PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia

Jontom Xire
2006-12-06, 11:45 AM
Playing Werewolf with ever more complex rules gave me this cool idea which I have now fleshed and rounded to make it more polished.

It's a similar basic idea as Werewolf in that everybody belongs to a faction of sorts. It's loosely based on some ideas from the RPG Paranoia, hence the name.

Some people may belong to various factions, but only has true loyalty to one - although if the faction you're loyal to gets killed off then winning as part of the other is an acceptable tactic.

---

The time is the future - a future run by a paranoid computer who thinks that everyone is against it. You are the inhabitants of a housing block. Every day the inhabitants report their suspicions to the computer, voting for the person they think is a traitor, trying to undermine society as part of a secret society. Failure to vote for two days in a row is also treasonous, punishable by death. Once the computer sees enough accusations being made against a person it arranges for that person to be executed by the secret police.

Many/most of the inhabitants belong to one of several secret societies, divided into cells. The goal of a secret society is to seize control by wiping out the secret police (their main enemy) and enough of the other secret societies to get a majority. Members of a secret society only know other members of the same cell, so don't know all the members of the secret society. That person you view with distrust and plan to vote for may be a member of the same secret society as you!

The secret police carry out the computer's instructions. Their aim is to discover and wipe out all members of all secret societies.

The civilians are civilians. Their aim is to stay alive. If all the secret police are dead then there are no executions, but they may get hit by secret societies. If all the secret societies are dead then there is no need for the secret police to execute anyone. Essentially they want one faction to win but don't care which as long as they survive.

Some players are spies. Secret society members who have infiltrated the secret police, or visa versa.

---

To keep it simple, other rules such as secret societies recruiting new members from amongst the civilians, and players being able to change allegiance will be left out until later games.

Moderators/The Computer:

Jontom Xire
Korith

Currently signed up:

Alive:
Alarra
Altharis
Atreyu the Masked Llama
Captain van der Decken
Eldritch Knight
Ink

Under suspicion (failed to submit vote):
weebl

---

Cleansed:
caw
DarkLightDragon
Death, your friend the Reaper
Deckmaster
Lucky
Selrahc
Silkenfist
Tormsskull

Korith
2006-12-06, 01:01 PM
http://hg.missingworlds.com/friendcomputer.jpg

I'm willing to help run such an endeavour.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-06, 01:38 PM
i'll play!

Deckmaster
2006-12-06, 01:42 PM
That first post confused the hell out of me, but I'm willing to try to figure it out.

Weebl
2006-12-06, 01:47 PM
I'll play too.

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-06, 02:57 PM
I think I get it, I'll try.

Tormsskull
2006-12-06, 03:01 PM
That first post confused the hell out of me, but I'm willing to try to figure it out.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe we need some pictures or a diagram to explain this better. I am sure I understand the basics, but to get a real understanding of it we (I at least) need something else.

Either way, worse that can happen is I lose/get killed/whatever. So count me in.

Alarra
2006-12-06, 03:23 PM
*throws her hat into the ring as another extremely confused potential player*

v aww, thanks caw, i appreciate your concern for my safety. :smallwink: :smalltongue:

caw
2006-12-06, 03:24 PM
i'll play. so i can keep an eye on alarra.

Altharis
2006-12-06, 03:28 PM
I'm in! I already know this game by name, but have never played.

I'll help run, even.

Jontom Xire
2006-12-07, 03:41 AM
Thanks, Korith.

As for being confused, don't worry. When the game starts you will be PM'ed with your role and your goals. It will be completely chaotic. Just try to stay alive, and don't worry too much about overall goals. The game is called paranoia for a reason. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone dies in the end. It's just tons of fun.

In the real original RPG all the members of the party basically spend the entire game trying to kill each other. I imagine this game will be much the same. Total bloodbath.

And the more people the better. I could just about run it with the numbers we have, but we really need more. I reckon 22 is a good minimum.

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-07, 03:48 AM
Confusing, but I'll give it a go.

2006-12-07, 03:53 AM
I'll come on to keep my eye on the Giant.

Ink
2006-12-07, 04:12 AM
Not sure I understand the rules entirely, but I'd like to play too.

Jontom Xire
2006-12-07, 08:00 AM
I've modified the first post to simplify matters slightly.

I've also added names.

Altharis
2006-12-07, 08:41 AM
As I said but was overlooked, I'll mod. But if not, I'll play.

Jontom Xire
2006-12-07, 08:49 AM
Hi, Altharis.

Sorry I should have said. Korith volunteered already, so he's modding with me. You're playing, ok?

Jontom Xire
2006-12-08, 03:45 AM
We need at least 15 people and we currently have 11, so get recruiting people! ;)

Silkenfist
2006-12-08, 05:56 AM
I'm in. The Computer is your friend. Still it would be nice if we were not to start before Sunday. I'm away until then. The Computer is your friend. The Computer is your friend.

Lucky
2006-12-08, 07:55 AM
Eh, sure! Count me in.

Jontom Xire
2006-12-09, 09:33 AM
Two more people needed!

Come on, sign up, this is gonna be CRAZY!! (And lots of fun)

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-09, 09:36 AM
What happens if enough people accuse a secret police member? Seeing as they do the executions.

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-09, 09:41 AM
THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND!

*fatal exception has occurred. You will be exterminated.*

:smallbiggrin:

Selrahc
2006-12-09, 04:20 PM
I'll play.

Finally get to be something other than a standard villager.

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-09, 05:09 PM
I'll play.

Finally get to be something other than a standard villager.

Well, not if you're a civilian.

Eldritch Knight
2006-12-09, 10:58 PM
I'm in. With my usual DM being one of the Moderators/computers I'm bound to get some morbid enjoyment out of this... (How did I miss seeing this, anyway?)

Jontom Xire
2006-12-10, 03:06 AM
We now have the bare minimum required. Korith and I will start randomly calculating roles. Or at least working on a way to do it easily since it's a little more complex than Werewolf. Sign up will remain open until I get to work on Monday and possibly a little longer as I am very busy today and will probably be fairly busy at work on Monday, though I should be able to find a spare moment here and there.

To answer your question about what happens if everyone votes for a secret policeman:

Knowing the rules is treason and punishable by death.
Asking about the rules is treason and punishable by death.
Everyone is a suspect. Anyone could be a traitor to The Computer.

Just remember that The Computer makes the laws/rules and it is paranoid and somewhat mad and liable to announce extra executions on a somewhat whimsical basis.

Jontom Xire
2006-12-11, 02:56 PM
All the roles have now been (randomly) assigned. Role PMs will be going out now even though I really have a ton of other things to do. I haven't heard from Korith so I'm having to do all this myself.

caw
2006-12-11, 03:21 PM
...I haven't heard from Korith so I'm having to do all this myself.

execute him! now!

and why is alarra at the top of the list? is she somehow alphabetically superior? hmmmmmmm...

(sorry, just getting ready. or am i?)

Tormsskull
2006-12-11, 03:24 PM
From what I have seen Korith is usually very reliable. If for some reason he doesn't have time for Paranoia or whatnot, I'm happy to drop out as a player and help as a narrator, you'd just have to find a replacement player and explain to me what to do. But, I'm probably getting ahead of myself because Korith will probably pop on shortly and post with a "I'm still here" post :smalltongue:.

Jontom Xire
2006-12-11, 03:54 PM
He's PM'ed me. I'm about halfway through role PMs. Werewolf stuff is slowing me down.

Eldritch Knight
2006-12-11, 06:08 PM
execute him! now!

Believe me, I've tried. He's like that stupid cat. Coming back the next day, acting as if nothings happened... I'll show him.... I'll show him, and the rest of them. None will stop me! None will stop me! <<Drifts off into Evil Overlordish ranting...>>

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-12, 01:52 AM
Sounds like a *very* paranoid computer...

((I'm aware that this is the point of the game))

caw
2006-12-12, 02:02 AM
do you now? hmmmm. you seem to know an awful lot.
* scribbles in notebook *

so when do we start playing? you haven't started without me have you?!? have you?!?!

2006-12-12, 02:15 AM
do you now? hmmmm. you seem to know an awful lot.
* scribbles in notebook *

so when do we start playing? you haven't started without me have you?!? have you?!?!

I think he found it our boys. We did just start this game to try and make you paranoid, (with alarra as bait) but you got us first round. Congrats.

Jontom Xire
2006-12-12, 03:31 AM
Ok, all roles should have been sent by now, but possibly Korith missed one. If you haven't been PMed with your role, let me know and I'll try and do it tonight. Make sure you copy Korith too. In the meantime play as a civilian.

Korith
2006-12-12, 07:38 AM
execute him! now!

and why is alarra at the top of the list? is she somehow alphabetically superior? hmmmmmmm...

(sorry, just getting ready. or am i?)

Your Friend, The Computer has selected the entity "Korith" for temporary quarantine. It is ill advised to seek after him until such time as this quarantine is deemed complete
(( Korith hasn't been feeling very well lately, but it should pass soon ))

From what I have seen Korith is usually very reliable. If for some reason he doesn't have time for Paranoia or whatnot, I'm happy to drop out as a player and help as a narrator, you'd just have to find a replacement player and explain to me what to do. But, I'm probably getting ahead of myself because Korith will probably pop on shortly and post with a "I'm still here" post :smalltongue:.

"I'm still here"

A little sick for the moment, but I'm still here. I should be back to my normal self in a day or two.

Jontom Xire
2006-12-12, 08:51 AM
Ah. I just realised that we need an opening post. Being at work probably isn't the best place for this, but...

============================

You wake up one morning, wash and get dressed and head off to your assigned task-functions within the mega-habitat of Celeria. However when you reach the doors leading out of your habitat block you fidn them closed and not responding. Soon a crowd of citizens builds up around the doors.

Then the voice of The Computer booms out from the many speakers around the habitat block:

Citizens of habitat block 1022735, it has become known to The Computer that there are treasonous enemies of society hiding amongst you. You will be restricted to this habitat block until every last one of them has been identified and dealt with. Every day you must all make known your suspicions and the basis for them to The Computer who will weigh up this information and deal with any residents it considers sufficiently guilty. Failure to provide any and all information you have to The Computer will be considered treasonous behaviour. If all traitors have not been found within an adequate time frame the entire habitat block will be cleansed. You have been informed.

Fear chills your spine as you hear these words, and you glance around at your fellow residents, wondering which of them could be the cause of this terrible event. Rumours persist, treasonous rumours, that on previous such occasions in other habitat blocks no-one got out alive!

2006-12-12, 09:39 AM
((vote every day by the look of it?))

V //c/death/run/tovote.exe

((thanks, will vote tomorrow))

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 10:07 AM
//if you don't, the computer will execute you.

Kyrian
2006-12-12, 10:55 AM
Why not? I'm in. ((Damn...way to let me know earlier... :P ))

Jontom Xire
2006-12-12, 10:57 AM
Are you questioning The Computer?

The Computer will make the judgements it makes. Any disagreement with those judgements is treasonous. Any questioning of those judgements before they have been made or requesting reasons for them after they have been made is treasonous. The penalty for treason is cleansing.

==OOC==

Paranoid muchly?

:)

It'll all depend on whether we get quick rounds or not, but basically every other day voting at least. However, just to keep everyone on their toes I have a feeling that the computer may end up being quite arbitrary at times.

I don't want to put people off by executing everyone for being inactive, but at the same time I do want to keep the death toll up keep you on your toes.

We really need more players, but I guess we may gain a few as we go on through future re-runs.

P.s. I did post previously in Werewolf IV, Kyrian. I'm really sorry you missed it. We could have done with a few more players.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-12, 11:08 AM
(ooooh, I understand now. Okay, this is goign to be fun. My apologies, Mr. xire that I won't be available to really play until tomorrow.)

Alarra
2006-12-12, 11:35 AM
((I don't understand what we're supposed to do. I'm sorry))

2006-12-12, 11:38 AM

((If you just pm your role, and the roles of everyone you know, I can tell you specifically what you are meant to do. Trust me.

EDIT: not being seclusive, anyone else can take me up on this offer either.))

Jontom Xire
2006-12-12, 12:01 PM
Careful, Death!

Ok, shorn of "future-speak", The Computer believes that the habitat block - ie you guys - is harbouring treasonous infiltrators - ie members of secret societies dedicated to overthrowing The Computer. (See first post for more details). Basically it has locked you all in until it is satisfied that all such traitors have been uncovered. You all have to vote for who you think is such a traitor and the person with enough votes gets executed by the computer.

Civilians and secret police want to concentrate on finding such secret society members - similar to villagers and masons in Werewolf. Once they have done this, The Computer will let them out.

Secret society members want to kill all other secret society members from other secret societies and secret police men - similar to the two different wolf tribes in Werewolf IV. They don't care about civilians though. Once this is done they can openly destroy all The Computer's control/surveillance mechanisms and force the doors open, taking control and replacing The Computer as the governing body.

Basically it is a war between Secret Societies and Secret Police with Civilians caught in the middle. If you want any more help/advice, PM me and Korith.

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 12:02 PM

((Basically like werewolf, but more backstabbing, I guess.

Okay, Jontom put it better..))

Alarra
2006-12-12, 12:19 PM
((okay thanks. I think I understand better now. *considers* this is going to take up way too much of my time again, isn't it?))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-12, 12:23 PM
(frankly, given the time that your game of werewolf is taking from poor Jontom, I think this is good payback to you. :smile:)

Alarra
2006-12-12, 12:29 PM
((hey...my game of werewolf is taking a lot of time for me too....have you noticed that i update the first page after -every- new vote?))

caw
2006-12-12, 12:31 PM
((so are you two saying you have a 'relationship' with the computer?
* scribbles in notebook * ))

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 12:36 PM
((Hmmm... maybe Caw is one of the secret police, taking notes like that.))

Tormsskull
2006-12-12, 12:38 PM
((hey...my game of werewolf is taking a lot of time for me too....have you noticed that i update the first page after -every- new vote?))

((Yeah, I did notice that, :P))

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 12:41 PM
((Someone start it off, I can't think of anything :wink: probably be posting in about 40 minutes.))

Korith
2006-12-12, 12:47 PM
The Computer hereby orders that subjects DarkLightDragon and ###ENTITY NOT FOUND### report for temporary suspended animation.

Failure to comply is treason.

Your Friend,
The Computer

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-12, 12:53 PM
*DLD sighs as The Computer goves her this order*

Well, temporary suspended animation is better than getting killed, no? So I'll be reporting now. Cya!

*DLD reports to The Computer*

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 01:34 PM
((Just a thought, wiki's info on Paranoia might be helpful... I don't know how (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia_%28role-playing_game%29)))

caw
2006-12-12, 01:42 PM
caw frowns slightly at the computer's order. he goes over and hugs DLD.

"i'm sure it's just temporary." * whispers *

Silkenfist
2006-12-12, 02:25 PM
((Just a thought, wiki's info on Paranoia might be helpful... I don't know how (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia_%28role-playing_game%29)))

He is spreading propaganda! Does the Computer approve? TREASON!

Eldritch Knight
2006-12-12, 02:39 PM
Ah.. What evidence do you have?

point at Silkenfist and shout TRAITOR!!!

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 02:42 PM
((:wink:That was OOC.))
Captain Decken eyes Caw and DLD, frowning.
"We should be careful," He says, to anyone listening.
"Anyone could be a terrorist."

Silkenfist
2006-12-12, 02:46 PM
EK: Are you blind? He spread information of a doubtful source. Clearly this is an act of treason against the Computer

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 02:49 PM
The Computer controls all media. Therefore, the source of the information is the Computer. You are questioning the Computer. This is treason.

((:mad: My keyboard keeps freezing. I had to copy&paste the last sentence.))

Silkenfist
2006-12-12, 02:58 PM
Your source is a computer controlled by humans. Such a thing is not only an abomination but it is also TREASON!

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 03:00 PM
How can any computer be controlled by humans? The Computer controls all. You are suggesting otherwise, which is treason!

Korith
2006-12-12, 03:03 PM
The Computer controls all media. Therefore, the source of the information is the Computer. You are questioning the Computer. This is treason.

((:mad: My keyboard keeps freezing. I had to copy&paste the last sentence.))

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Friends of The Computer

Your Friend The Computer would now like to provide you with the following form 3739X-2, Accusation of Treason.

To accuse another citizen of treason, please fill out the attached form.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Form 3739X-2: Accusation of Treason
Your Name: _________________
Name of the Accused: _________________
Reason for Accusation: _________________
<Attach other lines as needed>
Evidence backing Accusation: _________________
How you presently feel: (Check all that apply)
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[ ] Other: _______________
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Prior accusations marked in red will be noted. Future accusations will require the use of the proper form.

Your Friend,
The Computer

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 03:22 PM
*Submits a form*
Your Name: Captain van der Decken
Name of the Accused: Silkenfist
Reason for Accusation: Expressing doubt in the Computer's control
Evidence backing Accusation: He says that there are humans in control of computers, and suggested the information supplied by the computer is to be doubted
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[x] Happy
[ ] Insane
[x] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[x] So-so

Silkenfist
2006-12-12, 03:23 PM
Don't confuse the mystery of a human-controlled Computer with an actual human-controlled Computer. If you don't differentiate, you deny the fact that there are secret societies who want to control Our Friend The Computer - which is treason!

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 03:26 PM
You changed your story! You said that there is a human controlled computer, not that there are terrorists who wish to control the computer! Highly suspicous!

Silkenfist
2006-12-12, 03:27 PM
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Your Name: Silkenfist
Name of the Accused: Captain van der Decken
Reason for Accusation: Denying existence of secret societies. Misguiding citizens.
Evidence backing Accusation: He tries to disguise secret societie's evidence as work of the Computer. Also he claims, there would be no plots to unearth the Computer's control.
How you presently feel:
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[x ] Enraged
[x ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 03:33 PM
You accuse me of disguising the existence of terrorist organisations, these secret societies. I never denied their existence, suggesting you are accusing me of treason for reasons other than you suggested, likely anger against me. This is treason! We should be working together to aid the Computer in catching it's enemies.

Silkenfist
2006-12-12, 03:34 PM
So what? Maybe I am paranoid but if there is only a slim possibility for humans to abolish the blissfull reign of The Computer, it is a possibility that deserves to be taken that seriously. Why are you so eager to discard that threat?

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 03:40 PM
*Calms down a little*
I am deadly serious about this danger, although I hardly believe Our Friend The Computer could be so easily deposed by these villanous secret societies.

Silkenfist
2006-12-12, 03:43 PM
*reminds himself that their actual threat are secret societies...

What are we doing, Capt'n. We are accusing each other about being ignorant, when we should work against those who actually bear in mind such horrible deeds. Let's start to bring sense into this one.

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 03:46 PM
Yes. You make a lot of sense. A shame, I expect we can't withdraw our accusations.

Korith
2006-12-12, 03:55 PM
Yes. You make a lot of sense. A shame, I expect we can't withdraw our accusations.

((This will require time to respond to, as it requires the gathering of all system resources - ie, talking to Jontom about it))

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 03:57 PM
((Okay. I don't really want to get him bumped off now :wink:))

Silkenfist
2006-12-12, 04:24 PM
Well at least we contibuted to give the other civilians an idea of what they are dealing with.

Alarra
2006-12-12, 04:45 PM
(wow, y'all talk a lot)

Alarra considers the arguments, wondering why anyone would want to hurt the computer. "Hmm...Caw did just frown at the computers orders. This may indicate a questioning of the computer's wisdom."
Alarra thinks about this.

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 04:56 PM
"Good point..." Captain Decken eyes Caw, frowning.

caw
2006-12-12, 05:08 PM
caw stands a little straighter and faces alarra.

"i frowned because i thought my friend was in trouble. then i realized the glorious computer was protecting her from harm... why do you pretend to know what i was thinking? are you one of those... mutants!?! explain yourself!"

Selrahc
2006-12-12, 05:13 PM
A raised voice shatters the calm created by the almighty computer. Exclamation marks are a sign of treachery.

Alarra
2006-12-12, 05:15 PM
Alarra smiles at Caw. "Don't be silly, I wouldn't suppose to know what you are thinking. No one but the computer would know that. I was just pointing out a possibility, nothing more."

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 05:18 PM
"Ugh, mutants, disgusting things." Visibly shivering, "I hope The Computer wipes them out."

"Caw seemed quick to accuse you instead of him there.."

caw
2006-12-12, 05:29 PM
turns to look at selrahc. "you can see exclamation points? what? am i surrounded by mutants? weren't you here for the argument earlier? are you trying to sheild one of those two? i wonder who you are in league with, captain van der decken or silkenfist?"

turning back to alarra, smiling. "yes, well. talk like that won't help the computer find the real culprits... and you didn't deny my claim."

Alarra
2006-12-12, 05:33 PM
Alarra looks at Caw, "Mutants? I wasn't aware there were mutants. I thought we were looking for people committing treason. Be that as it may, I'm neither."

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-12, 05:41 PM
"In league with me? Are you accusing me of collaborating? And Selrahc, raised voices are inevitable." He takes a deep breath.
"I don't believe there are any mutants in the area.. thank Our Friend The Computer for that.."

Altharis
2006-12-12, 05:50 PM
((I've been away for four gorram days, so can somebody please fill me in by PM?))

2006-12-12, 11:44 PM
Final report in later. Good thing I kept this correction fluid.

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-13, 02:03 AM
*Frowns*
"Didn't I specifically say there are no mutants? Caw brought it up. And what makes disliking mutants treason?"
Name of the Accused: TheReaper
Reason for Accusation: Protecting enemies of the Computer
Evidence backing Accusation: Accusing me of treason for hating mutants
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[x] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[x] Sad
[x] Sick
[ ] So-so

Hey! You just nullified my accusation! :tongue:

Silkenfist
2006-12-13, 05:40 AM
Your Name: Silkenfist
Name of the Accused: The Reaper
Reason for Accusation: Not being happy
Evidence backing Accusation: Accusation form filled out by him
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[x ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[ ] Other:

If you are happy, you won't rebel against The Computer.

Ink
2006-12-13, 05:50 AM
Aha! Monks are supposed to be peaceful and neutral, not happy. That you admitted to feeling happy clearly indicates that you are not what you seem.

----------------------------------------------------------
Your Name: Ink
Reason for Accusation: Expressing suspicious feelings of "happiness"
Evidence backing Accusation: Accusation form
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[x] Other: Paranoid

2006-12-13, 07:47 AM
Well, I didn't want to just write what Silkenfest said but as such, but since he seems to wish to attack due to happiness his arguement has gone down a tad...

[hr]

Your Name: The Reaper
Reason for Accusation: Only being happy now there is treasonous enemies of society in the building.
Evidence backing Accusation: The Computer made sure we were happy before, now we have treason there is no time for happiness.
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[X] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[] Other_____

[hr]

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-13, 10:16 AM
Captain Decken stares, blankly.
".. Happiness...? Are you people insane? There are terrorists on the loose, and you're accusing people because of their feelings!" *sighs*

caw
2006-12-13, 11:14 AM
"but it was eldritch knight who made the first accusation. now he seems to have faded into the background. is he trying to cover-up his activities?"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Your Name: ______caw________
Name of the Accused: ___eldritch knight__
Reason for Accusation: _made first accusation without proof._
Evidence backing Accusation: _pointed at silkenfist and accused
him, everyone here saw him.________________
[x] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[x] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-13, 11:27 AM
"All I saw was Eldrich Knight accusing Silkenfist for having too little evidence to accuse me in the first place."

Silkenfist
2006-12-13, 11:41 AM
Death, Ink: Why would I be unhappy? I know that the Computer will protect me in the end. Your sorrow is based solely on the fact that you don't trust the Computer. Don't you trust your friends?

Selrahc
2006-12-13, 11:42 AM
Your Name: Selrahc
Reason for Accusation: Undue emotional expression
Evidence backing Accusation: Accusation form
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[x] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[x] Other: Loyal to our friend, the computer.

Silkenfist has commited the high treason of undue emotion. He must be handed over to our friend the computer for imediate termination.

Perhaps he will be reintegrated productively into society....

As soylent green.

((Its just a gut vote really. At this stage we don't have too much to go on. Silkenfist seems a little suspicious.))

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-13, 11:45 AM
"Death. He has shown he has been happy the whole way through, and has never shown he was not happy before we knew of traitors. You are inventing evidence!"

Weebl
2006-12-13, 11:50 AM
Your Name: Weebl
Reason for Accusation: Rebelion in the habbitat block and he feels happy!
Evidence backing Accusation: The Acussiation form filled out by Silkenfist
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[x] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[X] Insane
[X] Mad
[X] Neutral
[x] Sad
[x] Sick
[x] So-so
[ ] Other_____

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-13, 12:19 PM
((

[X] Insane
:tongue:))

Altharis
2006-12-13, 12:59 PM
((guys, I think in paranoia you are meant to PM accusations to disguise who you're accusing.))

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-13, 01:01 PM
((That makes sense, but it's interesting enough this way, I suppose))

Jontom Xire
2006-12-13, 02:16 PM
No no, keep it all IC - it's more fun that way :)

Eldritch Knight
2006-12-13, 02:57 PM
Your Name: Eldritch Knight
Name of the Accused: Silkenfist_______
Reason for Accusation: Disturbing Peace, Unjust Accusations of fellow citizens. Failure to site evidence
Evidence backing Accusation: Subject has continually accused other citizens, without proper evidence. Further more, personal hygiene is below computer's established standards.__
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[x] Happy
[] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[x] Other: Concerned_

caw
2006-12-13, 03:58 PM
"so, ink is feeling paranoid. only the guilty would feel paranoid. plus he is also against feeling happy. how dare he oppose the computer. the computer is our friend. i feel happy when i'm helping the computer find the terrorists."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Your Name: caw
Name of the Accused: ink
Reason for Accusation: he's against feeling happy and for being paranoid
Evidence backing Accusation: the accusation form he filed.
[x] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[x] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-13, 04:25 PM
((When does each day end, by the way?))

Alarra
2006-12-13, 04:59 PM
"It would be insane, not to mention wrong to try to attack our friend, the powerful, all-knowing computer. Weebl has admitted to being insane."

Your Name: __Alarra_______________
Name of the Accused: ___Weebl______________
Reason for Accusation: __admitted insanity_______________
Evidence backing Accusation: _previously submitted accusation form___
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[X] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so

Ink
2006-12-13, 07:24 PM
((Oh hey, are we allowed to make multiple accusations, or does one cancel out the previous?))

Jontom Xire
2006-12-14, 03:20 AM
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Friends of The Computer

Your Friend The Computer would like to inform you that not knowing the law (rules) is treason. Asking what the law is indicates that you do not know the law. The Computer is watching you...Ink.

Korith
2006-12-14, 07:42 AM
Two cylindrical robots with thin mechanical arms drag a cryo-sleep capsule in front of DarkLightDragon's quarters. After pressing a few buttons, DarkLightDragon awakens inside the (unlocked) capsule, unharmed.

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-14, 09:51 AM
The Computer is watching you...Ink. ((I find this funny for some reason :smallbiggrin: ))

Ink
2006-12-14, 11:50 AM
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Friends of The Computer

Your Friend The Computer would like to inform you that not knowing the law (rules) is treason. Asking what the law is indicates that you do not know the law. The Computer is watching you...Ink.

((Bah, 'twas merely an OOC question Jontom, you didn't have to go all Computer on me.))

Uhh.. I mean.. of course I know what the law is! The only reason I asked that question was so that others might admit to not knowing it, and thus be proven that they are not friends of The Computer. But I, as a friend of The Computer, definitely do know and uphold the laws at all times, yessirree indeed. I am glad that The Computer is watching me, that way it'll be shown that I am a true friend and unflaggingly loyal to The Computer. Off I go now to hunt down the villainous scoundrels that wish to bring about the destruction of Our Beloved Friend The Computer!

Jontom Xire
2006-12-15, 09:00 AM
The Computer's voice echoes around the habitat block. "Silkenfist, you have been selected by your co-habitants as the most likely candidate to be a traitor to society. Please report to the main door for interrogation and re-education."

The main door opens and two cylindrical robots with thin metal arms step inside.

The chosen habitant stands up saying "Subject reporting to the Computer" and walks towards the robots carelessly. The robots grab him by the arms and he goes limp. They then drag him through the doors which close behind him with an ominous whirr.

A few hours later The Computer's voice again echoes through the habitat. "Citizen Silkenfist has confessed under interrogation to being a member of the 4th Degree secret society and has been cleansed. Well done citizens! However he also revealed that there are still more of these insidious individuals in your habitat block. Curfew starts in half an hour. Prepare for sleep."

2006-12-15, 09:13 AM
*Death pays homage to the computer before looking suspiciously at the Captain who had attempted to prevent the course of justice on the 4th degree member. He then retires to his sleep capsule and logs off ((is that the equivalent of sleeping?)).*

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-15, 10:44 AM
Captain Decken glares back at Death, pays his respects to The Computer, then hurries off to his quarters.

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-15, 10:53 AM
*DLD is already in her quarters, trying to think about what to do. She eventually decides to leave it for the night and goes to sleep*

Jontom Xire
2006-12-16, 03:47 AM
//OOC The whole curfew thing was just to indicate end of day and I can't be arsed to write a whole TC wakey wakey post, so feel free to wake up and start pointing as soon as you like.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-16, 10:38 AM
A cybernetic llama trots up and drops off his form at the proper spot before seeking head scratches from those standing around.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your Name:Subject 38AD-3UN-5_Aka subject llama
Name of the Accused: Caw
Reason for Accusation: Attempting to incite a riot
Evidence backing Accusation: Promoting belief in mutants
merely to spread panic.
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[X] Other: Seeking head scratches

Selrahc
2006-12-16, 10:42 AM
I think that he Captain is actually the more suspicious today.

His overly vigorous defence of a heretic yesterday seems rather fishy.

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-16, 10:56 AM
*Idly scratches the Llama's head*

"Overly vigorous? Hardly. I just pointed out the flaws in Death's accusations.

If you remember, I was persuaded by his lies. I may have been a little too trusting, but Silkenfist was clearly a master of deception.

I don't trust the mutant lover. Mutants are enemies of The Computer."

2006-12-16, 10:09 PM
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Your Name: ___The Reaper____
Name of the Accused: ______Captain van der Decken (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=2726)___________
Reason for Accusation: Prevention of Justice

Evidence backing Accusation: States that he could be "swayed by lies".
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[X] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Ink
2006-12-17, 02:24 AM
The llama makes a valid point. caw seems to be trying to cause panic.

-----------------------------------------------
Name of the Accused: caw
Reason for Accusation: Spreading fear and paranoia
Evidence backing Accusation: Spreading rumours and yelling about mutants
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[x] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[x] Other: Hungry

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-17, 05:27 AM
Name of the Accused: TheReaper
Reason for Accusation: Protecting enemies of the Computer
Evidence backing Accusation: Accusing me of treason for hating mutants
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[x] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[x] Sad
[x] Sick
[ ] So-so

My accusation still stands.

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-17, 07:10 AM
Your Name: DarkLightDragon
Name of the Accused: Death, your friend the Reaper
Reason for Accusation: Accusing others for prevention of justice merely for having an opinion
Evidence backing Accusation: Death's accusation form
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[x] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[x] Other: Like eating a carrot

caw
2006-12-17, 02:44 PM
caw confronts his accusers. "i've done nothing wrong. all i've done is try to help the computer find the traitors. some in this living unit don't even seem concerned by these events. why don't they speak out?

"as to those that have spoken, i've heard death change his story several times. i believe he is deliberately trying to confuse things."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Your Name: caw
Name of the Accused: death, your friend the reaper
Reason for Accusation: unreasoned accusations, then withdrawal of said accusations causing chaos and disrupting harmony
Evidence backing Accusation: his actions just yesterday, he is definitely acting erratic
[x] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[x] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

2006-12-17, 07:37 PM
The first day I was new to the block and didn't know who to point at, but I pointed at a terrorist (which he has been proven to be), the second day I will point to one who accuses for the only thing we are useful to the computer for.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Name of the Accused: ______Caw__________
Reason for Accusation: accusation against one for utilizing mind.

Evidence backing Accusation: Feels that since one changes story they must be tratorious
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[X] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Selrahc
2006-12-18, 08:00 AM
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Your Name: ___Selrahc____
Name of the Accused: ______Caw__________
Reason for Accusation: Creating imaginary threats to distract from true menace, hysteria, lack of faith on the computer
Evidence backing Accusation: Comments by Caw
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[X] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[ ] Other:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

We have two bandwagons forming. I see the evidence for the accusation of Caw more compelling.

Captain van der Decken is still the most suspicious to me... but I may as well vote for someone likely to be "re-educated"

2006-12-18, 08:38 AM
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Name of the Accused: ______Captain van der Decken (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=2726)___________
Reason for Accusation: Prevention of Justice

Evidence backing Accusation: States that he could be "swayed by lies".
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[X] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I reinstate this one as my final. I see I may get the most forms of accusations, and my accusation on Caw was to save my own skin. As such I wish to make my statement known by voting for the Captain.

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-18, 09:17 AM
Name of the Accused: Captain van ver Decken
Reason for Accusation: Defending a traitor of The Computer
Evidence backing Accusation: previous comments
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[x] Other: Confused

Altharis
2006-12-18, 10:29 AM
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Your Name: ____Altharis_____
Name of the Accused: ___The Reaper____
Reason for Accusation: Accusing citizens just to save his own skin
Evidence backing Accusation: His statements.
[X] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[X] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[X] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-18, 10:32 PM
Name of the Accused: Ink
Reason for Accusation: Acting paranoid and accusing others of spreading it
Evidence backing Accusation: accusation form
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[x] Other: Confused

Selrahc
2006-12-19, 04:09 AM
Your Name: Selrahc
Name of the Accused: Captain van ver Decken
Reason for Accusation: Defending a traitor of The Computer
Evidence backing Accusation: previous comments
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[x] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[ ] Other:

I may have a chance of getting the guy I want "reeducated" dealt with. So I may as well send an accusation form.

Jontom Xire
2006-12-19, 07:15 AM
//OOC How am I supposed to co-ordinate execution descriptions? I have already drawn a deadline and sent requests for responses. I'm still waiting for three, but I think I'll only give them another hour or so. Voting is over.

It might be a good idea if you all PM me a response to the computer demanding you turn up to be arrested and then I can automatically generate the appropriate post based on whoever is due to be arrested.

I think I need more practice (and help) at this.

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-19, 07:18 AM
((I'd help with writing descriptions if I wasn't playing...))

Jontom Xire
2006-12-19, 07:59 AM
It's more writing up player's responses. I.e. do you try and run? Attack the robots? I figured players would want to write up their own arrests the same way as they do their own death scenes in Werewolf (apparently - I never have).

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-19, 08:42 AM
(standard operating procedure is to send them a PM saying "hey, wanna write your own scene?" if you don't get a response, then you simply write whatever comes to mind.)

Jontom Xire
2006-12-19, 11:20 AM
The Computer's voice echoes around the habitat block. "Caw, you have been selected by your co-habitants as the most likely candidate to be a traitor to society. Please report to the main door for interrogation and re-education. Deckmaster, Lucky, and Tormsskull, you are hereby found guilty of treason for failing to complete your civic duty in uncovering the traitors in this habitat block. Please report to the main door for interrogation and re-education."

The main door opens and eight cylindrical robots with thin metal arms step inside.

Tormsskull walks calmly to the main door where two of the robots grab him by the arms and escort him through the door. Caw, Deckmaster, and Lucky seem frozen to the spot in panic. The other six robots advance and, grabbing them by the arms, drag them forcefully through the door, their feet making a scraping noise as they drag across the floor. The main door then closes with an ominous whirr.

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-19, 11:44 AM
*DLD watches quietly as the robots take the others away*

Jontom Xire
2006-12-19, 02:52 PM
The Computer's voice echoes around the habitat block.

Citizen Caw has confessed under questioning to being a member of the "4th Degree" secret society and has been cleansed.

Citizens Deckmaster and Tormsskull have confessed under questioning to being members of the "Blue Serpent" secret society and have been cleansed.

Citizen Lucky has confessed under questioning to have been a member of both the "4th Degree" and "Blue Serpent" secret societies and has been cleansed.

Congratulations citizens. Many treasonous members of society have been rooted out and eradicated. You should be proud of yourselves. Curfew starts in half an hour. Prepare for sleep.

Selrahc
2006-12-19, 03:11 PM
Do you think thats all of them? Maybe we've won the game already(In record time):smallbiggrin:

Ink
2006-12-19, 11:05 PM
Huzzah! Good riddance of bad citizens. Huzzah for The Computer! I shall sleep easier tonight.

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-20, 01:24 AM
Someone belonging to two societies? How is that?

*DLD goes to her quarters and puzzles over the question until she falls asleep*

Jontom Xire
2006-12-21, 03:26 AM
Bump. Day start, start whenever you like, don't wait for me.

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-21, 12:04 PM
You seem pretty ready to ignore all my arguments Selrahc.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Name of the Accused: Selrahc
Reason for Accusation: Attempting to mislead the Computer
Evidence backing Accusation: Admitted to accusing me of treason because he wants me removed.
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[x] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-22, 12:16 AM
Selrahc is clearly a threat to The Computer!

Reason for Accusation: Attempting to mislead The Computer
Evidence backing Accusation: Admittance of accusations in an attempt to remove someone without adequate evidence
How you presently feel:
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[x] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-22, 12:18 AM
*The cybernetic llama doesn't want to bandwagon, but he's not quite sure who else might be a traitor to the computer. He examines the evidence and vows to vote tomorrow to help keep the peace.*

Alarra
2006-12-22, 12:26 AM
Alarra considers the evidence carefully.

Your Name: Alarra
Reason for Accusation: Attempting to mislead The Computer
Evidence backing Accusation: Not having evidence for making accusations
How you presently feel:
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[X] Other: Tired __________ __________________

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-22, 03:36 PM
//I'm gonna be away for about four days. This is going fairly slowly, but still...

Jontom Xire
2006-12-28, 02:25 PM
Due to Christmas and the fact that no one is posting, day end will be delayed.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-28, 05:03 PM
A cybernetic llama trots up and drops off his form at the proper spot before seeking head scratches from those standing around.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reason for Accusation: He's randomly accusing people without reason
Evidence backing Accusation: His attempts to have people investigated without evidence
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[X] Other: Seeking head scratches[/quote]

Captain van der Decken
2006-12-28, 05:20 PM
//:eek:I was away for almost 5 days, and no replies. I guess it'd be slower over Christmas.

Ink
2006-12-29, 01:15 AM
Your Name:Ink
Reason for Accusation: Working against The Computer by targeting loyal citizens and friends of The Computer
Evidence backing Accusation: He has made baseless accusations, without reason. Clearly he has some secret underlying motive.
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[x] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[x] So-so
[ ] Other:

Alarra
2006-12-29, 01:34 AM
Alarra scratches the llama's head.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-30, 12:40 AM
*The llama hums happily and his circuitry blinks green for happy as he waits for the computer to take away the traitor.*

Jontom Xire
2006-12-30, 05:34 AM
The Computer's voice echoes aroun the habitat block:

Citizens, the following citizens have not yet spoken and there are only a few hours until curfew. Those who have not yet submitted their suspicions to me are:

Altharis
Death
Eldritch Knight
Selrach
Weebl

If they do not submit their suspicions either today or tomorrow they will be arrested as traitors to society. You have been warned!

2006-12-30, 05:39 AM
Name of the Accused: Altharis
Reason for Accusation: Being a silent voter
Evidence backing Accusation: Dosen't vote each day.
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[x] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[ ] Other:

EDIT:
Form 08524z-7: Forum to change name

From TheReaper to Ink
Reason: The first form was wrong.
Evidence: The above, and Alarra pointing it out.
How do you feel:
[x]Embarrassed

Ink
2006-12-30, 11:18 AM
Form 5549Q-E1: Accusation of Fraud

Name of the Accused: The Reaper
Reason for Accusation: Identity Theft
Evidence backing Accusation: The use of my name on accusation form submitted by him
[x] Outraged
[x] Annoyed
[x] Fully deserving of compensation from the accused

Jontom Xire
2006-12-30, 02:47 PM
The Computer's voice echoes around the habitat block. "Selrahc, you have been selected by your co-habitants as the most likely candidate to be a traitor to society. Please report to the main door for interrogation and re-education. Death, you have been identified as a member of a secret society. Please report to the main door for interrogation and re-education. All other citizens, curfew begins in five minutes. Please return to your sleeping quarters and prepare for sleep."

The main door opens and four cylindrical robots with thin metal arms step inside.

//OOC: Ok, can the identified arrestees please PM me their responses as soon as possible. Also, as the numbers rapidly dwindle, once a secret society thinks they have enough members to make a coup, can they PM me a list of all members attempting to join the coup.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-12-30, 11:21 PM
(Jontom, would it be possible to get a list of those living still and those who were members of a secret society? Please?)

Krursk
2006-12-31, 12:05 AM
Alive
Alarra
Altharis
Atreyu the Masked Llama
Captain van der Decken
DarkLightDragon
Eldritch Knight
Ink
weebl
Dead
Caw (member of 4th Degree)
Deckmaster (member of Blue Serpent)
Lucky (member of both 4th Degree and Blue Serpent)
Silkenfist (member of 4th Degree)
Tormsskull (member of Blue Serpent
To be arrested
Selrahc

And the cyberLlama said "let there be list", and a random mook observer made the list and The Computer subsequently had him eviscerated for trespass

Jontom Xire
2006-12-31, 09:22 AM
(Jontom, would it be possible to get a list of those living still and those who were members of a secret society? Please?)

Actually I made such a list for that exact purpose but got side-tracked by counting votes.

---

Selrahc breaks down. "no no, you've made a mistake", he pleads as two of the robots grab him by the arms and drag him out of the main door. Death's response is to approach the robots with a dignified air, which is shattered as he tries a surprise attack on the robots followed by a dash for the open door. The robots are impervious to his fists and their hands grab him firmly before he can escape, and he to is removed from the habitat block.

The following morning, after reveille is sounded, The Computer's voice echoes through the habitat block once again.

Citizens. After questioning, Selrahc and Death confessed to being the remaining two leaders of the "Blue Serpent" secret society and that Deckmaster had been the third in command.

Don't forget, Altharis, Eldritch Knight, and Weebl, I shall expecting you to submit your suspicions today or you will be required to attend questioning! You have been warned.

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-31, 10:04 AM
((happy New Year Australia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))

Sketch
2006-12-31, 10:06 AM
//OOC: I take it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to late to consider joining now?

Krursk
2006-12-31, 10:06 AM
Yeah, we get 2007 before all those other people *hoards 2007*

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-31, 10:21 AM
Yeah, we get 2007 before all those other people *hoards 2007* :smallbiggrin:

I'd be doing it in all caps if it would let me!

:smallbiggrin:

Selrahc
2006-12-31, 03:47 PM
Um.... So I'm about to be dead.

Curse my Christmas absence.(I got to have a nice look at the actual paranoia game though. It looks cool, like a sort of random crazy slice of mayhem, wrapped up in lethality.... and of course, paranoia. Gave me a mega city one feel.)

Jontom Xire
2007-01-01, 04:50 AM
//OOC: I take it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to late to consider joining now?

Just a little, but if I get enough positive feedback I'll run another, and with the experience of this game it should be much better.

If I had more time I'd write a PHP website to run it for me :P

However I already have plans to write websites to play Perudo and to cross-reference the contents of my drinks cabinet with a cocktail recipe book to produce cocktail menus. I'm also working on my website for the Andromeda Galaxy RPG I'm running. As well as having a very full life which is consumed by work and Werewolf.

===

Btw, "reveille" is a fancy name for the morning wake up call. I.e. get posting guys!

Jontom Xire
2007-01-03, 03:57 AM
The Computer's voice echoes throughout the habitation block.

DarkLightDragon, please report to the main entrance immediately.

The main entrance opens and two robots with thin metal arms step inside.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-03, 07:26 AM
*The llama stands around looking worried for DLD*

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-04, 01:16 AM
DLD is sitting down against a wall and appears to be scratching her back, even though she is wearing armour, when the robots come in. She scratches for a few more seconds then gets up. Why me? DLD wonders as she slowly approaches the robots with her wings spead out. What's going on? DLD also has her arms slightly bent, and anyone behind her as she walks past notices that the straps holding her sword to her back have been loosened so she can draw it quickly if need be. Her backscratching wasn't backscratching at all! She was actually fiddling with her sword straps!

DLD cautiously moves toward the robots. She pauses just over a few feet away from them. Her wings are still spread out and her arms are still slightly bent. However, she seems willing enough to leave with the robots if they don't attempt to grab her. Although DLD is willing to leave with the robots, she clearly doesn't want to. She takes another step toward the robots, then pauses again. Her stance hasn't changed. A look of confusion and fear shows up in her eyes. DLD hesitates again before taking a second step. One more and she'll be standing directly between the robots. But she hasn't taken that last step yet...

Jontom Xire
2007-01-04, 02:55 AM
Faster than your eye can follow the robots arms shoot out and grab DLD. She goes limp and the robots drag DarkLightDragon through the main exit which closes with a whirr behind them.

===OOC===

Come on guys, let's have some voting!

Ink
2007-01-04, 03:09 AM
Reason for Accusation: Not performing civic duty
Evidence backing Accusation: He has not submitted names of potential threats to The Computer. This shows he is not committed towards helping The Computer eradicate the menace in society.
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[x] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[ ] Other:

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-04, 09:59 AM
Your Name:Eldritch Knight
Name of the Accused: Allara
Reason for Accusation:Attempting to undermine the functionality of this society by accusing the innocent.
Evidence backing Accusation: Has continually submitted accusations that result in conviction of the innocent.
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[X] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[ ] Other:

Alarra
2007-01-04, 10:10 AM
Alarra looks confused. "But everyone I've accused has been a traitor, and we haven't convicted anyone innocent yet." Maybe he's siding with one of the societies and therefor considering them innocents.

Your Name:Alarra
Name of the Accused: Eldritch Knight
Reason for Accusation:Referring to traitors and members of secret societies as innocents.
Evidence backing Accusation: Above accusation form.
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[X] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[X] Other:confused

Jontom Xire
2007-01-04, 02:02 PM

DarkLightDragon has been questioned and has been found guilty of treason by reason of being a member of the "4th Degree" secret society. She has been cleansed.

Altharis
2007-01-04, 08:28 PM
Your Name:Altharis
Name of the Accused: Ink
Reason for Accusation: Using confusing logic.
Evidence backing Accusation: He has obviously not realized that the best way we can help the computer is to stay calm and not get distracted by the treasonous arguments of the secret society members, that logic, which is intended to confuse innocent civilians, is treasonous.
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[x] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[X] Other:Walrus-Like.

Alarra
2007-01-04, 08:36 PM
Alarra wonders why people continually fill out their accusation forms as Ink. Maybe they get confused and think the line is asking what they filled it out in, and they used a pen. But no, they use computers. Alarra continues to be confused.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-05, 02:27 AM
//OOC We currently have a 4 way tie on voting and three people left to vote.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-05, 02:32 AM
((Bwahaha... LONG LIVE 4th DEGREE!))

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-05, 03:06 AM
Your Name:Captain Decken
Reason for Accusation: Inventing evidence, calling The Computer confusing.
Evidence backing Accusation: Accusing Ink of confusing logic, which is also The Computer's own logic. It was specifically stated not providing information is treason.
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[x] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[ ] Other:

Sir_Faust
2007-01-05, 01:35 PM
lol:smallbiggrin:

Jontom Xire
2007-01-06, 05:02 AM

The citizens have selected Altharis as most suspicious. Altharis, please report to the main entrance for questioning. Captain Van Der Decken, you have been identified as a member of a secret society, please report to the main entrance immediately. Weebl, you have failed to make your suspicions known for two days in a row. This is treasonous. Please report to the main entrance immediately. Atreyu, please ensure you report your suspicions tomorrow.

All other citizens. Curfew begins in ten minutes. Return to your quarters and prepare for sleep.

The main entrance opens and six robots with thin metal arms step inside.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-06, 05:19 AM
((All I can say is...

...Nothing!

Stupid game mechanics :smallconfused: ))

Jontom Xire
2007-01-07, 11:28 AM
Smeg. I'm so sorry guys. I got tied down in travelling to Israel and forgot I needed to do a morning post. Plus I don't have my game notes so it'll all be from memory from now on. Also can we just assume the suspects all got dragged away in some form or other, please.

===

The following morning The Computer's voice echoes around the habitation block.

The suspects arrested yesterday have been questioned and were all members of one secret society or the other...or both. They have been cleansed. Please submit your suspicions promptly today.

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-07, 11:51 AM
Ahem. Game Over - Secret Police Win. I know for a fact that the other three players left are likely the members of the secret police, and I petiton for membership, as I have played my part and eliminated all traitors to the computer. 4 of us left, no secret police discovered, and I'm not one of them.... Good Game. Need more players next time.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-07, 11:54 AM
Ahem. Game Over - Secret Police Win. I know for a fact that the other three players left are likely the members of the secret police, and I petiton for membership, as I have played my part and eliminated all traitors to the computer. 4 of us left, no secret police discovered, and I'm not one of them.... Good Game. Need more players next time. ((I know the identity of one of the secret police...

...was I allowed to say that?))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-07, 12:09 PM
Name of the Accused: EK
Reason for Accusation: Odd grammar meant to confuse and mislead and being a member of a secret society
Evidence backing Accusation: Fellow SP members have infiltrated his society and saw him present
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[X] Other: Seeking head scratches

(not sure if the game is over or not, however, I don't want to be questioned for not helping the computer.)

(this was fun, I hope to devote more time to it next game as I was very distractd during Nov and Dec.)

Ink
2007-01-08, 10:01 AM
*scratches the llama's head*

Your Name: Agent #239SE7, Ink
Reason for Accusation: Conducting covert activities in attempt to overthrow The Computer.
Evidence backing Accusation: An SP undercover sting operation into the secret societies has identified EK as a high-ranking member of one.
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[x] Other: Glad to be rid of the secret societies, hopeful life will get better.

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-08, 10:38 AM
*scratches the llama's head*

Your Name: Agent #239SE7, Ink
Reason for Accusation: Conducting covert activities in attempt to overthrow The Computer.
Evidence backing Accusation: An SP undercover sting operation into the secret societies has identified EK as a high-ranking member of one.
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[x] Other: Glad to be rid of the secret societies, hopeful life will get better.

Conducting Covert activities you say? Hardly. Don't they teach you about spys in your SP classes? I know that you, Atreyu and Alarra are the Secret Police, and you seem to suspect that I mean you harm. I don't. I just want to live in peace.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-08, 01:55 PM
Ok, then game over.

Unfortunately my notes are at home, but suffice it to say that the game started with one member of the secret police and two members of secret societies spying on it, and if those last two hadn't turned traitor on their secret societies, who knows what would have happened.

Ink, why didn't you report ANYONE in the game? I sent you a PM explicitly stating that as a secret policeman you'ld get to make an extra report, but you still didn't. You knew 4 members of secret societies, and their positions in it, but you did nothing? The game would have been over much much quicker if you had.

Lastly I'd like to say thankyou to you all for playing. I had tons of giggles watching you all vote for members of your own secret society.

Is anyone desperately interested in knowing all the roles in which case we require Korith to appear because I don't get back to my notes until the 18th.

Lastly does anyone want another game? I see that Werewolf V has so many players the list doesn't fit on a single page. With that many we could really have fun. If you all help recruit we could have so many secret societies it would be much more fun. I'd need more regular assistance with vote counting and announcements and think I've almost come up with a format for them in that arrests happen just before curfew signalling the end of voting and the interrogation announcements happen along with the wake-up call indicating the start of the day. We could also move secret police arrests to the night. Both the request and the actual arrest (as in they vanish silently during the night).

If we do play another one I want you all to PM me with any questions/concerns/complaints about the role PMs and how they might be improved. I know some of you didn't understand them very well.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-08, 02:04 PM
I thought that was pretty good, definitely do it again. Leave several days for recruiting maybe, then you'd get more.

Were there actually any plain civilians?

Selrahc
2007-01-08, 02:45 PM
I'd definitely play again.

Korith
2007-01-08, 03:21 PM
Fizoom!

I've always been here. Anyone who says different is a traitor (Okay, haven't been very active, but our division of the tasks was rather...imprecise)

{table]Name|Group|Position|Spy Assignment 1|Spy Position 1|Spy Assignment 2|Spy Position 2
Alarra|4th Degree|Cell A Member|Secret Police|N/A||
Altharis|4th Degree|3rd in command||||
Atreyu the Masked Llama|Blue Serpent|Cell A Member|Secret Police|N/A||
Captain van der Decken|Blue Serpent|Cell B Member|4th Degree|Cell A Member||
caw|4th Degree|2nd in command||||
DarkLightDragon|4th Degree|Call A Leader||||
Death, your friend the Reaper|Blue Serpent|Leader||||
Deckmaster|Blue Serpent|3rd in command||||
Eldritch Knight|Blue Serpent|Cell B Leader||||
Ink|Secret Police|N/A|Blue Serpent|Cell B Member|4th Degree|Cell B Member
Lucky|4th Degree|Cell B Member|Blue Serpent|Cell A Member||
Selrahc|Blue Serpent|2nd in command||||
Silkenfist|4th Degree|Leader||||
Tormsskull|Blue Serpent|Cell A Member||||
weebl|4th Degree|Cell B Member||||[/table]

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-08, 03:27 PM
I knew it! Everybody's a traitor. Except Ink.

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-08, 04:09 PM
OR me, actually. I never accused anyone who wasn't hostile towards me.

Selrahc
2007-01-08, 04:30 PM
I was second in command of the Blue Serpents.... But the only person I knew was Death.

Deckmaster and Tormsskull both died due to inactivity, so immediately after the game started, the higher echelons of the blue serpents were completely cut off. :roy:

Next time we need to recruit better minions.:xykon:

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-08, 04:42 PM
OR me, actually. I never accused anyone who wasn't hostile towards me.

Uhh.. Blue Serpents..

Belonging probably counts. :wink:

Ink
2007-01-08, 05:25 PM
Wait, so basically everyone was in a secret society? Is there no one at all loyal to The Computer? What an age we live in.

Ink, why didn't you report ANYONE in the game? I sent you a PM explicitly stating that as a secret policeman you'ld get to make an extra report, but you still didn't. You knew 4 members of secret societies, and their positions in it, but you did nothing? The game would have been over much much quicker if you had.

Honestly? I kinda wanted the secret societies to win in the end and overthrow The Computer. I didn't know that I was the only actual secret policeman. Come to think of it, there were four of us left at the end and Atreyu, Eldritch Knight, and myself are members of Blue Serpent so we could still have taken over and staged a coup.

So do we get a fancy ending?

Tormsskull
2007-01-08, 08:14 PM
I was second in command of the Blue Serpents.... But the only person I knew was Death.

Deckmaster and Tormsskull both died due to inactivity, so immediately after the game started, the higher echelons of the blue serpents were completely cut off. :roy:

Next time we need to recruit better minions.:xykon:

I was so confused I had no idea what was going on. When I reported to the computer I thought it was going to be for a slap on the wrist type deal. I didn't know I was going to be cleansed or I'd have tried to run or something :smalltongue:.

Anyhow, good luck on your next game guys.

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-08, 08:33 PM
Wait, so basically everyone was in a secret society? Is there no one at all loyal to The Computer? What an age we live in.

Honestly? I kinda wanted the secret societies to win in the end and overthrow The Computer. I didn't know that I was the only actual secret policeman. Come to think of it, there were four of us left at the end and Atreyu, Eldritch Knight, and myself are members of Blue Serpent so we could still have taken over and staged a coup.

I like that idea! Let's do it!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-08, 09:18 PM
I'd happily play a second time.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-09, 01:42 AM
Nice work, Captain Decken. Got me thinking you were one of our own. But the time where I decided to temporarily betray you was actually meant to mess with Death and try to get him on my side. I was still aware that he could turn out to be an enemy, which he did, but it was useful having someone to back up my votes. I really should have let you die like I was going to before you sent that pm... :smalltongue:

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-09, 02:08 AM
That scared me actually. I thought you were on to me.

I thought it was pretty funny when we ended up voting for our own society members.
As far as I can remember, I arranged Selrahc's death..

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-09, 02:29 AM
Holding people hostage is fun!

Jontom Xire
2007-01-10, 01:26 AM

Oh that is classic. The only true secret policeman wants to overthrow The Computer while the two spies want to join the secret police for real. Maybe I was a bit hasty ending it.

As for neat ending messages, I shouldn't even be on the internet right now. Maybe korith can do one.

Korith
2007-01-10, 08:49 AM
A great banner is unraveled over the massive seeing eye of the computer. As the robots storm in to investigate this treason, wave after wave of EMP rifles are unloaded on the swarming bots as the image of the blue serpent comes into view. As the Eldritch Knight stands to declare this his greatest triumph, three red lasers cut through his body from evenly spaced angles. He crumbles to the ground without so much as a squirt of blood, so quickly did the beams cauterize their wounds. The banner is torn down, and the corpse presented before the computer.

Well done, loyal citizens! For your hard work in rooting out the traitors of society, you each receive a promotion to Orange-level security clearance. In addition, you may each take one of these personal care baskets with you to your new, private quarters!

Personal Care Basket Contents:

-1 Orange towel, clean and soft
-1 Orange bar of soap
-1 Bottle of orange hand soap
-1 Orange
-1 Box of orange juice
-1 Orange I.D. card

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-10, 08:52 AM
((Dang... I love oranges and orange juice!))

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 12:41 PM
((Dang. Poor luck, boss.))

Ink
2007-01-10, 07:12 PM
Huzzah! Orange soap! In your face, secret societies!

Altharis
2007-01-10, 10:48 PM
I didn't get what exactly secret societies could do apart from being secret. I mean in werewolf, the werewolves get to eat people. Let's have some mutants!

Jontom Xire
2007-01-11, 02:13 AM
Umm, they can co-ordinate votes using their secret society connections to gang up on enemies of the secret society and win the game? I mean that was the point of the game. And very tricky to do right.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-11, 02:15 AM
Yeah. I did it to Selrahc, and it worked pretty well.

Selrahc
2007-01-11, 07:31 AM
Yeah. I did it to Selrahc, and it worked pretty well.

Despite me being your superior officer:smallwink:

Ah well, I suppose underhandedly betraying your commander, to leave a gap in the promotion structure is all in the spirit of the game.:smallbiggrin:

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-11, 07:50 AM
Meh, dying in the middle of an evil rant is the way I want to go, anyway

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-11, 10:12 AM
I kinda regretted that when I found out, yeah. :tongue: