PDA

View Full Version : (d20 Modern)charisma hero 3: where do i go from here?

brutticusforce
2013-06-27, 09:23 PM
(Originally posted here (community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...).)

So we started a d20 modern game, and I built a pretty basic Charisma hero 3. Hes a con artist with okay dex and int, and hes pretty irresistable, and more than a little sneaky. Im thinking this campaign will end up be a "shadowrun" campaign, where in our group of nere'dowells do unsavory "field work" for coporate exec. No magic or psionics for this game. Just elbow grease, I think. We do have access to the other books, as long as we aren't looking at things that would blatantly not fit into the modern day. No house rules, I think.

I went with the fast talk tree, and my feats are mostly focused on my social skills. Im throwing a +15 to lie. I did pick up Personal Firearms from my background (criminal). my question is, what do i want to do from here? There are some things I need: Investigate, use computer, disable device, and sense motive. I am also a sitting duck in combat, and Im not sure what to do aside dip in fast hero. I was thinking about a dip in Smart, wise, or fast. Im leaning toward wise hero somewhere down the line just for empathy, or skill focus.

I also don't really know which advanced class to go to. I've been looking at the Swindler, Glamourist, and Negotiator, but i have no idea how those stack up. I'd like to focus on lying, being the face, and talking our ways in and out of places. Im leaning towards swinder, just cause the numbers look better (more skill points, better saves, BAB, etc,) but those Glamourist abilities are powerful.

The other bastards in the party are, in no particular order:
Stefan Siegal (Fast hero beat stick, essentially, probably going into Martial artist)
Tequila Yuen (Fast hero, two pistols, defintely going into gunslinger)
And the last player inspired by Chyna, that chick from LA Ink, and Michelle Rodriguez, so shes intending to go melee beat stick also. Shes tough 3 right now. I dont think she has even thought too much about her build or anything.

So basically you have a bunch of people who punch (or shoot!) people in the face, and Im intending for my job to be to figure out who to punch, and to be able to do everything appropriate to those times when punching (or shooting!) is not the answer, specializing in talking.

okay, more than you cared about. Anyways, suggestions are appreciated

Fouredged Sword
2013-06-28, 07:27 AM
A dip in smart wouldn't hurt. Also wise is nice to fill out all the social abilities. If you are having a hard time in combat, consider cracking open the D20 future book and stealing the commander class. (AFB, not sure the name), as you get to add awesome stuff to everyone else's rolls in combat.

KnightOfV
2013-06-28, 01:45 PM
3 hired killers and one face. Only one thing to do. Invest the crap out of Profession and Gamble to make sure you keep your thugs well equipped with all the best in armor and weapons. Someone should have that stuff maxed, and you are the only one with the skill points for it. Plus, then you can have them all officially on your 'payroll'. They will love you for it, and be much more likely to listen to you when you tell them its (fast)talking time.