only thing to be concerned about is not completing the mission well enough - and that isn't going to be an issue with Project Freelancer providing the best weapons, armour and training in the UNSC the Insurrectionists won't stand a chance.

She lapses in to silence for a moment, before a thought strikes her.

"Why, are you?"

Striding in to the briefing room, she catches the tail-end of Carolina's words.

"Sounds like your tablet needs fixing, then, Carolina," Maryland says as she strides in to the room. "We're not late, are we, Rhode?"

Hope no-one minds split-timing here, but didn't want to hold things up while Mary's talking to Rhode.

Molosse
2013-06-29, 11:19 AM
Rhode Island

Grinning beneath his helmet at her last words Mircea enters behind Maryland into the Briefing Room, taking a quick headcount, looks like he's the last one in.

"Us late? Nie, Everyone else iz chust early dah?"

His grin widens further as he speaks, it'll be good to get started.

"Zo how iz everyone dis fine afternoon?"

Re'ozul
2013-06-29, 11:30 AM
Alaska

Looking up from Emma, Frank utters a short "Doing Fine" before sitting up straighter. Now that everyone is here, things will probably go down to brass tacks soon.

Vknight
2013-06-29, 11:32 AM
"Oh there you two are. My tablet is fine, it seems your right on time.", she liked Maryland good head on her shoulders.
Those two talking? More competitive banter or interaction about the mission?
Carolina looks over the group nodding absent mind-idly to herself
"Anyone else care to say their armor modification? I think it would be good idea to know for planning."
It also gives us something to talk about well we wait

Erasmas
2013-06-29, 11:58 AM
Arkansas

Arkansas smiled to himself and held back a laugh, "Don't you mean more likely it'll give you something to put down in that little diary of yours?" It was obvious his jest was intended to pull double-duty - both to provide a laugh and to poke a little bit of fun at Carolina. He walked over and took his helmet off of the nearest bench, so as to make more room for sitting... not that any of the Agents typically sat for very long. He hung it on the butt of his shotgun, sticking up over his left shoulder.

Molosse
2013-06-29, 12:01 PM
Rhode Island

++Private Communication++
++Subject: Maryland++

He pauses. "Ve hef been given a chance, greater ten most odders kould ever dreem uf, to be herbinkers uf order among our fragmented union, ve von' be de first Hy'm sure but... Und dis iz chust me, Hy'd like to be vun uf de last"

He cancels the private channel, Carolina is saying something, so controlling that girl. Another grin behind his faceplate, it's been a good day so far.

"Holograms my dear gurl"

He demonstrates by stepping forward... and away from himself, leaving a pair of rather large grey-armored figures behind, both with tilted heads, one immediately moves off to lean against the nearby wall while the other remains at-ease.

Aneurin
2013-06-29, 04:27 PM
Maryland

She tilts her head to the side for a moment, obviously listening to something none of the others can hear, before giving a little shrug. Why Rhode keeps talking to her like this continues to puzzle her - it's not like she shares his dreams; she just wants to beat the enemy. But something in her dedication must be a siren-call of comradeship to the other driven member of the squad.

"Nothing special," she says to Carolina after a few moments, rolling her shoulders and neck to ease out her muscles and stop them from stiffening after the training session. "Just an increase in the performance of the basic suit. Makes me faster and stronger,"

Comissar
2013-06-29, 05:26 PM
Shortly after the last two Agents arrive, a pair of doors open that lead from the bridge. The Director and the Councilor, trailed not far behind by a white armoured woman, her armour marked to indicate that she is a pilot, enter the room. The pilot moves off to stand in one corner, apparently content to just listen to the briefing rather than help to give it.

Without bothering to greet the Agents, the Director approached the table the others were gathered around.

"Agents, you may have heard rumours that a large part of the UNSC has broken out into open rebellion. These rumours are true, this insurrection is a sizable threat and has managed to secure several pieces of high level technology. Your mission is to recover one such piece, a UNSC black box."

He presses a few keys on the table and a pale blue hologram of a four story building complex flashes up.

"We have detailed intel. of the layout of the base along with the last known location of your objective," within the hologram, corridors and rooms appear and, on the third floor, a red block materialises to mark the objectives location, "The insurrectionists have a sizable military presence at this base, I do not recommend direct engagement. Once you have retrieved your objective, evacuate the complex. Your evac. craft will be waiting for you."

At this point the white armoured Pilot steps forward, "We're going for a quiet drop, people. We're coming in low and out of sight, they patrol the area regularly so I can't hang around without blowing your cover."

"Agent Maryland, you will be leading the team for this mission."

The Counselor adds "Your psychological profiles suggest that you will be best suited to co-ordinating this operation."

"Are there any questions?"

Re'ozul
2013-06-29, 05:38 PM
Alaska

Frank snaps to attention.

"Any already known viable targets for distractions, Sir?"

Aneurin
2013-06-29, 06:16 PM
Maryland

"Sir," she acknowledges, before turning to 'her' team. "Alaska, when we drop get high and stay there. You're our eyes and our back - any guards walks the wrong way, take them out. Rhode, you're on locks. Carolina, take point - anyone sees us, they don't get to talk about it. Arkansas will take rearguard with me," she pauses for a moment, then looks to the director, her visor mirroring the holographic display as she moves.

"Sir, is there any risk of a data spill?" she asks, wondering just how difficult it would be to track down any and all leaked material given the size of the complex - assuming, of course, it hadn't already left the site.

Molosse
2013-06-29, 06:38 PM
Rhode Island

After a brief disorientating conjoint of the two Mercia's he steps forward from the at-ease position.

"Perheps Arkansas schould take point over Karolina? De Riotgun vould be betta up-front yah? In henny kase schould ve kome to a door Hy kan' make my vay trough a big shell kould be chust vat ve ordered."

He turns to the director, sketching a quick salute

"Herr Director kan ve ekspeck henny ekstra eqvipment for dis mission? A kyber-lockpick vould be very nize"

Vknight
2013-06-30, 12:40 AM
Carolina ignored the comment, about her tablet. Smiling under the helmet as the director put Maryland in charge.
Holograms, and Better Suit Motion, so bets are down Alaska is probably running a Invisbility or one of those Kinetic Armor Upgrades.
"We are going in quite a riot-gun is like a flare in a stealth game. To bad we don't know numbers, strengths etc."
Better to be neat efficient and silent. Radio only Maryland?

Comissar
2013-06-30, 04:03 AM
The councilor nodded at Rhode's query, "We can provide you with any specific equipment you may desire. A cyber lockpick is certainly within our power to give you."

After pressing a few keys on his data pad, he continues "It will be waiting for you aboard your shuttle."

There was a brief pause before the Director spoke, "There are two barracks in the middle of the base and a garage near the entrance," a button pressed on the table, and all three buildings are highlighted in a brighter blue, "All three could potentially provide a distraction for you. We doubt they have had a chance to copy this data, we learned of their possession of it shortly after its arrival at the complex and replicating it is not a simple process."

At this point Four Seven Niner, the pilot, speaks up again, "You might want to decide on an emergency evac. in case it all goes to hell. It'll take me a minute or so to reach you from when you call, so signal me sooner rather than later if you need to get out fast."

And as promised, maps are here:

Ground Floor

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Dale%20Thompsons%20MacBook/untitled%20folder/Screenshot2013-06-30at094518.png

First Floor

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Dale%20Thompsons%20MacBook/untitled%20folder/Screenshot2013-06-30at094623.png

Second Floor

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Dale%20Thompsons%20MacBook/untitled%20folder/Screenshot2013-06-30at100622.png

Third Floor

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Dale%20Thompsons%20MacBook/untitled%20folder/Screenshot2013-06-30at094807.png

Vknight
2013-06-30, 09:51 AM
Well Maryland if we need a distraction which should be hit. And are escape route will be?"
Lets see what her plan is
Carolina noted a cyber-pick should be useful, 2 for in one person goes down or is compromised

Erasmas
2013-06-30, 11:53 AM
Arkansas

As the talk had become more tactics-based, he retrieved his helmet and put it on, the hissing seal confirming the tight fit.

"Director, if this mission calls for stealth, would it be possible to obtain a silencer fitted for my DMR. While the shotgun is my preferred tool for engaging the enemy, I do understand the importance of leaving a small footprint here... at least until we obtain the objective that is."

Ark moved closer towards the holographic display on the table, the blue schematics somewhat dispersively reflected in his blackened visor. He tried to comment as much information to memory as he could... every exit and elevator at least, and the location of those Hogs.

"I don't know exactly how low you plan on bringing us in, Miss..." he addressed the pilot. "But looks to me like a rooftop drop-off would be optimal. We work our way down just the one floor to the package and then head back up for dust off. And if, for some reason, we get pinched from on top... then we just keep heading down and make our way to one of those Warthogs - and then I'll do what I do best and we rendezvous at a secondary LZ outside of Innie-controlled space."

Vknight
2013-06-30, 01:23 PM
"I say we break the other one if we have to run. So they can't keep up"
This could be a good insertion mission to test our groups capabilities to keep a lid on things

Aneurin
2013-06-30, 05:49 PM
Maryland

"A roof-drop lacks stealth and subtlty, unless the stealth coating for the pelican is out of beta yet?" she adds, with a questioning glance at the pilot. "If we drop outside, Alaska can take out the turrets here, here, here and here," she says, tapping each turret location in turn. "Without them, their ability to see us coming is severely limited. We enter here," she taps a spot on the back wall. "When we're in, Arkansas and I will plant demolition charges here, here and here while the rest of the team proceeds to the target,"

Maryland taps the schematic again, indicating the two walls between the barrack blocks that face each other.

"We take those walls out, the two buildings fall in on each other and on a lot of their fighting strength. We do not blow those walls before we have the objective in hand, however. Stealth is still one of our objectives, and we have no guarantees the target hasn't been moved - until we know where it is, we stay quiet.

"We extract via helipad. If that route is compromised, we break in to the garage and take the warthogs out to rendezvous with our ride out here. As we leave, we bring the buildings down - give them something to think about other than following us," she zooms the image out and points to a spot in a canyon a few miles outside of the base.

"We maintain radio silence, they pick up any unexpected radio noise and they'll get suspicious. The signal for a rooftop extract will be three short comm bursts; the abort will be us breaking radio silence,"

Erasmas
2013-07-01, 09:59 AM
Arkansas

"Yeah, you're right... I can see how my plan was lacking subtlety.", Ark said with no lack of sarcasm as he took in the new plan. "But you're the boss for this one, Boss. So you say 'jump' and I'll just be sure to ask 'how high'."

Re'ozul
2013-07-01, 10:02 AM
Alaska

"A sound plan. Should I use the suppressor if we are going for stealth? It'll give us maybe thirty seconds to a minute extra before they notice their lookouts have fallen silent. A loud takedown from a far vantage point however could cause their concentration to waver on internal security allowing you easier entrance."

Comissar
2013-07-01, 12:27 PM
Four Seven Niner shook her head at Maryland's enquiry, "Nope, we'll be beneath their radar, but we're not invisible. And sure, helipad's fine for an extraction. Just remember what I said about the timing."

Although the question was addressed to the Director, it was the Councilor who replied to Arkansas. "Certainly," a few more taps on his data pad, "It will be waiting for you on board."

Adding the Silencer to the Battle Rifle will make it deal W+1 SK, the gobble dice to opposed perception will only be applied to enemies beyond 30 yards (it's harder to effectively silence a larger gun).

Vknight
2013-07-01, 04:03 PM
"We are a scalpel. Maybe next mission will call for a hammer, but not today Arkansas."
*I'm assuming the group is walking/talking well getting into the pelican and being delivered*
"If your really so interested in a fight how about we get some training/sparring after the mission? Won't be the same but could help."

Erasmas
2013-07-01, 04:12 PM
Arkansas

"Who said anything about a hammer?! I suggested a rooftop drop so that we had less distance to the objective, to minimize the amount of potential targets that we have to go through. And then we head back to the roof for evac - back through the same hole that we just made. How much more surgical do you want, Doc?"

Aneurin
2013-07-01, 04:19 PM
Maryland

Calmly ignoring the sarcasm, Maryland says aloud to Arkansas; "Thank you, I'm glad you see it like that,"

Turning to Alaska; "Suppressor, please. I'd like us to have the target in-hand before they know we're there. Our Primary objective is retrieval of the target, our Secondary objective is stealth and our teriary objective is to destroy the Insurrection forces stationed in the base. Will we have access to the demolition charges?" she adds as an aside to the Director and Councilor.

Erasmas
2013-07-02, 09:40 AM
Arkansas

The red-armored Agent moved towards the exit.

"You got it, Boss.", Ark threw out under Maryland's speech to Alaska. Once she was done, he then addressed the whole room, "So, that looks like we've covered everything. What say we skedaddle... that way we're home for dinner?"

Vknight
2013-07-02, 01:10 PM
Arkansas

"Who said anything about a hammer?! I suggested a rooftop drop so that we had less distance to the objective, to minimize the amount of potential targets that we have to go through. And then we head back to the roof for evac - back through the same hole that we just made. How much more surgical do you want, Doc?"

Carolina Decided why not?

Carolina sighed mentally, metaphors of course they would be lost on Arkansas.
"I...[reduced size for mumbling] Yes lets head on out."

Comissar
2013-07-03, 03:58 PM
"We can provide demolition charges, yes, though they do seem to be a bit-"

The Director interrupted the Councilor with a raised hand. "This is Agent Maryland's mission, Councilor, if she requests the charges then she will have them."

The Councilor gave the man a long look before tapping out a few more things on his data pad, "Very well Director."

"Now, if that is all, you are dismissed"

With that, Four Seven Niner salutes and leaves the room, moving with a swift stride. She glances back and gestures towards you for you to follow her, presumably to the drop ship. The Director and the Councilor remain by the holographic readout of the base, the Councilor taking his data pad over to the Director so that both can look at it.

Erasmas
2013-07-03, 04:07 PM
Arkansas

Agent Arkansas rolled off of the wall near the door and fell into step just behind Six Four Niner.

Re'ozul
2013-07-03, 09:06 PM
Alaska

Alaska follows the others, only to take a detour to get Emma's suppressor.

Comissar
2013-07-06, 08:20 AM
As you enter the hangar, you pass another white armoured soldier carrying a crate towards the waiting Pelican. The labels on the side indicate that these hold the charges that you requested.

Catching sight of him, Four Seven Niner shouts out "Hurry it up will ya? We don't have all day!"

Turning her head back towards you as you walk towards the waiting ship, she continues on in a far friendlier tone.

"So, first mission eh? Hope none of you get travel sick, hey!" her attention switches back to the soldier carrying the explosives, "Be careful with those! Do you want to blow us all to bits? Don't rush it, just put them down carefully in the hold."

A long suffering grunt is all the unfortunate soldier gives in reply as he gently places the crate in the Pelican.

"That's it, well done, now don't ya have something else you should be doing? Go on, clear off!" She watches him leave then, giving a brief shake of her head, turns back to the assembled Agents, "I don't know why I keep him around, worse than useless. Right, any of ya got the experience to be co-pilot? If ya do, I'll see ya in the pilots cabin."

Not waiting for an answer, she climbs into the pilots seat of the waiting Pelican and starts running through pre-flight checks.

Aneurin
2013-07-09, 09:16 AM
Maryland

"Arkansas, you riding shotgun on this one?" Maryland says as she walks up the open troop-bay ramp with the others, giving a nod towards the door leading to the cockpit.

"Carolina, give me an inventory count. Make sure we've got everything we asked for. Rest of you, strap in," she says, checking her own load-out and taking her seat.

Erasmas
2013-07-09, 09:49 AM
Arkansas

"Yes ma'am.", the Agent replied, already on his way to the co-pilot's seat. Once there, he ran his own diagnostics on the craft, separate from the one that Six Four Niner was sure to run, in order to familiarize himself with the specifics. He looked for a place to secure both his shotgun and his DMR while he was strapped into the chair, and tried to track down the suppressor that was supposedly somewhere onboard.

Re'ozul
2013-07-10, 08:13 PM
Alaska

Having fetched Emma's suppressor and the rest of his equipment, Alaska walks into the Pelican and silently sits down.

Vknight
2013-07-10, 10:44 PM
Carolina

With a quick check of the supplies, one would say that it almost looks as if Carolina knows they are there and in which boxes each of the supplies are.

"Done, we are all in order with supplies"

Comissar
2013-07-11, 02:10 PM
Flight checks finished, Four Seven Niner turned on the intercom, "Alright kids, buckle up!"

The hiss of pneumatics as the rear door closed is accompanied by a rising whine as the engines power up. A jarring, lurching sensation accompanies the lift off of the Pelican, from the cockpit Arkansas and Four Seven Niner watch the slow exit through the hangar's forcefield. Once outside of the Mother of Invention, the Pelican speeds up drastically, speeding towards the silent planet below. The Agents sitting in the hold can see the ship that had been their home for so many months rapidly shrinking to little more than a grey drop against a background of stars.

"E.T.A. is five minutes. Any last minute plans, now's the time to make them."

Erasmas
2013-07-12, 10:49 AM
Arkansas

"Route is set. NAV point up.", Ark said as he worked the navigation computer, trying to steer clear of taking any actual control away from the pilot. It was hard for him to not be the one driving, but he was far less comfortable with aircraft and Four Six Niner seemed to be much more adept at the job.

Once it was done, he turned his eyes back towards the Mother of Invention and gave a small salute. Today was different from all of the training they had done; the mood was different, the atmosphere was different, even the energy amongst the team was different. Today, people were going to die because of the actions that they were about to undertake. Arkansas closed his eyes in a moment of silent reverence to whatever powers that may be. Today, he might not come home.

Comissar
2013-07-17, 07:35 AM
The Pelican comes in low across the planet surface, using rocky outcrops to fool radar. Before too long you pull to a stop a few hundred metres north of the compound.

"This is where I leave you, remember, it'll take me a minute or so to reach you so don't wait too long to signal me. Good luck."

I'm away from my laptop at the moment, so the map will need to wait for a little bit. You're about 300m north of the compound's fence, it'll take you a few minutes to complete the journey on foot, but you are better able to avoid detection by making the journey on foot. The terrain is rocky with occasional boulders and sparse vegetation, the landscape is fairly flat though, no hill is more than 6m or so high and they're few and far between. The compund isn't visible from your landing zone, but it doesn't take long for it to come into view.

Erasmas
2013-07-17, 12:20 PM
Arkansas

The red-armored Agent had been the last out of the Pelican, having to first unstrap himself and then work his way back through the entire length of the aircraft. Finally, he was able to hop out, landing with a very solid THUD upon the ground. He pulled out his DMR and attached the suppressor he had been supplied with, testing the added weight on the end of the barrel in his hands. Ark then also made the slight adjustments in his scope's sighting mechanisms for the calculated drop in velocity. Cycling his weapons, he made sure that a shell was chambered in the 10-gauge and then, safety on, he engaged the magnetic locks to hold it in place on his back and likewise chambered a round in his DMR. When he was done with all of that, he then looked to Maryland and awaited his orders.

Re'ozul
2013-07-17, 07:38 PM
Alaska

As soon as the compound comes into view, Alaska comes to the ready with Emma and peers through the scope, letting his view strafe over the entire breadth of the compound in broad strokes to get a preliminary view of what they are up against.

Aneurin
2013-07-18, 04:43 PM
Maryland

As her armoured boots hit the dust, Maryland's already in motion. She sets off at a brisk trot, her steps raising slight puffs of dust as she moves towards the HUD-marked location, rattling off a stream of orders.

"Alaska, Carolina, get high and get me a sit-rep. Rest of us will stay low until we get eyes-on recon. Synch?"

In her left hand swings a matte-black armoured case containing enough explosives to topple a building. In the privacy of her own helmet she smiles grimly. The Innies like to use bombs. Well, it's time for them to get a taste of their own medicine.

Molosse
2013-07-18, 05:03 PM
Rhode Island

Mircea rolls his shoulders as he steps off the Pelican. Everyone seemed so eager so he had decided for a quick nap. Time to think and thus time well spent.

A quick 10m sprint to take position behind the closest bulge in the landscape leads to a scan of the surrounding "Country"-side with his SMG's scope.

Will be throwing in a Perception roll here when I can remember how to use the dice-roller. Feel free to roll for me Comi

He keeps one ear open to Maryland, ready to set off towards the objective when needed.

Vknight
2013-07-23, 02:48 AM
Carolina

Carolina follows the orders and will make a Perception(I also do not remember how to make a check on the Forums in a way for it too work with 1 roll engine, besides rolling 1 die at a time)

Also she ping up things her system activating

Comissar
2013-08-11, 06:50 AM
Once you've all disembarked, you hear the rising whine of the shuttles engines. Taking off, Four Seven Niner retreats to a safe distance to await the call for evac.

As you draw closer to the compound you begin to make out the shapes of people moving about. Using your scopes to get a closer look, they resolve into soldiers. All are armed, though none appear to have noticed you. Those on the ground seem to be following patrol routes whilst those on the rooftops look as though they're slacking off, just talking to one another.

Maps maps maps, these are the troops you can see along with the location of your canyon. I'll try and find some appropriate icons for each of you, in the meantime you'll be assumed to be sheltering near the fork in the canyon, out of sight of any sentries.

Overview of the area:
http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Dale%20Thompsons%20MacBook/untitled%20folder/Screenshot2013-08-11at123353.png
Ground Floor troop deployment:
http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Dale%20Thompsons%20MacBook/untitled%20folder/Screenshot2013-08-11at120423.png
First Floor troop deployment:
http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Dale%20Thompsons%20MacBook/untitled%20folder/Screenshot2013-08-11at120532.png
Top Floor troop deployment:
http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Dale%20Thompsons%20MacBook/untitled%20folder/Screenshot2013-08-11at120608.png

At this distance you can't hear anything they may be saying, nor can you tell what weapons they're using.

Erasmas
2013-08-12, 11:02 AM
Arkansas

Arkansas positioned himself behind a boulder that he could barely see over and leaned upon it, resting his silenced-DMR in the forward position, using his 3x scope to get a better assessment of the situation. He likewise started a timer in his HUD, as to get a rough estimate on the timing of the circuit of each patrol on the ground.

"I count thirteen tangos; four of them on the rooftops with access to those .50 cals."

Awesome maps, Comissar! Thank you for providing them... it makes combat infinitely easier IMO.

I am assuming the border that is pictured is chainlink fencing?

Molosse
2013-08-13, 11:42 AM
If I recall correctly from the last game it is.

Rhode Island

Mircea lowers himself down next to Arkansas, flicking on the M7S smart-link as he does and slowly playing it around the fenced encampment.

[roll0]

"Henny klue on de loadout dey're karryink? Not enough range on dis."

Molosse
2013-08-13, 12:10 PM
Rhode Island

Mircea pauses with the scan, keeping one eye on the scope he activates his internal-com to the rest of the team

Furddest Tango in de group uf four iz vearink different armour, kan' identify much else from dis range, permission to moff up to vestern outcrop und get a betta look Marylund?

Aneurin
2013-08-13, 03:40 PM
Maryland

She nods curtly, and drops back out of sight after a swift glance at the patrolling guards. No need to expose more people than absolutely necessary.

"Move up and let me know if you think you can take the ones on the roof,"

Erasmas
2013-08-14, 11:13 AM
Arkansas

"Whatdya want the rest of us to be doing, Hass?"

Aneurin
2013-08-20, 09:39 AM
Maryland

"Let's move up," she says, nodding towards a outcrop that's closer to the base and engaging the booster system on her armour. "Rhode, think you can take out any of the guards up there?" she asks, rising in to a sprinter's starting crouch.

Without waiting for an answer, she vaults the sand-worn stone in front of her and dashes across the intervening space in the kind of time that would make an Olypic sprinter hand in their running shoes and cry.

Erasmas
2013-08-20, 01:07 PM
Arkansas

"Roger that.", Ark responded as he started moving along the western wall. He was soon passed by Maryland in a blur, and so he doubled his efforts to make it to the outcropping that she had indicated. He knew he wasn't going to beat her there... but he certainly wasn't going to be the last either one to it either.

Comissar
2013-08-29, 04:42 PM
The Freelancers manage to move up without raising an alarm, at least not one that they can hear. The soldiers on guard duty still seem to be very relaxed, taking their time walking their routes, even stopping to chat at times.

So far as you can tell, they're not alert to your presence yet. The group of four are heading away from you and to the right whilst the group of three are walking slowly towards you and to your left. The pair at the far left of the base as you look at it aren't moving and appear to be locked in conversation. The sentries on the turrets are likewise slacking off.

Map:

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Dale%20Thompsons%20MacBook/untitled%20folder/Screenshot2013-09-01at091907.png

Erasmas
2013-08-30, 09:57 AM
Arkansas

The red-armored Agent stacked up against the rock beside Maryland, taking another quick peek around the side of the boulder, near the bottom.

"I hate this stealthy, sneaking-around, b^llsh!t. Alaska should take out those turret monkeys before they even know what is hitting them. And then we should draw out those footpads and drop 'em as they're juggling their keyrings to get the damn gate open. I mean, you're in charge and all, Mary... and I ain't gonna go against orders... but hell, we aren't ninjas."

Re'ozul
2013-08-31, 12:41 PM
Alaska

"Easily doable, but might alert others. Two targets at once, can't guarantee headshots. Stealth would be compromised."

For some reason I'm starting to imagine Alaska talking like Mordin.

Aneurin
2013-08-31, 03:59 PM
Maryland

"If you don't want to come along, you can stay here," Mary mutters in to her helmet as she rises into a sprinters' crouch, eyeing the guards again. "Alaska; anyone looks my way or even looks like they're going to look my way, I want them taken out,"

She hefts the demolition charge thoughtfully in one hand. If the guards refuse to make an opening, then the Freelancers will just have to make one.

Huh. I was getting Rorschach from Watchmen for some reason :smalltongue:

...will post actions when I see where, exactly, the guards are.

Erasmas
2013-09-04, 05:38 PM
Arkansas

"Now hold on a minute... I didn't say anything about staying here! I just prefer doing my work up-close and personal is all. This long range stuff is for the Rifleheads.", Ark hefted his shotgun to his shoulder in indignant protest. He then paused and added as an afterthought to Alaska, "No offense meant."

Re'ozul
2013-09-05, 09:06 AM
Alaska

"None taken."

Aneurin
2013-09-07, 05:49 PM
Maryland

She ignores the chatter around her, and squints towards the fence. Right. Those two guards on the corner need to go down, but the bodies need to be hidden before the next patrol goes through.

"Alaska. Two on the corner," she says, preparing for another sprint. "I want them gone before I get there. After that, take the turrets out, highest to lowest. Arkansas, follow on when the turrets are out of action. I'll make sure no-one finds the bodies,"

Erasmas
2013-09-09, 09:24 AM
Ark

"Roger that.", Arkansas exhaled as he went ahead and checked both of his guns for the fourth or fifth time, making overly certain that a round was already chambered and that the safeties were in place. He leveled his silenced DMR at one of the guards that would be nearest Maryland, to lay down secondary fire if Alaska happened to miss. Even if he didn't, he might be able to take out any of the other patrolmen that might wander too close.

Re'ozul
2013-09-09, 10:05 AM
Alaska

Before the order even penetrates the conscious part of his mind, Emma is levelled at Alaska's shoulder, her muzzle pointing directly at the head of the left guard. Two quick and suppressed cracks can be heard in succession. One guard hit directly in the head, the other pirouettes as the shot merely hits his arm.

Comissar
2013-09-09, 02:05 PM
Setting off at a dead sprint, Maryland narrowly avoids catching the attention of the patrol headed westwards. As he runs, Alaska's sniper rounds whiz past her and hit home. One Insurrectionist is sent sprawling as the bullet lodges in his helmet, unmoving on the ground, whilst the second performs a full pirouette as his gun is ripped form his hand. Instead of sirens, all that you can hear is a muffled "Son of a..." as Maryland closes the gap.

No alarm raised yet, the other soldiers have not noticed the beginning of the assault. Maryland is just shy of reaching the fence at the corner, you can hold onto the athletics check for when you do reach it though. One soldier is down for the count, bullet to the head will do that, the other has lost his gun due to a bullet through the arm.

Current Map:
http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Dale%20Thompsons%20MacBook/untitled%20folder/Screenshot2013-09-09at200322.png

Erasmas
2013-09-10, 11:07 AM
Arkansas

Continuing to train in with his scope, Ark tried to keep cover on Maryland's run. Any one of the guards that looked as though they might see her and either rise their weapon or make an obvious move to sound an alarm was going to get a lead vaccine.

Aneurin
2013-09-14, 06:22 PM
Maryland

Pelting across the ground just as fast as even her heavily boosted armour will allow, all Maryland can do is watch as Alaska opens fire on the two unsuspecting guards.

One down, the second -

Damnit. Not down. Have to fix that.

So it's just as well she's close enough to the fence to jump so high that she nearly clears the fence, rather than merely climb[i] it. And as soon as her feet touch the compound floor, she's running again - this time in a dead charge towards the Innie scum who's about to get [i]flattened.

Comissar
2013-09-15, 09:55 AM
Arkansas' shot whizzes past Maryland as she vaults the fence, striking the Insurrectionist that's still standing square in the chest. Maryland follows this up with a quickly delivered body blow, knocking the wind out of the unfortunate soldier. Doubled over, he makes an attempt to return a blow with his working arm. Though the strike connects, Maryland barely feels it through the protection of her armour.

[roll0] - Insurrectionist attempting to brawl with a mangled arm

Can everyone make a perception test please?

Map:

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Dale%20Thompsons%20MacBook/untitled%20folder/Screenshot2013-09-15at155916.png

Aneurin
2013-09-15, 12:20 PM
Maryland

Barely noticing the feeble blow that bounces off her armour, Maryland returns the blow with interest and smashes the guard face-first in to the adjoining wall.

Comissar
2013-09-17, 10:49 AM
Maryland ends the brawl quickly, the unfortunate soldier she was fighting dropping to the ground after the powerful blow to the head. As yet there's still no sign of any alarm being sounded. As the insurrectionist hits the ground, Alaska notices movement in the corner of his eye. One of the men manning the turrets on the highest building is walking over to the edge nearest to the Freelancers. There's a certain cautiousness to how he's walking, as though he's not sure what he's going to see.

One of the two Soldiers on the building in the top right of the compound (as you see it on the map) is walking towards the building edge, the way he's walking makes it look like he's looking for something. Currently only Alaska is aware of this.

Re'ozul
2013-09-17, 01:41 PM
Alaska

A whispered voice comes up over the encrypted channel.

"One Turretee coming towards. Seems to be investigating. Ready to take him out. Orders?"

Emma is slowly swung around, now pointing directly at the soon to be unfortunate man.

Can I see the other Turretee?

Erasmas
2013-09-18, 11:53 AM
Arkansas

The red-armored Agent shifted anxiously on the rock has was stacked up on, scoping in on Maryland's activity and the immediate area, waiting for any of the other patrolmen that might make a move on their Point. Hopefully, those turrets were out of commission soon, so that he could move up and actually join in this fight.

Aneurin
2013-09-18, 01:06 PM
Maryland

Fighting the temptation to look up - mostly because it'll slow her down, and won't do any good without a better thermal filter than her helmet has - Mary throws the case of explosives on one of the bodies, grabs both fallen guards by the collar and drags them around the corner.

"Your call," she hisses back to Alaska. She can't see what they're doing, and there's no use guessing.

She glances around to make sure she's not been spotted, then pads up to the door and tries the handle.

Comissar
2013-09-19, 03:56 PM
Maryland doesn't notice any movement from her position, the nearest door, however, is around the corner from her.

Sorry for the short update, busy day, will expand on it later

Aneurin
2013-09-22, 02:52 PM
Maryland

With a quick glance around the corner to make sure she's unobserved, Mary darts around the corner - dragging the corpses behind her. Sidling up to the door, she tries the handle carefully.

The turret is on the building Mary's going around, right? I can't recall where the maps are that show them at the moment.

Comissar
2013-09-25, 12:02 PM
Dragging the unconcious bodies of the two soldiers, Maryland makes her way around to the building's entrance. The door slides open as she gets close, revealing a corridor with various posters on the walls. A quick glance shows these to be largely related to administration.

Meanwhile, Alaska watches as the Turreter looks out to the North Eastern corner of the base, narrowly missing seeing Maryland. Though to far away to hear what's being said, he can see him glancing back to his companion before raising a hand to the side of his helmet.

Map of ground floor.

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Dale%20Thompsons%20MacBook/untitled%20folder/Screenshot2013-09-25at175025.png

The turreteers are on top of the North West and South East buildings respectively. The one that's suspicious is in the North West.

Erasmas
2013-09-25, 12:23 PM
Arkansas

"Alaaaskaaa... tell me that you see that Tango on the roof that looks like he might be radioing in."

Seeing sentry narrowly miss Maryland's presence, he cursed under his breath in relief. She was inside and out of sight now though... and while he was sure that the Agent could handle herself, there was a reason he was here on this mission. Arkansas moved to the eastern portion of the cluster of rocks that they now hid behind and prepared himself. He was going to make a dash for it and try to make it to the eastern-most building, to the wall opposite of the door that Maryland just entered. And then, once the coast was clear, he was going to follow her into the building.

At least, that was the plan.

"Alright, Alaska. I'm going in!" He took three deeps breaths in rapid succession and then made a break for it.

Hide/Stealth [roll0]

Re'ozul
2013-09-25, 04:33 PM
Alaska

As the inquisitive turreteer raises his hand to his helmet, Emma barks as Alaska fires. Once again tasked to dispatch two enemies at the same time, he hopes that one of the others has the other turreteer in their sight to help should he miss.

called shot 10, multiple actions 2
[roll0]
So 2x10 (meaning 3 shock/killing with penetration 1) on the nosy guy
and 2x3 (same) on the other (i think thats an arm)

Comissar
2013-09-28, 03:14 AM
Alaska's aim proves to be true once again as both of his shots hit home. The nearer Insurrectionist is sent reeling backwards, falling to the ground, as the bullet strikes his helmet. His unfortunate friend takes a shot through the arm, the bullet tearing clean through his upper arm. Despite this injury, the soldier manages to maintain his grip on his weapon, raising it after a moments pause, searching for a target.

Meanwhile, Arkansas begins his run to the fence, unseen so far by the soldiers patrolling on the ground.

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Dale%20Thompsons%20MacBook/untitled%20folder/Screenshot2013-09-28at091222.png

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Dale%20Thompsons%20MacBook/untitled%20folder/Screenshot2013-09-28at091254.png

Aneurin
2013-09-29, 06:56 AM
Maryland

As soon as she's inside the building, Mary drops the two bodies she's dragging and draws her pistol. Padding down the hallway, she checks the first room with it - slamming the door open, and sweeping her pistol across the room ready to gun down anyone she finds.

Just checking both rooms are empty. If they are, Mary's going to dump the bodies in one of them. If they're not, well, no-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Erasmas
2013-09-30, 10:30 AM
Arkansas

Agent Arkansas continues his sprint towards the fence, jumping up and attempting to vault the top of the chain-link barrier without slowing down too much. Even as he did this, he tried to avoid the eyes of the patrolling guards to the west of him.

Coordination [roll0]
Hide [roll1]

Re'ozul
2013-09-30, 12:40 PM
Alaska

Sighing in exasperation as no follow up shot comes, he goes to work again.
With only an instantaneous movement a new round is chambered and Emma sings again. With no attempt at haste needed this time, he has a split second to appreciate the fear on the face of the turreteer as he searches for the one shooting at him.

One shot: one die put at 10, +1 penetration
[roll0]
Result: 2x10; 3 shock & Killing with Penetration 2

Comissar
2013-09-30, 04:29 PM
Arkansas' attempt to get over the fence falls short, sending him crashing into the chain link perimeter. The sheer weight of his armour causes the fence to sag significantly, creating a loud clattering noise in the process. The sound coincides with Alaska's precise sniper round, sending the second turreteer to the floor as the bullet strikes his helmet. This time, though, the noise has caught the attention of one of the patrolling squads.

Meanwhile, Maryland finds the building she's entered to be empty of people.

Maps will be up tomorrow

Erasmas
2013-09-30, 05:27 PM
Arkansas

Oh great... he thinks to himself. ... they are never going to let me live this down.

The Agent rolled onto his stomach and brought his DMR around to bear, looking for what he was sure would be coming his way. He hoped that staying on the ground would prove to be a harder target for any of the sentries at ground level and would just have to pray that Alaska had managed to take out the ones of the roof.